PDA

View Full Version : Curling Hair

x Amby x
10-08-2006, 10:40
I really want to curl my hair perfectly, and i really like how Sarah Dunn has hers in this picture:
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/1669/57665921at0.jpg

I tend to use curling irons or bendy rollers but it never seems to work perfectly, it either goes too loose or too tight like an old ladies perm! lol Please Help!!!!!!

Jessie Wallace
10-08-2006, 12:18
I use hair straightners to curl mine, and usualy a goss spray as that gives it a bit of body, and also enough time for you to apply some hair spray to keep the curls in place, only do a few sections at a time, and it is easier with some help, i some times get someone else to do the hair spray, that way i know it's going where i want it to, and holds better!

adorableangel
10-08-2006, 19:09
i like the way Maria Sutherland (Maria) from Coronation street curls her hair. Do you think she uses a hair streightener??

.:SpIcYsPy:.
10-08-2006, 19:19
Hmmm.. she probably use big fat rollers.. Like the smaller barrels tend to make tighter ones I think.. but the big ones make loose/wavy type ones.. I think lol :)

You probably need her hair length if you want it like hers too..

X~xLaylax~X
17-08-2006, 21:51
i recomend using some product by john frieda in the frizz ease range . all i can say i faaaabulas !! me and my mats all tryed and tested some products i bought and frizz ease is a winner , not only does it de frizz but it creates curles where there arnt any wiv wavey hair , either leave it to dry naturally or used a barel on your hairdryer . visit www.johnfrieda.com . or you coud always put a couple of plaits in your hair when its wet after youv put some serum in , it looks juts as nice , espesially french plaits , you could have french plaits for the day and then when you go out clubbin you can take them out for the perfect doo . lol.leaving your hair in srirals also work. hope this helps.

xxloopylauraxx
18-08-2006, 16:42
the french plaits idea is a good idea however ialways find my hair just looks like i havent brushed it. my hair doesnt take to any type of curls because its to thin & long so when ever i do my hair dead nice it just looks unbrushed by the end of the night/day. plus i bet none of the stars can ever do their own hair like that. so that makes me feel better. hehehe

Siobhan
18-08-2006, 16:48
Those women have professionals doing their hairs and everyone know you hair looks fab just as you are leaving the hairdresser but then take a live of their own when you get home

adorableangel
18-08-2006, 19:52
does any body know where i can buy decent curlers to achieve the 'Maria' look?

Jessie Wallace
18-08-2006, 20:39
Just buy yourself a good pair of straightning iron's and you can get the same look with them.

CrazyLea
18-08-2006, 20:46
Dawn, you'll have to tell me how to curl hair with straighteners :D Then I won't have to spend any money buying curlers :p

Jessie Wallace
18-08-2006, 20:50
Ah it's really easy, basically instead of pulling them down straight, twist your wrist slightly, and then pull the iron's downwards.
I'm looknig for a link to a free DVD i got, but there's like 95 pages on the freebie thread! lol

Jessie Wallace
18-08-2006, 20:54
Found it!!

http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=130684&postcount=258

adorableangel
18-08-2006, 20:54
does any body rate the actual curlers that you put in your hair??

Jessie Wallace
18-08-2006, 21:01
Not me, why waste your money on two seperate things, when one item does the trick! Straighten's and curls :D

Sam Nixon Fan
23-08-2006, 21:29
If you want to ivest in some curlers, i would recommend Angel curls, they are actually vey good and only cost £20. they actually work as well unlike most.

GHD is also a good choice, but when you curl them its best to enure that u release and twist them out downwards, otherwise it can cause static tension, its also recommended to use non stick hairspray and spray the section of hair before and after curling, because GHD'ing doesnt last aslong.

crazygirl
24-08-2006, 00:00
If you want to ivest in some curlers, i would recommend Angel curls, they are actually vey good and only cost £20. they actually work as well unlike most.

GHD is also a good choice, but when you curl them its best to enure that u release and twist them out downwards, otherwise it can cause static tension, its also recommended to use non stick hairspray and spray the section of hair before and after curling, because GHD'ing doesnt last aslong. i bought my daughter some of those and i cant use them

adorableangel
24-08-2006, 07:55
why cant you use them? is it because they dont grip the hair properly? i ought some expensive babyliss hot press steam curlers and they did not grip my hair prperly

X~xLaylax~X
26-09-2006, 19:22
i got some gdhs for my birthday last week and are really good !!!! the straightness lasts like in the salon and the curls are gorge , like tously . i got a set with a nice bag and hair products and an anti static brush but cost £140!

annaz
25-11-2006, 09:43
Very large rollers are great and they're better for your hair than hot curlers than can break your hair and give you split ends