PDA

View Full Version : Green Street

Xx-Vicky-xX
24-06-2006, 09:37
Anyone like this? i saw it at my friends a few weeks back, loved it, didnt think much to start with violent films are not really my thing especially when its violent about football but it got really good so i decided to get it for my birthday as my brother's copy wont work as its pirate copy so yeh what do we think of it?

CrazyLea
24-06-2006, 14:03
I wasn't too keen on watching it to start with, but once It started, it was really good!! And sad when that guy died :( and Joel Beckett was in it :p bless him :p

Xx-Vicky-xX
24-06-2006, 14:05
I wasn't too keen on watching it to start with, but once It started, it was really good!! And sad when that guy died :( and Joel Beckett was in it :p bless him :p

Yeh it gets really good when Matt gets beaten up in that ally but fights back and earns respect from Pete and the lads

Yeh Joel is in it but he dont really have much of a role does he

CrazyLea
24-06-2006, 14:06
Which ones Matt, it's ages since I saw it? Is that Elijahs character?!?
And nah he doesn't but he's stil cool in it :p

Xx-Vicky-xX
24-06-2006, 14:08
Which ones Matt, it's ages since I saw it? Is that Elijahs character?!?
And nah he doesn't but he's stil cool in it :p

Yeh Matt is played by Elijah Wood his the 'Yank' that gets kicked out of Harvard and comes to England to stay with his sister which is Pete's brother's wife

CrazyLea
24-06-2006, 14:09
Ah yeah I remember. I felt sorr for his sisters husband, and his sisterm cause he was trying to stop and he got really badly hurt didnt he? if i remember right?

Xx-Vicky-xX
24-06-2006, 14:16
Ah yeah I remember. I felt sorr for his sisters husband, and his sisterm cause he was trying to stop and he got really badly hurt didnt he? if i remember right?

Matt's sisters husband Steve saw a fight ages ago where Tommy's son's head got damaged and he died Tommy then vowed to make a member of GSE (Green Street Elite) pay for the death of his son, it was at this point that Steve backs out of leading GSE and hands it over to Pete. At the pub when they all know Matt didnt do history but journalism someone leaves the GSE and goes to Tommy to get him to deal with it but Tommy is still after Steve for not doing anything to save his son, so when he knows his in the pub he goes down to kill him and he almost succedes.

Katy
24-06-2006, 14:43
How weird is that, i watched this in my ethics lesson and your right it is really good. Elijah wood wasnt very good in it though, i didnt find him very believable.

Xx-Vicky-xX
24-06-2006, 19:55
How weird is that, i watched this in my ethics lesson and your right it is really good. Elijah wood wasnt very good in it though, i didnt find him very believable.

I thought he was fab in it as Matt, although i must say i thought he would have been a bit more upset than he was about Pete being killed

Rach33
25-06-2006, 09:26
Love that film saw it at the cinema last year and I have it on DVD I think it's fabbie

Xx-Vicky-xX
25-06-2006, 10:17
Love that film saw it at the cinema last year and I have it on DVD I think it's fabbie

Yeh fab film totally love it watched it again this morning it gets better and better every time i watch it

Rach33
25-06-2006, 18:15
I know exactly what you mean me and Helen went to see it in the cinema and cried our eyes out at the end

Xx-Vicky-xX
25-06-2006, 19:03
I know exactly what you mean me and Helen went to see it in the cinema and cried our eyes out at the end

I never cried but it is sad when Pete dies i didnt want him to i wanted Tommy to die i know Pete is violent and not really someone you should like but i did he was sweet to Matt

Rach33
25-06-2006, 19:11
Yeah he was sweet and he was sooooooo cute with those kiddies he was teaching and he had a fab body *goes off into day dream about Charlie Humman's body wrapped only in a towel*

Ok ok I know I'm weird but I did cry I couldn't help it

you should have heard me and Helen in the cinema when Joel Neckett came on screen we squealed really loudly

Xx-Vicky-xX
25-06-2006, 21:08
Yeah he was sweet and he was sooooooo cute with those kiddies he was teaching and he had a fab body *goes off into day dream about Charlie Humman's body wrapped only in a towel*

Ok ok I know I'm weird but I did cry I couldn't help it

you should have heard me and Helen in the cinema when Joel Neckett came on screen we squealed really loudly

Hell yeh Charlie Hunnam is fit, not so much in Green Street but the interviews with him on the dvd they are nice as he has hair, i dont cry about things on tv/ film etc really but yeh it is sad when he dies his face got so damaged you cant even tell its him

In the interviews on the DVD they were saying no one got injured except one person just getting scratched on the floor, that fight at the end looks so real, damn good make-up id say.

I thought they would have made Matt a bit more upset than he was about Pete dying like that.

Ive seen the film 3 times now and when i watched it this morning it wasd the first time i noticed the following

Terry (Joel) tells Steve Pete died
Matt did actually get jumped it was nothing to do with Pete
Matt recorded that druggie admitting he set Matt up
Matt was thinking of that druggie when Pete told him to stand his ground and fight by thinking of someone he hates

Rach33
25-06-2006, 21:32
Hell yeh Charlie Hunnam is fit, not so much in Green Street but the interviews with him on the dvd they are nice as he has hair, i dont cry about things on tv/ film etc really but yeh it is sad when he dies his face got so damaged you cant even tell its him

In the interviews on the DVD they were saying no one got injured except one person just getting scratched on the floor, that fight at the end looks so real, damn good make-up id say.

I thought they would have made Matt a bit more upset than he was about Pete dying like that.

Ive seen the film 3 times now and when i watched it this morning it wasd the first time i noticed the following

Terry (Joel) tells Steve Pete died
Matt did actually get jumped it was nothing to do with Pete
Matt recorded that druggie admitting he set Matt up
Matt was thinking of that druggie when Pete told him to stand his ground and fight by thinking of someone he hates

Did you ever see queer as folk Charlie Hunnam was in that he played Craig (i think) the gay teenager he wasn't as cute in that

I agree about Pete dying you would have thought he would have been more upset I mean for a few months they were really close and then he dies and Matt is like nothing really happened

I think I've seen the film five times and each time I notice more and more and scenes i haven't noticed

Xx-Vicky-xX
25-06-2006, 22:58
Did you ever see queer as folk Charlie Hunnam was in that he played Craig (i think) the gay teenager he wasn't as cute in that

I agree about Pete dying you would have thought he would have been more upset I mean for a few months they were really close and then he dies and Matt is like nothing really happened

I think I've seen the film five times and each time I notice more and more and scenes i haven't noticed

Nope i havent, hadnt even heard of him till i saw Green Street for the first time 3/4 weeks ago

Yeh they were like best mates for a while, at first Pete didnt really want to take Matt with him but he did and stuck up for him over his mate but he wasnt even bothered it was weird that bit cos you like have Shannon crying in the car because of what i assume is the fact er husbands brother died but i dunno for sure then it cuts to Matt seeing that druggie again its like what is Matt not bothered then

Yeh i notice stuff all the time, i have it on agaoin now i dont get the beginning who are them people they fight you dont see them again after this i dont think

Rach33
26-06-2006, 15:40
The people they are fighting are a rival footie supporters groups not 100% sure which one but it's after a match

I like noticing all the jobs these people seem to have like on of the group is a pilot and Pete's a teacher then there is this other side to them

I did like Matt singing at the end - I'm forever blowing bubbles he he

But his lack of remorse was a bit shocking it kind of tainted the end of the film cos they were really good mates and all of a sudden he's just getting on with his life

Xx-Vicky-xX
26-06-2006, 15:57
Yeh totally he should have been more effected by it.

I wonder if that gang is the Milwall lot ie Tommy's Firm

Anothing thing i noticed lastnight When Matt turns up in England the police are there cleaning up glass and its from that fight at the beginning

Rach33
27-06-2006, 16:50
Yeah I noticed the glass and the telephone box thing the 2nd time I watched it

It could have been it was definately a local team but not sure which one

Xx-Vicky-xX
28-06-2006, 07:36
Watched it again lastnight noticed a few more things ive not noticed before (it seems everytime i watch it i notice something new)

Both Pete and Shannon tell you who that gang was in the beginning Pete says something like "Tottenham is up north mate are you lost" and Shannon says something like "Welcome to match day madness Tottenham were in town lastnight"

Another thing i noticed was when Pete is trying to have a go at Matt he is so trying not to laugh its that bit when Matt shouts cops and tried to kick Pete but Pete gets his leg he actually smiles a bit while trying not to laugh all through out that little bit up to when he tells him not to call it Soccer

Rach33
28-06-2006, 14:42
There you go all our questions answered he he am looking forward to getting home and watching it all over again

I remember that scene well he sort of grabbed his leg and Matt was all over the place it was very funny

diamond1
28-06-2006, 15:24
Both Pete and Shannon tell you who that gang was in the beginning Pete says something like "Tottenham is up north mate are you lost" and Shannon says something like "Welcome to match day madness Tottenham were in town lastnight"

well tottenham are a north london team there was most likley a match and they where in the east end catching a train back

Xx-Vicky-xX
28-06-2006, 15:25
There you go all our questions answered he he am looking forward to getting home and watching it all over again

I remember that scene well he sort of grabbed his leg and Matt was all over the place it was very funny

Listen for Pete to say that about Tottenham and look for Pete to try not to smile/laugh when he is having a go at Matt

Xx-Vicky-xX
29-06-2006, 15:39
Rach get in my fanart thread i think youll love it in there :p

Xx-Vicky-xX
29-06-2006, 16:01
Rach you know at the beginning when Matt is at the airport and he goes "My name is Matt Buckner about a month ago i got kicked out of Harvard, what i was about to learn no_______school could ever teach me" what is that word in that space

Edit:Never mind found a script from the film