PDA

View Full Version : new premiership

Pages : 1 [2]

Katy
29-01-2007, 15:59
WEre still in the cup. were still in the cup. It was close though thought we had had it after 20 minutes and Kenwynne Jones scored as weaver was in No mans land.

Preston North end away in the next round. It will be tough. What is it with
Bolton and Arsenal they are one bogey team.

Nice seeing BWP, didnt score that Hatrick thank God. Once a blue always a blue was the chant singing tound the ground. It was a great atmosphere as well even if there was only 26 000.

alkalinetrio
29-01-2007, 19:40
yeah i know we should have won that in 2nd half we applied a lot of pressure then
im nervous about away replay tho

Katy
30-01-2007, 14:52
definatly the second half Bolton ran out of steam, i thought thw youth of Arsenal could have done it again, you could tell the diferences between the average ages n the second half especially.

pookie1968uk
31-01-2007, 09:40
phew, i thought liverpool were going to lose their lead last night but we held on for another vital three points. we are two points behind chelsea now!
what is it with liverpool, they score great goals then always sit back content to let that be enough, then they end up letting goals in!

Katy
31-01-2007, 17:10
It never good that, but it was too late when west ham scored really its just adds unessecery pressure on the defence especially. You really are creeping behind Chelsea.

Its tranfer deadline day, any deals been done yet, except Javier Mascerano. Hes gone to Liverpool hasnt he.

Katy
31-01-2007, 17:55
Aha, we have signed Michael Ball for an undisclosed fee, he must have impressed in training. Theres no others to report yet, apart from Song has joined Charlton on Loan from the gunners.

alkalinetrio
31-01-2007, 22:42
alle alle alle oi oi oi:P thats my adidalier chant haha by the way i might have spelt that wrong i can never remember how to spell hes name haha! nah he aint joined liverpool yet but i see west ham finaly brought mathew upson lol a ex gunner:P i may add haha yeah song went to charlton everyone wants arsenal players seb left for birmingham and muamba might leave for birmingham and we already sold anthony stokes lol we got middlesbough next bring it on love the name of there new player lol

alkalinetrio
31-01-2007, 22:45
and may i add that tots new defender rocha haha what a clearance that led to our goal any one see it? lol instead of kicking it he went all the way to the ground to try head it but mucked up lol

Katy
01-02-2007, 16:53
The youth have a well deserved place in the final, hope they win now. They have done so well.

Cashley Coles knee looked bad, dont know how he did it, sort of fell over himself.

alkalinetrio
01-02-2007, 17:53
im delighted about that:P deserves it the traitor lol

Katy
01-02-2007, 19:26
lol, it looked pretty nasty Chelsea have had it rough with injuries.

mido was nearly a city player last night, im, kind of glad spurs pulled out as i dont really rate him. Im a bit dissapointed we didnt get a striker in the window though. we really need one. also im a bit annoyed about Pearce having the under 21 job. Its not like he has really proven himself at City is it.

alkalinetrio
01-02-2007, 21:21
to be honest i think its great he got the job! and you dont have to buy players:P so hey the passions there i know he aint been doing manager job long but i reckon he will do good just looked at squad so many good players there but missing me damn this bad knee:P

Katy
02-02-2007, 14:49
I was tinking that but his track record aint to good when it comes to young players. I mean He gave Michael Johnson a change against Wigan and was the best man on the field yet we have never seen him since obvioulsy as he has to play his old age pensioners that he signed in the summer as otherwise its a waste of money.

Katy
03-02-2007, 14:15
Reading in an hour.

Think it will be tough. I wonder if Ball will be given a debut.

Cant believe Caleb Folan went to Wigan gutted, hed have been great in a light blue shirt.

Out bench looks pretty interesting. Theres a return for Sun Ji Hi. and young Danny Sturridge, (the next Walcott) lets hope its worthwhile hope he gets a few minutes.

pookie1968uk
03-02-2007, 16:40
oh no, that was 2 vital points dropped by us today in a game we should have won.

Katy
03-02-2007, 17:02
3 vital points we dropped, we were all over them, yet couldnt score. It had Typical City written all over it. Your old Man did all right, Hamann. he was quite good when he came on. Sturridge had 10 minutes. Samaras had a mare as per usual. so all in all a bad day at the office. Pearce needs to sort it out. We have played 15 home games in all competitions and failed to score in 7 of them. Thats a poor stat.

pookie1968uk
03-02-2007, 17:25
oooh yes i have just seen your score, not good at all.
the worse thing for us is that chelsea got their 3 points so we have dropped behind them again and if arsenal win today they will be right behind us!

Katy
03-02-2007, 18:04
Wigan and everyone beneath us won Fulham etc. Were closing on relegation again !!! its not good. We cant go down.

Katy
04-02-2007, 11:48
Boro 1 - 1 Arsenal not a bad result considering Senderos was sent off and Arsenal had to play with 10 men being 1 0 down thanks to the penalty.

Senderos for me is a liability, what ever game i see him in he makes too many mistakes.

alkalinetrio
04-02-2007, 20:21
i love senderos but that shudnt have been a penalty it was outside the box he is a good player he just needs more and more experience cause when hes good hes really good

Katy
05-02-2007, 16:53
Your right thats the only reason, hes not experienced enough. I used the same words "liability" to describe Richard Dunne, look at the man now, hes mega in defence.

I think the england under 21 job should be full time, If pearce had any sense hed go on wednesday and not come back. Plus the board at City could not run a bath never mind a flipping football club. Why cant city buy a Lita, or a Roberts, Or McCarthy. Im not asking for flipping Henry just someone who can score a flipping goal. Who isnt a six foot liabilty afraid to net the ball.

pookie1968uk
09-02-2007, 14:50
well its liverpool v newcastle, man city v portsmouth on saturday, and arsenal v wigan on sunday. how do you think we will do?

Katy
09-02-2007, 14:59
ill go for a Gunners and pool win and a City loss. :crying: :crying:

I have given up, i cant see us winning. we would be going down if there hadnt been a few lucky results along the way.

If you look on You tube and type in samaras greek ronaldiniho you should see the video he was ace in holland. I think city have turned him pants. I dont know how hes gone so bad.

Katy
10-02-2007, 13:52
has anyone seen the Jose and his amazing technicoulired overcoat on you tube. It must be last year but it is so funny.

Im debating whether to buy the game in on premplus, there all tightwads round here and dont have it in any of the pubs, (its also Man united every as well) so ill have to decide. If we win its 7 quid well spent otherwise its a waste of money.

Katy
11-02-2007, 12:53
I cant believe we through it away, flipping Kanu, also how Dean didnt see that traore handball was a penalty is anyones guess, how else did it get punched away from Distins head. I bet Mendes hates playing against us although i think Joeys tackle on him wasnt intential. his boot just caught the back of his ankle. god goal from corradi though, im really pleased he scored. It was a pity we didnt get a point. were one place away from relegation.

do you think well go down??

pookie1968uk
11-02-2007, 19:32
no i dont think you will go down. i think you have enough in you to stay up. but then again i could be wrong! we had a bad game too, and with arsenals win we are just about holding on to our third place. its so annoying, we can play so well one match and so bad then next, there is no consistency.

Katy
12-02-2007, 16:04
exactly City arei n the same position, just the wrong end of the table. I think its Pearce personally. Rumour has it a premiership manager will be sacked this week so heres hoping. I dont think he has a clue, at least with benitez its one bad game and a few good games.

Arsenal were lucky, Paul Jewell is absolutly fuming he doesnt look happy at all. I think that Dowd should definitly awarded a penalty when flamini bought down Heskey.

The worst thing is teams around us keep wining.

Katy
19-02-2007, 11:53
We are through to the quarter finals. Cant believe Arsenal got a reply against Blackburn, the lancashire teams really seem to be your bogie teams.

Thought it was all over after PNE got the opener after 8 minutes, but we deserved to win in the end. What a screamer from Stevie Ireland.

alkalinetrio
19-02-2007, 17:29
nah i think we will beat them at there ground we was on a off day we have had so many games replys and stuff lol psv 2moz woo and if we beat black burn we got man city BRING IT ON:P

Katy
20-02-2007, 09:32
i knew it, i knew that wed have you in the cup. Thats the end of our run if you beat balckburn. I never expected us to get any further though. The quarters are a big acheivement for us considering our season and position in the prem.

pookie1968uk
21-02-2007, 23:49
well that put a smile back on my face, liverpool beating barcelona!! i know anything is still possible but we have put ourselves in the best position going into the next match!

Katy
22-02-2007, 13:20
what on earth did john Terry do last night, he just sort of fell to the ground. Liverpool did really well, coming from a goal behind to win at the nou camp takes some doing.

pookie1968uk
22-02-2007, 18:29
my friends son, who is an everton supporter, sent me a gloating text when we went 1:0 down then i find out later that everton lost last night to tottenham! oh that made my day! lol!
so arsenal or blackburn in the FA cup, how do you fancy your chances with either??

alkalinetrio
23-02-2007, 21:15
wasnt such a good night for us with psv but hard shot to stop i reckon we will win next game go through

Katy
24-02-2007, 13:43
I dont fancy my chances at all, i think that either team we will beat us especially as we are an away draw. I think the best i could hope for is a replay V Arsenal and bring them back to our place.

Next weekends a big game for us V Wigan a RELEGATION BATTLE 6 pointer as there known.

No footie today so ill have to make do with the six nations. The team have gone to Dubai, so that means a week in the sun, come back crapper than ever, Typical City.

Whose going to win tomorrow, the gunners or Chelsea for the first piece of English Silverwhere, my moneys on Arsenal.

pookie1968uk
25-02-2007, 17:46
i couldnt pick between them. wouldnt like either of them to win it lol!!
just realised chelsea won it! oh well!

alkalinetrio
25-02-2007, 19:14
now that was a really good game was 50/50 match really entertaining tho and a nice little brawl at end

Katy
26-02-2007, 16:10
i know what you mean, i thought Arsenal were unlucky though, Drogba had other ideas. good to see Walcott score and the fight made it quite interesting. Felt for John Terry though, i heard he swallowed his tongue.

pookie1968uk
01-03-2007, 15:21
oh dear dear is that arsenal out of the cup!!!
sorry lol, couldnt resist!

Katy
01-03-2007, 16:35
I dont know if i like that or not considering we got the winner in the next round. I fancy my chances more against Blackburn though.
Whos everyone got at the weekend.

pookie1968uk
02-03-2007, 16:36
man united for us!! oh dear, how are we going to do?! really really would love to beat them but we will see!

Katy
02-03-2007, 17:36
how could i forget. Its all people have been saying. We gop 12 points clear at the top. I said no you dont youve got to beat liverpool forst. At Anfield ! ! !. I have to say ill be cheering for the scousers.

Chloe O'brien
02-03-2007, 20:02
Ryan Giggs is set to play his 700th game for Manchester United - will the Welsh Wizard celebrate with a goal against Liverpool tomorrow?

pookie1968uk
02-03-2007, 20:17
i really hope he doesnt lol! i think we have a good chance of beating them but lets just see!

Katy
04-03-2007, 10:36
Unlucky Liverpool, Not good for Man U losing Scholes for 3 games. well if one does punch another player you desreve a straight red.

As for City, we are sunk. I know currently the teams below us are on worse points, but there showing a bit of fight. We did'nt not at all. It was embarrasing. Being taunted by Wigan fans about going down. We're right in the botom now. We have problems. None of them wanted it yesterday. Half of them must have still been in the departure lounge at Dubai airport. Pearce has to go if we have any chance of a survival this season.
Corradi yesterday was shocking. Why did pearce buy him, he has no pace no skill no passing ability. nothing. Its a disgrace. The impression is the minority are going to renew there season card.
People were also saying that the players werent puting there all in due to the cup game on unday. If i were id drop the lot apart from the ones trying. Those being Michael Ball, Damarcas beasley, Stevie Ireland, and Emile Mpenza when he came.
People also were'nt happy when the stewards wouldnt let them out at half time. Thats how bad it is.

On a brighter note. Stockport County set a place in the history books. So there are some cheery people up here.

Katy
05-03-2007, 16:27
Come on everyone all together now

Were in the poo poo, the real poo poo.

Whose going down to the championship with theblues then??

pookie1968uk
05-03-2007, 19:31
i was gutted with our result. i could understand if we had played badly but we played really well and then got the game stolen from us!
i never thought i would say this though but i would rather they win the premiership than whining Mourinho's Chelsea! i suppose man united are slightly the lesser of 2 evils!!!
man city are having such a bad time of it at the mo but i really hope they stay up. i have always had a soft spot for them and hope they dont go down. i still think they have enough in them to stay up though.

Katy
06-03-2007, 14:57
hopefully well stay up.

I was gutted to. Id much rather see the pool beat united. I hate them with a vengence.

Big game tonight. At least you have the goal advantage against Barca. Should be a good game.

pookie1968uk
09-03-2007, 14:14
was so glad we got through. just seen the draw for the next round and we have managed to avoid chelsea and man united so that is good. we have PSV in the next round and if we beat them we have the winners of the chelsea match for the semi finals!

Katy
09-03-2007, 14:16
i think you could go all the way again this year. I dont think PSV will be that hard to beat not after seeing them against Arsenal the last round.

FA Cup on Sunday. Im working at the thearte im realy gutted. Flaming BBC.

alkalinetrio
09-03-2007, 17:40
ill do your job for ya katy:D since arsenal aint in it damn you blackburn we shud have beaten psv damn them oh well got the 2 scousers this month everton then liverpool might aswell stay up there lol

Katy
10-03-2007, 15:29
Well try and knock blackburn out the cup for you scott. It aint goinjg to happen but we can all dream. We have liverpool soon as well, we dont have good fixtures for a team in a relegation battle. Arsenal Chelsea, Liverpool, United, Spurs, Watford and Charlton. I think the only one we may win will be Villa at home as we usually beat them . I cant see any points from the remaining fixtures. Oh and we have boro as well but we never beat them either.
My blackburn fan friends were all taking the mick today, they reckon 4 - 0 to blackburn. and i hate to say it i think it will be an anialation.

Well want plymouth to beat Watford tomorrow, that would be good.

Katy
13-03-2007, 15:19
what an appauling game. It was awful. Pearce has got to go. The fans started singing your not fit to wear the shirt which i thinks terribly sad. Chelseas tomorrow. And to add to the clubs awfulness Bartons been arrested for assault and criminal damage.

Katy
18-03-2007, 15:52
we Won we Won We won we won. Yippeeeee.

MPENZA THE HERO. 2 games 1 goal lets hope he can keep it up.

No way was that hammers goal a goal.

alkalinetrio
18-03-2007, 17:02
ur last messages have gone from sad to happy haha weyy when do we play you again? we got everton 0-0 half time and we are still above liverpool who are ya who are ya

Katy
19-03-2007, 16:23
Andy Johnsons not you favourite person at the minute. That was really unlucky. I think we play you at your place on the 17th April. Its stupid now as theres an international break. THen Newcastle away for us.

pookie1968uk
20-03-2007, 16:10
man city did really well at the weekend, gives you something to celebrate for a change! cant say the same for liverpool, boring, boring, boring!

Katy
22-03-2007, 17:08
I know, a pity about Micah, i hope they dont force him at the England camp and then he hurts his calf again. Hes so solid for us.

No footy htis weekend. Boring Boring International break.

pookie1968uk
01-04-2007, 14:49
great win for man city katy. i said they would do enough to keep up this year and im sure they still will. i will have to comment on liverpools fantastic win over arsenal too! brilliant goals from crouch. he should be one of the first choice strikers for england then maybe they would see more goals instead of the useless rooney!

Katy
01-04-2007, 17:00
I completly agree with you, Crouch showed he was the best English striker with those goals yet Rooney is still picked ahead of him. YOu certainly got Arsenal back for that cup defeat. Bet Wengers funming he usually is after a defeat.

I cant believe it two wins in a row. The Charlton game will be a big one on Good Friday. That is a must win game.

Man U certainly turned there 1 - 0 down at half time around. My mates a blackburn fan was really not surprised, she knew itwere only a matter of time. Looks a tight finish at the bottom of the table and the top for that matter, nothings certain yet.

pookie1968uk
07-04-2007, 22:05
wow there were a few surprise results today. losses for arsenal and man united. just a bit worried chelsea may over take man united. i dont like man u but like chelsea even less!

Jessie Wallace
07-04-2007, 22:30
i need man u and chelsea to lose every match, and Liverpool to keep winning! No forgetting Arsenal to keep losing too, although we got 5 points on them at the moment.

Katy
09-04-2007, 11:13
What a bad day at the office, i agree JW id much rather see Liverpool win then Chelsea or United, but it would be great if United lost the title as the fans have been so smug up here, its sickening especially with us bein in the other end battle. Rios own goal was brilliant, i cant understand how he managed it. Van der Sar had a nightmare.

City are still in trouble. We have Fulham today which we have to win but cant see it happening, with Villa and West Ham winning plus Charlton geting a point, leaves us sinking lower and lower.

pookie1968uk
10-04-2007, 18:08
What a bad day at the office, i agree JW id much rather see Liverpool win then Chelsea or United, but it would be great if United lost the title as the fans have been so smug up here, its sickening especially with us bein in the other end battle. Rios own goal was brilliant, i cant understand how he managed it. Van der Sar had a nightmare.

City are still in trouble. We have Fulham today which we have to win but cant see it happening, with Villa and West Ham winning plus Charlton geting a point, leaves us sinking lower and lower.

well man city did beat fulham with a fantastic win. liverpool play the 2nd leg of their champions league match tomorrow. we should be ok with a 3 goal advantage but you never know, nothing is ever certain!

Katy
11-04-2007, 12:11
yourll be fine, PSV arent exactly the best at the minute. I keep telling my self they miss Damarcus and Michael Ball ( doubt it but its nice to think that hehe)

What a win for Man U last night 7 - 1 in any match is good. Even if i do hate them.

I couldnt believe the Fulham result. They must be awful. Then its Liverpool at our place next.

Katy
14-04-2007, 19:39
Boring, Boring, Boring, Boring, Boring, Boring, Boring, Boring, Boring, Boring, Boring, Boring, Boring, Boring, Boring, Boring, Boring, Boring, Boring,Boring,Boring, Boring, Boring, Boring, Boring,Boring, Boring, City

And all together now

will we ever, Will we ever, Will we ever see a goooooal.

The worst game ever, Pearce has got to go.

pookie1968uk
15-04-2007, 20:38
takes two to play an interesting game. i would have to say it was a disappointing result for liverpool as we would have been expected to win it. but boring game or not you did get a point which was better than 0!
no surprises in the FAcup final then. i really couldnt care less about it and dont want either of them to win it!!

Katy
16-04-2007, 16:39
same here, surprise surprise who is in the final. The united fans are still whinging about something or other i heard to day.

I know a points a point, but at the end of the day the 40 dd thousand sat in the stadium were bored. There was nothing exciting about it, hardly a shot on goal. When peter reid was our manager they sacked him when we were sixth in the league as the football was so bad. Pearce should have been shown the doos ages ago. Liverpool were bad, but at least they had a few shots on goal.

Katy
17-04-2007, 15:16
The arsenal tonight. at the new stadiums, we never won at highbury for like 75 years so i doubt this new staduim anything will change.

alkalinetrio
20-04-2007, 18:09
lol 3-1 wooo god i aint replied on here in ages! got driving test on monday everyone wish me luck and bring on the yids

Katy
22-04-2007, 13:26
good luck wih the driving test.

cant believe we ony drew with Watford Joey Barton cam eon the radio afterwards slagging off the club and saying how awful it was. It was so true, still dont like him that much though.

2 -2 in the London derby.

pookie1968uk
22-04-2007, 20:21
good result for us this weekend as we are now guarenteed champions league football next season. so now we can concentrate on this years champions league with chelsea on wednesday!!

Katy
23-04-2007, 16:41
I hope you win, then knock United out of the final. I'm really surprised no where has mentioned Bartons rant. I reckon he could be in trouble because of it.

pookie1968uk
24-04-2007, 16:46
I hope you win, then knock United out of the final. I'm really surprised no where has mentioned Bartons rant. I reckon he could be in trouble because of it.

it is one of the sports headlines on the bbc sports page but i think they are reporting more on the possibility of a takeover bid for you.
believe me, i would love love nothing more than to beat man u in the final!!!!

Katy
27-04-2007, 14:47
It will be brilliant. I think your'll be ok though even though they got the 1 0 win at home. I think Anfiled Chelsea will struggle.

Yeah the takeover is for 90 million and is from a former City fullback. Ray Ranson.

pookie1968uk
29-04-2007, 22:58
not a good weekend for us. hope our 2nd leg match with chelsea this week is more successful!
big sam has left bolton too. with rumours that he will join man city in the summer. think this is true?

Abbie
29-04-2007, 23:35
Sunderland have now been promoted to the Premiership :cheer:

Katy
30-04-2007, 14:53
and Birmingham as well. I am glad they have come back up. We usually beat them.

BARTON MISSED A PENALTY ! We lost to VILLA its an EMBARRASMENT.

We need something drastic. Big Sam hopefully should come to City we need him. I have him a feeling he'll go to Newcastle though. They will see it as a too gooder opurtunity to miss.

pookie1968uk
30-04-2007, 20:39
sammy lee to manage bolton. how do you think he will do?

Katy
30-04-2007, 20:53
From Big sam to Little Sam. I think he'll do ok. I mean after all it was him who persueded Anelka appernelty so he knows a good player when he sees one.

pookie1968uk
02-05-2007, 20:27
yeah!!!!!!!!!! liverpool beat chelsea and are in the champions league final!!!
that will wipe the smiles off their faces.
just checked and its looking grim for man united, they are 2:0 down at the mo so it could be a liverpool, AC milan final. they are a very good team though so its a bit worrying.

Katy
03-05-2007, 09:47
A repeat of the 05 champions league final i see. I think Liverpool have a pretty good chance of winning it for the sixth time. United were awful last night.

Joey Barton has played his last game in a city shirt according to the MEN. The fight with Dabo looks to be the final straw.

pookie1968uk
03-05-2007, 15:06
yeah, looks like he's in a load of trouble. the news is saying dabo may sue barton!

Katy
03-05-2007, 15:33
Good on the french lad, he needed to be taken to hospital thanks to the scousers kiss Barton gave him. He should sue him.

Apparently Bartons already left the country. They told him to go home and stay away.

He's a complete idiot. Should have been sacked a long time ago.

Anyway more important things to think about like Derby day.

pookie1968uk
03-05-2007, 22:38
of course its derby day for you isnt it. would be a great thing if you managed to beat man u but they will be more determined after their thrashing by ac milan. heres hoping!!

Katy
04-05-2007, 14:31
yep, 12 45 kick off well gutted i cant go so our kids got my ticket instead. I'd love to beat them buts its highly unlikely.

Here's the result of Bartons handiwork. He knocked him unconsious (spelling)

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/6831/dabokb3.th.png (http://img504.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dabokb3.png)

Katy
05-05-2007, 14:55
It just wasnt to be. I think that 2 penalty misses in 2 games sums up our season. I really hate United. Ronaldo is such a cheat. I hate him. Grr. i am so annoyed. I really hope there wasnt any trouble outside the ground. Of all places to win the title pretty much. There was no need for that much celebrating as it was Citys day really. As it was the last game at COMs. United should have left there celebrating till West Ham.

Heres to a new manager before next season. Liked the scarfs though. Each City fan were given a scarf before the match. It looked mint.

Jojo
05-05-2007, 15:00
If Ronaldo was such a cheat, then shame that Bell or Ball or whatever his name was felt the need to put the boot in his stomach the minute the ref wasn't looking eh?! Would you be saying the same if City's penalty had gone in? or if Man City had won - I think not.

Why is there so much blooming hate in the world of football - blimey. I'm a Man Utd fan, have been since being a toddler, yet all I see or hear is how much hate there is for one club - lets be honest - its a game of jumped up primadonas running around kicking a ball for far more money than any of them really should be getting.

None of anyones games are about how good the football is anymore, its all about how many free kicks or penalities can be won by the opposing side whether it be a deserved free kick/penalty or a faked one, which lets be honest, half of them are - for ALL teams.

Katy
05-05-2007, 15:24
I never disagreed with the fact that there penalty was a penalty it was and Ball did make contact i never said he did or did not i said in general. There was loads of diving and cheating all over the shop today, and all then fergie comes on and says some stupid remark about how City should have played to win. We did play to win, it's just our manager is so tactically naive we did'nt have a hope in hell. It's the whole team Ronaldo Rio Van Der Sar all of the, at the end espaecially, it was our last game of the season for our fans to celebrate, united have loads of time to celebrate.

I probably would have said the same if City won not that it was very likely. I have spent so much money watching them this season and they repay with ten goals at home. A record sunderland set which we have now broken. I think standing by your team like that we deserve a bit of slack. What are we meant to do, be pleased United won the league after a penalty kick made worse by us missing one. I know football a game but city fans our pasionate and i get a bit wound up by the fact we are in such a mess as a football club and im pasionate id like to see decent football once in a while.

The premier league hjas seen some great games this season, Reading, Liverpool, Pompey all play better football than us. There games arent boring.

Jojo
05-05-2007, 15:31
Have I ever said its boring?? No. What I said, was that fans no matter which club they support be it Man Utd, City, Bristol or Exeter or whoever, sitting there saying they hate so and so, or hate so and so - yes have passion for the game, but come on. Hate is a very strong word. Hate is what happens when races that don't agree get together and start fighting. Hate is what causes hooliganism and fighting by fans after matches. You don't get this kind of hatred in rugby whether the game has been a good one or not - you don't get fans having to be seperated in case of fighting. They lay the blame solely where it should be - at their club side, not for someone apparently cheating. You get genuine rugby fans that no matter whether their team is winning or losing, getting on with their opponents fans.

Fine getting passionate about it - its good that you are passionate about it, but I look at this thread and all I see is blooming Man Utd bashing. Not that long ago, Man Utd never had penalties awarded against them etc.

Just play the blooming game and get on with it.

I'm not going to get into some debate about it, but to me, there is far more immaturity in football than there is in rugby. You watch the conference games last night - Exeter v Watford. You could count the number of times a player went down and caused play to be stopped on one hand. How many times can you say that during ANY premiership game. Not that often thats for sure.

Katy
05-05-2007, 15:42
Its not our fault that Man United fans go upsetting people. You get abuse for being a City fan walking down the street minding your own business. I have never ever seen a city fan say anything to anyone. I do hate man united, fine its a strong word but the experiences i have had with there fans make me not like the Football club in the slightlest.

Jojo
05-05-2007, 15:46
Thats their fans and its not all of them! Its a minority. I've never initiated a conversation about Man City towards you, yet you have done so to me (at least thats the way you have worded you post IMO). Not a strong worded one talking about hatred etc. How can you possibly hate someone just because of the club they support :rolleyes: Lifes too bloody short.

All this in stuff like this between fans is part of what is ruining the game and stopping me from ever wanting to take my kids to go and watch a game. I'd far rather take them to rugby and have done.

Its about time the money was taken out of football - lets face it, some of these players are getting paid far more money, than surgeons, doctors and nurses, and other professionals who are far more deserving of their wages than these players.

Katy
05-05-2007, 15:55
Look I just posted my comments on todays game. Don't want to get into an argument and i dont feel like i have initiated a conversation specifically about united towards you, i just stated how i felt about the match.

Just lets leave off and i can go and cry and feel sorry for myself after such a pants season.

Katy
06-05-2007, 17:05
So next season Sees Sunderland in the premier league as CHampionship champions. Birmingham follow.

Looking forward to the playoffs.

alkalinetrio
06-05-2007, 18:12
ive lost £20 i betted arsenal wud win and my m8 had chelsea wud draw and i lost it now lol anyone want to borrow me it?!

glad man utd won it tho cant stand chelsea lol

Katy
07-05-2007, 11:10
i never bet on football. I never win them, i always have stupid fantasies that City will win. Anyhow could be worse, we could be Leeds United. I would lend it you but i'm so skint.

Ball's stamps getting looked at by the FA tomorrow. Pity he didnt do it a bit harder.

Katy
17-05-2007, 10:15
yipee, pearce has gone !! and about time to. Wigleys also been shown the door, useless coach that he is. Anyhow onwards and upwards next years a new season.

Also Sinclair, Beasley, Matthewson, Abdoun, Trabelsi, Jordon and D'Laryea have all been released.

pookie1968uk
18-05-2007, 16:49
the season has only just finished and already there have been a lot of changes in the premiership.
im looking forward to wednesdays champions league final. cant russle up any excitement for final on saturday so i will just bypass that!! lol!

Katy
22-05-2007, 09:34
Didier Drogba what a man

Looking forward to the final tomorrow, come on 'Pool. Ill be cheering them one.

I know what you mean about changes. Warnock out and Sheffield (not strictly premiership i know) Jewell Resigns, Peace Sacked, Sanchez permanent, then theres all the players going in and out.

pookie1968uk
22-05-2007, 11:22
i am so excited about the final tomorrow! surely it has to be more exciting than saturdays match, not that i bothered watching it but i heard it was a bit boring!!!
come on liverpool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Katy
24-05-2007, 10:06
unlucky for Liverpool. I had a feeling they would regret not taking some of the chances they had in the first half. All fairness to Milan they did play really well. I thought it was a good game.

Jessie Wallace
24-05-2007, 18:55
Unlucky, the ref was an idiot. Even ended the game early! so not happy with that one. But then again we always got next year.

pookie1968uk
24-05-2007, 19:18
i was gutted but we played so well in the first half and never scored a goal when we had the chance. i thought we did play well over all but couldnt quite do it.

Katy
26-05-2007, 17:56
i agree the ref was an idiot, there were some awful decisions, Obviously a german Graham Poll. There is always next year. It could be worse you could be a City fan.

Id love Frank to take over, thats what Thakin Shinawaki is being called up here as we cant say his name. Frank as its sounds like sinatra. Once the takeover happens which looks highly probably, we can start buying rather than releasing and get a manager in. Otherwise we cant move forward.

pookie1968uk
07-07-2007, 10:05
any thoughts on any new summer signings? torres to liverpool, will he make the difference? sven to man city,again, will he make the difference?
any other signifigant signings?

Katy
07-07-2007, 12:53
well chuffed about Sven, got to be better than last season. I reckon he will buy a decent forward. I here he was after someone Cruz and a swedish striker plus maybe Crouch, but i doubt he would leave liverpool. Torres is a great signing. Im sick of hearing about Carlos flipping Teves.

Also what about ben to Spurs think they could be pushing for CL next season.

Katy
17-07-2007, 11:56
Bit panicky when we went behind at Donny Rovers, thought Sven what have you don, but turned it around great goals by Big Bernard, Richards and Mpenza.

Finally new faces in the blue camp this season, Bianghi 4th highest scorer in serie A and Gilson Fernandes the swiss under 21 captain. Looking a bright campaign. The aim top 10 which i will be hapy with.

pookie1968uk
11-08-2007, 23:36
the football season has started!!!!!
some good results today, obviously liverpools win was good!!!
you must be pleased at man city's result today, katy. what a good start. you must be pleased to see them at 2nd place even if it is only after 1 game!

Katy
12-08-2007, 13:03
Liverpools win was very good especially as last year it took a long time to get that away win, same for us, but we both managed on day one. Very chuffed with our result.
the new boys looked good and there seemed to be a good spirit about the side, alot of the squad travelled down and i think that has helped the new boys get a long. Really impressed with Elano and Geovanni the brazillinas and of course Binabhi the goal scorer.
It will take time getting used to what they looked like. Me and dad were struggling when watching the highlights.

Siobhan
20-08-2007, 14:30
Katy.. you must have been chuffed yesterday with that win!!!!

pookie1968uk
21-08-2007, 11:21
couldnt believe the manchester score! i was so made up city beat united! what a great start to the season for man city!
and reading beat everton too!! lol.
the only downside was the ref awarding that rediculous penalty to chelsea and robbing liverpool of 3 points, chelsea are always stuffy!

alkalinetrio
23-08-2007, 19:18
this year will be a good season! bring on the man city this weekend i think it is:D

pookie1968uk
28-08-2007, 22:36
great win for liverpool tonight in the champions league qualifier.
i was so proud of the tribute they gave for rhys jones, it was so moving and a fitting tribute too.

Katy
29-08-2007, 12:21
yeah i agree it was really heartfelt as well everyone genuinly meant it i think. When it showed all the players going to the scene and they laid down boots and shirts and it zoomed in on Artetas and he had put a really long message on the back of his shirt.

Our winning streak couldnt last forever, Scmeichal is prooving to be quite a star.

We play Bristol City tonight in the cup. I can see CIty fans come crashing back down to reality when we are knocked out.

pookie1968uk
02-09-2007, 13:38
what can i say about the liverpool performance: 6:0 fantastic! oh i so hope this is going to be our year!

Katy
03-09-2007, 10:25
We had to play the kickers, otherwise known as blackburn, everytime we play them its rubbish as the phone in on radio manc we arent discussing a game but usually a sending off or a foul or as yesterdays game showed to sendings off one for them, then our captain. No idead what happened to Dunne. Schmeichal needs to practice crosses Hughes obviously spotted it was his weakness and thats all they did and punished us in the end.

6 - 0 pretty good score. The best result of the weekend was Villa beating chelsea.

pookie1968uk
03-09-2007, 19:17
i have to say that villa beating chelsea at least equalled liverpools 6:0 win! i was so made up they lost!

Katy
04-09-2007, 09:28
No disrespect to the 6 goals pool scored but the defence of Derby was shocking. The one with Tyrone Mears and Torres i think it was, it was completly laughable. Its always a good boost to the old goal difference. Villa are on a good run but hopefully, we can but a stop to that at Eastlands. I am going down this week to try and get a ticket for that.

Jessie Wallace
04-09-2007, 19:04
:crying: how can you ruining my dream, Liverpool winning 6-0 the other day was great, and some excellent goals too.

Katy
04-09-2007, 20:17
I know it was it wwas brilliant it was like once one went in they kept on coming. Its just you were helped along by Derbys defence. I'll be jumping for joy if we ever score six, although scoring one is proving slightly difficult. I think this could be Liverpools season.

Jessie Wallace
04-09-2007, 21:42
fingers crossed for that, i love them to win this time round

Katy
20-09-2007, 09:56
Well Mourinihos Gone !!!!!!!!! I ownder who'll take over, my moneys on Ramos.

Chloe O'brien
20-09-2007, 20:04
Well Mourinihos Gone !!!!!!!!! I ownder who'll take over, my moneys on Ramos.

Chelsea have made the biggest mistake in letting Mourinihos go. So they have not got off to a great start to the season but they're hardly in the relegation zone. He is a brilliant character and will be missed.

pookie1968uk
20-09-2007, 22:09
i was so surprised he had gone but quite pleased lol! horrible man he was, he had such an arrogance and attitude but i suppose he had done really well with chelsea.

Katy
21-09-2007, 10:16
He has done well, i'll miss him i think, i used to love his little arguments with Fergie and Wenger. not too suire on this replacement though considering he has never managed in Europe although could surprise us all. Good luck to them. They were never a top four team before mourinho and Abramavics millions took over. So in that sense he has done very well.

alkalinetrio
23-09-2007, 22:30
what a great start to the season arsenal are having:D

pookie1968uk
23-09-2007, 22:42
yes, even i have to admit that they are!

pookie1968uk
08-10-2007, 14:37
what a great start to the season for man city! i bet no one thought they would be in the top 4 when the season started. the premier league is much more open at the moment which is making it far more interesting and competitive.

Katy
09-10-2007, 21:34
Chelsea are having a mare as well. The whole change in manager has really shaken things up. City are off to a flyer as our Arsenal. And more inportantly both are playing attractive football. Elano is a smooth player. He really is brazilian magic.

pookie1968uk
16-12-2007, 22:28
havent been on in a while. what does eveyone think of the current premiership situation? well depressed as liverpool got beat by man united, we have 1 great win then a loss, still no consistency. at least chelsea got beat too!! man city are riding high too!!

Katy
17-12-2007, 16:03
Just imagine if City were any good away from home. To be honest it hink its a bit to good for Man C at the minute i am just waiting to come crashing back to reality. I think the Premier league this year is wide open i cant decide between Arsenal or Man United. Like you say theres little consistency between teams.

Cant wait till tomorrow, quarter final of the league cup at hiome to spurs hopeflly revenge for the defeat at wide hart land 2 weeks ago.

pookie1968uk
25-02-2008, 14:07
well ive given up on this season! liverpool will be lucky if they finish fourth and it willbe nothing short of a miracle if we win the champions league! terrible season it is turning out to be!
one boost was that spurs beat chelsea in the carling cup at the weekend!! lol

Katy
26-02-2008, 14:21
City have gone of the bboil as welll, we had a great start and now its a bit more resalistic.

Spurs was a great vidtory. Did you see Eduardos foot :(

pookie1968uk
02-03-2008, 22:52
it looked really bad and horrible to see. i hope he recovers from it, i wouldnt wish it on anybody!

Katy
03-03-2008, 19:16
It was horrible, i hate seeing injuries like that in football, well in any sport really, its dead sad.

pookie1968uk
14-03-2008, 13:54
Arsenal will meet Liverpool in the quarter-finals of the Champions League after they were paired together in Friday's draw in Nyon, Switzerland.
Arsene Wenger's side will play the first leg at home on 1/2 April, with the return leg at Anfield on 8/9 April.

Manchester United, who beat Lyon to reach the last eight, were drawn against Real Madrid's conquerors Roma.

Chelsea, the fourth English club in the draw, face Fenerbahce, with Schalke 04 versus Barcelona the other fixture.

The winners of the Arsenal-Liverpool showdown - the first time those two clubs will have met in European competition - will then take on Chelsea or Fenerbahce in the semi-finals, while Manchester United or Roma face Barcelona or Schalke 04.

The legs for the last-four ties will take place on 22/23 April and 29/30 April.

Katy
17-03-2008, 08:29
Good news for the English Clubs in the Champions League, the UEFA cup didnt have the same luck though.

finally City won at home. I was beginning to get deja vu from last season. Great win and what a bullet Header by Nedum Onouha.

pookie1968uk
11-05-2008, 18:04
well thats the end of the season pretty much for this year. with man u champions i just about favoured them over chelsea as i dont want chelsea to win anything!! so i will have to go for man u for the champions league too!!
liverpool finishing fourth with nothing to show for the season is just not good enough and i think some buying will need to be done this summer providing the new owners can stop arguing for long enough! and what happened to man city today???? what a terrible end to the season!!!!!!!!!!

Katy
11-05-2008, 19:21
I think its Bye Bye Sven. Still need to wait for news on the fair play league although after that shambolic performace we dont really deserve European Football.

All in all i think it was a entertaining season, especially with relegation and Championship going to the final whistle of the final day.

Chloe O'brien
28-06-2008, 02:00
Rumour has it that Frank Lampard has signed for Inter Milan ex Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho's team.

Katy
29-06-2008, 10:26
i heard that and apperently he wants didier drogba to.

Adebeyor is linked with Barca from Arsenal and Man City have just spent 19 mil on Jo, (whoever he may be!)

Not mch action in the transfer yet though, i think after tonights euro final there will be more.

pookie1968uk
29-06-2008, 19:04
ooh lets hope diving drogba leaves the premiership, and ronaldo can go with him lol!! it will be interesting to see how all the summer transfers go.

pookie1968uk
16-08-2008, 17:26
well the new season started today! how are our teams going to do this year do we think?
bit worried about liverpool this year after their performance in the week.....boring! hope they can pick up a bit and too much fighting doesnt go on in the background between new owners and the board etc.