PDA

View Full Version : Peter Beale

BlackKat
17-08-2006, 20:33
Peter Beale has been recast, from DS Link (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds35958.html). And here's a pic of him with Lucy: Link (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds35959.html)

Not really bothered, as I didn't have an opinion either way of the other one. I thought he did what was needed though - basically be in the background. I hope this means we aren't going to get lots of kiddie plots. I don't mind family based ones, but they should focus on the adult members of the family IMO.

Jada-GDR
17-08-2006, 20:36
i dont like it when new actors come in, its confusing. why is the old peter beale leaving? and he looks nothing like him!!!

Luna
17-08-2006, 20:38
god :eek: they could have got someone who looked at least a bit like the old one!!!

littlemo
17-08-2006, 20:43
I know! They are both turning into Cindy clones! lol.

LostVoodoo
17-08-2006, 21:48
I know! They are both turning into Cindy clones! lol.
well at least that would be some attempt at continuity! but oooh he's so annoying Aryan. but the girl playing Lucy is starting to look really pretty. btw, how old are the twins supposed to be?

Jojo
17-08-2006, 23:21
well at least that would be some attempt at continuity! but oooh he's so annoying Aryan. but the girl playing Lucy is starting to look really pretty. btw, how old are the twins supposed to be? The twins were born Dec 1993, so they are coming up to their 13th birthdays (just like my eldest :eek: )

Had anyone heard that James Martin was leaving? It seems a bit out of the blue really. Unless its a concentrating on school type situation again or something maybe :searchme:

Dr. Tangliss
18-08-2006, 08:27
Blooming nora, he looks like he modles clothes for Next.

alan45
18-08-2006, 09:09
Silly me. I read the title of this thread and thought they had decided to resurrect the original Pete Beale played by the excellent Peter Dean.

Siobhan
18-08-2006, 09:20
He looks way way younger than 13 and nothing like the old guy... what a bad replacement

di marco
18-08-2006, 09:36
He looks way way younger than 13 and nothing like the old guy... what a bad replacement

thats what i thought as well! lucy looks well older than him!

Babe14
18-08-2006, 09:36
Well I thought how ridiculous. Then I remembered E/Dale did it with Scott Windsor and Robert Sugden who also changed his hair colour, only he was bleach blonde originally then he changed to mouse blonde, O.K it worked and I soon forgot the "Originals" however both characters ended up being a waste of space, with one already having left the soap a while ago whereas we are still stuck with the other.:)

lollymay
18-08-2006, 10:18
i hate when they do this it always confuses me for ages after!

Dutchgirl
19-08-2006, 13:42
Well it is obvious why they have cast him. He used to be a model so he is bound to be a smashing actor!:rotfl:

alan45
19-08-2006, 15:27
:rolleyes: Wonder how long it will be before we get the I LOV Thomas Law threads and Thomas Law 4 eva:sick:

Dr. Tangliss
19-08-2006, 15:30
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww, I hope not:sick:

Katy
19-08-2006, 15:39
Dont worry now Richard Fleeshmans left Corrie hes bound to get sexiest male at the soap awards.

Why bother recasting it wasnt long ago since the old one joined.

Dr. Tangliss
19-08-2006, 17:30
I agree, I don't like this recasting business! Does anyone remember the old Martin Fowler?

parkerman
19-08-2006, 19:06
Silly me. I read the title of this thread and thought they had decided to resurrect the original Pete Beale played by the excellent Peter Dean.

Yes, but will the new Pete Beale call Lucy Treacle?

alan45
19-08-2006, 20:40
Yes, but will the new Pete Beale call Lucy Treacle? No we now have the politically correct Deadenders she will probably be called Ethnic group 1

Pinkbanana
19-08-2006, 20:59
Cor blimey, just been looking at the pics of the new Peter Beale. Its really weird, but in the first pic he looks young, fluffy and cute (I stress, in a non sexual way). lol

However, in the second pic, the one with sister Beale in it, he looks really rough...:eek: like he's had a proper hard paper round, or has been doing some seriously hard and fast living (bet it comes out that he has a 40 a day smoking habit or something).

Honestly look at the pics. Is it just me, or has he deteriorated quite a bit in the second one? Maybe I need to take a trip down to specsavers asap!!!

samantha nixon
19-08-2006, 22:18
i acutally think he is gonna be better in ee than the old one was as hopefully hel will actually be good at acting as the other one aint and least they look like each other now and he was good in casualty

crazygirl
23-08-2006, 16:16
bless he's really cute isn't he! he might be better than the one we have now because lets face it this on we have at the moment cant act can he?

x-xjessicax-x
26-08-2006, 16:41
i thought he was meant to be older than lucy he looks about 10.

samantha nixon
27-08-2006, 15:13
i thought he was meant to be older than lucy he looks about 10.

they are twins so there ment to look the same age

x Amby x
27-08-2006, 16:49
Whats the point in changing the actor, Peter and Lucy do nothing anyway!

EE Rocks
27-08-2006, 18:23
Wonder what happened to the other Peter beale?

~*~Leanne~*~
27-08-2006, 19:27
Whats the point in changing the actor, Peter and Lucy do nothing anyway!
maybe they are going to involve them more

Jada-GDR
31-08-2006, 18:07
thats what i thought as well! lucy looks well older than him! he's actually fourteen! and she's thirteen

Rach33
31-08-2006, 21:48
Did anyone spot the new Peter Beale in tonights episode

EE Rocks
31-08-2006, 21:54
Yeah, and it was a shock. I didn't know he was already in EE, i thought he was going in soon.:eek:

JustJodi
31-08-2006, 22:28
god :eek: they could have got someone who looked at least a bit like the old one!!!

Luna did u notice in the DS link,, that this was the 3rd Peter replacement hmmmmm Ian is going thru sons like he goes thru wives :rotfl: :lol:

.:SpIcYsPy:.
31-08-2006, 23:14
Omg!! I thought he would come in months later and then I was like omggggg :eek: He's.... He's.... THERE!! :lol: Joking but it was a shock lol!!

Lmao Jodi!! :lol:

alan45
22-11-2010, 15:11
There's been lots of discussion about Peter Beale's EastEnders future on our forum over the past couple of days amid suggestions that the character has been written out of the soap.

Thomas Law - who has played the role since 2006 - recently filmed some scenes which will see Ian Beale's eldest son leave Albert Square and he is now preparing to make his stage debut in a production of Peter Pan at The Lowry in Salford.

A Walford source said today: "Peter Beale will be leaving screens towards the end of the year, but a return for the character hasn't been ruled out for 2011."

The insider added: "As with Ian's wayward daughter Lucy, Peter is a character who could arrive back in the Square in the future depending on storylines."

Plot details surrounding Peter's forthcoming departure are currently being kept under wraps.

Siobhan
22-11-2010, 15:35
"As with Ian's wayward daughter Lucy, Peter is a character who could arrive back in the Square in the future depending on storylines."

does this mean a change of actor but not character

tammyy2j
22-11-2010, 15:59
Would anyone miss him :rolleyes:

CrazyLea
22-11-2010, 19:21
Aww I like Peter. He's quite good :D
He does look a bit like a Peter Pan though :p

Katy
23-11-2010, 10:33
he got a good cast in Peter Pan at the lowry, some big names!

I quite liked him as well. I did wonder though with him doing that it wouldnt be possible to be in EE as well, the fact its the wrong side of the country to start with.

They will probably do a lauren, send him to america and he will come back 2 years older complete with personality transplant.

Dutchgirl
23-11-2010, 11:07
he got a good cast in Peter Pan at the lowry, some big names!

I quite liked him as well. I did wonder though with him doing that it wouldnt be possible to be in EE as well, the fact its the wrong side of the country to start with.

They will probably do a lauren, send him to america and he will come back 2 years older complete with personality transplant.

Hope not.

lizann
23-11-2010, 11:14
Would anyone miss him :rolleyes:

Nope

JustJodi
02-12-2010, 15:09
Refresh my memory,,,,,,,,,, where did Lucy go ???? if Peter should return, I hope he is returning stronger and has a BACK BONE to stand up to his dad...and maybe take over the reins of the Beale "empire" :-)

Dazzle
02-12-2010, 15:11
[B]Refresh my memory,,,,,,,,,, where did Lucy go ????

Lucy has gone to Devon to stay with her grandmother, I think.

alan45
20-12-2010, 17:17
Thomas Law has teased that his EastEnders exit prompts Jane to conclude that Peter did push Glenda down the stairs.

Viewers are still in the dark as to who sought their revenge on Glenda Mitchell following her outburst at Ben Mitchell's homecoming party. It was previously confirmed that Peter is being written out of the BBC soap - but that a return is possible at some point in 2011.

Speaking about the storyline, Law told Soaplife that Peter warns Glenda to "stay away from his dad" but is overheard by Phil Mitchell - who subsequently accuses him of being the attacker at a family meal.

"Glenda's there too and Peter can see his dad's worried about what she might say," he said. "So to protect him Peter exclaims that Glenda deserves everything she got, then rushes out. He goes home, packs a bag and leaves after handing Bobby a card for Jane."

He continued: "It just says 'I'm sorry'. Jane bursts into tears. She thinks he did push Glenda!"

Asked about a return to the soap, Law added: "I don't know. They're leaving the door open. That's all I can tell you."

Perdita
27-04-2012, 06:43
EastEnders newcomer Hetti Bywater has revealed that she would like Thomas Law to return to the soap as Peter Beale.

The actress, who plays Peter's twin sister Lucy, explained that she would be keen to work alongside Law if show bosses decided to bring back his character.

http://i1.cdnds.net/10/46/soaps_eastenders_thomas_law_aka_peter_beale_2.jpg
© BBC

Asked who she would cast to play Peter in the future, Bywater told Inside Soap: "I'd like Thomas Law to come back to EastEnders. I haven't met him, but I've heard he's very nice.

"I thought his portrayal of Peter was really good when I used to watch the show with him in it."

Law played Peter from 2006 until late 2010, when the character bowed out from Walford.

Bywater, meanwhile, has been on screen as Lucy since the beginning of the year - taking over from Melissa Suffield in the role.

tammyy2j
19-04-2013, 00:21
Ben Hardy has taken over the role of Peter Beale and will debut in the summer in Eastenders

alan45
19-04-2013, 01:05
EastEnders bosses are bringing back Peter Beale with a new actor in the part.

Newcomer Ben Hardy has taken over the role of Peter, who will arrive back on Albert Square in the summer.

http://i1.cdnds.net/13/16/618x412/soaps-eastenders-ben-hardy-peter-beale.jpg
© BBC
Ben Hardy as Peter Beale.

Peter will be an instant hit with the local girls when he re-joins Walford. Now more confident, he finds it hard to say no to their advances.

Hardy commented: "I'm really excited to be joining the fantastic cast of EastEnders - a show which my family have watched for years. I can't wait to step into the shoes of a character with so much history and am looking forward to getting stuck in."

Previously played by Thomas Law, Peter was last seen on screen in December 2010, when he left the Square to live with his sister Lucy and their grandmother in Devon.

The teenager enjoyed a life of sun, sea and surf during his time away, but his relationship with Lucy turned sour when he started seeing her best friend Leanne.

http://i2.cdnds.net/12/22/618x585/1558049-low_res-eastenders.jpg
© BBC
Hetti Bywater as Lucy Beale.

With his new-found confidence and cheeky nature, Peter is more than a match for feisty Lucy as the siblings are reunited in Walford again - but whether she'll be pleased to see him remains to be seen.

EastEnders' executive producer Lorraine Newman said: "Ben's a wonderful addition to the EastEnders cast and I am sure he will be popular with the audience. Having Peter back in the Beale fold helps cement the next generation of the Beale clan, a family who exist at the true heart of the show.

"Ian's wonderful relationship with Denise and the inclusion of Lucy, Peter and Bobby in the household will reinvigorate the clan with vibrancy and energy. I am really looking forward to seeing them all together on screen."

EastEnders will air Peter's return scenes in July.

alan45
19-04-2013, 01:05
EastEnders bosses are bringing back Peter Beale with a new actor in the part.

Newcomer Ben Hardy has taken over the role of Peter, who will arrive back on Albert Square in the summer.

http://i1.cdnds.net/13/16/618x412/soaps-eastenders-ben-hardy-peter-beale.jpg
© BBC
Ben Hardy as Peter Beale.

Peter will be an instant hit with the local girls when he re-joins Walford. Now more confident, he finds it hard to say no to their advances.

Hardy commented: "I'm really excited to be joining the fantastic cast of EastEnders - a show which my family have watched for years. I can't wait to step into the shoes of a character with so much history and am looking forward to getting stuck in."

Previously played by Thomas Law, Peter was last seen on screen in December 2010, when he left the Square to live with his sister Lucy and their grandmother in Devon.

The teenager enjoyed a life of sun, sea and surf during his time away, but his relationship with Lucy turned sour when he started seeing her best friend Leanne.

http://i2.cdnds.net/12/22/618x585/1558049-low_res-eastenders.jpg
© BBC
Hetti Bywater as Lucy Beale.

With his new-found confidence and cheeky nature, Peter is more than a match for feisty Lucy as the siblings are reunited in Walford again - but whether she'll be pleased to see him remains to be seen.

EastEnders' executive producer Lorraine Newman said: "Ben's a wonderful addition to the EastEnders cast and I am sure he will be popular with the audience. Having Peter back in the Beale fold helps cement the next generation of the Beale clan, a family who exist at the true heart of the show.

"Ian's wonderful relationship with Denise and the inclusion of Lucy, Peter and Bobby in the household will reinvigorate the clan with vibrancy and energy. I am really looking forward to seeing them all together on screen."

EastEnders will air Peter's return scenes in July.

lizann
19-04-2013, 21:07
a hit with local girls who are they whitney and lauren again

lets hope he can act

parkerman
19-04-2013, 23:56
a hit with local girls who are they whitney and lauren again

lets hope he can act
Well at least it won't be Lucy this time....

LostVoodoo
22-04-2013, 18:19
The old Peter actually looked like Ian, I see they haven't bothered with this one!

Perdita
04-06-2013, 16:57
EastEnders newcomer Ben Hardy has revealed that he wants romance to be on the cards for his character Peter Beale.

Peter returns to Walford at the end of this week and later renews his friendship with ex-girlfriend Lauren Branning (Jacqueline Jossa).

Hardy told Inside Soap: "He's a lot more confident with women now. Peter and Lauren have a bit of history, so there are probably still some feelings from when they went out before. They were childhood sweethearts, and that doesn't just go away overnight.

"But there are a lot of good-looking ladies on the Square - so I think I'd like to see Peter enjoy a bit of romance!"

The 22-year-old was announced as the new Peter in April. Thomas Law was the last actor to play the role, making his final appearance in December 2010.

Discussing the challenges of the recast, Hardy commented: "I'm sure there are some avid Thomas lovers out there who might not adjust to Peter having a new face, so it's just about weathering the storm and hoping the viewers get used to me. I know that some people really don't like change!

"I didn't purposefully go back and look at Thomas's work, but I did used to watch EastEnders when he was playing Peter. So I've still got those memories and essential qualities that he brought to the role.

"I don't want to ignore what he did, but at the same time, I'd like to put my own stamp on it."

EastEnders airs Peter's return scene this Friday (June 7) at 9pm on BBC One.

Perdita
07-06-2013, 07:19
EastEnders bosses have released new pictures showing newcomer Ben Hardy's first day on set.

Hardy arrives on screen tonight (June 7) as he takes over the role of Peter Beale, who is returning to Walford after more than two years away.

Thomas Law previously played Peter between 2006 and 2010.

http://i1.cdnds.net/13/23/618x927/soaps-eastenders-ben-hardy-first-day-1.jpg
© BBC
Ben Hardy checks out Peter's wardrobe.

http://i2.cdnds.net/13/23/618x412/soaps-eastenders-ben-hardy-first-day-2.jpg
© BBC
Ben looks through one of his scripts.

http://i2.cdnds.net/13/23/618x949/soaps-eastenders-beale-family.jpg
© BBC
The new-look Beale family.

Tonight's EastEnders episode is a big one for the Beales as Lucy (Hetti Bywater) is left devastated when she discovers that Ian (Adam Woodyatt) has been forging cheques from her account.

Lucy confronts her father over his shocking betrayal, but as the pair are in the middle of a row, Peter walks in…

http://i1.cdnds.net/13/23/618x347/soaps-eastenders-peter-beale-returns.jpg
© BBC
Peter Beale's return scene.

EastEnders airs tonight at 9pm on BBC One.

Perdita
10-06-2013, 09:57
EastEnders star Ben Hardy has revealed that he won't be fazed by his character's kissing scenes.

Hardy, who plays the newly cast Peter Beale, isn't worried about taking his top off on the soap either.

Hardy told The Sun: "This is my first telly role but I've done countless kissing scenes in the past.

"The last play I did, I was naked, simulating sex! So for me a kissing scene on EastEnders will be a doddle.

"I've got my first topless scene coming up. I won't be stepping out the shower yet, it's more taking my T-shirt off to help a young lady. That's all I can say."

Hardy also admitted that he has already had his first on-screen fight with David Witts, who plays Joey Branning.

Hardy said: "We went for it. You don't want to go too far, but if you don't go far enough it's rubbish."

Next week's episodes will see Peter take troubled Lauren Branning (Jacqueline Jossa)on a date. The pair previously had a relationship when they were much younger but Peter is unaware of Lauren's alcohol troubles.

"It's going to be very different for Peter when he meets Lauren again - he's never seen her as an alcoholic.

"Tanya tries to get Lauren and Peter back together, she thinks he'll be a good influence because he's a good boy. But the alcohol causes problems. It goes pear-shaped very quickly due to drinking."

EastEnders continues tonight at 8pm on BBC One.

lizann
20-06-2013, 19:49
if rumours are true some of his kissing scenes will involve a dude - talk of peter and danny getting together on twitter and facebook

Perdita
29-08-2013, 13:33
EastEnders actor Ben Hardy has been on screen for less than three months, but is already enjoying recognition as he is up for two prizes at this year's Inside Soap Awards.

The actor, who has taken over the role of Peter Beale, is in the running for 'Best Newcomer' and 'Sexiest Male' at this year's ceremony.

With voting still open, Digital Spy chatted to Ben this week to hear his thoughts on the nods and Peter's secret.

How do you feel about being up for two Inside Soap Awards?
"I'm really flattered. I wasn't expecting to be up for anything, because I've only been in the show for a short period of time. It's great to be up for 'Best Newcomer' and 'Sexiest Male'."

Is there one that you'd prefer to win over the other?
"To be honest, I'm not expecting to win anything! If I could choose, I'd probably rather win 'Best Newcomer', just because it's more of a reflection upon acting ability rather than just looks. But obviously I'd be happy to win either, really."

EastEnders usually does well at the Inside Soap Awards, so do you think it'll be the same this year?
"I definitely think the show's in with a good chance, although you never really know with these things! I think the show deserves to win lots of awards, but we've just got to wait and see."

After a few months filming at EastEnders, how are you finding it?
"I've settled in quite quickly, which is really nice. I'd expected that it would take a lot longer to get used to everything, though I am still learning new things every day - different camera techniques and things like that. But I've been really pleased with how welcoming everyone has been."

Is it more daunting when you're playing a character who the viewers already knew beforehand?
"It was a little bit daunting in the sense that I knew from the start that there'd be people out there who wouldn't like what I was doing - regardless of what I did - because they were such strong fans of Thomas Law who played Peter before.

"That made things a little bit daunting, but I just take it with a pinch of salt, really! I know what it's like to watch TV and see a character played by a new actor. It does take a while to get used to, so I've had that in mind. I hoped people would get used to it and I think they have now."

What kind of feedback have you had from the fans?
"I saw a lot of good and bad when I first came on, but it's mainly good now and I get a lot of nice messages from fans on Twitter, which is really flattering to receive."

This week, we're seeing the camping episodes air. What were they like to film out on location?
"They were really good fun. To be honest, I hadn't been filming for long at the studios when we went out on location, but it was still nice to film somewhere new and try different things.

"One of the highlights was delving into Peter's secret which is revealed on screen. We've been building up to it for a long time now, so I really enjoyed that big reveal moment. I'm looking forward to seeing that scene myself - hopefully it'll be good and the viewers will enjoy it."

Peter's secret involves a friend in Devon who was swept out to sea. Did you know about this all along, or was it a surprise when you read it in the script?
"I knew most of it! I didn't know every single detail until I got the script, but I did know that Peter had a friend who died in Devon. I had that in mind all along to help me play the scenes building up to the big reveal."

Peter has never spoken to his friend's parents about what really happened, so do you think he needs to make amends there?
"I think he does - it's definitely an unresolved issue for Peter. The trouble is that Peter always has to deal with Ian's problems, so he doesn't always get a chance to address his own! For now it's something that he's put in a little box, but he definitely needs to deal with it at some point."

Will Cindy Junior carry on causing trouble for Peter?
"Well, I think her personality in general irritates Peter! She'll always be a thorn in his side. I really enjoy working with Mimi who plays Cindy, as she does a great job. I think it's a relationship that will carry on developing for a while."

There seems to be a spark between Peter and Lola, so is there potential for a romance?
"I think there definitely could be. Peter finds Lola attractive, although he finds lots of girls attractive! But I think there's a spark there between him and Lola, and some flirting between them too. We'll have to see where things go with that!"

tammyy2j
22-04-2014, 22:55
Is he getting with Lauren again?

Perdita
23-04-2014, 14:13
EastEnders' Peter Beale demands answers as the Beale family's grief continues in tomorrow night's episode (April 24).

Viewers saw Ian deliver the devastating news that Peter's twin sister Lucy had died last night, after her body was found on Walford Common.
http://i1.cdnds.net/14/15/618x425/soaps-eastenders-4844-6.jpg
Peter is heartbroken about Lucy.
© BBC
Peter Beale is left heartbroken about the death of twin Lucy

The fallout continues for the rest of the week, with the focus of tomorrow's episode being solely set in the Beale house until the end.

A new preview clip sees DC Summerhayes ask Peter (Ben Hardy) if Lucy had any enemies, as an investigation continues into the events surrounding her death.

At this stage, the family believe that Lucy's demise was the result of a random mugging that went wrong. However, in episodes to be aired next week, the police realise that she was murdered and subsequently step up their investigation into the tragedy.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/news/a566129/eastenders-peter-beale-demands-answers-over-lucy-death-video-preview.html#~oCgtRXpWCErG2D

tammyy2j
19-08-2014, 21:42
Ben Hardy has backed his character Peter Beale's decision to dump Lola Pearce.

Next week's episodes see Peter tell Lola that they have to break up, shortly after he has made another move on Lauren Branning.

While Lola is adamant that they should find a way to make their romance work, Peter stands firm by insisting that it isn't fair to keep stringing her along.

Speaking to Inside Soap, Hardy explained: "I think Peter subconsciously took Lola on as a bit of a project. He liked a lot of her raw qualities when they first started seeing each other and thought maybe he could posh her up a little bit!

"But Lola's quite rightly put her foot down and been resistant to that, and I think that's when they first started having problems.

"It's wrong for Peter to try and change Lola - so when he breaks up with her, he's actually doing her a favour. They just don't work together. She's trying to be helpful with the Lucy situation but keeps asking Peter all the wrong questions. Peter doesn't have that problem with Lauren. She's just there for him when he needs her."

Hardy also shared his latest thoughts on the 'Who Killed Lucy?' mystery, admitting that Peter is starting to look suspicious.

He said: "My current theory is that Peter killed Lucy! There are a few factors that are suggesting to me that it's going to be him. However, I don't think he would have done it deliberately.

"I think Lucy's death might have been an accident - maybe Peter pushed her out of frustration and she hit her head. And then when we saw him crying at her funeral, it's because he's so devastated by the guilt of what he's done."

Perdita
09-11-2014, 14:46
EastEnders fans will see Peter Beale turn to drugs after he hits rock bottom in a forthcoming storyline.

Peter, played by Ben Hardy, will reach his lowest ebb as the tragic death of his twin sister Lucy continues to take its toll on his wellbeing.

While the young market trader has spent most of the year struggling with his grief, he feels particularly vulnerable as his 21st birthday approaches next month.

Devastated that Lucy never got to reach the milestone birthday with him, Peter takes cocaine in a desperate bid to block out his own pain, according to the Daily Star Sunday today.

An EastEnders insider confirmed Peter's cocaine use to Digital Spy today (November 9), revealing that his bad decision will be a one-off rather than an ongoing drugs issue.

However, if Peter's father Ian finds out, his actions could prove to be an unwelcome reminder of Lucy's final days as she was also taking cocaine before her death.
http://i2.cdnds.net/14/14/618x440/soaps-eastenders-4840-13.jpg
Peter overhears Lucy and Ian's conversation.
© BBC

Ian was devastated when he learned of Lucy's drug use, and their final moments on screen together saw them arguing over her dark secret.

lizann
09-11-2014, 21:21
taking drugs for his guilt of killing his twin sister perhaps

Perdita
19-11-2014, 13:43
EastEnders star Ben Hardy is leaving the soap, Digital Spy can confirm.

The actor has been playing the role of Peter Beale since mid-2013.

An EastEnders spokesperson told Digital Spy today (November 19): "We can confirm Ben will be leaving EastEnders at the end of his contract."

Show bosses are keeping tight-lipped about further details, including how and when Hardy will bow out.

Speculation over Hardy's EastEnders future began overnight, when it was rumoured that he was in the running for a role in the next X-Men film Apocalypse.

Reports suggested that he was being lined up to play a young Cyclops, with Interstellar's Timothee Chalamet and Neverland's Charlie Rowe also supposedly in the frame.

Hardy was announced as the new Peter in April 2013 and arrived on screen in June of that year. Peter had last been seen in December 2010 with Thomas Law in the part.

Since the recast, Peter's storylines have included his romances with Lola Pearce and Lauren Branning, as well as his grief for his twin sister Lucy following her tragic murder.

tammyy2j
19-11-2014, 14:46
If he isn't Lucy's killer, then maybe he leaves with Lauren to go off travelling

Perdita
25-11-2014, 08:40
Peter Beale takes centre stage on EastEnders next week as he returns to Albert Square with plans to pop the question.

The Walford market trader is ready to make a big commitment to his girlfriend Lauren Branning, but his proposal doesn't go according to plan when a Beale family drama overshadows the happy moment.

Here, Ben Hardy - who plays Peter - reveals what fans can expect from a big week for his character.

What makes Peter want to propose?
"I think he's a bit young, but Peter's a bit of a romantic. At this point, he's 20, soon to be 21 and he thinks Lauren is the one.

"Peter also wants a new chapter after the whole Lucy thing, so he sees it as a way of starting afresh. So he thinks, 'I'll propose to Lauren and this will be my new adventure and I can stop thinking about Lucy'."

Why did Peter go off to New Zealand?
"I think he had already planned to go to New Zealand to see his half-brother Steven. His want to go travelling hasn't gone away. If he could have afforded it, he would have taken Lauren with him. But it hasn't really cleared his head because all Steven would talk about was Lucy."

When Peter returns, he goes straight to Max to ask for his blessing to propose to Lauren. How does it go?
"Peter decides he's not going to plead with Max, he's just going to tell him and get to the point and maybe earn his respect that way. In doing that, he wins Max over. If he had gone to him and nicely asked, Max might have blown him out of the water. So he's like, 'I want to marry Lauren, I love her and you're going to let me!'"

How would he feel about having Max as a father-in-law, though?
"It's a tricky one, isn't it? When your father-in-law has previously had sex with your dead sister! But Jake Wood (Max) is a good dancer. Maybe that's why Peter likes him! I don't think they will ever be friends, but they have a mutual respect for each other."

Why does Peter choose to propose in front of the Brannings and the Beales?
"That's not how I would propose! It's a bit of an odd choice but Peter loves his family, his friends and just wants them all to be there and share it with them. But I don't think Lauren minds that too much."

Does Peter think Lauren will say yes?
"He's very hopeful she'll say yes, but he's still nervous. His family life is so up in the air. He's almost like a father to his own father Ian at the moment. He's been looking after Ian. It would be Peter's ideal to have a stable home and maybe children. That's something he has never had. He's had a new mum every few years with Ian's five wives!"

Peter's proposal doesn't go according to plan, does it?
"Secrets come out involving the Beales. That's as much as I can say."

We know that Lauren doesn't accept the proposal straight away…
"Because of the commotion that happens during the proposal, that interrupts everything after Peter has asked the question. Peter has to deal with something in the Beale household and then come back to find out Lauren's answer. He doesn't know Lauren is having a heart-to-heart with Max, but he is worried about her answer."

Would you like a big EastEnders wedding?
"Like Pat and Frank back in the day? No, no jellied eels!"

Peter is also seen by fans as a prime suspect in Lucy's murder!
"I can see why, but I think the motive is very thin. Lucy was the favourite with Ian. I used to think my brother was the favourite son, but I wasn't going to kill him! But it is EastEnders. I don't think it is Peter, but I can see why people might think so. People do ask me all the time when I'm out and about. I say, 'I don't know'. They go, 'Oh shut up, yeah you do!' but I say, 'No, I actually don't' and that's the end of the conversation!"

Would you be disappointed if the killer was Peter?
"I think I would be disappointed because I don't think it would make sense. But as an actor I would enjoy playing it, so I'm torn."

How are things between Peter and Ian after the revelations about Rainie?
"Peter is a bit of a mug. Ian apologises and Peter just accepts that, and they go back and forth with him forgiving him. But he's only got one dad so that's the way it goes. So they are back to being father and son.

"I don't think the fact Ian was with a prostitute bothered Peter that much, because it's not Ian's first time, but I think the fact it was on the night Lucy died and he lied about it really annoyed him. But Peter is used to forgiving Ian. It's a cycle that keeps on happening."

What's in store for Peter at Christmas?
"There may be some romance in the Beale family. Some new romance."

How will Peter react when he finds out that Lucy's wallet and phone have been discovered?
"I think he would ask questions, but it all depends on what happens with Lauren. He's taken a step away from the Lucy thing. He's spent the last six months of his life traumatised by her death, wanting to find out who did it. So he's stepped back, let the police take over and got on with his life."

How do you feel about the live week coming up for the 30th anniversary?
"I'm really looking forward to it, it should be good. It'll be nice to do something a bit different. No-one is actually there when you film on the lot, so compared to being on stage, it feels less nerve-wrecking than that even though more people are watching it. I'm not feeling too nervous about it at the moment, but nearer the time I might be!"

What if Lauren is connected to Lucy's death?
"Peter would be very upset. His trust would have been betrayed."

Do you think there's anyone Peter would cover for if he found out who the killer was?
"I think it depends what the circumstances were. Whether it was an accident or if it was manslaughter, maybe he would show some sympathy. But if it was all-out murder, I think he would want justice no matter who it was.

"It's good that the fans want to know, but I want to know more than they do! We all talk about it here and come up with theories. A lot of people say Jane, Peter. I think it's the timing with Jane, she came back just before Lucy died and now she's come back just before the reveal.

"My personal theory is it's Ian Beale. I'm 100% sure of that, but I'm almost afraid to say it in case I get it right and they change it. I think it was manslaughter or an accident. Dominic Treadwell-Collins has said the killer doesn't necessarily have to get caught and go to prison, which is normally a soap law."

tammyy2j
20-02-2015, 22:33
Was tonight Ben's last day filming?

Jessie Wallace
20-02-2015, 23:00
Yes
Was tonight Ben's last day filming?

tammyy2j
20-02-2015, 23:07
I thought he would just leave, he couldn't stay and live with Ian and the others after the reveal

Dazzle
20-02-2015, 23:48
I thought he would just leave, he couldn't stay and live with Ian and the others after the reveal

I wonder what he's going to do now?

lizann
21-02-2015, 22:00

he may tell lauren about bobby, i think peter as her twin feels responsible for lucy's death plus him getting her drugs and needs someone to pay can hope we see vigilante peter targeting his own family :p did lauren abort his kid?

lizann
21-02-2015, 22:00

he may tell lauren about bobby, i think peter as her twin feels responsible for lucy's death plus him getting her drugs and needs someone to pay can hope we see vigilante peter targeting his own family :p did lauren abort his kid?

parkerman
21-02-2015, 23:07
Peter will be seen again. Remember that was a live episode and he has still been filming in the last month or so.

tammyy2j
23-02-2015, 22:29
I really hope Lauren goes with him to New Zealand, I want a happy ending for them

Perdita
25-02-2015, 06:20
EastEnders actor Ben Hardy is joining the cast of X-Men: Apocalypse.

Hardy's exact role in director Bryan Singer's X-Men: Days of Future Past sequel is unknown, but Variety hints that he will play a well-known character.

Ben Hardy as Peter Beale in EastEnders
© BBC / Kieron McCarron

This will be the first major Hollywood part for Hardy, who announced last November that he would quit his role as Peter Beale in BBC soap opera EastEnders.

His EastEnders exit scenes were screened in the UK on Tuesday (February 24), as Peter chose to move to New Zealand with his girlfriend Lauren Branning (Jacqueline Jossa) following the Bobby Beale murder reveal.

The next X-Men movie will introduce younger versions of established characters Cyclops, Jean Grey and Storm played by Tye Sheridan, Sophie Turner and Alexandra Shipp.

Oscar Isaac has been cast as the megalomaniac villain Apocalypse, while franchise veterans James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Nicholas Hoult and Jennifer Lawrence will all return.

Singer has already begun hinting at plot points for the movie by unveiling production art on social media.

X-Men: Apocalypse will be released in cinemas in the spring of 2016.

I wish him good luck !

Perdita
25-02-2015, 11:11
EastEnders star Ben Hardy has taken to Twitter following his show exit, suggesting that his character Peter Beale could return one day.

Peter bowed out of Walford in last night's episode of the soap (February 24) as he and his pregnant girlfriend Lauren Branning (Jacqueline Jossa) headed off for a new life in New Zealand.

The decision came after a dramatic time for Peter following the discovery that his half-brother Bobby was responsible for the murder of his twin Lucy.

Following the episode, Jossa tweeted: "Loved working with @benhardy0291 was a pleasure to leave with him! @bbceastenders I will miss you!"

Responding to the tweet, Hardy said: "Ditto! Miss you. Maybe one day Peter will come back to visit Lauren and Pete Jr (that better be his name)."

@jacquelineMjos @bbceastenders Ditto! Miss you. Maybe one day Peter will come back to visit Lauren and Pete Jr (that better be his name)

— Ben Hardy (@benhardy0291) February 25, 2015

Fans will know that Jossa recently gave birth to a baby girl, and her character's exit paved the way for her to go on maternity leave.

However, she has previously confirmed that she intends to return to the soap, denying reports that she is planning a one-year maternity break.

It was confirmed earlier today that Hardy would be joining the cast of X-Men: Apocalypse.

Perdita
09-08-2016, 11:40
If you are missing Peter Beale on EastEnders then this news could make you very happy - Aaron Sidwell thinks the character could make a sensational return.

Aaron, who plays Peter's half brother Steven, arrived back in Walford earlier this year and is now in a relationship with his sibling's ex-girlfriend Lauren.

Struggling to keep up? Well, things could be about to get even more complicated.

Aaron believes that Ben Hardy, who bowed out of his role as Peter last year, could return to the soap if the timing was right. And he wants Peter to fight for Lauren if he does.

"I would like to see Ben Hardy reprise his role of Peter and to see a showdown between him and Steven for Lauren," Aaron told Inside Soap.

"I think Ben is passionate about the show, and that he would probably be interested in coming back if the timing and story were right.

"Peter is always going to be a fixture in the story, considering that he and Lauren have a child together that Steven is raising."

And while Steven might be loved up with Lauren, Aaron has hinted that there could be a darker reason that has brought his alter ego to Walford...

"Steven returned to Walford to help the Beales, but also because he is running from something," Aaron teased.

"We're always going to wonder whether he is the good son or bad son - and that brings Peter into play. Who should Lauren be with? Who should be home with Ian? It's an interesting question."

Digital Spy

parkerman
09-08-2016, 14:21
"Who should Lauren be with? Who should be home with Ian? It's an interesting question."

No it's not. Yawn!

tammyy2j
09-08-2016, 14:35
The character of Lauren has been ruined so I don't care who she is with

lizann
02-11-2016, 22:09
a bit of talk online of peter returning soon

Boomerang
03-11-2016, 10:27
Id rather Cindy returned over Peter, I'm interested in her relationship with Steven. Plus I think Steven should be made aware of how much Ian and Jane bullied her into keeping their secret for them.

Perdita
31-10-2018, 17:45
http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/eastenders/feature/a869661/thomas-law-peter-beale-eastenders/

Wow :wub::wub::wub:

tammyy2j
18-12-2019, 23:08
A new Peter Beale is returning

Perdita
19-12-2019, 03:35
https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/NINTCHDBPICT000548607930-2.jpg?w=620

7th actor to play Peter Beale https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/10581513/eastenders-peter-beale-newcomer-dayle-hudson-seventh-actor/

parkerman
19-12-2019, 08:45
https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/NINTCHDBPICT000548607930-2.jpg?w=620

7th actor to play Peter Beale

Is that the record for one character with most different heads?

kaz21
19-12-2019, 12:38
Haha

lizann
19-12-2019, 14:46

how many ben?

Perdita
19-12-2019, 20:33
how many ben?

According to Wiki .. 6 .... Ben Mitchell is a fictional character from the BBC soap opera EastEnders, who has been played by six different actors since his on-screen birth on 21 March 1996.

lizann
18-02-2020, 20:31
so kathy and peter are in contact

Timalay
20-02-2020, 20:43

There's Timelords on the square. They just regenerate, that's why nobody questions their change in appearance.

mysangry
22-02-2020, 15:48
Did I miss something?
How did Peter travel half way across the Globe and know Bobby was in hospital, who told him?
He just suddenly appeared at the hospital bed by magic:eek:

parkerman
22-02-2020, 18:10
Did I miss something?
How did Peter travel half way across the Globe and know Bobby was in hospital, who told him?
He just suddenly appeared at the hospital bed by magic:eek:

He was already in the country. Kathy knew he was here.

lizann
31-05-2022, 01:36
close to dana after his attack

lizann
11-06-2022, 00:48
peter and dana axed

lizann
22-06-2023, 19:57
thomas back as peter looking lovely tanned

Perdita
15-08-2023, 16:24
https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/eastenders/a44806448/eastenders-spoilers-peter-beale-return-details-thomas-law/

EastEnders' Peter Beale will return to Walford next week, in an attempt to connect with his sisters Anna and Gina.

Thomas Law has taken over the role of Peter again and reappeared in a special episode back in June.

Thomas last appeared as Peter in late 2010, with Ben Hardy and Dayle Hudson playing the role more recently.

As promised, Peter will return to the Square in upcoming scenes, after learning that he has siblings he knew nothing about.

At the start of the week, Bobby is shocked to learn Kathy is selling the chippy.

Failing to reach Kathy ? who is still on her honeymoon ? Bobby decides to call Peter instead.

In the meantime, Anna sends a scathing text to her mum after getting her number. Over in France, Peter intercepts the text from Anna on Cindy's phone.

After interrogating Ian about it, Peter eventually learns he has two sisters.

Ian quickly deletes the messages from Anna and pleads with Peter not to tell Cindy about their conversation.

Peter agrees to this but shocks Ian when he later shares his plans to leave for Walford to meet them, and has even booked on the Eurostar that evening.

Peter later arrives at The Vic, just as an unsuspecting Gina and Anna prepare to close up for the night.

Bobby gets a shock when he wakes to find Peter sleeping on the sofa in No.45.

Peter vows to help Bobby turn the chippy into a success in the hope that it will encourage Kathy not to sell. He then heads over to The Vic to spy on his new sisters.

Things go from bad to worse for Peter when he comes face to face with Ben in the pub.

Peter is further shocked to learn from Gina that Bobby is smitten with Anna and immediately attempts to stop the budding relationship between his siblings.

The following day, Peter wakes full of regret over his actions from the night before and answers a phone call from Cindy.

Cindy can sense that something is wrong but Peter covers ? before being ordered to leave by Bobby. What will this mean for Peter now?

Speaking about Peter's return, Thomas said: "I think Bobby's slightly confused to see Peter at first but Peter is really happy to see him and be back, although slightly nervous too as he knows he's messed Bobby, Kathy and Rocky up."

Explaining why Peter is so keen to connect with Gina and Anna, Thomas added: "I think any opportunity to have more family he'll grab with both hands so he's keen to build a good relationship with them."