PDA

View Full Version : Top gear

Pages : [1] 2

Siobhan
15-05-2006, 14:01
Did anyone see it this week? They took over a radio station to do the 4-6pm slot with Clarkson doing the traffic report :rotfl::rotfl:

Excellent stuff again from this team!!

pookie1968uk
15-05-2006, 14:24
to be honest i forget to watch the new series but watch a lot of the old ones on sky. it is a brilliant series though and great to watch. they are so un PC which is a refreshing change and very funny!!!!!

Siobhan
15-05-2006, 14:37
I think what I like most about it, that it is not your typical "car" program. Lots of other shows have taken stuff from top gear and failed badly. It is also the guys who make this show, clarkson, may and hammond

Katy
15-05-2006, 14:58
i watch the odd episode, it is very funny. I love Richard Hammond. He is so funny. I remember one when they were playing conkers with caravans that had me in hysterics.

Jojo
15-05-2006, 20:46
OMG - it was so funny!!! Mrs Smith phoning in complaining about Jeremy's alternative traffic reports!! :rotfl:

Love Little Richard :wub:

Fantastic episode - I've wondered for so long now who is The Stig!

And can anyone tell me whose dog it was, as I missed the very beginning

ELLIE_BEAN
16-05-2006, 08:45
OMG - it was so funny!!! Mrs Smith phoning in complaining about Jeremy's alternative traffic reports!! :rotfl:

Love Little Richard :wub:

Fantastic episode - I've wondered for so long now who is The Stig!

And can anyone tell me whose dog it was, as I missed the very beginning

The dog is the shows mascot (they mentioned it on the week befores show) it's a labradoodle which if i remember rightly they called "top gear"

dddMac1
16-05-2006, 16:08
yea seen it but i'll watch it now and again

pookie1968uk
22-05-2006, 14:14
did anyone watch it last night? my husband and i were hysterical laughing when they had to convert their vehicles to boats, drive them down the M6 and sail them on a reservoir!! very very funny!!!:rotfl:

Siobhan
22-05-2006, 14:16
did anyone watch it last night? my husband and i were hysterical laughing when they had to convert their vehicles to boats, drive them down the M6 and sail them on a reservoir!! very very funny!!!:rotfl:

I watched it.. Richard Hammond was so funny "so was it tea or coffee you wanted".. He didn't even put foam in the car to help it float.. The bit at the end with himself and clarkson trying to get of the car before it sank was hilarous.. I laughed so much.. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Jojo
22-05-2006, 14:29
omg and when James sat reading Gay Times whilst waiting for the engines to cool down !! Brilliant entertainment!! :rotfl:

Siobhan
22-05-2006, 14:55
omg and when James sat reading Gay Times whilst waiting for the engines to cool down !! Brilliant entertainment!! :rotfl:

that was really funny.. it was a great show last night

Dutchgirl
22-05-2006, 20:49
I laughed my pants of at the boath thingy. It was hysterical! Those guys you love or hate em!:rotfl:

dddMac1
23-05-2006, 16:14
it was funny when they had to change the vehicles into boats

emma_strange
09-07-2006, 23:01

Haha i loved that ep. I liked the one with the big sail that had problems even getting to the reservoir!

Jojo
08-08-2006, 11:52
The BBC has rejected 500 objections about the behaviour of Top Gear hosts.

The corporation says the tone of the show is both irreverent and provocative, and viewers must be understanding about the kind of language likely to be used on the show.

A recent statement explained that no one was safe from "the team's acerbic comments and observations," adding that "were the presenters' comments and pranks carried out with any degree of seriousness... we would of course take issue with them."

The show has been no stranger to controversy, having previously received complaints about both James Mays' comment about cannabis and Jeremy Clarkson's Nazi salute.

Jojo
08-08-2006, 11:54
If like me you were wondering what was meant about James May's cannabis joke, here is what it was all about:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Top Gear presenter James May has landed himself in hot water after joking about taking drugs.

The former bus driver claimed in a recent episode that he used to smoke cannabis as he drove his passengers.

"Being a bus driver was the easiest job I have ever done," he explained. "It was easier than sitting around on this show because there were no cameras around. Because you're not being filmed when you're a bus driver, you can just light up and have a joint."

A spokesperson for the busmen's union told the Daily Star, "It would be highly irresponsible to drive any vehicle whilst under the influence of drugs. It is not something that he should joke about. Bus drivers bear a great duty of care to their passengers. I am disappointed by James May's actions and would hope that looking back on them, he would make an apology."

A spokesman for the BBC insisted that the comments were made "in jest".

"The Top Gear team's irreverent sense of humour is familiar to the regular audience," he said. "The comment was not to be taken seriously."

pookie1968uk
26-01-2007, 17:49
Topgear is back on sunday on BBC2 at 8pm.
i for one cant wait for it!!

Jojo
26-01-2007, 22:42
They are going to be showing Richard Hammonds crash on it too apparently...

I can't wait - have been watching repeats on UKTV Gold whilst waiting for the new series to start!

Abi
26-01-2007, 22:45
I haven't watched this too much before, but this new series looks good, from what i read in the Radio Times interview with the 3 of them. The crash will be a bit strange to see, but i guess they can't air the show without showing it at some point, so they're just getting it out of the way, so they can move on. Thats what Richard Hammond said, at least!

Abigail
28-01-2007, 19:32
I can't wait either. I love watching them fool around with cars and caravans. Especially the episode where they went caravanning and the ripped the side of the caravan open on a bollard. That was hilarious.
Hope this series will be as good as the last.
I think they need to show the crash cos people will just email and write in begging them to show it forever. At least once its been shown they can wrap the whole situation up and move on.

Chloe O'brien
29-01-2007, 00:02
Welcome back to the hamster. Loved the entrance tonight with all the showgirls but I did have a lump in my throat when they showed the crash. He really was one lucky fella

Jessie Wallace
29-01-2007, 00:05
I missed the entrance, but i saw it on the news, but i'd remembered it was on before they showed the crash, i'd not realised it was his 3rd go, so the first 2 times i was watching with my fist's all clenched. But wow what a lucky guy.
His comment before he went on the first go, was a bit un-nerving to hear tho! And very propetic (sp?)

Dutchgirl
29-01-2007, 09:37
Welcome back to the hamster. Loved the entrance tonight with all the showgirls but I did have a lump in my throat when they showed the crash. He really was one lucky fella
I know what you mean. I felt the same. :eek: My husband saw the tyre in the first run and immediately said that tyre is going to blow up, it does not look good.
The show is back on the road, and so is their funny outlook on things. The road repair item really cracked me up.:lol:

Dutchgirl
29-01-2007, 09:41
I missed the entrance, but i saw it on the news, but i'd remembered it was on before they showed the crash, i'd not realised it was his 3rd go, so the first 2 times i was watching with my fist's all clenched. But wow what a lucky guy.
His comment before he went on the first go, was a bit un-nerving to hear tho! And very propetic (sp?)
I found his words disturbing, my husband suggested it might be taped afterwards, but I think his eyes do not look the same as they did so indeed it was prophetic.

Siobhan
29-01-2007, 09:58
I have to say, I was like you Dawn.. first 2 times my heart was in my mouth.. you could see Richard was reliving in over and over.. but i am glad it was the usual top gear stuff.. Great entrance and taken the piss out of him was funny.. loved James May giving him the tissue.. It was brilliant. Glad it is back on a screens with a full team :thumbsup::cheer:

pookie1968uk
29-01-2007, 15:34
it was great to see all 3 presenters together again and glad they showed the accident first so they can get on with the rest of the series. it was a great start for a great show!

Siobhan
29-01-2007, 15:40
The road repair item really cracked me up.:lol:

I laughed so much at that.. the bit where James threw the megaphone under the steam roller and then when Richard went to the chipper for 75 fish and chips.. it was classic stuff..

Bad Wolf
29-01-2007, 17:36
watched it last night with a huge group of people (in the pub) and you really could hear a pin drop while they were on the crash item at the end, my heart actually stopped. i loved how he said they were never to mention it again now - he really does want to move on

the road repair was hysterical -- clarksons "inspirational" speeches were he ripped off every famous political speech known to man was comedy genius, as was his motivator music!!!

the whole item was comedy genius

Abigail
29-01-2007, 19:22
Just where did they get the idea from to redo a road in 24hrs? That was hilarious from start to finish :rotfl: Jeremy with his speaches and megaphone :rotfl: - until James threw it until the roller.

You could see at the end when they showed the crash that Richard was looking more uncomfortable after each section of the vid was shown. But they responded to it in usual TG style and took the piss out of it. There was a change in Jeremy when he was "interviewing" him, almost like he was really bothered about how it was going to be shown to the public or how they would perceive it. Jeremy being sensitive! I think Richard has the right idea, put it to bed and never mention it again.

Abbie
29-01-2007, 22:27
I saw on another site where they were saying was it right for them to show the cras and I thought yes if Richard was happy for them too.

Siobhan
30-01-2007, 10:55
I saw on another site where they were saying was it right for them to show the cras and I thought yes if Richard was happy for them too.

both Richard and his family were happy to show the crash.. if they are ok then so should everyone else.. this was closure for them all, especially Richard who wants this to be the end of it.. I loved his thank you that he gave to hospital and everyone who supported him... Well done TG..it was done well

Jessie Wallace
30-01-2007, 12:23
Definatly Shiv, it does done well, with the humour, but not pushing that side of it too much. And also with the actual seriousness of it.

Chloe O'brien
30-01-2007, 12:31
The interaction between the presenters show that how well they get on and how much they respect each other having them making fun of Richard by giving him tissues and asking him if he's a mental is their way of hiding behind the mask that things could have been so tragically different. It was a great way to start of the new series and the roadworks report was brilliantly done.

brooksyrules
30-01-2007, 14:39
i thought it was ok i am just glad richard is ok cant believe the speed he was going glad he is better

pookie1968uk
31-01-2007, 09:33
TOP Gear beat Celebrity Big Brother in the ratings war in Britain on Sunday night.

The BBC2 motoring programme, which featured footage of Richard Hammond's life-threatening crash in September, was seen by 7.9 million viewers.

The finale of Channel 4's reality show, in which Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty was crowned this year's winner, attracted 5.8 million.

Top Gear got a peak of 8.6 million viewers when the high-speed crash was shown, while Big Brother reached 7.3 million at its height.

The BBC show had a 27.8 per cent share of viewers, while Celebrity Big Brother got a 20.9 per cent share, according to unofficial overnight statistics.

The figures set a new record for Top Gear, whose previous high was 5.3 million in August last year.

A Top Gear spokeswoman said: "It's great to have Top Gear back and in such good form."

Hammond, nicknamed the Hamster by TV sidekicks Jeremy Clarkson and James May, was filming a stunt for the show when he crashed the jet-powered dragster at 288mph (463km/h).

But the father of two left hospital just five weeks after the high-speed accident.

Footage of the dramatic crash were broadcast in the first episode of the new series of the BBC show.

alan45
31-01-2007, 10:51
For those of you who missed it. Its repeated tonight 8pm BBC2

Siobhan
05-02-2007, 11:27
I know last week was a bit of a special one, showing the accident, but the guys have not let me down.. Excellent again this week. great fun and I still laugh at it all. Loved the whole bit with them all on the golf course.. I laughed so much :rotfl::rotfl:

Jojo
05-02-2007, 11:38
Absolutely brilliant last night!

Did you see about there being complaints about last weeks show from brain injury charities for James passing Richard a tissue and for Jeremy asking him if he was mental? If they'd watched the show regularly they'd know it was just 3 mates having a laugh and nothing to be taken seriously!

The golf course was hilarious and seeing James driving at 252mph was a sight we aren't going to see again in a long time!

Siobhan
05-02-2007, 11:47
Did you see about there being complaints about last weeks show from brain injury charities for James passing Richard a tissue and for Jeremy asking him if he was mental? If they'd watched the show regularly they'd know it was just 3 mates having a laugh and nothing to be taken seriously!

they have said and done much worse than that.. did you hear Jeremy saying that hugh grant was better looking and had a smaller tongue than Jamie Oliver.. as you said, it was 3 mates having a laugh and if they watched regularly they would know it was all in jest. World has gone PC mad and needs to snap out of it

Jojo
05-02-2007, 11:53
I was in stitches when Jeremy said driving that car was like falling down the stairs wearing calipers aswell :rotfl:

I didn't take offence to that and my grandfather had to wear calipers prior to being chair bound.

Why can't people just have a laugh these days anymore arrrggghhhhhh :angry:

pookie1968uk
07-02-2007, 21:37
i think that if anyone is going to be offended by things that are said then they shouldnt watch!
i enjoyed the interview with hugh grant and thought he was really funny. the golf course bit was really funny and yes, it was great to see james doing the fast driving for a change as they always joke about his slowness!!

Dutchgirl
08-02-2007, 08:28
They are so hilarious! It has nothing to do with testing cars, you can see they have so much fun making the show. Sometimes they take the piss of really everything. It used to be a consumer' s programme, but they turned it around with their unbelievable chemistry. Super to watch, my husband never missed it and I started to watch two years ago it has me in stitches every time. They way they make fun of cars, other drivers and the celebrities.:cheer:

But who is the Stig!!!!! I' m still guessing.:hmm:

Katy
08-02-2007, 08:33
Did you see the size of that Volkswagon test circuit. It was amazing.

Its sucha great programme.

Dutchgirl
08-02-2007, 08:37
Did you see the size of that Volkswagon test circuit. It was amazing.

Its sucha great programme.

I have been to the Volkswagen factory in the 1980's (1985:o )that was huge as well, the size of Monaco. Went there on a school trip. But unfortunately we didn't go to the circuit.

Abigail
08-02-2007, 10:12
I was in stitches when Jeremy said driving that car was like falling down the stairs wearing calipers aswell :rotfl:

I didn't take offence to that and my grandfather had to wear calipers prior to being chair bound.

Why can't people just have a laugh these days anymore arrrggghhhhhh :angry:

I loved his little demonstration :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

At least we have some light relief in the form of these three while the rest of the country goes mad on PC.

Abigail
11-02-2007, 22:44
I laughed so much at tonight's episode. When "Jezza" came riding up in his car with a dead cow on the top then reversed to get it off the roof was just hilarious :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I wonder what they did with the rest of the cow and how they skinned and gutted it.

I watched the credits at the end and The Stig was credited as Roscop P Stig. I've googled it and it hasn't brought anything up. It's the first time I've seen The Stig credited as any other than that.

Jojo
11-02-2007, 22:56
But if you looked at the other credits - all of the people in the "background" were Billy Bob someone or other. Its taking the mick out of Rosco P Coltraine (sp?) from Dukes of Hazzard I think JB.

Oh that was such a hilarious episode though - I haven't laughed so much in ages - I was laughing so much I was almost crying, at one point thought I was going to start crying instead. My stomach hurt - ohhhh brilliant!!

When they had painted each others cars and then went through red neck country - Richard with Man Love on the side of his pick up, James with Hilary for President and Jezza with Country and Western is crap or words to that effect etc :rotfl: :rotfl:

Abigail
11-02-2007, 23:01
Ah right, I'm not familiar with Rosco Coltraine or The Dukes of Hazzard.

Richard's car was hilarious with "Man Love Rules OK" plastered on the side of it.

Has to be one of the best shows they've ever produced.

Pinkbanana
11-02-2007, 23:22
Oh that was such a hilarious episode though - I haven't laughed so much in ages - I was laughing so much I was almost crying, at one point thought I was going to start crying instead. My stomach hurt - ohhhh brilliant!!

When they had painted each others cars and then went through red neck country - Richard with Man Love on the side of his pick up, James with Hilary for President and Jezza with Country and Western is crap or words to that effect etc :rotfl: :rotfl:

OMG...I totally agree JJ, it was sooooooooooooooooooo funny...I really was nearly in tears from laughing so much!:rotfl:

Top Gear has to be one of the best progs on TV!:bow:

Jojo
11-02-2007, 23:25
Next weeks looks brill again too - trying to launch a robin reliant!! :rotfl: Only on Top Gear. Definitely one of the best programmes on the box at the mo. Long may it reign!!

Siobhan
12-02-2007, 09:16
I have never laughed so much at a program that wasn't a comedy.. that was one of the best top gears in a while. The slogan on the cars were just so funny, getting chased by the guys.. The dead cow on the car.. I just laughed and laughed :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Just a quick thing.. did anyone else tv go black when they were been chased, just before they went to phone camera???

Bad Wolf
12-02-2007, 09:22
loved last night - your right the tv did go black - its when they had to stop filming and run awar from the red necks!!!!!

never laughed so much!!! clarksons observations about america were so funny,

Siobhan
12-02-2007, 09:39
loved last night - your right the tv did go black - its when they had to stop filming and run awar from the red necks!!!!!

never laughed so much!!! clarksons observations about america were so funny,

Oh good.. thought I missed something.. how funny was Hammond saying he was not going to peel a cow!! :rotfl::rotfl:

and for those who missed the Alabama scene.. relive it on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajWS8gCJOac

Bad Wolf
12-02-2007, 09:50
just rewatched!!!

those red necks meant business - they were going to die!!!!

the mating with vegetables comment was comedy

snapper
12-02-2007, 11:32
It was superb TV, one of the best ever I think. Laugh a minute that episode.:)

Chloe O'brien
12-02-2007, 11:54
Last night's episode had to be one of the best in Top Gear's history. It was priceless. my eyes wer red with crying with laughter.

Sam-Elle
12-02-2007, 12:01
Personaly im not a big fan of top gear but to tell you the truth, now i proberly am. It made my day yesterday...

One thing that stood out for me was Hammond and Clarkson breaking James' air conditioning :rotfl: "im hitting it with a spatula"
loved the entire thing really, alabama, crocodiles, cow on a car, roadkill - best hour of tv ive proberly ever watched.

Siobhan
12-02-2007, 12:12
Personaly im not a big fan of top gear but to tell you the truth, now i proberly am. It made my day yesterday...

One thing that stood out for me was Hammond and Clarkson breaking James' air conditioning :rotfl: "im hitting it with a spatula"
loved the entire thing really, alabama, crocodiles, cow on a car, roadkill - best hour of tv ive proberly ever watched.

Yeah.. another person has joined the "we love TG fan club" :rotfl::rotfl: I have always loved this show

Chloe O'brien
12-02-2007, 12:15
We would never have had this hilarity in Raymond Baxter's day you know.

Siobhan
12-02-2007, 12:16
We would never have had this hilarity in Raymond Baxter's day you know.

no you wouldn't.. I use to hate when my dad turned it on as a kid but then when Clarkson joined, it got interesting and then more and more interesting... he is genius

Bad Wolf
12-02-2007, 12:22
Yeah.. another person has joined the "we love TG fan club" :rotfl::rotfl: I have always loved this show

where do i sign up???? TG is brill - best thing on a sunday night

pinkles14
12-02-2007, 12:37
Last night episode was good bad timing for his car to need a jump start
and the bit with the cow on the roof i couldn't stop laughing :)

Dutchgirl
12-02-2007, 16:13
What was all that about, it was a great laugh, stupid American cars, a dead cow? Well they deserved that "Holiday", they always work so hard.

No I loved everything about it. TG is brill.

:thumbsdow But I couldn't believe what a mess New Orleans still is, it is a disgrace!
Uh and creepy Alabama. Luckily not all of the USA is like that.

Abigail
12-02-2007, 23:07
The whole episode was comedy genius. You really couldn't make it up. It's better than some of the "comedy" rubbish we get.

Cow on the roof... just where did he get that cow from?? And Richard saying "I'm not peeling a squirrel" repetedly :rotfl: :rotfl: Oh how I laughed.

Did you see some of the comments on youtube? Some guy posted that this episode was probably the worst he'd ever seen!!! Some people have no sense of humour.

pookie1968uk
13-02-2007, 11:51
that has got to be one of the funniest top gears of all time. i laughed and laughed. so much of it was funny, but the cow! that was hilarious! do you think they really ate it? they didnt even have a knife to cut it did they?

Abigail
13-02-2007, 19:47
and for those who missed the Alabama scene.. relive it on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajWS8gCJOac

The BBC have now pulled it from youtube because of copyright.

I wonder if they did eat it pookie. I'd love to know what they did with the cow. It wasn't exactly roadkill though. Where did theyget it from, thats what I'd like to know. Did they go to a farmer's field and steal a cow?

It's repeated tonight on bbc2 at 8pm and I think it's also repeated later in the week.

Chloe-Elise
16-02-2007, 19:52
The last episode was aboslutely hilarious, the cow bit was so funny! Liked the air-conditioning bit aswell, but the whole thing was brilliant.

Chloe O'brien
18-02-2007, 01:06
I had to watch it again tonight on bbc3 as I was laughing so much last Sunday I missed some of the comments. The scene in Alabama was the best when they pulled up outside that garage and woman came out and started yelling at them,then a truck full of guys arrived to chase them out of town. Although it must have been reallly scary for them and the camera crew. It still was hilarious "Man loves rules OK" Priceless

Abigail
18-02-2007, 14:54
I can't believe how many times it's repeated throughout the week. It's on on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday and now Saturday. (I'm not complaining though :) )

Back to normal tonight. Here's the synopsis from ITV:

"Richard Hammond and James May try to make a space shuttle out of a Reliant Robin, while Jeremy Clarkson puts the new Porsche 911 Turbo through its paces. The Stig takes to the track in a souped-up Mercedes SL, and actor Simon Pegg opts for a more modest vehicle as the Star in a Reasonably Priced Car"

A space shuttle? :lol: That should be funny :thumbsup:

Chloe O'brien
18-02-2007, 15:04
I saw a clip of that during the week. The have the reliant robin attached to the rocket to see if it can fly. They're bonkers the three of them.

Sam-Elle
18-02-2007, 15:30
I saw a clip of that during the week. The have the reliant robin attached to the rocket to see if it can fly. They're bonkers the three of them.

I wouldnt call them bonkers - bonkers is a bit of an understatement :rolleyes:

Jojo
18-02-2007, 22:16
Yet again, a brilliant show!

Simon Pegg was hilarious. The Reliant Robin - excellent, but such a shame the one bolt let it down. It was doing everything it was supposed to until it didn't do the final breakaway.

And when Jezza started chainsawing through the Cool Board cos of Richard putting up the bike pic :rotfl:

Abi
18-02-2007, 22:40
And when Jezza started chainsawing through the Cool Board cos of Richard putting up the bike pic :rotfl:

That bit had me in fits!

I've only really started watching this, this series. But its really good!! And i'm not even into cars that much- its just so funny! :rotfl:

Siobhan
19-02-2007, 09:57
Again what a fantastic show this week again.. the rocket reliant FAB!!! and the chainsaw to the cool board had me in fits laughing.. :rotfl::rotfl:

willow
19-02-2007, 11:10
I was laughing so much i nearly fell off the sofa!!!! fantastic as usual!!!

Chloe O'brien
19-02-2007, 12:20
It's a shame that they didn't manage to land the rocket. It would have been brilliant if they had pulled it off. I loved the part with Hammond trying to fly that airplane and it went through the window.

pookie1968uk
19-02-2007, 17:11
you could feel the tension in the air as everyone waited to see if the rocket would work! such a shame it didnt but it was still amazing to see it launch into the air.
great show as always!

Siobhan
26-02-2007, 10:46
Didn't think they could top the crash, but they did with the american episode, didn't think they could top that but they did with the reliant on a rocket and then last night.. the Tractors :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: I love this show more and more!!

Taken the piss out of Jeremy over K.S. Thomas.. Loved every bit of it especially when they were talking about the hair cut!! It was brilliant :clap::clap: can they get any better?

alan45
26-02-2007, 10:52
These three guys must have the best jobs in the world. Even better they get paid for it. I wonder how much of the banter is ad-libbed or is it all scripted.

Siobhan
26-02-2007, 11:04
These three guys must have the best jobs in the world. Even better they get paid for it. I wonder how much of the banter is ad-libbed or is it all scripted.

Most of it is ad lim I reckon... they get on well together so most of the banter is just mate having a laugh..

Jojo
26-02-2007, 11:47
Richard Hammond driving through the village in his massive tractor - I for one wouldn't have driven it over that rickety "bridge" though.

Hilarious when The Stig was driving them round the track and ended up falling out of his seat when driving Jezza's :rotfl:

Fighting over whats in a Ploughmans, James dumping the entire seed into one splodge on the field, James and Richard holding up a Jezza loves Kristen S.T banner - great stuff as always.

pookie1968uk
26-02-2007, 16:37
the stig looked so funny bouncing up and down on the tractor seat! you get so used to seeing him in cars that he looked so funny in a tractor with a racing helmet on!
looking forward to them making their own limo's next week!

Abigail
27-02-2007, 22:42
Jezza even had his hair cut and wore a suit for Kristen S-T :rotfl:

The feld ploughing and sowing was hilarious. Richard trying to get his plough working, James doing his own thing and Jezza just steaming along in wavy lines was so funny :lol:
Can't wait for them to harvest it this year.

Jojo
04-03-2007, 22:30
OMG I was in stitches again tonight! Those stretch limo's - absolutely hilarious!

I have to say, I couldn't blame Lamaar - James isn't exactly chat king, although I was surprised that he up'd and got out.

I haven't laughed so much since last Sunday and can't wait for the new series to start again - why can't it be on for longer :(

Chloe O'brien
04-03-2007, 22:40
I laughed so much at the scene with Jeremy and Richard playing ten-pin bowling in the car that Marley heard me in her room. I would have expected the celebrities to have a better sense of humour.lol

Jojo
04-03-2007, 22:43
Oh no - the funniest bit had to be when Richard was trying to steer James car and the steering wheel came off in his hands.... :rotfl:

Or maybe it was when Jezza's cars front section came off and he drove Chris Moyles the final distance in the front end only...:rotfl:

Or it could have been when Jezza and Richard all set fire to their cars when cutting them in half...:rotfl:

Or maybe it was just all of it! I know I was crying with laughter again though, just like I always am! They have soooo got to make the series longer!

pinkles14
04-03-2007, 22:44
I agree tonights episode was so funny with the limos the way chris moyles had to get to his seat.. every corner Jeremy went round his car hit something...
very good carnt wait till the next series..

Jojo
04-03-2007, 22:46
OMG thats just reminded me - Jezza's carpet burns when he was trying the board out when Richard braked in order to exit quickly!! :rotfl:

willow
05-03-2007, 07:34
it was just so funny!!!! we laughed so much!!!!
then shouted very loudly at the tv when they said it was the end of the series, looking forward to the comic relief thing they are doing!!!

Siobhan
05-03-2007, 09:12
Oh no - the funniest bit had to be when Richard was trying to steer James car and the steering wheel came off in his hands.... :rotfl:

Or maybe it was when Jezza's cars front section came off and he drove Chris Moyles the final distance in the front end only...:rotfl:

Or it could have been when Jezza and Richard all set fire to their cars when cutting them in half...:rotfl:

Or maybe it was just all of it! I know I was crying with laughter again though, just like I always am! They have soooo got to make the series longer!

It was all of it.. I havent' laughed this much since last sunday's one.. it was so funny :rotfl::rotfl: and if they are like that normally, then I can only imagine what the comic relief one is going to be like!!!

Can't wait for the next series.. this show gets better and better each season

snapper
05-03-2007, 09:14
I think this series has been particularly good, not laughed so much in a long time, and as for Jezza's stunt putting his picture in his paper section was class - very clever and showed his logical thinking Cant pick a fav moment from last nights show, it was a laugh a minute throughout.:clap:

Abigail
06-03-2007, 09:33
I loved James' car. Didn't quite get the two direction drive thing though :rotfl: :rotfl: He'd make a good chauffer though, as long as his didn't talk.

Richard's car was just class. A sports limo. Why didn't anyone think of that before??

And Jezza's limo... what can I say about that? Even though he shortened it from 47ft to 40ft he still managed to hit every bollard in London :lol: :lol:

I think Lemar was playing up to the camera a bit when he had a go at James and got out.

Can't believe the series has finished :crying: :crying: Why can't they make it longer?? Looking forward to the comic relief version. That should be hilarious.

pookie1968uk
09-03-2007, 14:04
i thought this series was one of the funniest yet. i really enjoyed it.the limos were so funny. chris moyles was so funny in jeremy's limo.
yes it is a shame there are only 6 programmes in the series but i suppose they are expensive to make.

Siobhan
09-03-2007, 14:09
i thought this series was one of the funniest yet. i really enjoyed it.the limos were so funny. chris moyles was so funny in jeremy's limo.
yes it is a shame there are only 6 programmes in the series but i suppose they are expensive to make.

I have a feeling it was because of the crash so they only got 6 done before it happened and they didn't want to do more without him but that is just my guess. I watch the Lemar bit again and I am sure it was fake him reacting like that.. James gets lost all the time so it was a setup (that is the way it looked to me)

brooksyrules
10-03-2007, 12:15
it is just funny i really love hammo he i so funny and gorgeous i also like richards limo when they were playing bowling and when he had a phone around his head and when he was in his suit

Abigail
12-03-2007, 22:03
In Jezza's Saturday column in The Sun he said that the voice over person had said that they would be back in the summer. Jezza said that wasn't true and they won't be back this summer.

Jojo
13-03-2007, 06:31
The BBC have also emphatically denied this, saying they will be back for a Summer Special and a new series in the Autumn with all three presenting still.

Abigail
15-03-2007, 21:17
Comic Relief Top Of The Pops special, Friday 16th March (tomorrow) 10pm BBC2

Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May do their bit for Comic Relief, creating their own version of the iconic music show. With regular Top Gear features including the Cool Wall, absurd challenges and reviews of the pop world

Siobhan
16-03-2007, 10:04
I am so watching that tonight and straight after on BBC 1 is the Apprentice!! I wonder who gets fired

Abigail
17-03-2007, 21:00
Brilliant performance from The Top Gear Band last night.
Loved the dry ice and wind when one of the bands were performing :) Not quite sure about the chicken on the stage though...

Chloe O'brien
17-03-2007, 23:30
Loved the ending of the programme with Jezza dropping his drum sticks and Hammond shouting what are you doing:rotfl:

Siobhan
20-03-2007, 10:52
How funny was the start of the show with Jeremy unplugging the band and calling them gizzy tissue!! :rotfl::rotfl: and the top ten fastest songs in the chart.. I love every bit of it and laughed so much

pookie1968uk
20-03-2007, 12:43
this was a briliant show. i was having withdrawal symptoms after the series finishing so this was great! james was so funny how he pronounced some of the bands!

Siobhan
20-03-2007, 12:52
this was a briliant show. i was having withdrawal symptoms after the series finishing so this was great! james was so funny how he pronounced some of the bands!

yeah, both him and clarkson said it was Grace Kelly singing Mika.. they don't have a clue!! As richard said, it is like discussing music with his dad

Abigail
04-08-2007, 22:15
Top Gear is finally back. It's been on on the last two Sundays showing the Polar Special. This week it's the winter olympic games.

Sunday 05 August
8:00pm - 9:00pm
BBC2

Winter Olympics Special

The Top Gear team hit Norway for a Winter Olympics special in which they attempt Olympic events, but with cars. In a world first, the team fire a rocket-powered Mini off a ski jump, Jeremy and James tackle the Biathlon with the latest 4x4s, Richard stages a game of car ice hockey, and the new Jaguar XK races a speed skater.

brooksyrules
05-08-2007, 13:04
Top Gear is the best show in the world They are so funny Richard is the best presenter but they are all good in their own way Cant wait for the new series

Siobhan
06-08-2007, 09:05
Top Gear is finally back. It's been on on the last two Sundays showing the Polar Special. This week it's the winter olympic games.

Sunday 05 August
BBC2

Winter Olympics Special

The Top Gear team hit Norway for a Winter Olympics special in which they attempt Olympic events, but with cars. In a world first, the team fire a rocket-powered Mini off a ski jump, Jeremy and James tackle the Biathlon with the latest 4x4s, Richard stages a game of car ice hockey, and the new Jaguar XK races a speed skater.

JB, they are repeats from Last year but still worth watching.. I watched last night when they put the mini down the ski slope. very funny.. Can't wait for the new series to start over

Abigail
06-08-2007, 11:50

Sunday 05 August
BBC2

Winter Olympics Special

JB, they are repeats from Last year but still worth watching.. I watched last night when they put the mini down the ski slope. very funny.. Can't wait for the new series to start over

Ah righty, I didn't realise, I've not seen those episodes before. Last night's episode was hilarious with the rocket powered mini.
Any idea when the new series starts?

Siobhan
06-08-2007, 11:53
new series won't start until late Autumn.. they have to wait to see if their crops grow from last series.. I can't wait for it to start again.

Jojo
06-08-2007, 12:05
:rotfl: I'm still in hysterics thinking about James trying to do his red line and sliding down the ski jump slope, and then Richard trying to dig a mark and the same thing happening - funniest bit seeing him on the walkie talkie sliding down the slope on his back whilst talking to Jeremy.

Oh and the realisation that he'd built the "wall" at the bottom of the wrong slope. :rotfl:

Siobhan
06-08-2007, 12:26
Oh and the realisation that he'd built the "wall" at the bottom of the wrong slope. :rotfl:

that was pure genius.. I loved it last time it was on and it was just as funny second time around..

Oh Top gear challenges are out on DVD.. for the last 2 series, most of the funny ones are there except the Alabama one

Jojo
06-08-2007, 12:42
that was pure genius.. I loved it last time it was on and it was just as funny second time around..

Oh Top gear challenges are out on DVD.. for the last 2 series, most of the funny ones are there except the Alabama one

I'm soooo going to have to get me the DVD

Chloe O'brien
07-08-2007, 18:08
Aw how come the Alabama was is not there. That episode was legendary. :rotfl:

Siobhan
08-08-2007, 09:05
Aw how come the Alabama was is not there. That episode was legendary. :rotfl:

I have no idea but it was also pulled from youtube.. maybe they are releasing another DVD for challenges... I really hope so..

Chloe-Elise
08-08-2007, 10:47
I can't wait for the new series, the race to the North Pole last week was brilliant.:)

pookie1968uk
11-08-2007, 23:23
the north pole top gear gave me a fix to keep me goingtill the new series. my husband has got a subscription to the top gear magazine too which is really good.

pookie1968uk
30-08-2007, 16:15
does anyone know when the next series is on? im really missing top gear!

Abigail
01-10-2007, 09:41
Top Gear is back on Sunday.

Top Gear
Sunday 7th October on BBC 2 from 8:00pm to 9:00pm
New series. Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May take three lightweight supercars across Europe in search of the continent's best roads, and Jeremy investigates Volkswagen's decision to put a Bentley engine into a Golf. Helen Mirren is the Star in a Reasonably Priced Car

Siobhan
01-10-2007, 09:47
Top Gear is back on Sunday.

Top Gear
Sunday 7th October on BBC 2 from 8:00pm to 9:00pm
New series. Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May take three lightweight supercars across Europe in search of the continent's best roads, and Jeremy investigates Volkswagen's decision to put a Bentley engine into a Golf. Helen Mirren is the Star in a Reasonably Priced Car

That is the best news I have heard today... fantastic.. love it

pookie1968uk
01-10-2007, 14:15
I cannot wait for the new series to return on sunday. i have been watching far too many repeats and dvd's and am now craving some new stuff!

Chloe O'brien
01-10-2007, 19:27
I seen a picture in the back of the sun magazine on Saturday saying that it was back for a new series Yipee!!! :cheer:

StarsOfCCTV
01-10-2007, 20:12
:cheer: Yay:cheer: I normally hate car programmes but Top gear's just hilarious :D

Abigail
05-10-2007, 18:56
I don't know if any of you have signed up for the newsletter. This is this month's issue. You can sign up here http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/newsletter.shtml I'll put the pics in another post.

Issue 1, October 07
Feeling like you've been left out in the cold? Fear not, the new series of Top Gear is ready to make a full-throttle return to BBC Two this Sunday, bringing some warmth back into your weekends.

The new series
This series you're being treated to a proper full-fat ten episodes. We'll be driving everything from the tiny Peel microcar to the mighty Veyron, and taking on some extraordinary challenges involving exotic locations, amazing vehicles, and even a man with a rocket-powered rucksack.
American fly-drive adventure

Newsletter clip
By subscribing to the Top Gear newsletter, you're one of the lucky few to have access to this special montage video of our US fly-drive spectacular http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/clip_newsletter.shtml As you take a look at some of the best bits from our US odyssey, bask in the knowledge that no-one outside the Top Gear studio has ever laid eyes on this.

Pointless Top Gear trivia
Did you know that several of the Aston Martin-based driving sequences in the deeply cool Bond film Casino Royale were filmed at Top Gear's humble test track? This is a mere taster of some of the irrelevant factoids you can find on Top Gear's mobile site along with our weekly quiz, wallpapers, etc... http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/mobile.shtml

Watch and rate our Greatest Hits
For a programme that's constantly accused of being 'obsessed' with speed, it's telling that the most popular clip, as voted for by you, is an interview with a man who walks everywhere http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/clips.shtml?34

We're always adding to our selection of Top Gear's finest challenges, races and interviews - so keep coming back.

Polar special
In this one-off Top Gear extravaganza, our presenters raced one another across the Arctic Circle to the North Pole. Even by our standards, this was a big one, and represented one of the most challenging shoots we've ever undertaken. Take a look at what went on behind the scenes http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/show/production_notes/polar_special.shtml

Clear your schedule, disconnect the phone, or at the very least set your recorder, because Top Gear is back on BBC Two on Sunday 7 October, at 8pm.

However, just in case you get trapped under a big rock or something, BBC Two will be repeating the show at 7pm on Wednesday 10 October - which should hopefully give you time to free yourself.

Abigail
05-10-2007, 18:59
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/6979/newsletterastonwhitefu5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/1450/newsletterpolarmainmf1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/1450/newsletterpolarmainmf1.765b0e3725.jpg (http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=515&i=newsletterpolarmainmf1.jpg)

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/2221/newslettershuttle2whitedk2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/8274/newsletterusa2whitepq9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/6764/newsletterveyronwhitejx3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/8015/newsletterpolar2whitert9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Abigail
07-10-2007, 16:00
As we take the tyre-warmers off a new series of Top Gear, the wait’s almost over. We’ve got ten whole episodes of excellent-ness ready to unleash on your Sunday night viewing schedule, and you simply won’t believe what Messrs Clarkson, Hammond and May have been up to over the past couple of months.

So, for one night of the week at least, you can banish cookery and home-improvement programmes from your screen and enjoy some good old-fashioned petrol-based fun.

In episode one, we decided to find the finest driving road in Europe. Coincidentally, Lamborghini, Porsche and Aston Martin have recently seen fit to release a brace of new lightweight road-racers in the form of the Gallardo Superleggera, 911 GT3 RS and V8 Vantage N24. To quote Hammond, I think you can see where this is going.

Also in the first programme, Jeremy takes to the test track in an improbably powerful VW Golf, and we put a monarch (sort of) in our reasonably priced car when Dame Helen Mirren comes to visit.

Later in the series, we’ll treat you to a selection of massive challenges and stunts. You’ll see the glorious return of the amphibious cars, in a voyage that makes the crossing of a reservoir look a tiny bit feeble. We put the biofuel we grew last series to seriously good use. And we spend an entire programme in Africa as our intrepid presenters attempt one of our wildly over-ambitious, but cheap, races.

Also: it was massively delayed, gave some of the finest engineering minds in Europe nervous breakdowns, and is too expensive for all but the richest Arab potentates - and that’s just the car. Find out what happened when the Bugatti Veyron met the Eurofighter.

It might surprise you to know we’ve even thrown in some road tests and reviews of the most exciting and interesting cars to hit the road - including the latest Ferrari, Porsche-baiting new Audi R8 supercar and hotly tipped Caparo T1.

So, stop the clocks, silence the dog with a juicy bone and cancel anything you were planning to do on Sunday evenings for the next ten weeks - Top Gear is back!

Sunday 7, 8pm BBC Two

Repeated Wednesday 10, 7pm on BBC Two

Siobhan
07-10-2007, 22:06
Well they didn't fail to deliver a fantastic episode again.. Loved the boys back together... and K. Nob on the car.. getting of the ferry holding everyone up.. there was so much stuff going on.. oh not forgetting blaming Fifth gear for burning the warehouse... genius, funny and brill as usual :thumbsup::bow::clap::clap:

Abigail
07-10-2007, 22:25
Class episode. Loved the bit at the beginning where Jeremy said something about not lying to viewers (to do with the recent "phone scandals") and then the camera panned to Richard standing on a box.

James made me laugh towards the end of the second part of the film when he took his clothes off in the car and poured water over himself :rotfl:

Can't wait for next week :cheer:

Chloe O'brien
07-10-2007, 23:45
Was he naked in that car :rotfl: Brilliant start to the series love the part going through Switzerland and the road was closed because of a cycling race.

Dutchgirl
08-10-2007, 09:48
Thoroughly enjoyed last night episode, it was so funny. Loved the Limbo. what a car.

Siobhan
08-10-2007, 09:55
The cool wall :lol::lol: so funny

Abigail
08-10-2007, 10:06
Coming up this week:

Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May revisit their attempt to build amphibious cars, and are faced with one of their toughest challenges yet. The Audi R8 takes to the track and Jools Holland tests his driving ability as the Star in a Reasonably Priced Car

pookie1968uk
08-10-2007, 14:33
really enjoyed this weeks but not sure about richards new hairstyle!

Abigail
08-10-2007, 21:25
really enjoyed this weeks but not sure about richards new hairstyle!

Neither am I. The emo look doesn't really suit a 30-something guy. Get it cut Richard!

StarsOfCCTV
09-10-2007, 00:03
The hair's got to go...has he had highlights as well?! :lol:

Siobhan
15-10-2007, 09:12
How great was it last night.. I laughed so much.. the bit with the pipes and then they tried to sale to france in the cars... Only Jeremy's one made it... :lol::lol::lol:

pookie1968uk
15-10-2007, 13:53
it was so funny last night. i cant believe they were allowed to go to dover and sail their cars in the sea with ferries and huge ships passing by!!!!
i felt so sorry for james as his car had done well in the last series on the reservoir but sank in the sea!!

Siobhan
15-10-2007, 14:03
Did you see the size of the ships they were beside.. I reckon they would have made it within the time if they knew which way they were going...

StarsOfCCTV
15-10-2007, 16:53
That episode was hilarious :lol: I know the ships were HUGE! Suprised they weren't swallowed up by one when they were dodging the shipping lanes!

Loved the bit where James and Hammond were floating in the middle of the channel with the thermos flask and James said "I'm sick of sinking, frankly" :rotfl:

They might have made it on time but it was hilarious when they rocked up on some random french beach and all the french people cheered :lol:

Great episode :thumbsup:

Abigail
15-10-2007, 18:50
I don't think I've ever laughed so much. I thought it was hilarious when they all put foam around the engines then stared in wonder when it started smoking :lol:

The smoking pipes at the top of the show was really good. God knows why Jeremy put the bowl end full of tobacco in his mouth :rotfl:

I'm liking the political digs every week. So funny :thumbsup:

On a more serious note, did anybody read about Top Gear being axed in the BBC's cost cutting exercise?

StarsOfCCTV
15-10-2007, 19:09
I don't think I've ever laughed so much. I thought it was hilarious when they all put foam around the engines then stared in wonder when it started smoking :lol:

On a more serious note, did anybody read about Top Gear being axed in the BBC's cost cutting exercise?

Yeah,,SO funny when they were driving along and the cars filled with smoke and after a while Hammond just started grinning and looked like he was high in his car :lol:

I feel a petition coming on if they do decide to axe it! (They better not):p

pookie1968uk
16-10-2007, 19:30
Did you see the size of the ships they were beside.. I reckon they would have made it within the time if they knew which way they were going...

i said to my husband when they launched their boats, do they even know the way to go!!!

Abigail
16-10-2007, 19:55

i said to my husband when they launched their boats, do they even know the way to go!!!

Instead of following the ships that were going to the same place they went straight across the shipping lanes and carried on going. Typical men :rotfl: :rolleyes:

Abigail
28-10-2007, 11:26
Tonight's episode:

This week you can see the battle of the budget busters as the mighty Bugatti Veyron races the Eurofighter. Jeremy also takes commuting to bold new heights as he drives the world's smallest car to the Top Gear office.

Plus, James will be climbing aboard the new Rolls-Royce and probably having a thoroughly nice time. And the new Ferrari will be getting a comprehensive thrashing on the test track.

Also in the studio, Jeremy chats to Ronnie Wood of the Rolling Stones and we take an exclusive look at the new million-euro Lamborghini Reventon.

StarsOfCCTV
28-10-2007, 12:49
Jeremy in the worlds smallest car :lol: Now that I got to see :lol:

Jojo
28-10-2007, 23:15
That was the funniest episode I have managed to watch (its the only one I've managed to watch too :( )

Jezza in the car, the conversation about use of tampons - I was crying with laughter!!

Siobhan
29-10-2007, 09:36
I want one of those cars.. it would be perfect for me to get to and from work and I can just bring it in to the office...

I love the bit with the tampons and how James uses them.... so so funny :lol::lol:

a Lambourgine, a ferrari and a bugatti in the one show... how amazing are those cars.... Great show, loved every minute

frankihope
29-10-2007, 13:04
My Fiancé is car mad and over the two years we have been together thankfully he has got me into topgear!

The little car Jeremy was driving had us in stitches!!! Love the references to fifth gear too..... no way compares to the quality and humour of topgear

StarsOfCCTV
29-10-2007, 18:23
:lol: James and tampons..was crying with laughter too..
and Jeremy in the car can't believe its that small! :lol:

pinkles14
29-10-2007, 23:00
That was a good episode with james and his tampons and jeremy in his little car very funny :lol:

I Thought Someone might complain about them smoking the pipes....

pookie1968uk
30-10-2007, 11:19
this was a really good episode. jeremy looked so funny in that little car and the newsreaders getting involved too. i think we should all have one of those cars lol!

Abigail
30-10-2007, 11:47
I want one of those little cars. Only downside is there's no reverse. it was so funny when Diarmud turned him round at the traffic lights and they went to green.

The buggati made a comeback! I love that car. If I win the lottery that's the first thing on my list to buy.

James's talk about tampons - he knows way too much about them for a guy.

Abigail
02-11-2007, 21:05
ormula 1 star Lewis Hamilton is to appear on BBC Two motoring show Top Gear.

The 22-year-old will take a spin on the programme's test track for the 'Star In A Reasonably Priced Car' segment.

Hamilton revealed that he had been a long-time fan of the show when he presented host Jeremy Clarkson with a Special Recognition Award at Wednesday's National TV Awards. He told the crowd: "Growing up, Top Gear was always one of my favourite shows. I share the same passions as Jeremy - fast cars, their speed and grace. He always makes me laugh.”

Clarkson responded: "We're looking forward to having you down [on the show] in a couple of weeks even though your boss said you can't drive anything that's not a Mercedes. We'll sort it out."

Hamilton will also appear as a guest on the last series of Michael Parkinson's chat show.

Abigail
02-11-2007, 21:06
The team travel to Africa where they are challenged to buy a second hand car costing no more than £1,500 and in no way designed to go off road and drive across the wilds of Botswana. Along the way they must negotiate salt pans, rivers and reserves full of animals while facing sweltering heat and suffocating dust SUB

Siobhan
05-11-2007, 10:58
This was really good last night.... loved Richard calling his car oliver and Jeremy and James stripping their cars to nothing... excellent stuff again from the guys

pookie1968uk
05-11-2007, 14:20
yet another really funny episode, this was the same kind of programme as last time when they went across parts of america. it was so funny with richard and the attachment to his little car! and when it sunk in the river!

Dutchgirl
05-11-2007, 15:57
The Africa challenge was so funny. It had a Mad Max feeling to it when they stripped the cars and where wearing special outfits against the dust.

They bought their cars in South Africa their licence plates started with GP ( Gauteng Province) my cousin has a Mercedes like James had, the damn thing wont break down, so she is stuck with it.:rotfl:

Abigail
05-11-2007, 23:49
Whenever something goes wrong, James: "Permission to say c***" :rotfl:

Great episode. Richard and Oliver was so funny, walking round the car talking to the camera man and stroking it.

Abigail
05-11-2007, 23:50
11/11/07

We take a sideways look at the dirty business of commuting in the capital, as Jeremy, Richard and James race each other across London.

Hammond's new hair-do gets tousled by the Aston Martin V8 Vantage Roadster in a race against a man with a rocket-propelled rucksack.

The hotly tipped Caparo T1 arrives on the test track, but will the weight of expectation stop it from knocking the Koenigsegg from the top of the lap board?

And our star in a reasonably priced car is pop impresario Simon Cowell.

Siobhan
06-11-2007, 11:50
Last week I watched the repeat (I wanted to see the tampon bit again cause I laughed so much) and I cried with laughter at the quote from Richard to james just before that

James said that they should "turf" the mayor and Richard responds with "is that code from that secret club you go to. You see a guy in a leather cap and say, I would love to turf him"..... I couldn't stop laughing :lol::lol:

They give each other some bad slagging....

Abigail
06-11-2007, 16:08
James said that they should "turf" the mayor and Richard responds with "is that code from that secret club you go to. You see a guy in a leather cap and say, I would love to turf him"..... I couldn't stop laughing :lol::lol:

Is James gay? That bit there that they were talking about and a bit after just made me think :hmm: is he gay?

I love these specials that they do, they're so funny.

Siobhan
06-11-2007, 17:02

Is James gay? That bit there that they were talking about and a bit after just made me think :hmm: is he gay?

I love these specials that they do, they're so funny.

I honestly don't know but I don't think so.. He is just a guy who plays piano and lives on his own.. he is not married so they take the piss out of him and say he is gay

Siobhan
12-11-2007, 10:02
Another great episode last night.. Love Simon Cowell on the show but have to say he is wrong... Top Gear is better than X factor.

Here is a preview for next week

Jeremy does his bit for global warming, sort of, by encouraging drivers to ditch their Range Rovers and Porsche Cayennes in favour of a 500bhp estate car.
James takes the Alfa Romeo 159 to the Humber River for a race against a very tall man wearing a giant condom.
Richard and James cause a few sleepless nights in the Ecclestone household by inventing a wildly destructive new motor sport.
The new Honda Civic Type-R tries its luck on the test track.
And England rugby hero Lawrence Dallaglio squeezes himself into our reasonably priced car.
Sunday 18 November, 8pm BBC Two
Repeated Wednesday 21 November, 7pm on BBC Two

Chloe O'brien
12-11-2007, 12:20
The race around London was brilliant. I can't believe that the Stig travelled around London on public transport and no-body gave him funny looks. The banter between Jeremy and Simon was top class. epecially the part when Jeremy asked him what band weren't signed to his record label and he said the Spice Girls. Then Jeremy said he liked them :rotfl:

Siobhan
12-11-2007, 12:28
How dare Cowell say X factor is better than top gear!! :nono: but comparing Richard to Danni was funny

StarsOfCCTV
12-11-2007, 18:10
The race around London was brilliant. I can't believe that the Stig travelled around London on public transport and no-body gave him funny looks. The banter between Jeremy and Simon was top class. epecially the part when Jeremy asked him what band weren't signed to his record label and he said the Spice Girls. Then Jeremy said he liked them :rotfl:

A few people gave him funny looks :p Loved the bit where he tried to read a newspaper and where he had the coronation street themetune on his phone and just stared at it :rotfl:

Who would buy that purple racecar?! The amount of safety they had there :lol:

Top gear is much better than the X-Factor :cheer: They have better banter :p

bubblegum_fairy
15-11-2007, 22:52
I'm loving Top Gear... I keep finding myself watching the repeats on Dave

Abigail
19-11-2007, 22:34
Sunday 25 November, 8pm BBC Two
Repeated Wednesday 28 November, 7pm on BBC Two
We pay homage to British Leyland, which at one time was the largest car manufacturer in the UK - well, at least during the brief periods when its workforce wasn't on strike.

Jeremy, Richard and James will be forking out for some used models from the infamous brand, before subjecting them to a series of tests designed to find out if they still have that special BL magic.

We'll also be taking a look at the new DBS :wub: :wub: from Martin, Aston Martin. Who knows, we might even get through the whole review without referring to a certain fictional secret agent. Damn!

Dutchgirl
26-11-2007, 13:20
Sunday 25 November, 8pm BBC Two
Repeated Wednesday 28 November, 7pm on BBC Two
We pay homage to British Leyland, which at one time was the largest car manufacturer in the UK - well, at least during the brief periods when its workforce wasn't on strike.

Jeremy, Richard and James will be forking out for some used models from the infamous brand, before subjecting them to a series of tests designed to find out if they still have that special BL magic.

We'll also be taking a look at the new DBS :wub: :wub: from Martin, Aston Martin. Who knows, we might even get through the whole review without referring to a certain fictional secret agent. Damn!
And they did not refer to you know who. Delicious car that DBS:love:.

Good show once again. Driving a mobile fish tank it was hilarious when they went over the kobbles.:rotfl:

Abigail
26-11-2007, 19:12
Sunday 2nd December on BBC 2 from 8:00pm to 9:00pm
Hold onto your cork-brimmed hats this Sunday as Vauxhall throws another V8-powered shrimp on our motoring barbie. This is just a mere taster of the cultural stereotyping you can expect when Clarkson checks out the replacement for the much-loved Aussie Monaro - the VXR8.

Renault temporarily loses its senses and hands Richard the keys to a full-blown Formula One car, and a Grand Prix star of a very different kind pays a visit to our studio.

Also in the show, Jeremy and James go in search of the car that set the mould for what we all drive around in today.

Abigail
06-12-2007, 21:14
Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson was called in for questioning by police after he was caught on camera confronting a group of yobs.

The TV star was having a family day out at Xscape ski centre in Milton Keynes for his daughter's birthday when the youths started harassing him.

He grabbed the ringleader by his hoodie and verbally threatened him. A 14-year-old girl recorded the incident on her mobile phone and showed it to police who called him in for questioning.

Writing in his column for The Times, Clarkson said of the incident: "I asked them politely to leave me alone. I walked away. I even walked away a bit more. But they kept coming.

"And so, figuring that attack was probably the best form of defence, I grabbed the ringleader by his hoodie, lifted him off the ground and explained, firmly, that it’d be best if he went back to his tenement…"

The yob accused Clarkson of assault but, after the CCTV footage was analysed, the police decided that there was no evidence that a crime took place.

They said that if anything Clarkson was "the victim" and that no further action would be taken.

Abigail
06-12-2007, 21:24
Top Gear
Sunday 9th December on BBC 2 from 9:00pm to 10:05pm
Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May enter a 24-hour endurance race at Silverstone, which proves to be one of their toughest challenges to date. Plus, James tests the Fiat 500 around Budapest and the Ferrari 430 Scuderia is placed in the capable hands of The Stig

Sunday's episode was excellent, James Blunt is so funny.
I think there are only two more episodes left of this series :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

Siobhan
10-12-2007, 12:57
This was brilliant last night, especially their FAKE sponsors so when the cars doors open it says **** biscuits and penis... The stig is so funny

Abigail
10-12-2007, 15:44
Excellent episode. Richard crashed. Again. :lol: James actually drove fast for a change :thumbsup: That was so funny when Jeremy said James had bought the wrong seeds to grow petrol.

No episode next week :crying: It the last episode the week after. What am I going to do on my Sunday nights now? :crying: :crying: :crying:

From the TG website:

Next episode
8pm Sunday 23/12/07

In a display of German firepower not seen since the Bismarck, we pit the BMW M3, Mercedes C63 AMG and Audi RS4 against each other in a quest to find the king of the V8 super saloons.

Richard builds himself the best radio-controlled car in the world, while James takes a considered look at the car designed to drag Jaguar kicking and screaming into the 21st century - the XF.

And, with it being our last show of 2007, it wouldn't be complete without the massively influential Top Gear Awards.

Plus, our Time Lord in a reasonably priced car is Dr Who star David Tennant.

pookie1968uk
10-12-2007, 20:38
cant believe we are near the end of another series, it goes too quickly!! it has been another excellent series too.

CrazyLea
10-12-2007, 22:01
It's annoying, just as I'm reallllyy getting in to Top Gear the new series finishes :lol:. Still got plenty of repeats which I haven't seen though. On Dave and UKTV something! :D.

Abigail
10-12-2007, 22:03
There's also a few DVDs out of the best bits and the big stuff that they do like the Arctic race from last series.

CrazyLea
10-12-2007, 22:09
I saw like complete seasons in Woolies yesterday as well as some other Top Gear dvds! If I had the money I would totally have bought them! :p.

Abigail
11-12-2007, 11:23
Top Gear calender 2008. I really want one.

http://www.play.com/Books/Calendars/4-/3472089/Top-Gear-Official-2008-Square-Calendar/Product.html#

pookie1968uk
11-12-2007, 14:18
i would love to know who the stig is. he was fantastic in that race they did round silverstone, really quick, very talented.

annette_tr9
26-12-2007, 23:53
the stig used to be perry mccarthy (ex f1 driver) but it isn't any more......

could be a different bloke every week really couldn't it!!!
we wouldn't know!

reckon it could still be an ex f1 driver though......johnny herbert?? damon hill???

Dutchgirl
27-12-2007, 12:29
the stig used to be perry mccarthy (ex f1 driver) but it isn't any more......

could be a different bloke every week really couldn't it!!!
we wouldn't know!

reckon it could still be an ex f1 driver though......johnny herbert?? damon hill???
I would love it to be Damon, but he is to tall. The Stig is not that tall.

Abigail
27-12-2007, 14:14
The current Stig is white. I saw a bit of his neck when they were filming the 24hr race show. It definately wasn't his fireproof head cover thing.

I'm gutted that the series has ended :crying: I hope it returns in March/April

Abigail
31-01-2008, 12:06
Comedian Omid Djalili has claimed that Top Gear's The Stig is F1 driver Lewis Hamilton.

The identity of The Stig, who races in the Star in a Reasonably-Priced Car feature on the show, has never been revealed by producers.

However, Djalili claims he has worked out that Hamilton must be the driver by questioning the show's bosses when he guested on the show.

"Do I know who The Stig is? Yes!" Djalili told Nuts. "When I was on Top Gear around two years ago, I asked the The Stig how old he was and he said, 'I'm 21' - the same age Lewis Hamilton would've been two years ago.

"And when I asked the producers who The Stig is, they said, 'All you need to know is that, in about two years' time you'll hear a lot about the person who plays him.

"They'll deny it of course because they're sworn to secrecy. I think it's part of the contract. But I'm telling you, it's Lewis Hamilton!"

pookie1968uk
17-03-2008, 14:31
BBC motoring programme Top Gear is to be turned into a live "theatre experience".

Top Gear Live will travel across 15 countries over the next 18 months. Jeremy Clarkson, 47, is taking part, and James May, 45, and Richard Hammond, 38, are also expected to sign up.

The Top Gear stars will receive a fee for their appearances, expected to be mostly on the British leg of the tour. The fee will be paid for by BBC Worldwide and not from the licence fee.

Local presenters of the programme are expected to front the show abroad, with some input from their British counterparts.

Money from ticket sales will be ploughed back into BBC programming through BBC Worldwide, which sells BBC output abroad.

BBC Worldwide said the show will "incorporate the drama of film and theatre with the thrills and spills of stunts and special effects".

The show will travel to Earls Court in London and Birmingham's NEC later this year.

Adam Waddell, managing director of Top Gear, BBC Worldwide, said: "Taking Top Gear Live on tour is tremendously exciting and ties in perfectly with our plans to reach out to audiences around the globe."

Abigail
17-03-2008, 18:53
Are these shows going to be televised so those that don't have tickets can watch?

pookie1968uk
18-03-2008, 20:29
i think they are a theatre production as oppose to their tv shows.

Abigail
09-06-2008, 00:32
According to Jeremy's Time column (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/jeremy_clarkson/article4038868.ece) TG is returning on the 22nd June.

Last paragraph:

Top Gear is back on your screens in three weeks.

:cheer:

thestud2k7
09-06-2008, 10:52
great news roll on 22nd of june:cheer: :thumbsup:

Siobhan
09-06-2008, 11:03

I am going to miss 2 weeks no fair... :crying::crying:

Abigail
09-06-2008, 11:35

I am going to miss 2 weeks no fair... :crying::crying:

I go on holiday on the 21st so I'll miss two weeks too.

Chloe O'brien
09-06-2008, 11:50
You will both get on the bbc iplayer while you are on holiday, so you don't miss any of the fun.

Siobhan
09-06-2008, 11:57
You will both get on the bbc iplayer while you are on holiday, so you don't miss any of the fun.

don't think I will be on my computer on holidays.. will be having fun with the kids and enjoying not doing anything computer related for 16 days..

Abigail
09-06-2008, 12:03

The iplayer doesn't work in countries outside the UK for legal reasons.

StarsOfCCTV
09-06-2008, 13:24

The iplayer doesn't work in countries outside the UK for legal reasons.

I don't see why they shouldn't allow that even if it was only available the watch online that would still be great :D It would save a lot of dvd recording :p

Abigail
09-06-2008, 14:30
My country receives BBC television broadcasts, why can't I use BBC iPlayer? (http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/help/about_iplayer/overseas_bbc)

The BBC has acquired on demand rights to offer television programmes only in Britain and not to anywhere else in the world. It would also cost us to offer the large file sizes of television programmes on overseas networks.

Can I use iplayer outside the UK? (http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/help/download_programmes/outsideuk)

Rights agreements mean that BBC iPlayer television programmes are only available to users to download or stream (Click to Play) in the UK. However, BBC Worldwide is working on an international version, which we will make available as soon as possible.

I wish they would set up an automatic or pre-programmable download feature so if you're away the player will download the program for you.

Abigail
12-06-2008, 10:34
Trailers for the new series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UU5c80Tpj8Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmZIAgLmkyw

Siobhan
12-06-2008, 10:35
seen them last night and laughed so much :lol::lol:

Abigail
12-06-2008, 10:37
The first one is funny when they throw the biscuit at the Stig :lol:

Siobhan
12-06-2008, 10:50
tigers racing badgers :lol::lol::lol:

and stig just sits doing nothing

StarsOfCCTV
12-06-2008, 17:39
They way the buscit just bounces off him :lol:

You gotta love May - "Look...there's been a credit crunch" :rotfl:

annette_tr9
12-06-2008, 22:13
those three could present any program......and it would be funny!! i love sarcasm....

Siobhan
13-06-2008, 10:09
those three could present any program......and it would be funny!! i love sarcasm....
I would love them to do I'm a celeb.. how funny would that be (either as presenters or in the jungle)

Abigail
13-06-2008, 11:03
Top Gear
Sunday 22nd June on BBC 2 from 8:00pm to 9:00pm

Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond kick off a new series of the motoring magazine show by taking on a challenge to find an alternative to the expensive diesel-fuelled hatchbacks driven by British police officers. James May introduces a new team member, and The Sunday Night Project's Alan Carr and Justin Lee Collins take up the gauntlet as Stars in Reasonably Priced Cars

Chloe O'brien
14-06-2008, 00:59
That is going to be wicked. Alan Carr and the Top gear team together on one she brilliant. :rotfl:

annette_tr9
22-06-2008, 23:16
new series....first one was brilliant!!! i loved how they cleared the road after the accident!!!

Siobhan
23-06-2008, 09:23
new series....first one was brilliant!!! i loved how they cleared the road after the accident!!!

I missed it :crying::crying::crying::crying:.. stupid boyfriend watching stupid football

pookie1968uk
25-06-2008, 21:42
just when you think it cant get any funnier it is!!! it was a hilarious start to the series, the police cars were really funny. cant wait for next week!

StarsOfCCTV
27-06-2008, 18:51

I missed it :crying::crying::crying::crying:.. stupid boyfriend watching stupid football

It's repeated tonight at 9pm! :cheer:

Perdita
04-07-2008, 21:46
James May and Richard Hammond could leave Top Gear after failing to agree contract terms, according to a report.

The pair, whose contracts expire at the end of the month, are said to want pay deals more in line with co-host Jeremy Clarkson, which the BBC may not be prepared to meet.

"Internally there is talk that there might be a chance for the first time that there could be a break up of the team, it has got that bad," MediaGuardian quotes a source as saying.

"There has been a lot of pulling out of hair, a Mexican stand-off. For the first time it is possible that one or both might leave."

The source added: "They don't want to accept second status any more. There has been a meltdown in negotiations."

Hope they don't leave, will not be the same without them :(

StarsOfCCTV
04-07-2008, 21:56
Top Gear wouldn't be Top Gear without those three all together! :(

Perdita
05-07-2008, 08:04
TOP Gear host Jeremy Clarkson reckons co-stars Richard Hammond and James May WON’T quit — despite their pay row.

Sun columnist Clarkson, 48, said he would PAY to host the hit BBC2 motoring show.

May, 45, and Hammond, 38, want a bumper increase to put them above Clarkson — as he earns extra cash promoting Top Gear around the world, with a version set to launch in the US.

Hammond wants to DOUBLE his money to more than £30,000 an episode.

The pair are both out of contract.

But last night Clarkson said: “They won’t leave. It’s the best job in the world. I’d pay to do it.”

The BBC has offered to bump the duo’s wages up — but refuses to meet their high demands.

They reckon Clarkson and executive producer Andy Wilman do the most work — and claim Clarkson’s extra earnings are “miniscule”.

An insider hit back at the stars last night — warning that Top Gear would suffer if it had to shell out more on wages.

He said: “The BBC offered a good deal but neither of them are pleased.

“They don’t seem to realise the BBC doesn’t have a bottomless pit of cash for Top Gear.

“The reason it’s so good is most of the budget goes on screen. If you start giving all the cash to the hosts the show will suffer.”

The source said it was unlikely the pair would leave as Top Gear made them big stars.

He added: “Who had ever heard of Richard Hammond before Top Gear?”

Abigail
11-07-2008, 21:39
Jeremy reportedly earns upwards of £2m a year. Richard and James earn £350k a piece. I'd want a pay rise too if I was getting paid substantially less than a collegue. I wonder if the BBC would be coughing up if Richard and James were women wanting pay equality.

Abigail
11-07-2008, 21:49
Sunday 13th July on BBC 2 from 8:00pm to 9:00pm

Newsreaders Fiona Bruce and Kate Silverton are the Stars in the Reasonably Priced Car, and Jeremy Clarkson tries to prove the Nissan GT-R is faster than the celebrated Bullet Train in a race across Japan with Richard Hammond and James May. Toyota's idea of personal transport for the future is tested out and additional glamour is provided by the Alfa Romeo 8C, which takes to the Top Gear track

Why is there two stars in the car this series?

StarsOfCCTV
11-07-2008, 22:21
Because they felt like it? :p

BBC Two controller Roly Keating has reassured Top Gear fans that all three presenters will stick with the show.

It was recently reported that James May and Richard Hammond could leave the series after failing to agree contract terms.

The pair, whose contracts expire at the end of the month, are said to want pay deals more in line with co-host Jeremy Clarkson, who is rumoured to earn £1 million a year.

However, Keating predicted that all three hosts will stay with the programme, saying: "I'm confident the Top Gear team will be there for autumn - and beyond."

pookie1968uk
12-07-2008, 17:20
i think it is down to money maybe. having 2 stars in a reasonably priced car takes up a lot more of the show so they dont have to spend it on expensive stunts, trips abroad or whatever. i may not be right but its worth a thought.

Abigail
15-07-2008, 16:06
Talk of a Top Gear contract row is "all rubbish", James May has declared.

May and co-presenter Richard Hammond were rumoured to be demanding more money than the BBC was prepared to pay, prompting speculation that they could leave the show.

However, May told BBC Radio 5 Live: "I'm not really sure where it came from, I think it is someone making trouble.

"I have never stormed off over money or contracts. I am paid quite well by Top Gear, I am pretty happy, and I have never seen Richard Hammond storm off either."

May acknowledged that Jeremy Clarkson was paid more and had recently agreed a deal in which he will get a share of international Top Gear-related proceeds from BBC Worldwide.

Joking that he was paid enough to "go for a curry and go to the pub", May said: "We don't talk about it. It is unseemly, unBritish, ungentlemanly."

Abigail
26-07-2008, 20:07
Tomorrow on BBC 2 from 8:00pm to 9:00pm

In the final programme of the series, Jeremy Clarkson and the team take on their toughest challenge yet - keeping their tongues in check during a meeting with their counterparts from the German equivalent of the show. Plus, James May test drives a quirky Japanese car, and Richard Hammond puts a concept car from Mazda through its paces

pookie1968uk
01-08-2008, 10:59
well that series seemed to go really quick! i did enjoy it but maybe it wasnt one of the better ones? there were some funny moments but not up to their usual standards.

alan45
01-08-2008, 12:06
I nearly wet myself last Sunday when the three Top Gun sorry Top Gear presenters arrived in WWII spitfires/Hurricanes to take on their German counterparts. What a tremendously funny finale to the season.

Who says the Germans dont have a sense of humour. I doubt the Daily Mail or The Sun would have found it funny had the Germans arrived in Stukas singing Deuchstland Uber Alles or a team from Japan arrived in Zeros dressed as Kamakazies.

Well done to Jeremy, James and Little Richard for a fun filled hour every Sunday evening and just remember if the Beeb arent paying you enough then there are plenty of us out here who whould do your 'job' for nothing!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy Top Gear while it lasts before the Liberal Pinkoes wrap it up in Red Tape and Health and Safety NONSENSE

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg134/driftwood1998/topgearicon.gif

Jojo
01-08-2008, 22:20
Absolutely brilliant and hilarious as normal.

When the one armed soundman lost his arm on the steering wheel whilst trying to steer the double decked cars :lol: Totally politically incorrect, but totally hilarious too, by his own admission!!

Anyone else pause it when they noticed Stig's visor opened?? I know I did and the eyes look very familar

Bad Wolf
01-08-2008, 22:22
the last challenge was ace - "you have heard of a bad looser, hammond is a bad winner" then he goes and shouts in theat dudes face! brilliant

Abigail
01-08-2008, 22:24
Anyone else pause it when they noticed Stig's visor opened?? I know I did and the eyes look very familar

How far in was that? I'm going to watch it now on the iplayer as I missed it on Sunday.

.:SpIcYsPy:.
01-08-2008, 23:09
Let us know what time it is.. I want to see too :lol:
Just finished watching it and I LOL'ed 3 times so loudly, got told off..
Ahh brilliant last epi! Hammond is defo. a bad winner :lol: :rotfl: Love that guy!

Jojo
03-08-2008, 11:41
It was on the very last race about 5 mins from the end - you'll have to watch the race, but its where Stig vs the rally driver bloke (instead of James who it should have been) A couple of times his visor is open, one of them he's looking at the camera too.

I loved it when the German guy went past Hammond first, sticking his finger up etc and then Hammond won and charged into his face shouting winner etc - brilliant!

Siobhan
30-10-2008, 10:08
It is back on Sunday at 8pm... can't wait :cheer::cheer::cheer:

Siobhan
30-10-2008, 15:50
And this is the promo

http://www.topgear.com/uk/videos/series-12-promo

Siobhan
03-11-2008, 10:06
Did anyone watch it last night? it was funny as hell... I love it

moonstorm
03-11-2008, 10:15
Loved it, loved it, loved it :cheer:

Siobhan
03-11-2008, 10:39
Jezza crashing into a brick wall :eek::eek: the truck on fire.. hammond losing his car... :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Perdita
03-11-2008, 13:09
Jeremy Clarkson experienced "screaming agony" during a stunt in which he drove a lorry into a wall.

The Top Gear presenter staged the experiment to "see how difficult it was to be a truck driver", reports the BBC.

Clarkson has since recovered from his injuries after driving the Renault Magnum lorry through a wall at 56mph at a test track near Milton Keynes.

He told The Sun: "At the moment, teenagers see Bruce Willis driving his car into a helicopter and imagine that you can get out afterwards and still be well enough to punch a baddy in the face.

"This isn't accurate. I emerged from my high speed head-on impact in what can only be described as screaming agony. I couldn't walk. I couldn't talk. I couldn't think."

Co-presenter Richard Hammond suffered a brain injury when he was involved in a high-speed dragster crash while filming the BBC show in September 2006. The 38-year-old recently revealed that he still gets nervous behind the wheel.

Painful to watch, never mind experience :wall:

Perdita
04-11-2008, 10:38
A lorry drivers' union has demanded an apology from Jeremy Clarkson after he joked about murdering prostitutes.

The United Road Transport Union (URTU) took offence to a jibe made by the presenter on Sunday night's edition of Top Gear.

Clarkson said: "This is a hard job, and I'm not just saying that to win favour with lorry drivers - it's a hard job. Change gear, change gear, change gear, check mirror, murder a prostitute, change gear, change gear, murder."

URTU spokesperson James Bower said it "beggars belief" that the joke was allowed to be transmitted, adding: "We would absolutely condemn what he said about murdering prostitutes."

However, the BBC has not criticised Clarkson for the joke, despite receiving 188 complaints from viewers.

"The vast majority of Top Gear viewers have clear expectations of Jeremy Clarkson's long-established and frequently provocative on-screen persona," said a spokeswoman.

"This particular reference was used to comically exaggerate and make ridiculous an unfair urban myth about the world of lorry driving."

So people do not only complain about storylines in soaps then.

Perdita
13-12-2008, 15:13
Sir Tom Jones has joined The Stig on Top Gear as this week's Star In A Reasonably Priced Car.

The lap marks the first time in four decades that the Welsh singer has driven a car with manual gears, reports the Daily Mail.

Jones, 68, will have to get a Chevrolet Lacetti around the track in less than one minute, 45.8 seconds if he is to break the current record set by Jay Kay. Previous celebrities to have taken the challenge include Simon Cowell, Boris Johnson, Billie Piper and Sir Michael Parkinson.

The programme will be broadcast on BBC Two on Sunday at 9pm, an hour later than usual to avoid a clash with the Sports Personality Of The Year Awards.

Xx-Vicky-xX
27-01-2009, 09:29
I've become slightly obsessed with this show since christmas, it kick butt :lol: Love Hammond the most, but the banter between the 3 of them is fab

Siobhan
27-01-2009, 09:32
I've become slightly obsessed with this show since christmas, it kick butt :lol: Love Hammond the most, but the banter between the 3 of them is fab

Welcome to our world Vicks. My son Ben (3 now) was watching it the other day and he was like "that is so cool!!" he was totally excited about the cars...

Xx-Vicky-xX
27-01-2009, 09:34

Welcome to our world Vicks. My son Ben (3 now) was watching it the other day and he was like "that is so cool!!" he was totally excited about the cars...

My little cousin George loves cars aswell, they always watch it in their house and although he cant tell us with words that he loves it he will sit and watch it and point to the screen and say car :wub: :wub:

Perdita
15-02-2009, 16:28
Jeremy Clarkson and Richard Hammond were reportedly involved in a helicopter drama after the craft was hit by a seagull shortly after take off.

The pilot was forced to make an emergency landing when the bird flew into a rotor blade minutes into the flight, reports the Mail On Sunday.

The Top Gear stars were 400ft over Auckland Harbour in New Zealand when the collision occurred.

Pilot Andy McKay said: "After the drama they were all smiles."

The lucky escape came after Hammond sustained serious injuries in a 288mph crash while filming in 2006.

The TV presenters are currently on tour with a live Top Gear stage show, during which Clarkson recently branded Prime Minister Gordon Brown a "one-eyed Scottish idiot".

The 48-year-old later apologised for picking on Brown's appearance, although he stood by his remarks about the Prime Minister's character.

Siobhan
22-06-2009, 12:06
it's back.. and it rules!!

Loved it last night.. Hammond on the motorbike :lol::lol: and Micheal Schumacher interview was fantastic

Chloe O'brien
23-06-2009, 10:43
Funniest thing ever Clarkston cooking bacon and egg on a shovel.

Dutchgirl
23-06-2009, 11:03

Loved it last night.. Hammond on the motorbike :lol::lol: and Micheal Schumacher interview was fantastic
I really enjoyed Schumachers interview. In The Netherlands they are convinced that he is the Stig. Well he is the only one allowed to drive a Ferarri around a track so fast so that was a bit obvious but still good.

The guys are back with a bang. I love the show.

Siobhan
23-06-2009, 11:06

I really enjoyed Schumachers interview. In The Netherlands they are convinced that he is the Stig. Well he is the only one allowed to drive a Ferarri around a track so fast so that was a bit obvious but still good.

The guys are back with a bang. I love the show.

He is definitely NOT the stig.... the end of the show confirmed that..how funny was that lap.. going the wrong way around the tires and taken out the camera man :rotfl:

Dutchgirl
23-06-2009, 11:09
II know he is not the Stig. But the media in The Netherlands think he is. They apparently haven't watched it as close as we have.
I always liked Damon as a possible.

Hannelene
23-06-2009, 11:13
He is not the stig :(
The mystery continues

Siobhan
23-06-2009, 11:15
II know he is not the Stig. But the media in The Netherlands think he is. They apparently haven't watched it as close as we have.

Apparently it is some rally driver called Bill Cullen.. but I doubt if it is as he is suppose to be a mystery... my money was on Verstappen or Frentzen.

Dutchgirl
23-06-2009, 11:17

Apparently it is some rally driver called Bill Cullen.. but I doubt if it is as he is suppose to be a mystery... my money was on Verstappen or Frentzen.
Oooh, as a "Dutchgirl" I like Verstappen as well. A much underrated driver.:angel:

Siobhan
23-06-2009, 11:26
Oooh, as a "Dutchgirl" I like Verstappen as well. A much underrated driver.:angel:

100% agree.. Verstappen was totally underrated.. I really like him as a driver.. He is my brothers all time favourite racing driver...

Siobhan
03-08-2009, 16:49
did anyone see this on Sunday? Laughed my head off at their ads :lol::lol::lol:

Dutchgirl
03-08-2009, 21:42
did anyone see this on Sunday? Laughed my head off at their ads :lol::lol::lol:
Yes. They were hilarious. Jeremy's was just so over the top. Again.

And the Hamster getting stuck on that lift brilliant. He does need a haircut though. He looks like James May now. Not a good look for him.

Chloe O'brien
05-08-2009, 00:58
Those adverts were mental especially the funeral one with Clarkston setting of explosive everywhere and then he fell out of the crane harness. :lol:

tammyy2j
22-07-2010, 12:51
Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz will take part in an upcoming episode of Top Gear, it has been revealed.

The Knight and Day actors will be competing in the motoring show's 'star in a reasonably priced car' segment, according to The Sun.

The pair, who apparently contacted the BBC to request an appearance on the programme, are expected to record their laps of the race track in Surrey today.

A source said: "Tom and Cameron are over in Britain for the premiere of their new movie Knight and Day. Tom knew we were filming so asked if he could give the old Kia a whirl.

"We've had some big names tearing around in our reasonably priced car, but Tom has to be up there as the biggest. And the amazing thing is his people contacted us.

"Cameron was up for it too so we're getting two A-list stars for one show. Jeremy Clarkson and the boys couldn't be happier."

The celebrity leaderboard for the 'star in a reasonably priced car' challenge is currently topped by Harry Potter actor Rupert Grint.

The source added: "[Cruise] will need his best driving skills. It's pretty tough to get to the top of the leaderboard."

Perdita
26-07-2010, 06:58
Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz have both broken the record for the fastest celebrity lap times during their appearance on Top Gear.

The Knight and Day actors took part in the 'star in a reasonably priced car' challenge on the BBC motoring show on Sunday night, which saw each of them drive round a racing track in a small hatchback.

Diaz posted the series's quickest time of 1 minute, 45.2 seconds, which itself was shortly eclipsed by Cruise's time of 1 minute, 44.2 seconds.

They both beat the existing record of 1 minute, 45.5 seconds set by Harry Potter actor Rupert Grint.

Cruise, who drove round the final corner of the track on two wheels as his car tilted sideways, said: "This is the best day. This was like a vacation.

"When I was on two wheels I thought, 'I don't know what's going to happen... If I go through on the side does the time still count?'"

Host Jeremy Clarkson admitted: "That was a breathtaking thing."