PDA

View Full Version : Odd One Out

x Amby x
08-06-2006, 18:57
My 2 best mates both have boyfriends and im the odd one out! They're always hanging around with them now and im stuck on my own with my other matse, they're always talking about them as well! I live them and everything because they're my best mates. They keep saying to me Oh you need on now, but im not ready to have a oyfriend yet, and none of the boys at my school fancy me because im not the thinnest thing on the shelf, they just all see me as a friend, what shall i do?

feelingyellow
08-06-2006, 19:57
Don't even listen to your mates about getting yourself a boyfriend, you don't have to get one just because they do. Just say to them that boys come and go, but friends are forever and if they want to go out with boys then fine - just don't talk about them all the time as you don't want to - you had other things to talk about before their boyfriends - you can still talk about those things and that if they want to hang out with them they can, but not all the time as they need their girly mates especially if things don't work out with their boyfriends.
Hope this helps :)

x Amby x
08-06-2006, 20:01
Thanks Emmie! You're right! Ive invited them over tomorrow night for a girls night in! so we cna have a good bitch and a gossip! lol x

feelingyellow
08-06-2006, 20:35
Thanks Emmie! You're right! Ive invited them over tomorrow night for a girls night in! so we cna have a good bitch and a gossip! lol x

You're welcome :)
Lol yay! :D Hope it goes well hun! :D xx

di marco
08-06-2006, 20:46
yeh i agree with yellow, it doesnt matter whether you have a boyfriend or not, and if you feel like you dont want one then your mates should respect that, just cos they feel like they have to have a boyfriend doesnt mean that everyone should have one all the time. try and be interested when they talk about their boyfriends, but they should also realise that they need to talk about other things as well, boys arent the be all and end all, at your age, its unlikely that theyre going to stay with their boyfriends that long anyway, so although they might want to spend some time with them, you all also need to spend some time together as mates. you might be feeling the odd one out atm, but once your friends have been going out with these boys for a bit, the novelty of the new relationship will wear off a bit, and you shouldnt feel like you should get a boyfriend just cos they all have one. and im rambling now so im going to stop lol! :)

pip_kin
16-06-2006, 15:33
i have the same prob with all my mates im like the only single one but its alot easier than having a boyfriend, from what my friends say boyfriends sound like alot of work!! just dont let it get to you and enjoy ya freedom!

shannisrules
16-06-2006, 16:29
boys will be be boys..... lol erm dont get a boyfriends unless you want one or you really like someone whats the point in getting someone just for the sake of it? it'll be fine and one day you never know you may end up with the right man if you go out with someone because your friends are they'll most likely get dumped within a week and all the tears wil show its best to wait