PDA

View Full Version : Split Ends

*soap*star*
09-08-2006, 12:18
Hey guys! Any help or advice on how to get rid of split ends or hairs that break easily? Cos its so frustrating after I use expensive shampoos then look in the mirror to see a mass of frizz so soon after brushing!

emma_strange
09-08-2006, 12:46
Only advice i can really give is don't brush wet hair. Use a comb. And get regular trims at the hairdressers. Sorry it's not really all that helpful.

Jojo
09-08-2006, 13:28
And try not to style too much is another one - with like hair dryers, straighteners etc - too much heat used in this way can damage your hair. I try to treat mine to a hot oil treatment once a week (I get really bad split ends and my hair breaks easily) which helps. And like Emma said, try to get regular trims to top the ends off.

LostVoodoo
09-08-2006, 17:02
Cos its so frustrating after I use expensive shampoos then look in the mirror to see a mass of frizz so soon after brushing!

expensive shampoo wont help you, its just detergent after all. you want to be using expensive conditioner! well, even conditioner doesn't have to be too expensive, the Fructis Long and Strong range is really good, they used to do a really good leave-in conditioner but they dont seem to make it anymore. and Mark Hill range does these 'concentrated split end capsules' which are really good but expensive, i got mine half price on ebay!

x Amby x
09-08-2006, 17:12
i get split ends all the time, so ive stopped using my hair straighteners as much and instead of using a curling iron to curl my hair i use those bendy rollers!

.:SpIcYsPy:.
09-08-2006, 19:11
Dove Shampoo.. Dove conditioner even better :p Really reccomend it :p

Leave the expensive hair products to the hair dressers or for them big party's!! They shouldn't be used all the time!!

Don't use to many hair styling products.. keep it simple and sweet :)

Use a wide tooth comb when taking out knots.. I hardly get a single one with Dove conditoner.. Even after hair is dry... and after I slept and woken up too :eek: Shocking but true lol x

*soap*star*
09-08-2006, 22:22
Thanks for the advice guys- You can guess where my straighteners are going for the summer!

crazygirl
10-08-2006, 00:22
i cant use my straightners in the summer i get to hot im sick of having my hair slapped back i need autumn to come

10-08-2006, 00:23
Go for the natural wavy look with mousse instead. A good look if your heading for the beach :p

X~xLaylax~X
17-08-2006, 21:20
id also recomend that you used jhon frieda brilliant brunette shine balm as it realy makes your hair shine aswel as banishing the look of split ends , if your not a brinete it doesnt matter because it doesnt ad or despose colour and is juts clear and sparkly !

LostVoodoo
17-08-2006, 21:51
oh, just remembered this. i went into town over the weekend and my local superdrug appears to be getting rid of some of them Schwartzkopf Gliss range, all of the anti-split end stuff is reduced to 49p! i got some of the serum which is pretty good. and conditioner and shampooo are that price too.

annaz
25-11-2006, 09:38
If you have to use straightners, curling irons and stuff make sure you use a heat protection spray, it should be sprayed about 15cm away from you hair and on the top and under you hair. I reccomend Wella Heat Protection Spray.

Don't brush you hair and squeeze all the water from your hair with a towel straight away, not drying your hair properly can make it frizzy.

25-11-2006, 11:49
I found a new Aussie hair conditioning 3 minute treatment.. it makes your hair smell GORGEOUS and your hair feels extremly smooth and soft and stays like that! For a free sample click here (http://www.easyanswer.net/p&g/OPTIMUM/aussie2836/Default.asp?check=true) x