PDA

View Full Version : Expensive wotsit

chance
03-05-2006, 14:15
A woman has been fined £75 for throwing a crisp out of her car window.
Hilary Buckland, of Orchard Way, Luton, threw a Cheesy Wotsit into the road and was spotted by a council official who thought it was a cigarette butt.

Mrs Buckland, 46, was issued with the £75 littering fine by Luton Borough Council.

She was told that it was the council's policy to issue fines for littering and it made no difference whether she had thrown a crisp or a cigarette butt.

'Hard done by'

Mrs Buckland said one of the children in her car threw the Wotsit into her lap while she was driving in Leagrave High Street, Luton. She then threw the crisp out of the car window.

The council's Enforcement Chief Jon Maddox said: "The council has invested significantly in a cleaner Luton and my colleagues work hard to make a visible difference.

"I don't intend to let a small minority of litter louts take us a step backwards and will take action against anyone I hear of dropping litter."

Mrs Buckland said: "I'm always clearing up litter and always telling my children. I just feel so hard done by."

crazygirl
03-05-2006, 16:04
well im glad she did get fined because i hate litter something i never do and i always taught my daughter from a early age to put her sweet wrappers in her pocket until she came to a bin and now she is nearly 11 and whenever she is outside eating something she always brings her wrapper in, there is no need to drop litter and people should be fined

Johnny Allen
03-05-2006, 16:30
it's all a bit over the top for a crisp. The whole world has gone loopy, What makes me laugh is they can see a woman throw a crisp out the window yet fail to spot people driving with mobile phones, now that is bizarre.

chance
03-05-2006, 22:16
The world is mad that all i can say about it,get fined for a wotsit its pathetic if you ask me,havent they got better things to do?

Jessie Wallace
04-05-2006, 00:23
It's a crisp, for goddness sake, and a wotsit at that, that'll either be eaten by a bird, or squashed, those particular ones disolve to nothing. The world has gone totally mad.

alan45
04-05-2006, 00:48
What a senseless waste of time and money. They would be better spending time tracking down the owners of dogs which sh*t in the street

Chloe O'brien
04-05-2006, 10:29
Instead of having these jobs worth morons going around hassling people about dropping a stupid crisp in the street, why don't the council have them do some proper work like help defensive old people from being mugged in the street

crazygirl
04-05-2006, 11:34
i have read the story wrong i thought it was a crisp packet i didnt realise we were disgusing a crisp :lol: i take my last replay back when i said so she should of been fined, because i read it wrong :lol:

Rain_
07-05-2006, 14:02
I actually work in conjunction with the police, yet got fined because I was accepting a call from said persons whilst I was driving down the road. Yes i was doing something wrong but i explained to the inspector i was driving and he claimed "It doesn't matter, this is important" What do I do?

shannisrules
07-05-2006, 14:45
oh god whats the world coming to! its a crisp! a car would probably have squshed it and it would have been "disintigrated" (sp?) id have thought these people would have had better things to do than fining someone for littering whislt driving

.:SpIcYsPy:.
07-05-2006, 16:44
I think it's good she's been fined but it's too much for a crisp packet!

Chris_2k11
07-05-2006, 16:45
I think it's good she's been fined but it's too much for a crisp packet!Spicy it was a crisp! :lol:

.:SpIcYsPy:.
07-05-2006, 16:47
Spicy it was a crisp! :lol:
I meant crisp!! :rotfl: This is what having some time of SB can do to you :p

pookie1968uk
07-05-2006, 18:49
throwing a crisp and getting a fine is rediculous! i never throw litter but have often thrown a piece of food that i know will be eaten or will rot into the ground. it would have been different if it was the crisp packet but a crisp....
as johnny allen says, how about catching the mobile phone users instead!

nicole28
08-05-2006, 17:54
I think it is good that they are fining people for littering, but I think it is way too over the top for just a crisp!

shannisrules
08-05-2006, 19:16
how about catching the mobile phone users instead!

ye i agree i know two people who have had serious injuries these past few weeks with other people using phones in the car one of which died