PDA

View Full Version : Billie Piper wants to play the Doctor

Luna
11-05-2006, 09:26
Billie Piper, currently staring as Rose, wants to play the role of Doctor Who herself and become the first female time lord.

23-year-old Piper has even reportedly threatened to quit the show just so she can return to play the leading role in the legendary BBC series.

“In the next few years I’d love to play a female version of Doctor Who." the actress said. "I know exactly how I would play her – she would be crafty in a clever kind of way.”

The show's writer Russell T Davies is reported by the Daily Star as saying that he would be happy to give Piper the role.

squillyfer
11-05-2006, 16:01
I think it would be good after all its something new and the doctor is close to rose so it makes sense that if something happened to her he could come back looking like her. I wouldnt like it to be long term though maybe just for one series

shannisrules
11-05-2006, 16:04
im not so sure im used to her being rose maybe if the doctor died somehow and we still know her as rose she could take over his place in the tardis then meet someone else or something

Cornishbabe
11-05-2006, 16:10
It would seem rather wierd having rose as the doctor or even a female doctor

Kim
11-05-2006, 16:30
That'd be stupid. I'm not saying that the principal of having a female doctor shouldn't be something that is taken forward, but you can't just go from one role to another one in the same show.

Abi
11-05-2006, 16:57
Was she drunk or something when she said this?! Whats she on about?! That would completely ruin the whole show, if they even considered something like that!

Pixie
12-05-2006, 01:07
she was probably just joking afround or something when she said that

DaVeyWaVey
12-05-2006, 18:49
I hope this report was a joke, if Rose became the Doctor, i would always be thinking that she is Rose and not The Doctor at all.

Jada-GDR
12-05-2006, 22:45
im not sure about this. everyone would just see her as being rose and not the doctor.

Kim
12-05-2006, 23:07
im not sure about this. everyone would just see her as being rose and not the doctor.

Definitely. It is bad enough trying to see an actor/actress as who they presently play and not the role before that.