PDA

View Full Version : Script Idol 2006 - Applicants Required

Bryan
09-05-2006, 17:47
Another new competion to soapboards. Following the sucess of Dawn's banner competetion i thought we could do an anual Script Idol.

Each week the contestants will have to write a script, based on a theme/scenario/tv show that the judges have chosen for them.

The judges will then give marks out of ten, and the contestant with the lowest score will leave the competion.

Any who is intrested in applying expres your intrest via pm/email by the end of the month, with a sample script (maximum 500 words) that best shows your scriptwriting talents.

the 10 best entries will become contestants! Good luck! :D

big bro fan
09-05-2006, 17:53
So you can write about anything. Um i cant e-mail so can post it somewhere or in here maybe.

Bryan
09-05-2006, 17:59
So you can write about anything. Um i cant e-mail so can post it somewhere or in here maybe.

you had to sign up to soapboards using an email adress? :searchme:

if you have no way of getting it to me then i suppose you will have to post it in this thread.

.:SpIcYsPy:.
09-05-2006, 18:06
It sounds brilliant!! Can't wait to read it :)

Bryan
11-05-2006, 18:13
I have 1 entry in so far, anyone who is intrsted please send in an entry as soon as possible :)

DaVeyWaVey
11-05-2006, 18:48
Oooh yes sounds like a great idea!:) I will definetly be taking part, i will have to think of a script though:hmm:

Bryan
15-05-2006, 16:13
There has a been a change to the application process.

All you now have to do is tell us the reason why you want to take part in the competion.

Send your reason via pm/email to me asap.

di marco
15-05-2006, 16:15
hmmmm i would enter but mine would probably be rubbish, plus i dont really have time atm

Bryan
15-05-2006, 16:19
hmmmm i would enter but mine would probably be rubbish, plus i dont really have time atm

let us be the judges of your quality!

but if you havent got the time thats a fair enough reason.

di marco
15-05-2006, 16:46
let us be the judges of your quality!

but if you havent got the time thats a fair enough reason.

when will the competition start?

Bryan
15-05-2006, 16:48
when will the competition start?

it will depend on how soon i get 10 applicants, if i get more i rely on their reason for wanting to enter the competition.

i am hoping to start at the end of june at the latest.

di marco
15-05-2006, 16:50
it will depend on how soon i get 10 applicants, if i get more i rely on their reason for wanting to enter the competition.

i am hoping to start at the end of june at the latest.

well if it starts at the end of june then i might apply, cos ill have loads of time then

Layne
15-05-2006, 20:30
There has a been a change to the application process.

All you now have to do is tell us the reason why you want to take part in the competion.

Send your reason via pm/email to me asap.

Oh great....and after i spent all that time being un-lazy :rolleyes: Oh well i better get PMing then! :p

Bryan
17-05-2006, 18:29
So far I have had applications from:

cornetgal
daveywavey
samantha nixon
feeling yellow
fanatic loves dennis
the watts rule
jada gdr
abi
jojomum
big bro fan
vixie lou

anyone who is intrested in joining i need you to send me your reaosn why you want to be in it to me via pm/email.

THIS LIST IS THOSE WHO HAVE APPLIED, AND DOES NOT AS YET GUARANTEE A PLACE ON THE COMPETITION. THE FINAL LIST OF CONTESTANTS WILL BE RELEASED AT THE END OF THE MONTH.

Jada-GDR
17-05-2006, 19:39
whoo seven! three more, come on people! i would jump on this chance (well, as you can see i did...) are you going to judge it bry?

Bryan
17-05-2006, 19:57
The Judges Of Script Idol 2006 Have Now Been Confirmed:

http://pictures.directnews.org.uk/Live/Photo4058.jpg

Bondboffin

An experienced script/screenwriter. Winner of the Soapboards Best Scripwriter 2005 at the SBS awards, BB has written two plays that have been performed at the Birmingham REP by Professional actors. He also writes one of Soapboards long running soap operas Devon Seas. BB promises to give credit where it is due, but he will not tolerate rubbish! Contestants beware!!!

Siobhan
Siobhan is one of Soapboards Moderating team, and is a keen reader of scripts on Soapboards. She promises that she will be a fair and considerate judge, and give contestants her honest opinion.

Jessie Wallace

One of Soapboards most loved members. Jessie Wallace has a creative side to her, being one of Soapboards greatest banner makers. JW promises to be a nice and friendly judge, so all you contestants have nothing to worry about as far as shes concerned!

Layne
17-05-2006, 20:40
The Judges Of Script Idol 2006 Have Now Been Confirmed:

http://pictures.directnews.org.uk/Live/Photo4058.jpg

Bondboffin

An experienced script/screenwriter. Winner of the Soapboards Best Scripwriter 2005 at the SBS awards, BB has written two plays that have been performed at the Birmingham REP by Professional actors. He also writes one of Soapboards long running soap operas Devon Seas. BB promises to give credit where it is due, but he will not tolerate rubbish! Contestants beware!!!

Siobhan
Siobhan is one of Soapboards Moderating team, and is a keen reader of scripts on Soapboards. She promises that she will be a fair and considerate judge, and give contestants her honest opinion.

Jessie Wallace

One of Soapboards most loved members. Jessie Wallace has a creative side to her, being one of Soapboards greatest banner makers. JW promises to be a nice and friendly judge, so all you contestants have nothing to worry about as far as shes concerned!

Oh wow, the judges sound fab (:p) This is soo exciting :cheer:

big bro fan
17-05-2006, 20:49
Looks like we have our simon cowell (Bryan cough cough) can i take part i dont e-mail people because of well reasons i have. If i had to say why i want to take part would be because i love writing comedy and i think im a good writer anyone can judge me by reading my new soap :D

Bryan
17-05-2006, 21:12
Looks like we have our simon cowell (Bryan cough cough) can i take part i dont e-mail people because of well reasons i have. If i had to say why i want to take part would be because i love writing comedy and i think im a good writer anyone can judge me by reading my new soap :D

i'll take that as your entry, ill add you to the list of applicants and let you know if your a contestant by the end of the month

Jojo
17-05-2006, 21:22
Simon, I mean, Bry - ermmm, be nice please :D Or I'll evict myself :rotfl: But not before tipping 3 glasses of water over you and then starting to correct your spelling typos :rotfl: :rotfl:

Jada-GDR
21-05-2006, 17:15
Simon, I mean, Bry - ermmm, be nice please :D Or I'll evict myself :rotfl: But not before tipping 3 glasses of water over you and then starting to correct your spelling typos :rotfl: :rotfl: lmao :rotfl: you tell him lol :lol:

Bryan
21-05-2006, 18:43
The winners prize will include a 1 million pound prize, when the new soapboards cash system is up and running.

The winner will also be given the oppurtunity, if they so wish, to become a writer in a new soapboards project to hit the boards in the late summer!

This is the last week for applicatns please! I would like to get this competetion going as soon as possible!

di marco
21-05-2006, 18:44
This is the last week for applicatns please! I would like to get this competetion going as soon as possible!

so does that mean itll be starting before the end of june?

Bryan
21-05-2006, 18:46
so does that mean itll be starting before the end of june?

yes it will Di Marco, hopefully it will start at the beginning of June, all being well.

DaVeyWaVey
21-05-2006, 19:03
The winners prize will include a 1 million pound prize, when the new soapboards cash system is up and running.

The winner will also be given the oppurtunity, if they so wish, to become a writer in a new soapboards project to hit the boards in the late summer!

That sounds like a brilliant prize, it would be a dream come true for me if i was selected for the competition and i won, i would really want to be part of the new soapboards project!!
Just to let you know, i am away next weekend from friday but i will be back on monday 29th May, so the competition won't start by then will it??

di marco
21-05-2006, 19:06
yes it will Di Marco, hopefully it will start at the beginning of June, all being well.

oh ok then, ill just watch it this time then, i dont need anymore distractions lol seeing as i get easily distracted!

Jada-GDR
21-05-2006, 19:32
i cant wait for it to start! c'est tres super!

Bryan
21-05-2006, 19:33
That sounds like a brilliant prize, it would be a dream come true for me if i was selected for the competition and i won, i would really want to be part of the new soapboards project!!
Just to let you know, i am away next weekend from friday but i will be back on monday 29th May, so the competition won't start by then will it??

It wont start until the beginning of June Dave, dont worry.

di marco
21-05-2006, 19:42
It wont start until the beginning of July Dave, dont worry.

eh? :confused: do you mean june or have you changed it?

Bryan
21-05-2006, 19:45
eh? :confused: do you mean june or have you changed it?

sorry i meant June... its hard to keep track of the months! :lol:

di marco
21-05-2006, 19:52
sorry i meant June... its hard to keep track of the months! :lol:

lol! i thought thats what you meant but was just checking! its cos you want summer to come quicker isnt it!

DaVeyWaVey
21-05-2006, 20:02
It wont start until the beginning of June Dave, dont worry.

Oh good, that's ok then, just checking. :)

Crazy Gal 88
21-05-2006, 20:46
will everyone who isnt a judge be able to also read the scripts? i really want to!!

Bryan
21-05-2006, 21:44
will everyone who isnt a judge be able to also read the scripts? i really want to!!

sure! the scripts will be posted in a thread that can be read by everyone!

Jada-GDR
22-05-2006, 11:33
sure! the scripts will be posted in a thread that can be read by everyone! oh thats good. what are the scripts going to be about?

Bryan
22-05-2006, 11:45
oh thats good. what are the scripts going to be about?

each week you will be set a theme/scenario/tv show to write about

like in the x factor when contestants are giving a genre of song to sing etc

Jojo
22-05-2006, 11:47
each week you will be set a theme/scenario/tv show to write about

like in the x factor when contestants are giving a genre of song to sing etc Am I presuming correctly, when thinking we submit our scripts via pm to yourself rather than post in the thread initially, so judges don't know who has written what and fellow contestants don't get ideas from each other???

Bryan
22-05-2006, 11:51
Am I presuming correctly, when thinking we submit our scripts via pm to yourself rather than post in the thread initially, so judges don't know who has written what and fellow contestants don't get ideas from each other???

your work will be sent via pm intially so no one copies ideas.

however it will be announced whose script is whose so the judges and public can follow trough the natural progression of each contestant throughout the contest, as on x factor.

i am cosidering whether to contain an element of a public poll aswell as the judges votes, where both are added together to get the final score, as used on bbc reality shows.

Jada-GDR
22-05-2006, 12:03

however it will be announced whose script is whose so the judges and public can follow trough the natural progression of each contestant throughout the contest, as on x factor.

i am cosidering whether to contain an element of a public poll aswell as the judges votes, where both are added together to get the final score, as used on bbc reality shows. that could be a good idea, but it could also mean that members vote for their friends, or deliberately don't vote for who they hate, or only read one script and vote for that one.

Bryan
22-05-2006, 12:12
that could be a good idea, but it could also mean that members vote for their friends, or deliberately don't vote for who they hate, or only read one script and vote for that one.

true, ill discuss the matter with my the judes, maybe just let the judges know whose script is whose, as judges arent meant to be unbiased anyway

Jada-GDR
22-05-2006, 12:54
true, ill discuss the matter with my the judes, maybe just let the judges know whose script is whose, as judges arent meant to be unbiased anyway thats a good idea, dont say whose they are until the voting's finished. ooh, i'm looking forward to it!

DaVeyWaVey
22-05-2006, 20:40

i am cosidering whether to contain an element of a public poll aswell as the judges votes, where both are added together to get the final score, as used on bbc reality shows.

Yeah i think that would be a brilliant idea, then the votes can be combined to get a score....maybe you could post the scripts individually then the members/judges can vote and then you can reveal to the contestants which scripts belong to who.
Anyway, i think it's a brilliant idea to get the soapboard members to vote as well, i think they will feel more involved with the competition. :)

Bryan
02-06-2006, 23:19
The finalists for Script Idol 2006 are...

cornetgal
daveywavey
samantha nixon
fanatic loves dennis
the watts rule
jada gdr
abi
jojomum
feeling yellow
vixie lou

Congratulations to you 10! :cheer:

I will PM/Email each of you with information on the competetion and the first entry tonight/tomorrow.

the competition will start next friday for the public to view the scripts. All will be revaled to the public then!

big bro fan
03-06-2006, 22:48
I hate to be a bother but i have to drop out the contest. Im so sorry but im on holiday soon and my computer is having work done on it. Im so sorry good luck to everyone competing.

Bryan
04-06-2006, 11:43
I hate to be a bother but i have to drop out the contest. Im so sorry but im on holiday soon and my computer is having work done on it. Im so sorry good luck to everyone competing.

Well why did you bother joning up when you knew youd be on holiday? :rolleyes:

felling yellow has kindly offered to take your place on the competiton so all is okay

big bro fan
04-06-2006, 12:12
Well why did you bother joning up when you knew youd be on holiday? :rolleyes:

felling yellow has kindly offered to take your place on the competiton so all is okay

Because i only found out yesterday. I cant help it. Im sorry.