PDA

View Full Version : Martina Laird quits 'Casualty'

Emmak2005
26-07-2006, 14:01
Casualty actress Martina Laird is to leave the BBC medical drama later this year when the new series begins.

Martina, who has played paramedic Comfort Jones since September 2001, filmed her final scenes earlier this week.

Of her decision to quit, the actress said: "It was a tough decision but we're always happy to take up new challenges. I'm very lucky to have had the opportunity to work with such wonderful people and play such a great character for five years."

An insider said: "The door has been left open for the character's potential return. Before she goes, however, let's just say that Comfort finds comfort at last - and it's no coincidence that actor Gerald Kyd is returning to reprise his role as Sean Maddox."

Martina's final scenes are due to air in October.

http://images.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/casualty/160x120_casualty_s20_martinalaird_comfort.jpg

$sTaCeY$
26-07-2006, 14:26
why do all the good ones always leave? does anyone know how her exit scene will be? I hope she has a good exit scene

Emmak2005
26-07-2006, 21:31
why do all the good ones always leave? does anyone know how her exit scene will be? I hope she has a good exit scene

Hi Stacey. Thanks for replying. Anyway I presume it'll have something to do with the return of Dr Sean Maddox (Nurse Tina Seabrook's partner all those years ago).

Footie_Chick
29-07-2006, 14:57
That means we will need new paramedics, with her going and I think Nina is aswell (don't quote me on that).

Tannie
29-07-2006, 22:10
Aw that's a shame because i really like her at the moment she's a brillaint actresse and i'm sure she will be sorely missed i think.

CrazyLea
29-07-2006, 22:27
Awww I love Comfort :(
and footie_chick nina is leaving yes :(

Cornishbabe
30-07-2006, 15:34
ohhh sean is returning. thats good :) bad about comfort going though

Emmak2005
30-07-2006, 19:24
ohhh sean is returning. thats good :) bad about comfort going though

Talking of Sean. Did you see the other real life Sean as in Sean Wilson in Casualty last night. He played Martin Platt in Corrie. Funny that he'd also had a cameo appearance in Silent Witness earlier this week too.

DaVeyWaVey
05-08-2006, 19:56
I am gutted that Comfort is leaving, i love her character and she is a great actress and she shown that throughout the Fin's murder storyline, she was brilliant in that storyline. After 5 years though, i don't blame the actress for wanting to leave, her character has done so much in 5 years so it's a logical decision for her wanting to move on.

Let's hope she gets the exit she deserves, she's been in the show for 5 years so she deserves a decent send-off!

Abi
05-08-2006, 21:23
Shes had some fab stories over the years, but in recent months she hasn't really had that many stories. Hopefully she'll get a great send off, which she deserves, and moves on to even better projects in the future.