PDA

View Full Version : 2 Characters to die in Potter 7

.:SpIcYsPy:.
27-06-2006, 18:07
Two characters will die in the final instalment of the Harry Potter series, author JK Rowling has revealed.

Speaking on Channel 4's Richard and Judy show, the 40-year-old writer would not be drawn on whether the boy wizard himself faces the chop.

But she said she understood why authors had killed off their main characters, saying that it stopped other people writing sequels to their books.

JK said that the seventh book was not finished, but she was "well into it".

She added: "I wrote the final chapter in something like 1990, so I've known exactly how the series is going to end.

"One character got a reprieve, but I have to say that two die that I didn't intend to die."

As for Harry, JK said: "I have never been tempted to kill him off before the final because I've always planned seven books and I want to finish on seven books.

"I'm not going to commit myself because I don't want the hate mail apart from anything else."

di marco
27-06-2006, 19:21
my sis told me about this earlier, i knew one character was definitely going to be killed, i dont know if it will be harry though

shannisrules
27-06-2006, 20:29
ye i heard it on gmtv this morning :D she was confirming that this was her last booka nd that 2 characters will definately die maybe even more and maybe one ofthem be harry otherwise they will be imporatnt characters? :hmm: but i dont think she'll kill harry off after all he is the boy who lived

Kim
27-06-2006, 21:47
my sis told me about this earlier, i knew one character was definitely going to be killed, i dont know if it will be harry though

That would be because of the prophecy, so one of them will have to be either Harry or Voldemort.

squillyfer
27-06-2006, 22:39
didnt she say one person has been saved from being killed off but she has killed two that she was going to keep

Chloe O'brien
27-06-2006, 22:58
I think one of them maybe possibly hadrig or ron as she did hint it might be one of the main characters

shannisrules
27-06-2006, 23:03
ye im guessing it will either be ron or hermionie or one of them because in the last book so far harry said he's going to train/fight voldermort on his own from now on and hes not coming back to hogwarts so maybe ron and hermione go looking for him then get cauught in the middle of a fight or something?

di marco
28-06-2006, 08:25
well my sis thinks the 2 characters will be ron and hermione, but im not sure that it will be both of them, possibly one of them though

di marco
28-06-2006, 08:29
That would be because of the prophecy, so one of them will have to be either Harry or Voldemort.

oh yeh i forgot about that lol! i just knew that it was definitely going to be one character being killed cos i remember jk rowling saying in an interview when book 6 was coming out. so if its got to be harry or voldemort, i think it will be harry that gets killed, cos it would be less obvious than harry defeating voldemort again

Katy
28-06-2006, 10:53
ooh sound exciting. I like the fact she has known how it is going to end. I reckon Harry will die, i don treally know why.

$sTaCeY$
28-06-2006, 19:20
i hope harry doesn't die please be voldermort that dies!! i think the 2nd character that it is going to die will be either ron or hermoine that gets killed

Pixie
09-07-2006, 00:19
i hope harry doesn't die please be voldermort that dies!! i think the 2nd character that it is going to die will be either ron or hermoine that gets killed

I'd rather it was Harry that dies rather than Ron or Hermoine

Layne
09-07-2006, 18:55
Yeh i heard this on GMTV, The last chapter is locked in a safe or something. She said that she wrote it along time ago and it has only changed very slightly. We all know that its going to be the lst book in that series, so i think that killing two of the characters is kind of good, not good but, well you can't go through all of what all the characters have been through and not be hurt etc. I have a feeling on who he characters might be, but we are all just going to have to wait and see!

Abbie
11-07-2006, 14:11
oooooo this sounds soooo exciting, i hope harry doesnt die though