PDA

View Full Version : Mcfly! How dare they! Its an outrage!

Bryan
15-07-2006, 19:06
How dare they bunch of idiots do a cover of Dont Stop Me Now!

It's one of the biggest legendary songs ever, sang by one of the worlds most famous bands, and for this little idiots to sing it...it's made me feel physicallt sick... they have ruined it...they cant sing... and it is disgusting! A travesty! An outrage!

Please feel free to let out your anger and frustration in this thread! :angry: :mad:

Jojo
15-07-2006, 19:21
Who sang the original?? :cool: :rotfl:

Sorry - I am being serious though - once you tell me, I'm bound to know, but just by the name of the song - it means nothing. :searchme: :D

CrazyLea
15-07-2006, 19:24
lmao Ems!!! Queen!!

Erm I haven't heard it, but it is a bit daft covering this song. They won't do it justice at all.

*Pretends she doesn't like Mcfly*

Jojo
15-07-2006, 19:25
lmao Ems!!! Queen!!

Erm I haven't heard it, but it is a bit daft covering this song. They won't do it justice at all.

*Pretends she doesn't like Mcfly* Now that will be why I haven't a clue who sang it then!!! I hate Queen - always have done :D :rotfl:

Maybe I should have a listen to both and then I shall be able to give my honest unbiased opinion :D :rotfl:

lollymay
15-07-2006, 21:50
It is the best queen song ever.

mcfly have done it justice!

i hate people saying mcfly are rubbish they arent and if people bothered to watch the tour videos and behind the scenes they would see how talented they really are!!!!

ok rant over!

CrazyLea
15-07-2006, 21:57
Woo go Lolly... I agree that they're quite talented.. but besides that they have catchy songs.. and yes Ems that sounds good...an impartial vote :cool:
back to the talented thing.. they're wayyy much more talented than half the 'singers' around these days, i'm talking mainly about rap artists and r'n'b stars. Least Mcfly play their own instruments, which is a great talent I personally think. I admit, they aren't the best band in the world, but they deal with so much slack :eek: also!

Cornishbabe
16-07-2006, 00:09
I really like the cover. Its not the same which is good. and its for charity...

Pinkbanana
16-07-2006, 00:18
Yeah, its for charity, and its not the first charity single the guys have done, which is generous of them. So respect to them. I loved Queen, but have to say liking their version!:cheer:

Chris_2k11
16-07-2006, 06:47
I hate Queen - always have done :D :rotfl:Me too ems. I don't know why they turned out to be so big, they're nothing but TOTAL CRAP if you ask me! :) :D And that Bohemian Rhapsody is one of the most annoying things on this planet.

Jojo
16-07-2006, 09:36
Me too ems. I don't know why they turned out to be so big, they're nothing but TOTAL CRAP if you ask me! :) :D And that Bohemian Rhapsody is one of the most annoying things on this planet. *nods in total agreement* I have never understood everyones sworn allegiance to them.

Back to McFly - I have to say that I have liked some of their previous songs (not bad for an oldie eh?! :D ) mainly for the reason, that at least you can understand the song and the words, unlike some that is released these days (which does make me feel old!) Still haven't listened to it yet though - will go find it now :D

x Amby x
16-07-2006, 10:52
I thought it was quite good! McFly have done it justice, i must admit im not a huge McFly fan, but they are very talented!

alkalinetrio
16-07-2006, 13:28
mcfly suck, the cover sucks and ive seen them live on tv and they still suck they have no talent cause they suck!

but cant stop me now if you want a good version - the vandals done a good version lol great band lives aswell got on top of speaker and played the solo to cant stop me now on some little guitar:)

diamond1
16-07-2006, 13:33
Queen are the best:)

its nice of mcfly to do a charity single and its not THAT bad

just cant understand why they have to cover so many songs this is like they're third rip off now

diamond1
16-07-2006, 13:46
actually I just heard the recording version and its much worse than I thought when I heard them singing live last night I thought it was good but I have to agree its a tedious cover.

Im into queen anyway though and in all fairness alot of people have run queen down but queen where such pioneers of music some bands wouldnt be around today-like mcfly.

but really did anyone notice that mcfly sang it much better live on stage than the recording

Pinkbanana
16-07-2006, 14:12
actually I just heard the recording version and its much worse than I thought when I heard them singing live last night I thought it was good but I have to agree its a tedious cover.

Im into queen anyway though and in all fairness alot of people have run queen down but queen where such pioneers of music some bands wouldnt be around today-like mcfly.

but really did anyone notice that mcfly sang it much better live on stage than the recording

Yeah, Im a Queen fan and I agree with what you have said about them above. I think they were ahead of their time and produced some fantastic music to boot! I would have loved, to have been old enough, to see them in concert.

Freddie had an amazing voice, so to be fair anybody attempting to cover a queen song is going to have their work cut out trying to follow that!

I heard Mcfly sing it live and thought they did a decent job, and their performance (the bit I saw) had a lot of energy to it. Have still to hear the actual recording (cd) though, so it could be pants for all I know, and they could have murdered it so much, poor Freddie would be turning in his grave.

Anyhow, we must all remember its for charity, and as a rule charity singles are normally quite dire! :D lol

diamond1
16-07-2006, 14:22
Yeah, Im a Queen fan and I agree with what you have said about them above. I think they were ahead of their time and produced some fantastic music to boot! I would have loved, to have been old enough, to see them in concert.

awww have you seen we will rock you in london its lush! if you have not you should

a must for any queen fan....actually you would still like it even if you dont like queen aswell

ive seen it 12 times lol then again ive seen all the musicals loads of times it was only a underground ride away in the day lol

Katy
16-07-2006, 15:11
i havent heard it yet but if its anything like the last cover they did then im not looking forward to it. No one can sing a Queen song.

Chris_2k11
16-07-2006, 15:13
No one can sing a Queen song.Except Queen of course :rotfl:

:thumbsdow

Katy
16-07-2006, 15:19
oh id forgot about that. Queen cant really sing them though. Im not a great fan i just always end up singing the songs as there really catchy.

Rain_
16-07-2006, 15:36
Bleah...it's like the cheeky girls covering a zeplin track....wouldn't work, shouldn't be tried, suggestion should have been burned on the BBQ.

Granted, i'm not a Queen lover but with a band like that it's the legend that sells the song and the legend should never try and be recreated.

.:SpIcYsPy:.
16-07-2006, 16:25
they're wayyy much more talented than half the 'singers' around these days, i'm talking mainly about rap artists and r'n'b stars.
:eek: I love R'n'B so offended lol :p :rolleyes:

I don't like Queen.. Were they in the 80's? Might explain why lol.

McFly are good, they are talented too. I like some of their songs, pretty good!!:thumbsup:

Pinkbanana
16-07-2006, 16:51
:

I don't like Queen.. Were they in the 80's? Might explain why lol.

:

Just out of interest why would the 1980's explain your dislike of Queen?

Queen were about in the 70's, and the early part of the 90's before the great Freddie Mercury died. Also there was a lot of great music to come out of the 1980's, as well as weird fashions and big hair styles (could explain global warming - from the excessive useage of hair spray in this decade)!

Have still to hear the Mcfly recorded version of Dont stop me now! Fingers crossed its not as bad as folk say, cause its for charity!

diamond1
16-07-2006, 17:03
I love 60's 70's 80's music some of the songs are songs you just never stop singing

I love madonnas 80's stuff,a bit of marvin gaye,bill withers oops im going on a bit now anyway Queen one of the best groups of all time

in years gone by everyone will have forgotten mcfly but Queens legend will still go on because they where classic,I mean no offence to mcfly fans I dont mind mcfly but they're just another pop group like busted that are on their way out!

I cant belive I said lush earlier you could tell id just watched a documentry on charlotte church

Pinkbanana
16-07-2006, 17:10
I love 60's 70's 80's music some of the songs are songs you just never stop singing

I love madonnas 80's stuff,a bit of marvin gaye,bill withers oops im going on a bit now anyway Queen one of the best groups of all time

in years gone by everyone will have forgotten mcfly but Queens legend will still go on because they where classic,I mean no offence to mcfly fans I dont mind mcfly but they're just another pop group like busted that are on their way out!

I cant belive I said lush earlier you could tell id just watched a documentry on charlotte church

What(?!) diamond1, I had to laugh, whilst reading your last comment, and I also spilt my very hot cup of coffee! From your posts I'd never had you down as the type to watch a Charlotte Church documentry!! Oh well you live and learn. lol

Agreed about Queen standing the test of time. Whilst it will be Mc.. what?! in a few years time!!! lol

diamond1
16-07-2006, 17:15
What(?!) diamond1, I had to laugh, whilst reading your last comment, and I also spilt my very hot cup of coffee! From your posts I'd never had you down as the type to watch a Charlotte Church documentry!! Oh well you live and learn. lol

Agreed about Queen standing the test of time. Whilst it will be Mc.. what?! in a few years time!!! lol

Oh sorry about the coffee thing, did I say Charlotte Church I meant...someone else, is that the time I got to go :lol:

Also just to clarify I wasnt knocking mcfly but it is true they are going to end up as another busted ...I guess you could say people said the same about the beatles but this is the new era where music is all seems cloned so I doubt it

Pinkbanana
16-07-2006, 18:50
Also just to clarify I wasnt knocking mcfly but it is true they are going to end up as another busted ...I guess you could say people said the same about the beatles but this is the new era where music is all seems cloned so I doubt it

Yeah, I know what you mean. I would say McFly are pretty talented, for a boy band, in that they can play instruments, and sounded alright live, but they aren't in the same league as Queen etc.... And with so many boy bands over the years they have a limited shelf life, and once gone will be forgotten as soon as the nxt boy band comes along. Where as Queen and the Beatles etc.. are legends with some classic songs to their credit.

lollymay
16-07-2006, 18:58
they're just another pop group like busted that are on their way out!

mcfly are not6hing like busted. they are singed to the same label but apart from that they are so different.

busted had a rocky edge to there music but mcfly have a beach boys influence to there style!

diamond1
16-07-2006, 18:58
Yeah, I know what you mean. I would say McFly are pretty talented, for a boy band, in that they can play instruments, and sounded alright live, but they aren't in the same league as Queen etc.... And with so many boy bands over the years they have a limited shelf life, and once gone will be forgotten as soon as the nxt boy band comes along. Where as Queen and the Beatles etc.. are legends with some classic songs to their credit.

theres also so may types of music now then campared to the older days so while alot of teenage girls are into mcfly they could well turn into a diffrent style of music in a years time,

I know my taste of music and that is no taste at all I listen to ANYTHING i like I dont care if its don mcleen or britany spears or aqua I simply dont care

my cd collection ranges from everything you can think off...if you spilt your coffee just now then this will really shock you, I even got marilyn manson and korn in there....as I put my cds in alphabetical order marilyn manson is right next to mcfly:lol:

diamond1
16-07-2006, 19:01
mcfly are not6hing like busted. they are singed to the same label but apart from that they are so different.

busted had a rocky edge to there music but mcfly have a beach boys influence to there style! I didnt mean it like that at all,I meant it as busted have split up and are no longer singing I meant it wont be long until that happens to mcfly

I noticed that beach boys thing....oh can anyone answer where sons of dork went to while im at it, I liked that loserville song

Pinkbanana
16-07-2006, 19:14
theres also so may types of music now then campared to the older days so while alot of teenage girls are into mcfly they could well turn into a diffrent style of music in a years time,

I know my taste of music and that is no taste at all I listen to ANYTHING i like I dont care if its don mcleen or britany spears or aqua I simply dont care

my cd collection ranges from everything you can think off...if you spilt your coffee just now then this will really shock you, I even got marilyn manson and korn in there....as I put my cds in alphabetical order marilyn manson is right next to mcfly:lol:

Oh I've learned my lesson, never to read your posts with a hot cup of coffee in my hand!:eek:

My cd collection is rather eclectic too. Got David Bowie, Van Morrison, Dusty Springfield, The Kinks, Pet Shop Boys, Coldplay, The streets, The Clash etc..... even the spice girls in there somewhere!

Though no charlotte Church :D

lollymay
16-07-2006, 19:21
the last i heard son of dork were doing more songs and should be bringing out more songs.

but there album is brill - i recomend it!

diamond1
16-07-2006, 19:32
Oh I've learned my lesson, never to read your posts with a hot cup of coffee in my hand!:eek:

My cd collection is rather eclectic too. Got David Bowie, Van Morrison, Dusty Springfield, The Kinks, Pet Shop Boys, Coldplay, The streets, The Clash etc..... even the spice girls in there somewhere!

Though no charlotte Church :D

ha Charlotte is great,I blame hollyoaks they played that damn song on madys final episode and I bought her album,sad

david bowie..check...dusty springfield..check..coldplay...check...the streets...check well Ive got a few myself

no spice girls

the last i heard son of dork were doing more songs and should be bringing out more songs.

but there album is brill - i recomend it!I supose they wouldnt release a new song so close to matt willis doing his solo thing aswell lol

xXxJessxXx
17-07-2006, 18:47
Havn't heard the song by Mcfly and I love it by Queen. Or anyone for that matter. I think Mcfly will sing it well. They are really talented and maybe not be the best band in the world but they are good.

I think its unfair to compare anyone who does a cover to the original version. They are probably not expecting to be as good as queen or even near. They are obviously just making the song there own.

Pinkbanana
17-07-2006, 19:05
I think its unfair to compare anyone who does a cover to the original version. They are probably not expecting to be as good as queen or even near. They are obviously just making the song there own.

I think if you hear a cover version and you know the original one, then you cannot help but compare the two versions. Its almost instinctive, you instantly think oh yeah thats better/worse than the original.

However, in this case, regardless of what it sounds like (ive still to hear the Mcfly recorded version) it is for charity, and I hope it sells by the lorry load!

xXxJessxXx
17-07-2006, 19:10
I think if you hear a cover version and you know the original one, then you cannot help but compare the two versions. Its almost instinctive, you instantly think oh yeah thats better/worse than the original.

Yeah i know and it is hard not to compare songs sung by different people. But they're just having fun and its probably a fav of theirs and obviosuly not trying to be as good as queen because they now they are a huge band and really well known. they will just be pleased people like it and it shouldnt be judged too much by the sound of the original, i know its hard not to do but i dont think its fair.

Xx-Vicky-xX
20-07-2006, 09:54
Im not bothered that McFly covered it, i dont think its as good as the Queen version but im not bothered they did it.

Queen did alot of great songs, i dont think anyone could do better but the covers of Bohemian Rhapsody (G4) and Dont Stop me Now (Mcfly) are still good because they are different and they are not tying to sound like Queen, they have actually made it their own.