PDA

View Full Version : Any tips on how I can prepare Will for the arriveal of no2??

willsmummy
28-05-2006, 20:01
Will will be 21 months old when the baby arrives in September. Does anyone have any tips on how I can prepare him? It's difficult as he's so young and doesn't have a great understanding of things like this. Did anyone else have this gap between their children?

ELLIE_BEAN
29-05-2006, 08:30
I've got a two year old and have and my new baby is now five weeks old. So far I haven't had any problems. When we bought Tommy home we gave James a present from Tommy which i think helped but James was fairly excited about having a baby (though he always wanted a sister) all through my pregnancy. Also try and spend as much time as possible with the older child when the baby is asleep to make him/her feel special.

Hope this helps

Jojo
29-05-2006, 10:07
I have a three year gap, so double yours, but so far have had no jealousy problems or anything. I've made sure that I've involved Ciaran in everything, even if its just passing a wipe when changing Liam's nappy etc. Bought Ciaran a present from him, when he was first born. Requested that when family members bought a present for the baby, that they get something small for Ciaran too and got Ciaran to open them etc.

Whenever the baby is asleep, try and give Will loads of fuss and hugs so he doesn't feel pushed out and hopefully he'll be fine.

September! Wow, not long to go now then!! Good Luck and keep us updated :D

willsmummy
29-05-2006, 10:41
Thanks ladies. I had thought of the pressie idea. Will is obsessed with Thomas the Tank Engine, so I think something like that might be a good idea. I keep on trying to tell him that he is going to have a baby, so hopefully it will sink in! I'm not overly worried to be honest, but I keep going into a panic thinking about whether Will is going to be jealous! I am sure it will all be fine.

Only 3 and a half months to go! I can't believe it!

samantha nixon
20-06-2006, 20:10
aww your baby is due soon and as long as you include will he will be fine also i thought most people do the present thing alll the time anyway

Jojo
20-06-2006, 22:48
Having experienced it first hand, you would be surprised at how many people forget about the other sibling when a new baby is born - all the focus tends to go onto the new baby. I personally had to remind people about including my other sons when Liam was born, so unfortunately, whilst its not meant, it doesn't always happen