PDA

View Full Version : Bye bye Kate Harwood.

Richie_lecturer
22-06-2006, 16:19
Diederick Santer takes over in the Autumn as KH moves to a senior role in the BBC Drama department. John Yorke and Kate will still have a say in the direction of the show, but DS takes over the day to day running of EE.

Diederick has worked on Cutting It, Peak Practice and Touching Evil.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2006/06_june/22/drama.shtml

DaVeyWaVey
22-06-2006, 17:55
Thanks for posting. So is this actually true or is it a rumour? Because i just read the article and it seemed pretty much true to me. I thought Kate Harwood was a good executive producer, she really got Eastenders on the up again, i just hope the next executive producer of EE will do some great work.

Richie_lecturer
22-06-2006, 17:56
It's from the Press Office so it's definately true.

crazygirl
22-06-2006, 20:04
well good she has done nothing for eastenders

callummc
22-06-2006, 23:39
well good she has done nothing for eastendersI agree with you,and i think she knows that and she's getting out before things get worse,

crazygirl
22-06-2006, 23:49
I agree with you,and i think she knows that and she's getting out before things get worse, yup or before she gets he sack

callummc
23-06-2006, 12:36
clever lady,since the day she took over ee has only had a few decent storylines yet to some people shes the saviour of the show,for me ee is worse than ever,the poor man who is taking over will get the blame for ee decline unless he manages to turn it around,ee have still not managed top slot in the ratings,yes they are still winning awards but they allways do,the press and critics are being kinder probably cos they dont want to cross john york ,but fans ae critisising more than ever,ee have still not learnt to listen to fans and not the press,

Richie_lecturer
22-10-2006, 22:54
Kate has all but cleared her desk out now. Diederick takes over in the morning.

alan45
22-10-2006, 23:07
While she was bad I dont think she was as bad as Louise Berridge
She binned , Barry, Ricky, Natalie, Roy and Paul. She introduced the Borrerias, Andy the pantomime gangster, Dennis the plaank Woodman, raised from the dead Webcam Man.

Pinkbanana
22-10-2006, 23:10
Kate has all but cleared her desk out now. Diederick takes over in the morning.

Oh I thought Kate did a fairly decent jobby really.....:p I think she had a pretty tough job on her hands to be fair to the woman.

Hope this Diederick chappy is going to be a decent replacement, well only time will tell, I guess.....the prove will be in the pudding, as me ol' grandmother would say!:)

alan45
22-10-2006, 23:14
I wonder if he will do as most new soap producers do an weild the big axe and chop some of the dead wood from EE

Pinkbanana
22-10-2006, 23:21
I wonder if he will do as most new soap producers do an weild the big axe and chop some of the dead wood from EE

Oh I do hope so :) (rubs hands in glee). I have a list I could give him starting with Keith, Bert and Deanoooooooo.

callummc
23-10-2006, 01:21
there's a rumour going around thay gary,minty and gus are for the chop,dont know if its true,to be honest i would sack all but a few,in fact i'd axe the show and start again cos these days i can take it or leave it i get bored after 10 minutes and start channel hopping

Babe14
23-10-2006, 07:32
Well good ridance Kate. I now no longer watch Enders so they may as well axe the soap it has had it. One things for sure it definitely isn't the Enders I have grown up with.:)

Enders is all doom and gloom now, no one is allowed any happiness anymore they always have to die.

Jessica Watson
23-10-2006, 10:44
Thanks for posting. So is this actually true or is it a rumour?
It's true. Kris Green a soaps reporter for Digital Spy confirmed the date and time of which he takes over on Friday. :cool:

He starts the new job today.

Mr Humphries
23-10-2006, 11:10
Fingers crossed, he gets the support he needs in this job. Maybe an axe is need to chop the dead wood. Minty, Gary, The Millers, Jus, Naomi, Bert, and of course Sean Slater !

EE Rocks
23-10-2006, 12:11
I don't agree that EE is all doom and gloom. Right so how many deaths have there being this year? Not a lot!! Okay so we've had Danny and maragaret (yet she wasn't ever a full time character anyway) and more recently Johnny, soo Danny was in March and now Johnny dies in October!! 6 months apart, the way some people go on:mad: you'd think there was a death every day which there isn't. There havent hardly been any depressing storylines either (tho' some like to think soo), maybe just 1 (downs dyndroms storyline but thats it). Come to think of it there hasn't been much deaths this year at all, they've just made them leave not die soo........ To be honest Emmerdale was all doom and gloom earlier this year as well, what after the OTT home show explosion it was for months, corrie was with Mike and now fred. I hate when people just say ee when corrie and emmerdale have had there fair share but noo there emmerdale and corrie no one dare disses them. I dont watch emmerdale no more , i think its s*it same with corrie, that has to be the most over-rated, over-hyped show ever:mad: . Anyway, good to know she isnt leaving fully, yes she has made some mistakes (ie getting rid of Demi and rosie) but on the whole i think shes been great. I look forward to the new producer coming.:thumbsup:

Babe14
23-10-2006, 12:18
Minty, Gary, The Millers, Jus, Naomi, Bert, and of course Sean Slater !

I like Minty and the Millers so I can't agree there, but I do agree with the others espec Sean Slater (he really is a waste), add to it Charlie, Peggy, Deano..

Babe14
23-10-2006, 12:24
Right so how many deaths have there being this year? Not a lot!! Okay so we've had Danny and maragaret (yet she wasn't ever a full time character anyway) and more recently Johnny,

Jake Moon, Dennis Rickman, Andy Hunter, Dennis Watts, Pauline Fowler (to come)

I don't agree that EE is all doom and gloom.

I am entilted to express my own personal views just as you are yours without anyone trying to make something of it:) Thank you

April Fool
23-10-2006, 13:35
Do not use SBS for disputes that are based on other forums

Mr Humphries
23-10-2006, 16:41
Well Done Jojo !

Well I am looking forward to the new executive producer, and if he does wave his axe, then so be it, I am sure it will be for the best. There is alot of dead wood, and lets face it, we are never all going to agree on who should stay and who should go !

Richie_lecturer
23-10-2006, 17:56
It's true. Kris Green a soaps reporter for Digital Spy confirmed the date and time of which he takes over on Friday. :cool:

AFAIK he confirmed the date, not the time. I did that. :cool:

Richie_lecturer
23-10-2006, 17:59
To be honest Emmerdale was all doom and gloom earlier this year as well, what after the OTT home show explosion it was for months, corrie was with Mike and now fred. I hate when people just say ee when corrie and emmerdale have had there fair share but noo there emmerdale and corrie no one dare disses them. I dont watch emmerdale no more , i think its s*it same with corrie, that has to be the most over-rated, over-hyped show ever:mad: .
Did you need to bring those shows into the equation? I mean mention them sure if you want to but if you want to rant about the quality of other shows, go on another thread on this site.

Thank you. :)

Richie_lecturer
23-10-2006, 18:03
Fingers crossed, he gets the support he needs in this job. Maybe an axe is need to chop the dead wood. Minty, Gary, The Millers, Jus, Naomi, Bert, and of course Sean Slater !
Keep Sean, for now...

AXE:
Gary
Minty
Bert
Deano
Kevin
Carly
Chelsea
Squiggle
Owen
Denise
Gus
Dawn
Mickey
Darren
Keith
Naomi
Phil
Peggy
Billy
Honey
Charlie
Big Mo

I think that's it for my list. :o

Mr Humphries
23-10-2006, 18:11
I think we have all had our say now and this needs either closing or joining up with the other similar thread about axing people !

Chris_2k11
23-10-2006, 18:21
DeniseI thought you liked Denise? Or the actress anyway? I definitely wouldn't axe her, I think she's been the best addition to the show this year. She's one of my favourite characters and a good actress I think. :)

crazygirl
23-10-2006, 18:23
Keep Sean, for now...

AXE:
Gary
Minty
Bert
Deano
Kevin
Carly
Chelsea
Squiggle
Owen
Denise
Gus
Dawn
Mickey
Darren
Keith
Naomi
Phil
Peggy
Billy
Honey
Charlie
Big Mo

I think that's it for my list. :o there's only Patrick and Yolande left :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Richie_lecturer
23-10-2006, 18:30
There's a few more that I have saved dear! :)

I thought you liked Denise? Or the actress anyway? I definitely wouldn't axe her, I think she's been the best addition to the show this year. She's one of my favourite characters and a good actress I think. :)
I did, but I have been disappointed with both the way the character has been portrayed and rammed down our throats day in day out, and even the actress at times has been a bit limited imo. Shame, as I liked her in The Bill. :(

Chris_2k11
23-10-2006, 18:35
I see what you're saying, she does seem to be in most episodes these days. Same with Stacey (minus the holiday her and Bradley are on).