PDA

View Full Version : Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Man's Chest

Layne
07-07-2006, 18:59
Thought i'd start up this topic.
Have just been to see this film and it was amazing. I really enjoyed it.
I am a huge fan of the first and was dying to see this, i had worries that it might not live up to the hype of it all, but it was it was better than i exppected and everything about it was amazing; the costumes, the graphics, the acting, the script, the set.
Gore Verbinski (director) is a fab director and he has worked really hard on this film and its just fab :cheer:
And all the actors, to be honest we could of done with a bit more Captin jack in the film, but the others were great, and Keira she is only 21 :eek: She is amazing.

Okay i am rambling now! But yeh i thought it was excellent. What do you all think?

CrazyLea
07-07-2006, 20:42
:crying: I queued up for a hour to see this tonight and then when I got right outside the door, they said it was full!!! I'm so gutted, was so looking forward to seeing it!! Going to see it Tuesday though, but still :angry:

true.moon
07-07-2006, 20:47
i havent seen it yet but i really want to. My friend blurrted out what happened in it so i know anyway. But i wont spoil it for you all :):angel:

lollymay
08-07-2006, 08:55
i really want to see this - it looks great and im going as soon as possible.

i loved the first one - know it off word for word!

jo3520
08-07-2006, 09:12
Yeah I went to see it last night and it was wicked! All the actors were great and everything was just fantastic! :cheer: It was very jumpy though werent it? :p I cant believe what happened at the end! But dont worry wont spoil it for you all! But bring on number 3! :thumbsup:

Layne
08-07-2006, 17:46
It was very jumpy though werent it? :p I cant believe what happened at the end! But dont worry wont spoil it for you all! But bring on number 3! :thumbsup:

Yeh it was jumpy, about 3 time i jumped through the film. And yeh the ending was a suprise i need to see 3! Bring it on! Shouldn't be too long though..... *heres hoping*

Chloe-Elise
08-07-2006, 20:13
I loved it...jumped quite a lot though! :D Was very funny and the actors were all amazing :wub: Couldn't believe the ending though! Can't wait for number 3 :D

Tamzi
08-07-2006, 21:10
I have to wait till Saturday to see it. I can't wait. I know some bits about it, but I can't wait to see it. So excited.
xxx

pookie1968uk
08-07-2006, 21:39
cant wait to see it, loved the first. will be seeing in in the next couple of weeks.

Pixie
08-07-2006, 22:24
I thought it was really good, wuite different to the last one as a bit scarier and gruesome! Still prefer the first one as but only slightly - this one was still a great film

Johnny Allen
21-07-2006, 17:10
no way near as magical as the first, and seriously lacking in the deppster. When will Orlando Bloom learn to act, and why does the film have to have so much Will Turner? hes so boring.

Rach33
21-07-2006, 18:29
Ok I admit it I've been twice to see it and that was in a space of a week
Am going again with my mum hopefully next week

Adored the first one this one wasn't quite as good but still fabbie just not enough johnny Depp the meanies

Abi
29-07-2006, 13:09
I loved this film. The acting was great, especially from Jonny Depp, even though Captain Jack wasn't in it that much. The story was quite good as well, though i think the ending was dragged out way too much, especially with some of the fight scenes.

The next one looks like its going to be good, what with that set up made at the end of this film.

I still didn't like Orlando Bloom in this film though. He was so wooden throughout the whole thing- luckily for him and us, he had some fab other actors and actresses that made up for it, and disguised it in quite a lot of places.

But i'd still definately recommend it to anyone, especially if you saw and liked the first one. Its well worth the entrance fee, even if it is a bit long in places.

Layne
29-07-2006, 17:36
Saw it again the other day :p And was still as good as the first tie i saw it. I went with some friends and they didn't like this one as much as the first but i did. I admit i don't think it was as funny, but still a great film.

x Amby x
29-07-2006, 17:49
I love this film, its the best film ive seen this year! Orlando Bllom looks buff, Johnny Depp is just brilliant and its good that Keira Knightlys part is built up a bit more! My favourite bit has to be where Will, Commodor and Jack are in the big wheel fighting and its just rolling down the hill going past everything, it must have been great to film that! Overall i give it 11/10!!!! lol

CrazyLea
29-07-2006, 17:55
Yay, I saw it a couple of weeks ago too, I thought it was brilliant, and really rather funny! Loved Johnny Depp, and even Keira Knightly was quite good. Although, must say I'm not too keen on Miss Swann now :angry: think those of you who watched it will know why ;-)

I still didn't like Orlando Bloom in this film though. He was so wooden throughout the whole thing- luckily for him and us, he had some fab other actors and actresses that made up for it, and disguised it in quite a lot of places.
I completely agree, Orlando is so wooden. I thought maybe as he's in it more this time, iot would show off any acting ability he actually had, but erm nope!

Ooo and I loved Norrington in this one! He was great ( in my opinion :D )

Yeah so roll on next year.. so excited now :p :D

pookie1968uk
30-07-2006, 19:00
i loved this film. i had heard that many people say it wasnt good i thought it would be rubbish but i loved it. i thought the ending was great!! roll on the 3rd one!!

the_watts_rule
01-08-2006, 16:33
I went to see it last night and I thought it was brilliant. I'm more a chick flick kind of girl but it was just great. The actors were really good, it was funny, it was just great. It had a good balance of different things. Can't wait til the next one :D

Jada-GDR
01-08-2006, 16:41
three words - Captain. Jack. Sparrow. if anyone thought this film was rubbish after seeing johnny depp's performance (and sexiness :D) in it then they didnt go to specsavers.
the ending was kind of annoying though. well, i say kind-of i really mean INCREDIBLY ENORMOUSLY AGGITATINGLY FRUSTRATINGLY ANNOYINGLY annoying. but hey, all the better reason to go see the next one when it comes out.

Layne
01-08-2006, 16:48
Although, must say I'm not too keen on Miss Swann now :angry: think those of you who watched it will know why ;-)

Ooo and I loved Norrington in this one! He was great ( in my opinion :D )

Yeah so roll on next year.. so excited now :p :D

Totally agree with you there ma dear!I was not shouting not very nice words at the screen at her :angel:
And yeh i loved Jack Davenport or 'Norrington' in this film too!

By the Way I read that disney has annouced the 3rd film's realease date to be 25th May 2007 so make sure you are free :p

DaVeyWaVey
26-08-2006, 20:22
I went to see this film a month ago with my mates. I loved the 1st one and i loved the 2nd one too! The ending was such a surprise but i think this film was kinda building up to the 3rd film.

Tori
26-08-2006, 20:26
I found it really really boring, and it dragged. I think it was because there were half an hour of adverts before it even began. I agree that Johnny Depp is great, but it didn't hit my buttons...