PDA

View Full Version : 'Casualty' actor reprises his role

Footie_Chick
12-07-2006, 11:35
Taken from digital spy.

Former Casualty actor Gerald Kyd - alias Sean Maddox - is to return to the wards of Holby City Hospital later this year.

Sean is the arrogant, womanising Senior House Officer who left for Australia with nurse Tina Seabrook (Claire Goose) in Series 16. The character returns bitter about his recent separation from Tina and the fact he seldom sees his child.

A spokeswoman for the show told DS: "We are thrilled to welcome Gerald back. We wanted an edgy and exciting Casualty character who is popular with viewers to come back for the 20th anniversary series and Sean Maddox fitted the bill completely!"

Kyd returns to our screens in episode five of the next series which is to air mid-October.

Other anniversary plans include a special Cambodian episode in September.

Cambodian Episode

Casualty bosses have finally revealed plans for their 20th anniversary episode.

The show is going to Cambodia in a one-off episode which will see Charlie Fairhead (Derek Thompson) and Lisa "Duffy" Duffin (Cathy Shipton) come face to face after three years.

Duffy - who quit the show after 13 years back in April 2003 - calls her old Casualty friends to Asia to help her set up a clinic. Abs (James Redmond), Comfort (Martina Laird) and Guppy (Elyes Gabel) head out with Charlie to lend a hand.

An insider told The Sun: “It will be an emotional reunion for Charlie and Duffy. While they never actually got it together, they have a massive soft spot for each other. But it won’t all be hugs and kisses — they’ll end up having a huge row.”

Cathy told the newspaper: “I’m thrilled to be working with Derek again. It feels as though Duffy has never been away.”

A BBC source added: “We wanted to do something really special to celebrate the anniversary. It’s going to be a hot and sticky shoot in South East Asia but we hope it will turn out to be a really memorable show.”

The anniversary episode will air in September.

CrazyLea
21-07-2006, 23:48
Just read this... can't believe they split Sean and Tina up :crying: But I liked Sean, so it should be cool with him back!

Jessie Wallace
22-07-2006, 00:37
You can't split up Sean and Tina, it's outragous. And if they'd got a kid together, she'd never stop him from seeing it, she just wasn't that type.
They gotta come back together or not at all.

CrazyLea
22-07-2006, 00:46
I know she definately wouldn't stop him see his child.. If they end up with that being the implication then I won't be happy, cause that just wasn't Tina.. there'd have to be more too it.. like Sean having done something really bad or something.

Jessie Wallace
22-07-2006, 02:17
It would be in character if that happened.
Anyway they should bring back Tina, I Love Claire Goose, she's a great actress.

Katy
22-07-2006, 11:36
I know i loved Sean and Tina, the episode in Austraillia was so good. I thik it will be great for him to be back Sean was one of my favouritre characters.

Layne
22-07-2006, 16:11
What Sean and tina split up :( :crying: No they can't. God i loved them two. Me and a mate of mine were like really into casualty and yeh they cnat break them two up :( But hey you never know it might give claire goose a reason to come back to Cas *cough hint cough*!! The episode will be good though and can't wait to see sean back!