PDA

View Full Version : Spoilers 2nd & 3rd August

alan45
20-07-2006, 11:32
With pressure from Inspector Gina Gold (ROBERTA TAYLOR), Superintendent John Heaton (DANIEL FLYNN) gets the team together to congratulate trainee probationers, Emma Keane (MELANIE GUTTERIDGE) and Lewis Hardy (AML AMEEN) on completing their probation period. Still trying to work John out, Gina asks him if he’ll be coming for drinks at the end of the shift but he graciously declines.

DI Neil Manson (ANDREW LANCEL) updates DCI Jack Meadows (SIMON ROUSE) on the bungled drugs sting involving Paul Haskew (GARY WEBSTER). Undercover as a corrupt copper, DC Zain Nadir (TJ RAMINI) visits Kristen Shaw (CHRISTINE STEPHEN-DALY) where she introduces him to Haskew who turns out to be her business partner. Haskew tells Kristen that bent or not, coppers can’t be trusted and Zain is gutted when Kristen tells him that their deal is off. Jack, Zain and DS Phil Hunter (SCOTT MASLEN) fill the superintendent in on Zain’s undercover operation and, although angry that he wasn’t kept in the loop, John is adamant that Zain try and get back in with Kristen. Determined to bring Kristen, Haskew and those higher up on the food chain down, they all agree to keep Zain’s mission between the four of them.

With the investigative help of DC Mickey Webb (CHRIS SIMMONS), Phil, Zain and Jack are over the moon when they arrest a drug dealer who is working for Haskew and Kristen and while the dealer is getting a good grilling for possession of ten grand’s worth of cocaine, Zain receives an expected phone call. Haskew and Kristen ask to meet him. Haskew eventually admits that maybe they do need a corrupt copper on their side after all. Zain is ice cool and whilst having a celebratory drink with Kristen, uses smooth seduction to prove he’s not only in it for the money…

Meanwhile, DS Sam Nixon (LISA MAXWELL) and DS Stuart Turner (DOUG RAO) investigate an arson attack in a garage which has charred devastated artist, Neve Payne’s (SASHA PICK) paintings which were due to be exhibited. Sam suggests to Stuart that Neve may have started fire deliberately but when he says there could have been a revenge motive, they start to scan CCTV footage for evidence. On discovering a man from Neve’s art class hurrying away from the scene, the CID officers are stunned to discover that are now investigating more than a case of arson.

Lewis is secretly pleased to see Holly Perkins (FLORENCE BELL) visit the station looking for her father, DC Terry Perkins (BRUCE BYRON) and when Holly asks him out for a drink, Lewis says yes. But will Terry approve of their blossoming relationship?

From one relationship to another and at the end of a long and tiresome day, Sam is knocked for six when Stuart announces he’d like to move in with her. Sam is stunned and after admitting she has happily lived alone for a very long time, Stuart cheekily tells her she has twenty four hours to give him an answer…

DS Sam Nixon (LISA MAXWELL) and DS Phil Hunter (SCOTT MASLEN) investigate a burglarly at Lexicor Communications where electrical equipment has been stolen. They watch CCTV footage and are intrigued to see that during the time of the robbery a young couple have an argument and ride off on a scooter. Phil is anxious when he receives a call from Kate about Alfie who is struggling to breathe, so Sam insists he go to Wales to see his son while she covers for him. Sam persuades DS Stuart Turner (DOUG RAO) to cover for Phil and work alongside her on the case, and a strange lead comes to light when they discover a phone call was made from Lexicor during the time of the burglary to a sex line. They investigate further and manage to solve the case but Stuart angrily comments on the fact that Phil is going to get the credit for the arrest. However, he and Sam are surprised when Phil comes clean to DI Neil Manson (ANDREW LANCEL) on his return. Sam eventually agrees to let Stuart move in with her, leaving her friend, Phil, heartbroken. Has Sam chosen the right man?

Meanwhile, Trainee DC Kezia Walker (CAT SIMMONS) and CPS Solicitor Matt Hinkley (MARK DEXTER) prepare for accused rapist Keith Durante’s (WAYNE FOSKETT) hearing. At the court, Kezia is alarmed when Matt tells her that Durante’s defence claim cross-contamination is possible as PC Tony Stamp (GRAHAM COLE) was wearing the same shirt when he went to work at the cab office for his night-shift with Durante after dealing with the rape victim. The case against Durante is withdrawn leaving a furious Kezia having to call the victims with the bad news. Later, during a drink at the pub, Smithy pulls rank on Kezia when she storms off to bang on Durante’s door. Smithy and Kezia discuss Durante’s alibi and decide they need to get his wife to admit she was lying.

Also, Sergeant June Ackland (TRUDIE GOODWIN) and Tony deal with Martin Thorpe (TIM HUDSON) who has reported his mother missing from her care home along with sixty-seven grand. Worried for Audrey’s safety, the officers learn that Derek Pearce (NICK RAGGETT), the caretaker, had taken Audrey (SHEILA REID) to the bank and helped her transfer her life savings into his account. June and Tony also discover that Derek has also gone missing after a neighbour admits helping him lift a heavy trunk into the back of a taxi earlier that day. Things take a surprising twist when June and Tony are stunned to find themselves walking into Audrey’s and Derek’s wedding reception but why is her son, Martin, so unhappy?

After dealing with Audrey, Norman Stamp (JOHN WOODVINE) is delighted when Tony decides it’s time to give up the cabbying and ask his dad to leave the care home and move in with him.

Babe14
27-07-2006, 09:03
Nice mix of characters and looks like another good storyline(s). Poor Phil notonly is his son ill but he's about to lose the love of his life to that slime ball.;(

I hope Tony realises how hard it will be to look after his dad, for starters he will need someone to look after him whilst he is working, then after a 12 hour shift Tony will have to continue the care, leaving him with virtually no time for himself and with very little time to sleep. If Tony gets someone to look after his dad whilst he is working it would have to be someone who is completely trustworthy.
Glad to see Jack in the thick of things again.

Also nice to see tht Gary Webster is appearing in the episode.

Jojo
27-07-2006, 09:49
I really should get watching the Bill again - these upcoming storylines are looking great.

Nice mix of characters and looks like another good storyline(s). Poor Phil notonly is his son ill but he's about to lose the love of his life to that slime ball.:(Phil has a son! :eek: When did I miss that?!

Babe14
27-07-2006, 12:42
I really should get watching the Bill again - these upcoming storylines are looking great.

Phil has a son! :eek: When did I miss that?!

Sometime ago Phil attended a sex therapy class where he met Kate and they ended up in bed together. Later on Kate and Steve also had a fling (I think) Steve somehow got mixed up in it all. The end result was that Kate discovered she was pregnant Steve was supportive towards her and Phil wasn't until the baby was born. Kate took the baby and moved away leaving Phil devastated about losing yet another child. In between time Steve/Phil came to blows over her.

Johnny Allen
28-07-2006, 12:28
Also nice to see tht Gary Webster is appearing in the episode.

yeah I liked his character, hope hes in it for a while.

Babe14
31-07-2006, 07:43
yeah I liked his character, hope hes in it for a while.

I agree Gary Webster's character is a good one and he carries the part of a drug dealer off well. Do you think him and Kristen are romantically involved together and are cooking up a big scam together and Zain is just being used?

Johnny Allen
31-07-2006, 12:52
I agree Gary Webster's character is a good one and he carries the part of a drug dealer off well. Do you think him and Kristen are romantically involved together and are cooking up a big scam together and Zain is just being used?

I think they might well be, I have no doubt Zain is being used and led astray by Kristen hes just to damn big headed to see it.

Babe14
01-08-2006, 09:28
I think they might well be, I have no doubt Zain is being used and led astray by Kristen hes just to damn big headed to see it.

Trouble with Zain is that when he gets his teeth into something he won't let go until he has the result he wants. Unfortunately I feel that here he may well end up learning a very valuable lesson. Zain can be very wreckless at times and doesn't always think ahead to the consequences. Phil Hunter has been where Zain is now and has learnt the hard way he knows where Zain is heading and is trying to stop him making similar mistakes to what he has in the past and of course throwing his career away.