PDA

View Full Version : Evil characters?!

littlemo
06-07-2006, 23:18
They are starting a thread on DS, asking people what soap character they would like to slap, and it got me thinking there's nobody really evil in Eastenders. We are missing out.

Nick Cotton was somebody we could always rely on, but they had to get rid of him (I hope he comes back one day!) I think we need another character like him. Somebody with a bit of an edge. Somebody who can be really cruel!

Chris_2k11
06-07-2006, 23:23
I've said it before and i'll say it again......... BRING BACK JANINE!! :cheer:

littlemo
06-07-2006, 23:40
Yeah she was great wasn't she?! lol.

I suppose it could be another woman.

But I do want Nick to come back.

Richie_lecturer
07-07-2006, 12:50
I want Janine AND Nick to come back, NOW.

littlemo
07-07-2006, 14:45
I want Janine AND Nick to come back, NOW.

Yeah! What a lethal combination they'd make! Imagine if they got together!

Johnny Allen
07-07-2006, 16:06
they need a fresh new villian, someone who could bring menance to the square. Its the same in Coronation St theres no one evil. Home and Away has great villians, Josh and Amanda, its about time Eastenders got some, Janine and Nick really should come back.

littlemo
07-07-2006, 16:15
Corrie's got Charlie, he's a nasty piece of work. I think Owen might be going that way in EE, but we haven't quite seen him long enough to really feel anything for him.

x Amby x
07-07-2006, 16:34
I think they should bring Janine back, she was a great character!

Pinkbanana
07-07-2006, 17:15
I think one of the many new characters enders have/are bring in should turn out to be a right psycho nut - somebody who makes Charlie Stubbs look like a sunday school teacher! lol

What about turning that prat Deanoooooo into a serial killer? It would at least give his character a bit of purpose! lol He could bump off Keith (keef) for a start, then Bert etc....

Richie_lecturer
07-07-2006, 19:22
..and then turn the gun on himself.

Yeah! What a lethal combination they'd make! Imagine if they got together!
That would create Ninine or Janick.

Jada-GDR
07-07-2006, 19:27
bring back den! bring back den! always a little evil on the sly... lol

Chris_2k11
07-07-2006, 19:37
I think once is enough Jada. :cool:

LostVoodoo
07-07-2006, 20:08
ah janine...gotta love her...
although if there was one EE character i would say i really hated and wanted to slap it's Pauline. she's cruel, self-centred and downright nasty. but of course, very much like Blanche in Corrie, she gets away with it simply because she's old. some of the things she's said to Sonia, the girl would have hit her if she was younger, but no.

Richie_lecturer
07-07-2006, 22:40
I think once is enough Jada. :cool: Indeed. Don't give EE bosses anymore ideas. They are so easily convinced by even the most absurd of plots, as we have noticed of course. :rolleyes: :cool:

Bryan
07-07-2006, 22:57
if anyone has the potential to become "evil" I'd say Max Branning... if he doesnt try and get his way into Stacey's knickers by the end of the year I will be very suprised :eek:

DaVeyWaVey
07-07-2006, 23:01
EE really haven't got any evil characters at the moment which is a shame as that is what they need, EE are really lacking evil characters! Janine, Nick and Chrissie were all great evil characters but i don't think they should return, i don't think any old evil characters should return, i think they need to keep the characters fresh, EE do need fresh new evil in the Square!

Richie_lecturer
07-07-2006, 23:06
if anyone has the potential to become "evil" I'd say Max Branning... if he doesnt try and get his way into Stacey's knickers by the end of the year I will be very suprised :eek:
Getting into Stacey's knickers - maybe that means he'll put them under a microscope to check the fibres. Perhaps he's not a madman, but a mad scientist. :confused:

Chris_2k11
07-07-2006, 23:07
I wouldn't really say you could class Chrissie as 'evil'

littlemo
08-07-2006, 00:30

I think you might be right there! lol. I hope so anyway. I'd love to see Stacey tell him where to go! Throw in a punch for good measure. Love to see Max try and explain that away! lol.

But will the certain new character arriving, Max will have an even lesser chance of getting away with it!

Richie_lecturer
08-07-2006, 22:54
ah janine...gotta love her...
although if there was one EE character i would say i really hated and wanted to slap it's Pauline.
I wouldn't say Pauline's evil. Yes her current tan glow is rather frightening but I don't think it's intentional. :o

lollymay
08-07-2006, 22:58
i think we need some evil people inthe square - theres been no one good since den left (again)

Kim
15-07-2006, 11:33
i think we need some evil people inthe square - theres been no one good since den left (again)

I thought Johnny was more evil than Den, what with all the stuff coming out and him shutting Peggy's fingers in the door.

Pinkbanana
16-07-2006, 01:16
I thought Johnny was more evil than Den, what with all the stuff coming out and him shutting Peggy's fingers in the door.

Yeah, but then he spoilt the hard man image by wearing that pink jumper! lol

Jessie Wallace
16-07-2006, 02:08
Why does him wearing a pink jumper make him not hard? Pink and yellow spots maybe, but just a pink jumper, that makes no difference.

Chris_2k11
16-07-2006, 06:36
pink and yellow spots lmaoo :rotfl:

Pinkbanana
16-07-2006, 09:16
[QUOTE=Jessie Wallace]Why does him wearing a pink jumper make him not hard? QUOTE]

It was a joke!!! You know where you laugh, ie :lol:
I think you were taking my comment a tiny bit too seriously!

Babe14
16-07-2006, 09:19
There hasonly ever been one really evil character in the square for me and that was Nick Cotton, he was lower than a snakes belly

Jojo
16-07-2006, 09:22
I agree with you there Babe - Nick Cotton was far more evil, especially after everything he has put his poor ol' ma through over the years, and murdering Eddie Royle etc - that was definitely one evil man. Got his own hands dirty and didn't care who he upset - Dot said he was a bad apple, and he definitely was that.

Pinkbanana
16-07-2006, 09:22
There hasonly ever been one really evil character in the square for me and that was Nick Cotton, he was lower than a snakes belly

Yeah, I agree. He was at times the lowest of the low! :ninja: They need another like him, or him to come back and mix it up a bit at the Brannings! lol

Chris_2k11
16-07-2006, 09:23
What about Trevor Morgan though. He's gotta be up there with the worst.

Babe14
16-07-2006, 09:36
What about Trevor Morgan though. He's gotta be up there with the worst.

Yes I agree with that. He was evil in the way that he beat Lil Mo and destroyed her confidence. Whereas Nick he was just pure evil and he'd stop at nothing to get what he wanted.

Two, evil men but in very different ways.:)

Babe14
16-07-2006, 09:40
I agree with you there Babe - Nick Cotton was far more evil, especially after everything he has put his poor ol' ma through over the years, and murdering Eddie Royle etc - that was definitely one evil man. Got his own hands dirty and didn't care who he upset - Dot said he was a bad apple, and he definitely was that.

He did get his comeuppance though when he decided to mix it with Mark Fowler. Remember the bridge scene where Nick was up on the bridge and fell off and ended up paralysed? I still say to this day that Mark pushed him.
I remember when he was poisioning Dot, I just so hated him for it. He was the type of character who I'd end up shouting at the TV screen at but loved him at the same time.

Yes Nick was indeed a great character and one who is missing from Easties.

Pinkbanana
16-07-2006, 09:44
He did get his comeuppance though when he decided to mix it with Mark Fowler. Remember the bridge scene where Nick was up on the bridge and fell off and ended up paralysed? I still say to this day that Mark pushed him.
I remember when he was poisioning Dot, I just so hated him for it. He was the type of character who I'd end up shouting at the TV screen at but loved him at the same time.

Yes Nick was indeed a great character and one who is missing from Easties.

Did he end up in a wheelchair permanently? So if he were to come back (I know thats very unlikely to happen) he would be in one? I remember vaguely some accident where he fell, just didnt remember the wheelchair bit.

Jojo
16-07-2006, 09:45

Yes Nick was indeed a great character and one who is missing from Easties. I'm sure Mark pushed him too - no doubt in my mind.

Remember when he convinced Dot that he had Aids too - poor love was out of her mind with worry. Him and Marks fued went on for so many years, it was just a crying shame that poor Ashley had to meet his maker because of it. But in a way, at least Nick got to find out what it was like to lose someone close to you. Its a shame they didn't bring him back, except for off screen.

Trevor was evil, but like someone else said, he was only evil to Little Mo - to everyone else he was a nice bloke. It was only Kat that really saw him for what he was, whereas Nick - he didn't care who saw him bad, he was bad and proud of it.

They need a new baddun just like Nick - no more of these "evil" gangster types *laughs at evil gangster*

Jojo
16-07-2006, 09:48
Did he end up in a wheelchair permanently? So if he were to come back (I know thats very unlikely to happen) he would be in one? I remember vaguely some accident where he fell, just didnt remember the wheelchair bit. No - if you remember, the episodes where Ashley was killed, he wasn't in a wheelchair then.

Pinkbanana
16-07-2006, 09:49
Oh I second that, lay off the 'really evil' gangster types (who quite frankly are more comic than evil), and bring in a proper 'ard nutter like Nick Cotton!!!:cheer:

Jojo
16-07-2006, 09:58
Oh I second that, lay off the 'really evil' gangster types (who quite frankly are more comic than evil), and bring in a proper 'ard nutter like Nick Cotton!!!:cheer: Definitely! I think originally Billy was supposed to be like that (after his treatment of Jamie etc) but then he had a major personality transplant and look at him now *yawns* Evil characters are needed in soapland to keep our interest in it - not everyone is nice in life. Yet characters dont seem to be as evil or stay with that persona for very long anymore

Babe14
16-07-2006, 10:01
Even though I did like Andy and thought that Johnny was great at first (before he became of victim of charcter destruction), I have to admit that Nick hasn't yet been beaten. He was everything rolled into one.

Emms - I remember that storyline with Dot to about the Aids and she wasn't the only one who was taking in by it! That was the thing with Nick you never knew if he was lying or not right up until the end. Remember the storyline when he pretended to be a changed man and become religious? Or was this the same one as we were talking about earlier, the poisoning one? (see what I mean about memory:lol: )

Sadly for us John Altman wanted to take a break from the soap to pursue other projects and never returned:(

Jojo
16-07-2006, 10:10
Even though I did like Andy and thought that Johnny was great at first (before he became of victim of charcter destruction), I have to admit that Nick hasn't yet been beaten. He was everything rolled into one.

Emms - I remember that storyline with Dot to about the Aids and she wasn't the only one who was taking in by it! That was the thing with Nick you never knew if he was lying or not right up until the end. Remember the storyline when he pretended to be a changed man and become religious? Or was this the same one as we were talking about earlier, the poisoning one? (see what I mean about memory:lol: )

Sadly for us John Altman wanted to take a break from the soap to pursue other projects and never returned:( For me, Jack Dalton was probably the closest to what I would have imagined/called a gangster, just from the aura around him - even Phil appeared to fear him, which although these days wouldn't be that hard (another character assassination, although hes never been a great character lol) - just his name put fear into everyone. Andy was just laughable (although maybe I spoilt it for myself because of Eddie Santini) and Johnny changed.

I think even Pauline was taken in by the Aids with Nick, wasn't she (?) because of Mark. So many people were supporting her and him. And the religious one, where he started quoting the Bible just like Dot - there will never be another character like him - lets face it - how many of us can remember so many storylines surrounding one character. For me, I can only remember all of the ones involving Nick, which is a sign they were definitely doing things right back then. I think in some ways John Altman made the right decision though - at least he couldn't constantly be in that revolving door like Letitia Dean and co and end up having Nick Cotton's character completely ruined like so many before and after him.

Babe14
16-07-2006, 10:24
Giving the state of the soap now and what is happening to all the old and established characters I agree that John has made the right decision. He did it to them before they did it to him
Another character I liked and thought was good was Dan Sullivan obviously remembered best for the Bianca/Carol storyline - what a cracker that was. Also his final storyline Mel/Phil kidnap where he chained Phil to a radiator before disappearing with some cash. Have to admit I do like Phil he is love/hate character of mine too. Gpoing back to the character Dan, again the actor Craig Fairbrass made the decision to leave and do other things and never returned.

I agree with you about Jack Dalton, he was scary and I enjoyed the epsiodes where Den became involved with the mob run by Dalton. ahhh where have all these great days gone???

Rain_
16-07-2006, 10:29
The difference between a good baddie and an evil gangster is a good baddie will do things himself, take matters into his own hands, an evil gangster has minions to do his dirty work for him. Give me a good baddie anyday !

Babe14
16-07-2006, 11:24
Although I hsve enjoyed some of the gangster stuff in the soap, I thinkif I'm totally honest I also prefer the type of baddie, such as Nick Cotton/Dan Sullivan etc who do all the "work" themselves.

Jessie Wallace
16-07-2006, 14:05
It was a joke!!! You know where you laugh, ie :lol:
I think you were taking my comment a tiny bit too seriously!

Why does me commenting on the colour of someones jumper make you take something too seriously? I was just asking a question, no need to be harsh in return.

Jojo
16-07-2006, 14:20
Although I have enjoyed some of the gangster stuff in the soap, I think if I'm totally honest I also prefer the type of baddie, such as Nick Cotton/Dan Sullivan etc who do all the "work" themselves. They are the true baddies - those that aren't worried about getting their hands dirty and getting stuck in without the fear of repercussions. Getting others to do it for you could insinuate that you fear the consequences of your actions.

Pinkbanana
16-07-2006, 16:31
Why does me commenting on the colour of someones jumper make you take something too seriously? I was just asking a question, no need to be harsh in return.

I dont think I was being harsh. I was explaining that I was making a joke, because I thought with him supposedly meant to be a proper hard gangster, wearing a pink jumper, therefore made him look ridiculous. Most people would have read that as a joke and not as a serious comment.

Anyway back on topic, I hope with all the new influx of characters into Enders one of them turns out to be a new baddie!!! What about Deanooooo turning bad?!!! :lol: lol

Richie_lecturer
16-07-2006, 16:48
Deano is bad, but not because he's a gangster....

Pinkbanana
16-07-2006, 16:55
Deano is bad, but not because he's a gangster....

:lol: Good one. I know exactly where you are coming from with that comment and I couldn't agree more!!! lol

diamond1
16-07-2006, 20:51
my views on 10 eastenders baddies

Jack dalton was by far the best gangster EE's ever had....9/10

Andy was more of a sleazey buisness man who threatened people with heavies he was hardly a 'proper' gangster perhaps when he first joined, but 2004 he was just a charlie stubbs type character.7/10

Jhonny allen was a weird thing-his first few months where spot on, it where reggie kray walked on your screen when you saw him he had mennacing eyes silent tones and a real gangster pressence then came ruby,then tina,then the pink sweater it all went wrong. 7/10

nick cotton,perhaps the best baddie in eastenders there was no gangster mentions what you saw you got he was the lowest of the low he stole a christmas tree and presents from the evans,been involved with drugs racsim murder etc...he even tried to poison his mum 10/10

Den watts 'the man' one of eastenders greatest characters he was a baddie if you liked it or not he screwed people over,cheated on his wife(s) slept with his sons girlfriend truly a vile human being 9/10 (baddie wise)

Phil mitchel this man is a joke I am not taken in with all that mitchel rubbish he is a thug there is nothing unique about him he hits women,is a drunk and I blame for dennis's death 6/10

steve owen ahhh a right villian he was calm cool and caculated 9/10

dan sulivan pleassse this man was so sleazy at one point 'desparate dan' became so vile he was suspected of shooting phil and was set up but phil but sadly never came back to get him 8/10

chrissie watts a true legend in her short ee stint she helped screw sam out the vic she convinced zoe to abort her baby,then killed her husband den and made zoe think it was herself,blackmailed sam,let dennis and sharon live under her roof and wormed her way out of so many pickles 10/10

deano in his short ee tenure deano has mananged to get under pinkbanana's skin so much she takes it out on him at every chance she gets refferring to him as deanooooo a real BADdie 10/10

Pinkbanana
16-07-2006, 21:04
my views on 10 eastenders baddies

deano in his short ee tenure deano has mananged to get under pinkbanana's skin so much she takes it out on him at every chance she gets refferring to him as deanooooo a real BADdie 10/10

Oh thats fn funny! :lol: You're hilarious, D1!

I never realise I had mentioned Deanooooo that much, for anyone to realise I detested the little chappy. :rolleyes: lol

diamond1
16-07-2006, 21:06
Oh thats fn funny! :lol: You're hilarious, D1!

I never realise I had mentioned Deanooooo that much, for anyone to realise I detested the little chappy. :rolleyes: lol

haha couldnt resist lmao

you even did a cheeky F'N bit :lol:

I missed loads like trckie dickie etc but I only wanted to do 10

Jojo
16-07-2006, 23:11
chrissie watts a true legend in her short ee stint she helped screw sam out the vic she convinced zoe to abort her baby,then killed her husband den and made zoe think it was herself,blackmailed sam,let dennis and sharon live under her roof and wormed her way out of so many pickles 10/10
I wouldn't have classed Chrissie as a baddie though - just someone who had to do these things to survive, but not really bad - and lets face it - living with Den Watts is enough to drive anyone to do these things, especially with Zoe after discovering Zoe and Dens little arrangement. :)

Jessie Wallace
16-07-2006, 23:15
I dont think I was being harsh. I was explaining that I was making a joke, because I thought with him supposedly meant to be a proper hard gangster, wearing a pink jumper, therefore made him look ridiculous. Most people would have read that as a joke and not as a serious comment.

Anyway back on topic, I hope with all the new influx of characters into Enders one of them turns out to be a new baddie!!! What about Deanooooo turning bad?!!! :lol: lol

I wasn't being serious - I was just giving my opinion to a post. You might not have meant it as harsh, but that was how it came across :)

Chrissie was fairly bad but that's not really her fault, what with everything that went on. Den, not evil just deranged! Andy, a try hard, Johnny not to bad a being evil. Jack Dalton, well i think he was probably a piece of work.

diamond1
16-07-2006, 23:59
what about uncle harry would anyone count him as a baddie?
im not sure about angel either he was quite a villian

Pinkbanana
17-07-2006, 00:05
I wasn't being serious - I was just giving my opinion to a post. You might not have meant it as harsh, but that was how it came across :)

Chrissie was fairly bad but that's not really her fault, what with everything that went on. Den, not evil just deranged! Andy, a try hard, Johnny not to bad a being evil. Jack Dalton, well i think he was probably a piece of work.
Well to be honest your comment came across as being sarcastic. Its hard on here to know whether folk are being serious or not!:confused:

And I didn't want folk to think that I would seriously grade someone's 'ardness (sorry if that sounds dodgy!! lol) on their choice of knitwear!! :lol:

diamond1
18-07-2006, 14:14
ive forgot janine butcher....shes one of the best characters ever I loved janine she was always scheming,

lol the days with her and barry where great,one time she had to hide paul under a table after a session while barry was out.

the scene with barry on the cliff was hard to watch,she broke his heart up there.

janine butcher 10/10

Xx-Vicky-xX
18-07-2006, 14:30
For me Nick Janine and Trevor (in no particular order) are the 3 top badies Eastenders have had, all three of them character are good because they are so evil they are what people would describe as "People we love to hate"

I also think Den was a bit of a menace before he died and came back again but i still say Nick Trevor and Janine top 3

Richie_lecturer
18-07-2006, 15:16
the scene with barry on the cliff was hard to watch,she broke his heart up there.

..but she didn't break his fall. :ninja:

Jojo
18-07-2006, 15:26
..but she didn't break his fall. :ninja: Could anyone have broken Barry's fall?? :ninja: :rotfl:

Siobhan
18-07-2006, 15:26
For me it has to be Nick, Janine, Trevor and Den.. they are pure evil.. Chrissie not so much as she was just a victim of Den.

Xx-Vicky-xX
18-07-2006, 17:24
For me it has to be Nick, Janine, Trevor and Den.. they are pure evil.. Chrissie not so much as she was just a victim of Den.

I dont this Den was as bad when he came back from the dead but he was certainly nasty before he died, but least his heart was kind of in the right place in that he was always there for mates to beat someone up/kill someone/teach them a lesson

Pinkbanana
18-07-2006, 17:30
I dont this Den was as bad when he came back from the dead but he was certainly nasty before he died, but least his heart was kind of in the right place in that he was always there for mates to beat someone up/kill someone/teach them a lesson

Yeah sleeping with your son's girlfriend is pretty bad as it goes, but I do see what you mean. He did have some redeeming qualities, and he loved his little princess very much! lol