PDA

View Full Version : Claire Forlani (British Actress) to join cast of New York

Jojo
22-07-2006, 08:26
In a recent interview with iF Magazine, Gary Sinise (Mac Taylor) revealed actress Claire Forlani will join the cast of CSI: New York during season 3.

The British actress will portray new detective Jennifer Angell, who will be working alongside Danny Messer and Sheldon Hawkes in the season three premiere episode "People With Money." According to Sinise, however, Forlani might not join the cast permanently.

"She’s doing our show, and I’m not sure for how many episodes, but she has a 'thing' that will take two or three episodes at least, " the actor said.

Detective Angell is described as young and bright, and during the first episode of the season it will be revealed she's recently finished her training as a detective. Forlani is best known for her role in the hit movie Meet Joe Black. She's also appeared in other movies such as Boys and Girls, and is currently working on various projects. She can next been seen in the TNT mini-series Nightmares and Dreamscapes alongside Miami alumni Kim Delaney (Megan Donner).

In addition, Sinise also said things are looking good for CSI: New York during the new season. "It's a good solid gig, and the show is doing well. Last year the ratings were good, and this year we’re back for another season, so everyone is optimistic. We've got some good things coming up."

from csifiles

Xx-Vicky-xX
22-07-2006, 13:00
In a recent interview with iF Magazine, Gary Sinise (Mac Taylor) revealed actress Claire Forlani will join the cast of CSI: New York during season 3.

The British actress will portray new detective Jennifer Angell, who will be working alongside Danny Messer and Sheldon Hawkes in the season three premiere episode "People With Money." According to Sinise, however, Forlani might not join the cast permanently.

"She’s doing our show, and I’m not sure for how many episodes, but she has a 'thing' that will take two or three episodes at least, " the actor said.

Detective Angell is described as young and bright, and during the first episode of the season it will be revealed she's recently finished her training as a detective. Forlani is best known for her role in the hit movie Meet Joe Black. She's also appeared in other movies such as Boys and Girls, and is currently working on various projects. She can next been seen in the TNT mini-series Nightmares and Dreamscapes alongside Miami alumni Kim Delaney (Megan Donner).

In addition, Sinise also said things are looking good for CSI: New York during the new season. "It's a good solid gig, and the show is doing well. Last year the ratings were good, and this year we’re back for another season, so everyone is optimistic. We've got some good things coming up."

from csifiles

Shame i dont watch it, i love her she is a fab actress, she is one in one of my most favourite films ever, i may have to tune in to this at least once to see what shes like in it.

Jojo
22-07-2006, 19:40
You should give New York a go - its brilliant (although that does depend on whether you like that kind of show or not of course)

Xx-Vicky-xX
22-07-2006, 21:22
You should give New York a go - its brilliant (although that does depend on whether you like that kind of show or not of course)

Trouble is i dont watch much TV so i tend to forget to watch anything accept Eastenders but i will try to remember if i can.

Jojo
25-08-2006, 15:05
Actress Claire Forlani is joining CSI:NY in a recurring role as "beautiful and sharp" new medical examiner, Dr. Peyton Driscoll. The character will also be a love interest for Detective Mac Taylor (Gary Sinise).

Forlani’s movie credits include "Meet Joe Black," "Boys and Girls" and "Northfolk." CSI:NY marks the England-born actress’ first extended work on an American TV series. Her previous TV credits include TNT’s "Nightmares and Dreamscapes" and the FX movie "The Pentagon Papers." She also starred in a CBS pilot last year that didn’t get picked up.

Forlani’s character comes into the show with a significant back story. Dr. Driscoll previously worked with Dr. Sheldon Hawkes (Hill Harper) as a medical examiner before leaving to teach at a university. While working with Dr. Hawkes, she also worked with Detective Taylor. Although there was chemistry between Dr. Driscoll and Dectective Taylor, they didn’t pursue a romantic relationship until after she left the crime lab. Dr. Driscoll now returns to the crime lab and faces the complications of maintaining professional and personal relationships.

Forlani's character will debut during CSI:NY's third-season premiere Wednesday, September 20. (US)