PDA

View Full Version : Laptop keys

Tori
22-06-2006, 13:32
Does anyone know how to repair keys which have come off on a laptop. my comma button came off last night and it doesn't seem easy to repair so i wonder if anyone knows how to *comma* or will i have to send it back to dell? (it's still under warranty)

any help would be appareciated :)

Siobhan
22-06-2006, 13:40
Does anyone know how to repair keys which have come off on a laptop. my comma button came off last night and it doesn't seem easy to repair so i wonder if anyone knows how to *comma* or will i have to send it back to dell? (it's still under warranty)

any help would be appareciated :)

send it back.. if it is still under warranty then use it...

alan45
22-06-2006, 13:59
Its a simple matter just to push it on, just make sure you have it the correct way up. Send it to Dell and you willwait a few weeks

Tori
22-06-2006, 14:04
Its a simple matter just to push it on, just make sure you have it the correct way up. Send it to Dell and you willwait a few weeks

we tried pushing it on but it doesn't work you press the button and the comma doesn't come up if you get what i mean

Meh
22-06-2006, 15:04
we tried pushing it on but it doesn't work you press the button and the comma doesn't come up if you get what i mean

Depends on how the key is structured. Sometimes there is a metal bar underneath which needs to be positioned correctly on the pad before you push it on

Kim
22-06-2006, 16:09

I was on a laptop in science today and the spacebar was like that. I assume someone pulled it off and shoved it back on to avoid getting into trouble. I told the teacher and they put it on the list to be sent for repair, so I assume you will need to send it away.

Tori
22-06-2006, 16:35
Depends on how the key is structured. Sometimes there is a metal bar underneath which needs to be positioned correctly on the pad before you push it on

underneath where the key is normally there is a circular thing then around it a metal square with bits coming out from it is that what you mean?

Meh
22-06-2006, 18:04
underneath where the key is normally there is a circular thing then around it a metal square with bits coming out from it is that what you mean?

yup. you need to set it so pushes the key back up

Tori
22-06-2006, 19:08
yup. you need to set it so pushes the key back up

righties. this would be so much easier if my dad hadn't used double sided masking tape to try and stick it back on! do the two bits on the underside of the key need to be sticking out to slot it onto place then?