PDA

View Full Version : tampon or towel?

shannisrules
09-05-2006, 20:26
hi this may seem a bit personal to some people but others it may not, do you use tampons or towels? when i first started at 12 i used to use towels and it really got on my nerves so then i talked to my mum and she told me to try and use tampons now ive been using them for years and its sooo much better trust me lol i just cant imagine using towels when i was in year 8 i told my friends and none of them use tampons they think its weird that i do because they think its to young or something? so i was just wondering if anyone around 13 14 15 uses tampons aswell? by the way this is open to older people aswell lol anyone can vote

CrazyLea
09-05-2006, 21:08
I use towels. I've never actually tried tampons, always been a little scared haha :p

leanne27
09-05-2006, 21:14
i use towels i just cant get away with tampons at all! lol

Chloe-Elise
09-05-2006, 21:19
Towels, I hate using tampons for some reson they scare me!

Tori
09-05-2006, 21:38
i use towels mostly as i don't trust tampons... i've had bad experiences in the past

Emma-Lou
09-05-2006, 21:45
I use tampons and im 14 i started off using towels but after a little while moved on to tampons. I prefer them i dont really know why none of my friends do and think it is weird i do i only very rarely use towels.

shannisrules
09-05-2006, 21:52
i never use towels any more its so more comfy wearing tampons beacuse you dont know they are there where as towels you can feel them and it makes me whole day rubbish because i know its there where as a tampon i just forget its there

Cornishbabe
09-05-2006, 22:06
I use tampons in the day and towels at night

chance
09-05-2006, 22:35
I use tampons in the day and towels at night
Same foe me too,always by the ones with the applicater though.

pookie1968uk
09-05-2006, 22:58
i use both at different times! sometimes too heavy for the tampon to last very long so opt for the towel instead or sometimes both together too!!

LostVoodoo
10-05-2006, 00:43
interesting, thoguht i was the only one who used just towels! good to know, i tried to use tampons when i was younger but i remember it just hurt, maybe i should try again now i'm not a virgin, but you just get into the habit of doing things a certain way don't you?

Layne
10-05-2006, 07:56
I use both - Usually Tampons during the day and Towels at night!

.:SpIcYsPy:.
10-05-2006, 15:56
[QUOTE=crazylea]I use towels. I've never actually tried tampons, always been a little scared haha :p[/QUOTE
Same here Lea :)

di marco
10-05-2006, 16:01
Same here Lea :)

me too! my mum knew someone who dies from the toxic shock thing, so everytime i go to think i might try them out i get too scared to lol!

Kim
10-05-2006, 16:04
I use towels. I'm to scared to use tampons after the stories I have heard.

Jojo
me too! my mum knew someone who dies from the toxic shock thing, so everytime i go to think i might try them out i get too scared to lol! Though just to put a spanner in the works - towels can cause TSS too although its more common in tampon usage. If you want to try them, but are worried about it, you can get trial packs sent to you in plain packaging (go for the slim ones first) - you'll be surprised at how easy it is.

Siobhan
me too! my mum knew someone who dies from the toxic shock thing, so everytime i go to think i might try them out i get too scared to lol!
All my sisters and me suffer from TSS so we can't use them at all.. only 2 of my nieces can use them..

Siobhan
10-05-2006, 16:05
Though just to put a spanner in the works - towels can cause TSS too although its more common in tampon usage. If you want to try them, but are worried about it, you can get trial packs sent to you in plain packaging (go for the slim ones first) - you'll be surprised at how easy it is.

Towel cause TSS on a much much lower scale than tampons.. it by far safer

Jojo
10-05-2006, 16:08
Towel cause TSS on a much much lower scale than tampons.. it by far safer *nods* but for the most, its very rare. Though for me, there was only one way to go, especially after suffering burns after towel usage. Ouch.

di marco
10-05-2006, 16:09
Though just to put a spanner in the works - towels can cause TSS too although its more common in tampon usage. If you want to try them, but are worried about it, you can get trial packs sent to you in plain packaging (go for the slim ones first) - you'll be surprised at how easy it is.

i have some which we got free from school, theyve been sitting in my wardrobe and i keep thinking i could try them seeing as they were free!

di marco
10-05-2006, 16:10
*nods* but for the most, its very rare. Though for me, there was only one way to go, especially after suffering burns after towel usage. Ouch.

yeh towels irritate my skin but at the mo id rather that, maybe ill try them one day lol

Siobhan
10-05-2006, 16:21
*nods* but for the most, its very rare. Though for me, there was only one way to go, especially after suffering burns after towel usage. Ouch.

I don't think i even want to ask.. sounds so painfully :eek:

Jojo
10-05-2006, 16:24
I don't think i even want to ask.. sounds so painfully :eek: Erm, yep - it was extremely painful! I vowed from that day, never again.

Tori
10-05-2006, 16:57
people say that they find tampons difficult to get in, i use savlon on the tampon and it really helps

leanne27
10-05-2006, 16:58
really?? ive never heard of towels irritating before

Jojo
10-05-2006, 23:38
really?? ive never heard of towels irritating before I would explain, but don't really want to go there, but believe me - it wasn't irritation - and it was extremely painful

xStephaniex
14-05-2006, 22:27
tampons deffo !!! - i started when iwas 10 so used towels to start with but by 11 i was sooo annoyed with them !! so i started using tampons although i was well scared at first lol :(