PDA

View Full Version : Estate agents

chance
13-05-2006, 18:34
A man from Nuneaton has sold his house on the internet in 24 hours, bypassing traditional estate agents.

Andrew Retmanski paid £140 for a website advert

The unscrupulous tactics used by some estate agents to sell properties have been uncovered in a BBC investigation.

Undercover reporters found agents putting in false offers, forging signatures and even taking backhanders.

Bearing these things in mind,would you buy or sell with estate agents?

Katy
13-05-2006, 22:10
no, but thats only because id probably do it wrong and end up in court of something.

I think its safer with an estate agent as they have been trained and kno what to look for.

pookie1968uk
14-05-2006, 18:28
i'd love to be able to but dont know if i'd be brave enough. estate agents are just rip off merchants!

Dr. Tangliss
15-05-2006, 12:17
I would definitely give it a go, as I think they take too much of a percentage when you sell your house, for doing hardly anything. I mean, surely we could market our own houses on Right Move for a small fee, compared to the 2% estate agents take!

dddMac1
15-05-2006, 16:02
i would love to sell the hous over the internet would get more money from it

Rain_
17-05-2006, 10:46
If i was going to sell my house I would love to do it myself but the safety part of my brain would urge me to sell through an agent, taking away all the hassle. I think maybe if there was more info out there for homeowners selling their houses it would be easier.