PDA

View Full Version : Silent Witness

Jojo
18-07-2006, 10:26
I really enjoyed this latest offering - it hasn't gone sour since Sam Ryans departure as yet.

I did find it surprising that the little girl was still alive though, after how many days of no food or water.

Have they moved out of the university building now then as it all looks extremely new, clean and modern?!

Jessie Wallace
18-07-2006, 10:47
I missed the end, so thanks for telling me the girl was ok :-)
I flicked over to 4, and missed the end, so annoying.
Loving the show so, Amanda leaving haas made no difference to me either, it's just such a good show.

Jojo
18-07-2006, 10:55
I sort of knew that Nikki was going to find her alive, because she never gave up on her. And Harry is strangely attractive (I know - wierd taste, but hes kind of cute :D )

I think it started to centre around Sam too much come the end, and now its moving on again in the direction we love :D

JustJodi
18-07-2006, 12:25
I reallly realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly love this program,, hubby kept saying,, Jo get off line YOUR SHOW IS ON,, I love this program it is UK's version of CSI,,
I also find Harry sorta attractive too Em..
I was sooooooo happy that Niki found that little girl Ying.. what was the cops name Ashab or something,,,,, I have a feeeeeeeeeeeelinggggggggggg him and Niki are gonna hook up whatcha guys think,,
Ohhhhhh Niki's ex Tim wasn't a bad looker either LOL

JustJodi
18-07-2006, 12:31
I really really enjoy this program, I was a bit wary after Sam left that the program might have suffered, if any thing I think the program has gotten better..
Em I have also thought Harry was quite attractive too :o
All of the actors are terrific,,
I wonder,,,,,, does any one think that the cop Ashab and Niki may end up getting together ??? There was just something there,, :searchme:

Jojo
18-07-2006, 14:28
Theres a little bit of chemistry between them thats for sure - but then I always thought there was a little bit between Nikki and Harry too (glad its not just me who thinks hes cute Jodi :D )

I love the way they've come away from focussing on one character - Leo took over from Sam, but not in the limelight sense which is great.

squillyfer
18-07-2006, 16:13
I was a bit wary too when Amanda left too, I didnt see how the show could carry on as it was soooo focused on her character but its still great and I look forward to next week

Jojo
23-07-2006, 22:19
OMG!! I have just finished watching tonights episode (Sky + delayed :D ) and the end!!! Just goes to show - don't text/use your mobile when attempting to cross the road. Excellent stuff again - I assume we are finding out the concusion to the hit and run tomorrow??

JustJodi
23-07-2006, 22:43
Whoaaaaaaa what a terrific episode,, hmmmmmm did they ever find his mobile ??????
Sad about the Mom who set fire to the house etc... I did not like that detective one bit,, he was a bit OTT.
Wonder if the Cop that Harry was trying to connect with was hit by a bus right in front of him ?????????
The program is EXCELLENT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheer: :cheer:

Jojo
23-07-2006, 22:49
I'm sure she was Jodi, you could hear the impact and the bus stopping, so I assume she was, but then the sound effects could have been a red herring. Maybe they are trying to trick us into thinking she was hit, but she wasn't or something :searchme: Great cliffhanging ending though!! :cheer:

I was sure that the "friend" had done it for a minute there though - she was acting so suspiciously, and I thought maybe they were having an affair or something, but it just turned out that she knew that something was planned, just not what etc. You're right though - that detective was so over the top. Loved it when Leo told him to step back though during the PM - put him in his place a bit there :cheer:

I love this program!! :D

Jessie Wallace
23-07-2006, 22:58
Excellent episode, can't wait til tomorrow's. I'm definatley getting old,. i'm finding Harry attractive! (HELP!!)
Excellent to see Gillian Wright. She's been in a few things latley, this is the first one where's she's been playing someone vaiguley normal.

Jojo
23-07-2006, 23:06
You don't need help for finding Harry attractive hun - he's only 35 - younger than my hubby. And hes got a bit of welsh in him too - just my kind of guy :D :rotfl:

Jessie Wallace
23-07-2006, 23:12
lol- calm yourself woman. Honestly we can't take you no-where!

Jojo
23-07-2006, 23:17
A girls got to keep her options open!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Do you think the Sgt was hit by the bus Dawn??

Katy
24-07-2006, 10:57
I think she might have been, it certainly sounded that way. Did you see the look on the guys face when he found out his dead fiance was 44!!!!!!!. I thought the woman and the fire was an insurance job actually. Think ive been watching too many dramas.

Jojo
24-07-2006, 22:30
Brilliant again tonight - when the footie player killed himself, it suddenly dawned on me that he was the hit and run driver.

Not sure about the end tonight though - was a bit drawn out in the end with all of the different people who had died or were attending the funerals of their lost loved ones. Great to be shown, but thought that part was a bit long.

Roll on next week!

Jessie Wallace
24-07-2006, 22:51
Good episode again, not great, and i got slightly bored during part's of tonights. I'll be away for next weeks so i'll expect to read all about it on here!!

Jojo
24-07-2006, 23:00
I've read what its about next week - looks like a very good one next week. It was just the end bit I didn't like about tonights, although I did think the footballers wife would have known about the hit and run - either her or the manager - one of them had to know about it

Katy
25-07-2006, 10:54
I thought it was really good to finally find out who killed the lad. Shocked to here the Police officer had died when she was hit by that bus. Agree with you the end was a bit drawn out but it was really well filmed and i loved the music idea in the background.

Jojo
01-08-2006, 14:07
Yet another great two parter!

We saw Harry go through the motions of having his ex killed, finding out she had a child that could be his - pretty much convinced himself that he was his son (like I had), then have Simon say to him that he didn't care a thought about his father, have his "son" killed and then discover that he wasn't his son after all, and he was his ex's step fathers!!!! Blimey!

That artist was very strange! I'm wondering if he'll be seen as a murderer or as someone with phsycological problems :hmm:

Will Harry and Nikki get it together before the end of this series or will things keep getting in the way, I wonder.....

JustJodi
01-08-2006, 14:28
We both were sitting at the edge of our seats, taking bets who did what,, and I figured out the step father about the time Simon splashed that paint on the company logo,,
Also figured out the mom did the shooting .. I was a bit disgusted she tried to make a move on Harry ( especially after they had just buried her daughter) One thing I wondered, did Stephen ( the dead daughter) ever know about his wife's son ???:searchme:
I sorta hope Niki and Harry get together,, I think a "wedge"is in place right now due to Harrys behavior (wasn't his fault) will take time for them to mend things ..
The artist thing,, i was so confused,, the artist's agent was a real screw loose !!!!!:confused:
I wonder how many episodes are left ??? Em do ya know ?:searchme:

Jojo
01-08-2006, 14:47
Theres another 2 parter next week, but i've a horrible feeling that will be it for this series as there is nothing else detailed on bbc's website - I hope not though - these series finish way too quickly

squillyfer
01-08-2006, 15:13
i think next week are the last ones. the past few series there's only ever been 4 parts (8 episodes)

Jojo
01-08-2006, 15:15
It always seems to end too quickly :( Although as they put them on on the Sunday and Monday, its only on for 4 weeks - great dramas like this should be on longer (give me more Harry watching time :D )

Jojo
07-08-2006, 18:52
Anyone else think that the daughter was the one who killed her father??? They haven't thought of her yet at all, just the father - its as if she is involved in these other killings, and the father found out maybe and thats why or maybe something completely different, but I think she has something to do with it for sure.

Jojo
08-08-2006, 14:25
^^^^^^^^^
How close was I?!

At the end, initially I was confused as to whether the daughter (Supernova) had survived or not, but then it was obvious she hadn't. Another brilliant 2 parter though, and theres more next week :cheer: Even better!!!!

Jessie Wallace
14-08-2006, 00:18
OMG, Nicky, and Harry can't leave. :crying:
I don't if i can watch tomoorw's i might just have to record it then watch the last 5 mins so i know what happens, and then watch the whole episode.
This one reminds me of an episode of Waking the dead, it's very similar.

Jojo
14-08-2006, 09:46
:eek: There was no preview or anything, so you couldn't even gauge if Nicky was going to be ok or not! And there hasn't been anything out about both of them leaving, so I hope they are both ok, Harry doesn't go to the US (wheres the eye candy otherwise) and Nicky has only just come in - they can't kill her. I can't wait for tonight. It was brilliant last night, thoroughly enjoyed it (as usual). It will be interesting to see how the GMC hearing comes out too, and how Leo will testify.

Jessie Wallace
14-08-2006, 12:02
They can't lose both of them, that would be the end of the show i think, if they did.
I with you Emz, we need Harry, he is so cute, and i can't see Nicky leaving when she's only just arrived and everyone likes her character, so i would imagine the bosses, would have put up a fight to keep them both, if they had wanted to leave.

Jojo
14-08-2006, 16:12
I think they will both stay to be honest - I would be very surprised if they went. I'm hoping Nicky will be saved from harm and Harry won't want to leave her as he cares about her (which was side tracked after Harry's ex being killed), so decides to stay put even if it puts off him becoming a Professor. But it is the finale tonight too, so it call all be left hanging in the balance, although thats not the normal way that Silent Witness leaves things is it, from what I remember....

Jessie Wallace
14-08-2006, 17:57
Maybe he'll save her, they'll snog and live happerly ever after! lol

Jojo
14-08-2006, 18:21
Maybe he'll save her, they'll snog and live happerly ever after! lol I hope not - well, no i'm not sure, maybe it would be ok, but that would also be a bit predictable too, and Silent Witness hasn't been too predictable of late. And if they got it together, and then split, it could mean one of them having to leave which wouldn't be good :(

Jojo
14-08-2006, 23:04
Yay :cheer: they are both staying - for now anyway.

How wrong was I - it wasn't the final episode of the series! Which I am really glad about.

Can't believe the cover up - where does it say that MI6 agents are allowed to torture and kill innocent people and be above retribution for it :eek: Horrified!

Excellent episode - who shot him though as I thought it was coming from the wrong direction to be the undercover agent and I didn't think it would have been the armed officers as Adrian wasn't armed himself, so therefore they wouldn't have shot him, surely. Slightly confused there, but roll on next week!! :cheer:

Jessie Wallace
15-08-2006, 01:11
I really thought it was the last in the series, infact i'm sure the announcer said so at some point, but i been told it wasn't the last one, and even been told what's happening in the next episode! ( it's sound similar tho, so could be a repeat! oh well we'll find out soon enough

Jojo
15-08-2006, 10:41
I've just looked on the website - looks like we were right Dawn - the episode due to be shown next week is The Meaning of Death, Parts one and two first shown August 2005.

I was sure that it was the last in the series last night, but then when the announcer said that there was another episode next week, I thought maybe I was wrong, but looking at the sypnosis for it, I wasn't :cheer: Phew lol. At least we're getting more Harry for a bit though :cheer:

Jessie Wallace
15-08-2006, 13:59
i thought i recognised the episode you was saying it was going to be yesterday. Plus my tv guide said it was the last one in the series too. Oh well least we got it sorted now, and yay more silent witness next week, who cares if it a repeat, more eye candy time!

Jojo
15-08-2006, 14:06
i thought i recognised the episode you was saying it was going to be yesterday. Plus my tv guide said it was the last one in the series too. Oh well least we got it sorted now, and yay more silent witness next week, who cares if it a repeat, more eye candy time! Yeah, when I was telling you what it was about, I thought :hmm: I recognise this. Hence why I looked it up. Plus I was sure I'd seen that it was the last one in the series last night too.

But like you say, I don't care, more great drama and more Harry for us to look at :D :rotfl: :cheer:

megan999
27-08-2006, 16:52
Hi, in the episode called Body of Evidence - the one where Harry's ex is murdered, I missed the first part of the story (Friday). I know what Harry kissed Nikki, but why? What happened to lead up to that moment? And then what happened afterwards? Sorry this is ages after that story was aired, but I had it all on tape and am catching up on it now. Harry is gorgeous BTW :wub:

Jojo
27-08-2006, 19:46
Hi, in the episode called Body of Evidence - the one where Harry's ex is murdered, I missed the first part of the story (Friday). I know what Harry kissed Nikki, but why? What happened to lead up to that moment? And then what happened afterwards? Sorry this is ages after that story was aired, but I had it all on tape and am catching up on it now. Harry is gorgeous BTW :wub: They were at a conference together which was really boring so decided to hop it to the pub. They were talking about relationships etc, and Nikki said how she probably wouldn't ever find anyone. She was gabbling on loads, so Harry kissed her and made the excuse that he was trying to keep her quiet.

And I totally agree - Harry is yum!!! :wub:

JustJodi
27-08-2006, 19:50
Ok we are all in agreement then that Harry and Nikki are staying for next series ?????????Remember Harry was holding Nikki in the back seat after her ordeal. and she was encouraging him to take that job in America,,, but I dont remember him saying he was gonna go for sure did he ????????????? What do u guys think,,, I want HARRY :wub: ( yea yea I know get in line and take a number LOL )

Jojo
27-08-2006, 20:03
lol Jodi.

I'm hoping he will be staying, well both of them. I think they will though to be honest, they had the opportunity to lose Nikki at the end of this series, following her having a gun held to her head etc, but they didn't, so hopefully that means she will be back. I just hope Harry decides that staying in the UK is more important that becoming a Prof....

megan999
31-08-2006, 15:37
They were at a conference together which was really boring so decided to hop it to the pub. They were talking about relationships etc, and Nikki said how she probably wouldn't ever find anyone. She was gabbling on loads, so Harry kissed her and made the excuse that he was trying to keep her quiet.

And I totally agree - Harry is yum!!! :wub:

Thanks jojomum!:thumbsup: Can't wait for the next series now:)

Jojo
31-08-2006, 18:29
Thanks jojomum!:thumbsup: Can't wait for the next series now:) No problem :D

I just hope neither of them leave for the next series - lets keep our fingers crossed. If one of them does leave though - please let it not be Harry C!!

crazyjkh
03-09-2006, 23:17
i really hope neither of them leave, as it will b such a great story to keep them together and going out, as not much happiness and loving can take place in the show! lol for obvious reasons that most of the people are dead.
Can't believe it will be nearly another year until it is on again. its just too long.