PDA

View Full Version : child support if child not wanted?

chance
09-05-2006, 23:51
Should men who don't want kids be able to decline child support if the mother will not terminate the pregnancy?

LUSHLOOKE69
10-05-2006, 01:47
Although I feel very sorry for men in this situation as they say it takes two to tango! It is not the responsibility of just one of the partners to ensure precautions are used and if an accident happens, although a woman may not necessarly want the baby or feel its the right time for them they may not feel able to have an abortion (for their own wellbeing) and wil have to support the child so theres no reason why the male shouln't face his responsibilities either! Once a baby is born its to late for regret therefore its the fathers choice if he wants contact but should at least financially accept his responsibility

Siobhan
10-05-2006, 11:47
this is a bit of a strange one.. If the man didn't want kids, he should have taken the responsiblilty not to have them. However, accidents happen but there are 2 parents here. In this suitation the man could just walk away and claim it is not his child, he doesn't have to pay a penny if he doesn't want to. She knows the score so I don't think she should expect anything either

.:SpIcYsPy:.
10-05-2006, 15:54
If the man didn't want the kids then he shouldn't have been 'naughty' lol. I think he should pay half to the wife coming to all expenses.

lollymay
10-05-2006, 15:57
the man definitaly should because it isnt easy for someone to bring up a young child on there own with out lots of support, both emotionally and finatally.

Cornishbabe
10-05-2006, 20:51
Yes he should.If he doesnt want kids he should have thought about that before

Debs
10-05-2006, 22:26
yes he should, if he didnt want kids the he should have made sure he wore a condom!

and yes accidents can happen! but if your old if enough to have sex then you should be able to deal with whatever happens because of it!

Pixie
11-05-2006, 01:29
I think the man should pay whether he wanted the child or not as the woman may not have originally wanted the child either but couldnt face the idea of an abotion. It is both people's job to take precautions. However if the woman had got pregnant on purpose when she knew the guy didnt want a baby (eg said she was on the pill when she wasnt) then i'm not sure if he should haveto pay child support

Jade
11-05-2006, 10:02
yes he should, if he didnt want kids the he should have made sure he wore a condom!

and yes accidents can happen! but if your old if enough to have sex then you should be able to deal with whatever happens because of it!

Exactly! You should not be having a sexual relationship without being fully awear of the consequences,

Rain_
11-05-2006, 10:11
I'm a single mom and don't expect anything from the father but we have an amicable agreement that he goes half on school trips etc. I managed to get the CSA to keep their noses out otherwise they would have left his new family living below the breadline. I'm single but not heartless. There are so many different circumstances in a situation like this.

twinkle_eyes83
15-05-2006, 10:03
yes i think the man should pay even if its half of it

hazey
15-05-2006, 13:21
I think he should pay,he made his decision,when he had sex,knowing that even with a condom,accidents can happen, so yes he should pay,why should the state keep his child for him.

JustJodi
15-05-2006, 14:49
Sure he should pay the support, if he is gonna be a jerk about it, and say the kid isn't his, he can pay for a DNA test, then once it is proven to be his, then he should pay for CS..

Kim
15-05-2006, 16:29
Unless he agreed for the woman to use frozen embryos after they split up then the man should pay half.

xXxJessxXx
19-06-2006, 16:52
I think its hard for both men and women to raise a child they didnt really want. I do feel sorry for men because they dont hardly ever get a say. (not talking about couples who are both willing to start a family here, that is very different)

If a women doesnt want a baby then she can easily 'get rid' of it. I say easily though i know its not, but to some women it is as simple as 'getting rid' of it. Some women consider abortions to be types of contraception. Very irespnsible and i dont agree wiht it at all! In some cases the women wont even consult the man, even if he wants it and she doesnt she knows she has the power to do what she wants.

But for the man it is very difficult. If he doesnt want the baby for what ever reason but the women does its hard for him to back out of it. People people decide they dont want a baby for many reasons which could include its too early, they're too young, they cant give the baby everything it deserves ect. If a women aborted a baby because of this circumstances then it would be ok (generally rember everyone feels differently) but if a man turned and said he didnt want a baby because he couldnt give it everythimg it deserved but the women had it anyway the man would be seen as the one in the wrong by backing out and trying to get out of the baby's life ect. which can be rather unfair on the man.

People expect fathers to pay maintanance which is no suprise. But when they dont get a say or a part in the decision of what goes on in the child life then its hard for them because they have to pay for something they arnt ready for ect. However it takes too to make a baby so both men and women should accept what's been done even if they dont want it. Its called being mature and responsible. I think all men should pay but only if they get something back in return. And i dont mean no offence when i say this but some single mothers do take the money quite willingly but yet dont let the man see or be a part of the childs life and in my opinion this is as bad on the mothers side as it is if the father doesnt pay at all!