PDA

View Full Version : Tom King's Exit (Merged Threads)

IntoSoap
06-08-2006, 04:59
Emmerdale star Ken Farrington is quitting the soap.

His character, Tom King will either die by crashing through a church window or being shot dead.

Scriptwriters are chosing his grim exit.

Ken, 70 last night said: ''It's time to move on.''

News Of The World

Babe14
06-08-2006, 10:05
If this rumour is true then it is bad news as Tom King is a great character, but I can understand the actor wanting to move on. Can't believe Ken is 70:eek:

x Amby x
06-08-2006, 11:58
This would make a great up coming story!

Bryan
06-08-2006, 12:05
I'd rather see a more satisifying exit then being shot...its being used to much now... JR worked... no others did!

I'd rather see him turn his back on his meddling family, selling home farm to rodney and his buisness to someone else, leaving abroad with all his money, shafting the family, that would be a superb way to go personally.

Babe14
06-08-2006, 12:28
I'd rather see him turn his back on his meddling family, selling home farm to rodney and his buisness to someone else, leaving abroad with all his money, shafting the family, that would be a superb way to go personally.

Tom would never do that to his sons espec Matthew, if anything he would give Matt full control of everything as he is the one whom he is closest too. Tom loves his sons far too much to ever shaft them. Family loyalty is everything to the Kings as the recent House collapse storyline has proved, no matter what the Kings will always stick together. Remember his sons, Matt being the main one, have shafted him in the past over the selling of the Haulage side of the business inorder to get the money for the property development project, still he loves them, still he stands by them, still he forgives them..

Sorry but their family loyalty is whey too strong for betrayal.

I like the idea of the "rumoured" exit for Tom as this will be very emotional, again we would have the Kings standing together and trying to come to terms with their loss.
I'd prefer the falling through a church window without any foul play, it turning out just to be a tragic accident. Maybe turning Tom into some kind of hero..

Richie_lecturer
06-08-2006, 12:53
If this rumour is true then it is bad news as Tom King is a great character, but I can understand the actor wanting to move on. Can't believe Ken is 70:eek:
He's had a busy career. He was in Corrie for over two decades, from the start to 1984. He's also been in Family Affairs. He's going to have to put his feet up!

Babe14
06-08-2006, 13:15
He's had a busy career. He was in Corrie for over two decades, from the start to 1984. He's also been in Family Affairs. He's going to have to put his feet up!

I remember him well as Billy Walker, can't recall him in Family Affairs must of been when I stopped watching:)

He deserves to put his feet up now, if that is what he has in mind, as he has provided us with some brillinat acting over the years.
I will miss him though:(

Footie_Chick
06-08-2006, 13:26
Another King down, only the 3 boys left now well apart from Sadie but she's due to leave soon. Sounds good do you think it will be another Who Done It?

Babe14
06-08-2006, 13:31
Another King down, only the 3 boys left now well apart from Sadie but she's due to leave soon. Sounds good do you think it will be another Who Done It?

I hope not, but the Kings do have a lot of enemies right now. Eli is returning and he is a sworn enemy of the Kings, also there is Jack who has devoted his life to making their lives hell.

However if they did go down this route with Tom, then there would be a good follow up storyline afterwards, the boys seeking revenge for the death/murder of their father..
(I'm hoping that Sadie's exit will be a whodunnit)

Katy
06-08-2006, 14:51
Think anyway of Dying will be a good exit, hes had some good storys on Emmerdale.

Babe14
07-08-2006, 06:59
Maybe it will be Bob who is intent on seeking revenge for his daughter Dawn's death?

I would like a happier ending for Tom one which sees him going off abroad somewhere, a retirement in the sun. It's going to be interesting to see how the boys cope without Tom pulling them into line all the time, I guess Matt will take over this role, but who would keep him in control:lol:

crystalsea
07-08-2006, 13:01
I'd like it to be Jimmy who bumps off his old man, because he has a lot issues with him and he is also a bit of a fool business wise.

Babe14
08-08-2006, 07:31
CONFIMRED KEN IS LEAVING, but he may not be killed off:

Farrington to leave 'Emmerdale'
http://images.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/emmerdale/160x120_emmerdale_kenfarrington_tom01.jpg

Emmerdale actor Ken Farrington is to leave the Yorkshire-based soap, it has been confirmed.

Ken joined the Dales in February 2004 as businessman Tom King. He had previously appeared in Coronation Street as Annie Walker's (Doris Speed) wayward son Billy.

Of his decision to quit, he said: “I originally came to Emmerdale for just six months and I have ended up staying for three years. Even during my 25 years at Coronation Street, two years at a time was my longest stint. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Emmerdale but feel it is time to move on."

Series producer Kathleen Beedles added: “Ken has been an asset to the show and will be greatly missed but his exit storyline is going to be extremely dramatic and memorable for viewers, which we’re very excited about.”

It has been rumoured that the character would either be shot or catapulted through a church window. A source, however, told DS: "Ken's exit is definitley going to be one to remember but he'll be leaving under different circumstances."

His on-screen departure date has yet to be confirmed.
(http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds35659.html)

Lookslike he's not going to be shot or catapulted through a church window:cheer:

Chris_2k11
08-08-2006, 08:00
I've never been a big fan of any of the King family but have always liked Tom so this is a shame.

ericca
08-08-2006, 17:28
I've never been a big fan of any of the King family but have always liked Tom so this is a shame. Same here,got quite over used i felt.Tom was o.k though.

DaVeyWaVey
10-08-2006, 18:14
I have never liked Tom's character...i don't think he should be killed off though, i think they should leave the door open for him to return in the future. :)

eastenders mad
16-08-2006, 18:38
i hope it is true.
i can't stand the king family they are sooooooooooooooooo boring

alan45
16-08-2006, 21:06
i hope it is true.
i can't stand the king family they are sooooooooooooooooo boring Sorry but this family are behind most of the major ongoing storylines in Emmerdale they are far from boring:confused:

EE Rocks
17-08-2006, 00:08
I hope ALL the Kings go, I really can't stand them, worst family in Emmie.

alan45
17-08-2006, 03:03
I hope ALL the Kings go, I really can't stand them, worst family in Emmie. Well you would say that. Fortunately that isnt going to happen, Love them or loathe them the Kings are an integral part of Britains best soap and will continue to feature in most of the upcoming storylines:p

Babe14
17-08-2006, 09:21
i hope it is true.
i can't stand the king family they are sooooooooooooooooo boring

Not possible with all their "going ons", affairs, shafting, emotion, comedy, drama, plotting/planning, "Business Activites" etc etc. to a name but a few.

Along with the Sugdens and Dingles they are a major part of the back bone of Emmerdale espec with regards to excellent drama.

Babe14
17-08-2006, 09:24
I hope ALL the Kings go, I really can't stand them, worst family in Emmie.

They are a major part of Emmerdale's drama and hopefully will be around for a long time to come, minus of course the lovely Tom who unfortunately won't be due to the actor's decision to leave. Still this provides further storylines for the wonderful Kings. If anyone needs booting out it is Scott Windsor!

alan45
17-08-2006, 12:52
If anyone needs booting out it is Scott Windsor! Too true. He is a rubbish character who has outlived his usefulness. I actually thought he was rumoured to be leaving.

Babe14
17-08-2006, 13:07
Too true. He is a rubbish character who has outlived his usefulness. I actually thought he was rumoured to be leaving.

Not to mention the fact that he has appeared to have lost the ability to speak over the years. I have heard rumours in the past that he was suppose to be leaving but he keeps appearing, haven't heard any recent ones, but lets hope (fingers crossed, kneeling down praying..getting the voodoo doll out...)

Here's a laugh he is up against Jeff Hordley for Emmerdale's bad boy in the inside soap awards!!!:rotfl: :rotfl:

P.S Alan love the new Banner..

alan45
17-08-2006, 16:32
Here's a laugh he is up against Jeff Hordley for Emmerdale's bad boy in the inside soap awards!!!:rotfl: :rotfl:

P.S Alan love the new Banner..

You must be joking. I would love to see Cain punching Scott's lights in.

Re the baanner I cant take the credit. I got it from Richie but it sums things up.

Babe14
18-08-2006, 07:50
You must be joking. I would love to see Cain punching Scott's lights in.
If you go onto the ITV site for Emmerdale there is a link there for the awards and they are definitely becoming a joke now as they are aimed towards younger people. The biggest joke of all is that Sadie is up for sexiest female.:rotfl: :rotfl:
That would be excellent viewing Alan if Cain was to punch Scott's lights in and out before he left! Or maybe Tom could do us that honour before he leaves???

Re the baanner I cant take the credit. I got it from Richie but it sums things up.

It certainly does.:)

EE Rocks
29-08-2006, 00:45
Well you would say that. Fortunately that isnt going to happen, Love them or loathe them the Kings are an integral part of Britains best soap and will continue to feature in most of the upcoming storylines:p

Well they are just really dull, and why do all their storylines revolve around business and money?? I say get rid of all of them Emmerdale.

Babe14
29-08-2006, 07:50
Well they are just really dull, and why do all their storylines revolve around business and money?? I say get rid of all of them Emmerdale.

Because they are business people and have money. Like it has been said above Love them/Hate them they will be around for hopefully a very long time and will continue to play a major part in the big storylines.

Richie_lecturer
29-08-2006, 11:51
Because they are business people and have money.
Beat me to it. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

EE Rocks
29-08-2006, 12:08
yeah, but do we always have to know?? I would just like a different storyline with them, if they are to stay:mad: .:eek: :sick:

Babe14
29-08-2006, 12:43
Beat me to it. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I enjoy the storylines of the Business Man and The Farmer, it is done well:)

Babe14
29-08-2006, 12:50
Wonder what Tom's exit storyline will be?

Mr Humphries
16-10-2006, 10:55
Emmerdale star Ken Farrington is quitting the soap.

His character, Tom King will either die by crashing through a church window or being shot dead.

Scriptwriters are chosing his grim exit.

Ken, 70 last night said: ''It's time to move on.''

News Of The World

Is this still true or not because surely we cant have another King drama so soon after the Sadie & Cain thing ?

Richie_lecturer
16-10-2006, 18:49
Yes it is. Tom King has weeks to live.

Jessica Watson
23-10-2006, 14:16
Tom gets killed on Christmas Day. From reading the way it happens on DS it sound like when Crossroads came back and Jill was killed!!!!!!!!

Emmerdale really has lost its way. I can't see it recovering.

buntyboo
23-10-2006, 14:34
From Digital Spy

The Dales will be rocked by murder this Christmas when a Cluedo-style whodunnit sparks the biggest police investigation in Emmerdale history.

Millionaire businessman Tom King (Ken Farrington) is sensationally bumped off during his Christmas Day wedding to Rosemary Sinclair (Linda Thorson). During the lavish reception, the entrepeneur is hit over the head with a blunt object and plunges to his death through a window.

The ensuing weeks will be full of twists and turns as some of the show’s most popular characters are placed at the centre of the enquiry, facing fierce interrogation in the hunt for the killer - the police are determined to leave no stone unturned.

In a world first, the whole storyline is to be fully interactive allowing viewers the opportunity of becoming super sleuths to help solve the crime via a dedicated ITV online portal. To be launched next month, it will consist of blogs, clues, secret e-mails and voicemails.

The viewer will be taken inside the show and have direct online interaction with the storyline. The cast will be seen trying to piece together the murder and their findings will, in turn, be immediately available for viewers to tap into online.

To add to the mystery, and for the first time ever, Emmerdale will film 10 secret scenes, each showing a different suspect committing the murder and therefore enabling 10 different possible outcomes. As a result, even the cast and crew won’t know who the killer is.

Series producer Kathleen Beedles said: "We are very excited about this storyline and thrilled to be able to involve our viewers in this unique way, giving them the opportunity to try and work out for themselves who is responsible for Tom’s dramatic death.”

An insider added: "The investigation looks set to go on for months rather than weeks and will be resolved in the spring."

Actor Nick Miles - who plays Jimmy King in the soap - told DS: "We're calling it the Cluedo episode in the greenroom because nobody's seen inside the black envelope. We just don't know what's going to happen!"

Mr Humphries
23-10-2006, 16:48
So people really do talk completely pants!

Emmerdale is completely great at the moment, and the Kings have not really fitted in apart from Carl who is just :p :p :p so why not get rid of them in style !

I know she is banned, but I don't get the whole Crossroads and Jill bit ? :lweek:

Jojo
23-10-2006, 17:02
I think Jill came back from the assumed dead when Crossroads was revived Mr H.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong though. :)

Mr Humphries
23-10-2006, 17:06
I think Jill came back from the assumed dead when Crossroads was revived Mr H.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong though. :)

But Jill was never dead though ! How strange !

alan45
23-10-2006, 17:35
According to another board Tom King dies following his wedding to Rosemary Sinclair. It will be in the form of an interactive whodunnit episode with at least ten suspects and therefore ten possible endings

Chris_2k11
23-10-2006, 17:54
But Jill was never dead though ! How strange !Wasn't she drowned in a pond? :searchme: Oh I don't know. lol

Chris_2k11
23-10-2006, 17:55
According to another board Tom King dies following his wedding to Rosemary Sinclair. It will be in the form of an interactive whodunnit episode with at least ten suspects and therefore ten possible endingsten! :eek: :eek:

Richie_lecturer
23-10-2006, 18:07
But Jill was never dead though ! How strange !
Yes I watched the original Crossroads and don't remember Jill dying. I didn't watch the 2001 revival but I know they killed her off almost immediately after the show returned.

I have absolutely no idea what that has to do with this storyline. :confused:

So Tom the Flump meets a sticky end.

alan45
23-10-2006, 18:57
ten! :eek: :eek: Yep seems so. Heres the link http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds38522.html

Pinkbanana
23-10-2006, 19:06
Yep seems so. Heres the link http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds38522.html

Ah.......sooo Tom is the short, older King. The one who looks like he is standing in a hole even though he is wearing his cuban heels. lol FOr some reason I thought you lot were talking about the one with the ample nose! (forgive my ignorance, Im a Eastenders only kinda of girl as a rule:) ).

Oh I may have to start watching Emmerdale - I love a good who's done it! lol

alan45
23-10-2006, 19:12
Oh I may have to start watching Emmerdale - I love a good who's done it! lol

Give it a whirl PB you never know you may even like it and become hooked:)

Richie_lecturer
23-10-2006, 21:36
Yes there are quite a few on this board alone who have made the switch from EE to Emmerdale. I thought it was a flash in the pan, but it seems everyone is being converted. :eek:

Pinkbanana
23-10-2006, 21:58
Yes there are quite a few on this board alone who have made the switch from EE to Emmerdale. I thought it was a flash in the pan, but it seems everyone is being converted. :eek:

Hey, Im dipping my toe in the water here, Im not changing allegiances! I'll never give up on my Enders! :)

alan45
23-10-2006, 22:02
Hey, Im dipping my toe in the water here, Im not changing allegiances! I'll never give up on my Enders! :) Hey never say never. Some ofb EEs biggest critics on here were once its greatest fans.

Babe14
24-10-2006, 08:56
Jill was knocked off by Adam Chance her husband,he killed her.

Anyway I'm looking forward to this storyline and the aftermath espec as it involves my favourite Dales family:wub: :love: However I will be sad to see the lovely and wonderful Ken Farrington (Tom King) leave, at the end of the day I suppose death is the only exit for him as he would never turn his back on his family:)

JORDON
25-10-2006, 15:00
this story about not knowing who killed tom king, reminds me of the who shot phil in eastenders! there jus copying- bcoz they filmed 5 possible suspects and the cast didnt know who did- history is repeating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bryan
25-10-2006, 15:16
this story about not knowing who killed tom king, reminds me of the who shot phil in eastenders! there jus copying- bcoz they filmed 5 possible suspects and the cast didnt know who did- history is repeating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and who shot phil was totally original? no - it was a copy of Who Shot JR in Dallas. Soaps are all about copyign storylines, but in every case it is made to be different, as with Emmerdale it is clearly going to be a lot different to the Who Shot Phil storyline.

Richie_lecturer
25-10-2006, 19:19
In this case, the character will die, unlike Phil who lived to eat beetroot for another day.

Mr Humphries
25-10-2006, 19:36
In this case, the character will die, unlike Phil who lived to eat beetroot for another day.

Beetroot ! Oh how funny :rotfl: :rotfl: Whose who dunnit things are so done to death ! :rotfl:

tammyy2j
27-10-2006, 12:12
From Digital Spy

The Dales will be rocked by murder this Christmas when a Cluedo-style whodunnit sparks the biggest police investigation in Emmerdale history.

Millionaire businessman Tom King (Ken Farrington) is sensationally bumped off during his Christmas Day wedding to Rosemary Sinclair (Linda Thorson). During the lavish reception, the entrepeneur is hit over the head with a blunt object and plunges to his death through a window.

The ensuing weeks will be full of twists and turns as some of the show’s most popular characters are placed at the centre of the enquiry, facing fierce interrogation in the hunt for the killer - the police are determined to leave no stone unturned.

In a world first, the whole storyline is to be fully interactive allowing viewers the opportunity of becoming super sleuths to help solve the crime via a dedicated ITV online portal. To be launched next month, it will consist of blogs, clues, secret e-mails and voicemails.

The viewer will be taken inside the show and have direct online interaction with the storyline. The cast will be seen trying to piece together the murder and their findings will, in turn, be immediately available for viewers to tap into online.

To add to the mystery, and for the first time ever, Emmerdale will film 10 secret scenes, each showing a different suspect committing the murder and therefore enabling 10 different possible outcomes. As a result, even the cast and crew won’t know who the killer is.

Series producer Kathleen Beedles said: "We are very excited about this storyline and thrilled to be able to involve our viewers in this unique way, giving them the opportunity to try and work out for themselves who is responsible for Tom’s dramatic death.”

An insider added: "The investigation looks set to go on for months rather than weeks and will be resolved in the spring."

Actor Nick Miles - who plays Jimmy King in the soap - told DS: "We're calling it the Cluedo episode in the greenroom because nobody's seen inside the black envelope. We just don't know what's going to happen!"

I can't believe Tom marries Rosemary.

So who could the 10 suspects be?

Rosemary, Jimmy, Carl, Matthew, Chas, Grayson, Perdy, Jack, Bob, Jean

Maybe Sadie or Cain even though they have left

JJtheJetPlane
06-11-2006, 19:20
maybe edna will be a suspect because she has feelings for tom and she'll be upset that tom is marrying rosemary.lol :rotfl: lol!!!!!Could you imagine that!
lol :rotfl: lol :rotfl: lol :rotfl: lol :rotfl: lol :rotfl: lol :rotfl: lol :rotfl:

bakedbean
27-11-2006, 20:56
Emmerdale have just set up a site for Tom Kings murder http://www.itv.com/emmerdale/site/

Richie_lecturer
27-11-2006, 22:12
That's not very professional, sticking the ITV logo on a Police inquiry poster. :nono:

Chris_2k11
27-11-2006, 22:21
lmao this is all getting took a bit too seriously isn't it?!

Richie_lecturer
27-11-2006, 22:28
They'll be snippets of the main suspects' statements in Private Eye next...

bridgekelly2004
28-11-2006, 12:22
Cornetgal, Just to let you know. the lyrics on your banner are wrong.

It should be shoulder, to shoulder, we'll answer ireland's call.