PDA

View Full Version : Frankie Baldwin

kayla05
26-09-2005, 11:16
Danny and Leanne decide its time to end there affair, Danny suggests they say a proper goodbye in style at a hotel tomorrow night. As Leanne and Danny prepare to head off for a final night of passion together, their plans suffer as setback when Jamie’s van breaks down and he is unable to make the trip to Holland. Whilst waiting for Kevin to fix the problem, Jamie and Leanne make the most of the extra time together and, unable to keep his emotions in check, a nervous Jamie pops the question. An excited Leanne agrees to go with Jamie to Holland to celebrate their engagement and she leaves a message on Danny's mobile cancelling their date tonight. With her mind elsewhere, Leanne leaves her mobile phone at the café. After she has gone, Roy finds her mobile and presumes it is Frankie's. A helpful Vera drops it off at the Baldwins’ on her way home. A disappointed Danny gets his messages and calls Leanne back, not knowing that Frankie is in possession of Leanne’s phone. Frankie answers the phone and before she can speak Danny, believing he is speaking to lover Leanne, launches into a tirade about her cancelling tonight. Frankie listens in disbelief as she realises just what her philandering husband has been up to!

Angeltigger
26-09-2005, 11:46
Janice is the one that find out about the affier… as Leanne can not hold it any more… so she tell Janice that she is cheated on, so Janice tells Leanne that she is going bingo with her friends… than she walks back in and see danny and Leanne together.. but she does not tell Frankie, she find out that Danny ex wife was staying in her house..

And of course Frankie was going to find out about the affier they always come out.. This must happen at a last stage

kayla05
26-09-2005, 11:53
Yeah Leanne tells Janice but Frankie finds out in the end, Janice doesn't tell her but Frankie finds out by the phone call the following week.

stacyefc
26-09-2005, 12:36
good i can't wait. I like danny and leanne in it but it is very evil what there doing especially cos jamie idolises leanne

Debbie Meadows
27-09-2005, 10:42
'She loves him desperately but she can't forgive him.' Danny and Leanne's affair is the final straw for Frankie, says actress Debra Stephenson.

How does she react to Danny and Leanne's affair?
She can't quite believe it at first and she is just trying to take stock of the situation and let it sink in what is going on. In the back of her mind she is hoping that there has been some sort of mistake but she knows that there can't be.

What happens when he returns home?
She is incredibly angry and hurt but she won't feel devastated until she has got all the facts. He has had affairs before but this is different, it is Leanne and not only is it somebody she hates but the fact that he has hurt Jamie so much makes her doubly angry.

He has absolutely destroyed the family.

Does she want to tell Jamie?
First thing she wants to do is tell Jamie and Danny dissuades her from doing that. He does his usual and turns everything about and makes it her responsibility, he's very clever so that she is left in turmoil, she can't do right for doing wrong.

How does she react to the news of the engagement between Jamie and Leanne?
She thinks that by that time she has no choice but to tell Jamie, she must prevent them from getting married because she doesn't want to see Jamie end up with a life like Frankie's life.

She thinks that she might be able to make a compromise by telling Leanne that she has got to finish with Jamie. That way Jamie won't know - he will be hurt, but nowhere near as hurt. He might lose his faith in women for a while, but at least not with his dad.

Does Leanne do it?
No, she flatly refuses. She kids Frankie on that she will do it but she has no intention of doing it. That pushes Frankie into a corner. Carol comes along and is the loose cannon and the catalyst - she is the light to the taper to blow the whole thing. It is explosive because Frankie is cornered, Carol can quite easily pick her over.

She has got Danny telling her one thing and Carol bullying her and bombarding her with questions. She is trying to hold everything together for Jamie's sake but Carol ends up bursting the bubble and she some how ends up telling Carol.

It is such a bad move because Carol goes straight over and tells Jamie.

Do you think Frankie and Jamie will close ranks?
Yes but even that is interesting because Carol is there too complicating things and competing with Frankie to help Jamie and try and get her son back. This is why Carol tells Jamie - she sees it as an opportunity to split Danny and Jamie up.

Is this the end of Danny and Frankie?
It has topped everything he has ever done and it is the final straw. This year of their lives was their final chance and if this didn't work it was make or break time and Danny has messed it up.

She loves him desperately but she can't forgive him. It is hard to see how they can ever be together even though they love each other so desperately.

Luna
27-09-2005, 11:47
:cheer: yay cant wait for this to happen

Trinity
27-09-2005, 12:04
Kick him to touch, Frankie!

phils little sister
27-09-2005, 13:36
Cant wait to see this :cheer:

Bryan
27-09-2005, 15:45
abotu time debrah stephanson had a storyline! shes so underused its a shame!!! hopefully she will get storylines from now on!

angelblue
27-09-2005, 15:49
abotu time debrah stephanson had a storyline! shes so underused its a shame!!! hopefully she will get storylines from now on!

You are totally right she is great actress you just got to watch old espisodes of bad girls and people will see she is great especially as shell dockly :)

kayla05
27-09-2005, 15:54
Yeah i agree, she is a great actress and she played shell dockley brilliantly, i can't wait to see her reaction!

Angeltigger
27-09-2005, 15:54
Yeah it will be sad if she has a huge storyline like this one than they axe her as she may be axe

kayla05
27-09-2005, 15:58
Yeah i know, i dont want her to get axed, they could do other things with her character, she doesn't have to be axed!

angelblue
27-09-2005, 15:58
Yeah it will be sad if she has a huge storyline like this one than they axe her as she may be axe

Yeah i know what you mean because they leave the character with no were to go i hope not though :)

dddMac1
27-09-2005, 16:02
Can't wait till Frankie finds out

Debs
27-09-2005, 16:55
cannot wait for this to happen!! im getting back into corrie again!

Chris_2k11
27-09-2005, 17:03
It's about flippin' time too!! :rolleyes:

Debbie Meadows
28-09-2005, 11:33
Wednesday, 5th October 2005

Danny drives home to face Frankie. He begins to tell her it was Leanne who made all the running and lured him into something he now regrets bitterly. A devastated Frankie listens but has heard it all before and throws him out, telling him never to set foot in the house again. Danny desperately begs her not to tell son Jamie. Frankie also collars Janice to demand to know where Leanne is but is thwarted when she is informed of Leanne’s trip to Holland with Jamie. Fearing he could lose his relationship with his son as well as his wife, Danny attempts to persuade Frankie to keep the sordid details from his unsuspecting son. Will his desperate pleas have any effect on the scorned Frankie. Has Danny lost it all?

Friday, 7th October 2005

Frankie and Danny's split is the talk of the street but no one knows why except Janice. She tells a stunned Danny about Leanne and Jamie's secret engagement. Danny informs Frankie of the latest development, who is even more determined to split up Leanne and Jamie. When they return from Holland, Jamie is devastated to find out about his parents' split. Frankie goes round to see Leanne and tells her she knows everything about her affair with husband Danny. A cunning Frankie offers Leanne an ultimatum, she will spare Jamie all the details of Leanne and Danny’s deceit as long as Leanne agrees to end her relationship with Jamie. A torn Leanne faces a painful decision, will she go along with Frankie’s plan?

Rain_
28-09-2005, 11:59
I'm struggling who to side with here

tasha_cfc
28-09-2005, 12:22
I can't wait til she finds out as it's going to be awesum

Debs
28-09-2005, 13:07
Yeah i agree, she is a great actress and she played shell dockley brilliantly, i can't wait to see her reaction!

sHE WAS BRILLIANT AT PLAYING SHELL!

I like frankie too so am looking forward t her finding out scenes

crazygirl
29-09-2005, 11:36
she will rip leanne in two

alkalinetrio
29-09-2005, 16:29
yaaaaaaaaaaaaay cant wait for that episode shud be funny

Angeltigger
30-09-2005, 11:33
Yeah she would rip Leanne into 2 does janice know now... as she was being rude to danny...

angelblue
30-09-2005, 11:34
Does she find out tonight :)

eastenders mad
30-09-2005, 11:50
i think it is Monday cause i have just been watching this Morning and they say everything happens on Monday cause Jamie propses to Leanne and she says Yes. But Bradley Walsh who plays Danny is going to be on This morning on Monday to talk about the storyline.

Angeltigger
30-09-2005, 11:53
Frankie find out next week

DennisRbabe
30-09-2005, 18:09
That sounds great! :) :) :) :) :)

kayla05
30-09-2005, 21:43
I thought it would never get out, but it has! i certanily cant wait for it!

Richie_lecturer
01-10-2005, 00:21
Me too, looks good. It'll be great for Debra Stevenson to have a very meaty role next week. They don't use her enough for my liking.

alan45
01-10-2005, 00:36
Wonder who she will have an affair with

Richie_lecturer
01-10-2005, 00:38
Probably Diggory. :sick:

Chris_2k11
01-10-2005, 00:45
Wonder who she will have an affair withwho?

alan45
01-10-2005, 00:49
who?

Frankie. It always happens in soapland, one partner cheats and other follows suit

Chris_2k11
01-10-2005, 00:51
Frankie. It always happens in soapland, one partner cheats and other follows suitOh. Nah I doubt it will happen in this storyline.

Richie_lecturer
01-10-2005, 00:51
Fling with Charlie or Lloyd perhaps? Maybe Steve Macdonald. :searchme:

Debbie Meadows
06-10-2005, 11:02
"She’s Nothing But Trouble!”

Well, the sordid secret is out, fiery Frankie has learned the horrendous truth that husband Danny has been having an affair wit his son’s girlfriend.

But of course, there’s someone else that needs to know too.

Poor old Jamie.

The lovestruck lad has already proposed to Leanne, who readily agreed to become Mrs Baldwin. The pair then jaunted off to Holland.

But it’s only a matter of time, next Wednesday in fact, before Jamie learns the truth too, and let’s just say he ain’t gonna be happy about it!

Although Frankie knows the truth, it is actually Jamie’s mother Carol who spills the beans.

“He’s in a state of shock at first,” says Rupert Hill, who plays the livid lad. “He’s too upset to say much, but then he just wants answers from his dad and Leanne.

“He kicks a door and at one point he falls onto his dad,” he explains. “For a second you think they’re hugging, then Jamie steps back. He’s broken. These are the people he loves most and they’ve hurt him horribly.

“He’s also angry that his dad did this to Frankie.”

And it seems that neither Danny nor Leanne will be forgiven for their betrayal any time soon.

“He wants nothing to do with Leanne and he tells Danny that, as far as he’s concerned, he hasn’t got a dad any more,” Rupert says.

The ultimate revenge of course would be for him and step-mum Frankie to have an affair, but Rupert doesn’t think either party will be up for it.

“I think they’re both too cut up to plan revenge and if Jamie’s got any sense he’ll women alone for a while,” he says.

“It’s not going to be easy being around Danny and Leanne, but I hope Jamie will see it’s a good thing he’s not marrying Leanne and that she’s nothing but trouble!”

Too right, good riddance we say!

i_luv_dennis
06-10-2005, 11:54
feel so sorry for frankie

Richie_lecturer
06-10-2005, 14:22
Same here. Hope she really makes Danny and Leanne pay.

I look forward to the unravelling of this storyline.

alan45
14-05-2006, 07:04
From Today's Sunday People

CORRIE DEBRA QUITS

CORONATION Street babe Debra Stephenson has sensationally quit the soap, The People can reveal.

The blonde stunner, who plays feisty Frankie Baldwin, is moving back to her family home in London to settle her son Max into school.

She will be written out at the end of the year - but Corrie bosses are to leave the way open for her to return in the future. Last night Debra, 33, said: "The decision to quit was a really tough one for me as this has been the best job I've ever had.

"I had originally only planned to stay for two years but didn't anticipate how much I would enjoy playing Frankie."

Hubby James had given up his painting and decorating business to be a full-time dad to three-year-old Max at their Manchester home.

But the couple have kept a home in the south and now plan to move back there before Max starts school.

Debra said: "I'm also keen to pursue other acting projects and am very excited about what the future holds.

"Of course, I'll miss all the great friends I've made here and it would be lovely to think this isn't the last the public have seen of Frankie."

The former Bad Girls star has had a series of hot storylines since arriving in the Street. She was left heartbroken when love rat husband Danny Baldwin, played by Bradley Walsh, left her for his son Jamie's girlfriend, Leanne Battersby.

Then hunk Nathan Cooper recently moved in with Frankie.

Debra, who reached the final stages of Celebrity Fame Academy last year to raise money for Comic Relief, said: "I'd like to thank everyone at ITV for giving me the chance to play such a fantastic character and making my time here so enjoyable."

A Street spokesman said: "Debra has been a great asset to the show and her portrayal of Frankie Baldwin has been fantastic. However, when she joined the show we were aware she only planned to stay for two years and we fully appreciate her reasons for leaving. We wish her every success for the future."

Johnny Allen
14-05-2006, 07:53
Well She will be a great loss to the show, but personally I think they ruined her when they seperated her and Danny. Bradley Walsh have a great chemistry with her. Good luck to her, I would love to see her return as Shell Dockley in Bad Girls but I don't think its likely.

Chris_2k11
14-05-2006, 09:03
Oh no, I really like Frankie. :( She's one of my favourite characters.

Oh well, good luck to her. :)

Katy
14-05-2006, 11:10
Thats a shame as i like her character. I wonder what her exit will be like.

LostVoodoo
14-05-2006, 11:15
Well She will be a great loss to the show, but personally I think they ruined her when they seperated her and Danny. Bradley Walsh have a great chemistry with her.
true, well, not ruined, but she does seem to be a bit of a spare part without him. and i don't think her relationship with Nathan's going anywhere at all. maybe she'll a really cool revenge storyline and expose the Danny-Mike will scandal or something...

lollymay
14-05-2006, 11:52
Its a shame shes going i think shes one of the best caracters on the soap.

CrazyLea
14-05-2006, 12:00
She was really good I liked her. I'll miss her. I think they could have done more with her.

DaVeyWaVey
14-05-2006, 12:20
I really like Frankie, she's one of my favourite characters in the show at the moment, it's a shame she's going, all i hope is that she will return to the Street sometime in the future, i hope she gets her own back on Danny before she leaves.

Bryan
14-05-2006, 13:59
Lets face it, despite how good she was, they didnt use Frankie enough...she only shined once Danny left her for Leanne, she's too good an actress for the show, they should have given her a better role as Frankie never had much potential, whereas Debrea could have stolen the show.

Let's hope this paves the way for another return to Bad Girls :cheer:

Chloe O'brien
14-05-2006, 14:30
Its a shame that Debra is quitting but I can fully support her reasons for doing so. Corrie was wrong to split her and danny up there could have been many more good storylines created for them.

angelblue
14-05-2006, 16:47
I really love her character and i was hoping her and danny would get back together because they are great together.

Its a shame she is leaving but no one can fault her for putting her family first i wish her good luck for the future because she is a great actress :angel:

Richie_lecturer
14-05-2006, 16:55
This was to be expected. I remember her saying last year that she planned to pursue other projects by the end of 2006.

A sad loss, but one which I already knew about.

I guess this means a reconciliation between Danny and Frankie is dead in the water.

Emmak2005
14-05-2006, 22:57
Here's what DS say on Debra leaving. Which did rather shock me a bit when I first read she was quitting the show.

Debra Stephenson is leaving Coronation Street to spend more time with her three-year-old son.

The actress – who has played Frankie Baldwin for the past two years – will be on screens until the end of the year, though her character will not be killed off.

"The decision to leave Coronation Street has been really difficult as it is the best job I have ever had," she explained to the News of the World. "I had only originally planned to stay for two years, but I didn't anticipate how much I'd fall in love with playing Frankie."

Stephenson has decided to move south with her family, however.

"Our son Max is due to start school next year and my husband James and I had to discuss the future. We felt the time was right for us to move to give Max the time to settle in."

She added: "I'm keen to do other projects and excited about the future but I think the public has not seen the last of Frankie."

http://images.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/corrie/street281005(2)_frankie.jpg

It seems to happen every month now. Someone announces they're leaving. eg. Last month it was Jeff Hordley (Cain Dingle). Who next?

angelblue
14-05-2006, 22:59
Well it sounds like she will be back :)

Katy
15-05-2006, 09:33
that means they wont be killing her off. Exit could still be good though.

tammyy2j
15-05-2006, 15:00
It is a shame Debra is a great actress but she was not given a good storyline. Her and Danny were a great couple it is a shame they were split up. I hope she goes out with a bang a great story.

kayla05
16-05-2006, 14:27
I really like debrah, i was a big fan of her in bad girls aswell, its a shame she's leaving! but at least there not killing her character frankie off.