PDA

View Full Version : Series 8 Blurb

xCharliex
27-04-2006, 15:49
As announced by Shed:

BAD GIRLS is back for a hard hitting eighth series. Life on G Wing is shaken up irrevocably when new Wing Governor Louise ‘Lou’ Stoke (Amanda Donohoe) takes the helm at a time of crisis. Ex-Army Governing Governor Joy Masterton (Ellie Haddington) likes to run G Wing with a rod of iron, but Lou has some very different ideas and she’s not afraid to fight for them…

With a suspected terrorist on the wing, a new Prison Officer Donny Kimber (Sid Owen) is on a secret mission. Fancying himself as a bit of a ‘James Bond’, he couldn’t be more thrilled when he’s asked to be a secret Police Liaison Officer! He’s undercover, but how long will it take until he’s found out – especially when he gets cosy with one of the inmates?

Sylvia Hollamby ‘Bodybag’ (Helen Fraser) is miffed when she is passed over for the New Wing Governor’s position.

New Doctor Rowan (Colin Salmon) is assigned to Larkhall prison. But it is soon clear he has an agenda.

Pat Kerrigan (Liz May Brice) still regarded as top dog, is driven to the edge by Natalie Buxton (Dannielle Brent). Could this be the end for one of them?

Prison officers and inmates alike are in for a tough ride this year.

A Shed Production for ITV1.

Series Eight
10 episodes plus a Christmas Episode

Johnny Allen
27-04-2006, 17:34
sounds good, I sure hope Pat or Natalie doesn't go, I really enjoy both characters, nice to see some additions to Larkhall look forward to seeing what Amanda Donhoe brings to the show.

Katy
27-04-2006, 17:37
i know i love Pat an Natalie too. Sid Owens in it, is that the guy that was in Eastenders.

Bryan
27-04-2006, 18:07
16 to 12 to 10... episode numbers are decreasing! Im concerned!

Glad to see theres going to be another christmas special! Hope it's a bit more realisitc than the last one!

I reckon this series will make or break Bad Girls as its up against some tough rivalry and its loosing it's appeal fast, i wish it the best of luck!

Johnny Allen
27-04-2006, 22:36
16 to 12 to 10... episode numbers are decreasing! Im concerned!

Glad to see theres going to be another christmas special! Hope it's a bit more realisitc than the last one!

I reckon this series will make or break Bad Girls as its up against some tough rivalry and its loosing it's appeal fast, i wish it the best of luck!

Im sure it will be fine, it has a solid fan base already. And the fact that its 10 episodes might be a good sign Bryan, the standard of quality writing per episode may be better for it.

Bryan
27-04-2006, 22:57
Im sure it will be fine, it has a solid fan base already. And the fact that its 10 episodes might be a good sign Bryan, the standard of quality writing per episode may be better for it.

we can all but hope quality is improving!

with so many of the core cast now gone... any rumours of syvlia and di leaving then well only have the two julies left...and also there are rumours that this will be phyl's last series

i have taken bad girl to heart over the years, it has been one of my favourite shows but i just dont feel that it has much more life left in it unless it gets some great new characters and original realisitc storylines that return to the gritty realism that was the shows original sucess.

xCharliex
28-04-2006, 00:40
When Bad Girls first started it was only 10 eps, the storylines were fantastic and very realistic, where as now they have kind of followed the whole "Footie Wives" path, which isnt wise in my eyes, ooo that rhymes, lol.
Anyway, i cant see it getting back on form, its getting a bit to glam to be quite honest. It will never be the same again, not without Helen, Nikki, Yvonne, Karen, Shell, Denny and Fenner! The old skool were the best! I can see this being the last series which is a real shame, although i hope Amanda Donohue brings in some more viewers

kels257
28-04-2006, 08:52
i know i love Pat an Natalie too. Sid Owens in it, is that the guy that was in Eastenders.

Yeah he was Ricky in Eastenders.

Sounds like it could be a good series but I agree that it was better back in the start with Fenner, Shell and Yvonne.

melmarshall858
28-04-2006, 08:55
I agree i am a dedicated fan having watched every episode but i do feel that it has gone down hill over the years and now is just a shadow of what it started out as which is a real shame - and the xmas special was just rediculous lets just hope that as there are less episodes that the quality will once again be higher.

DaVeyWaVey
30-04-2006, 15:47
Sounds like this series will be really good. Glad there's going to be another christmas special too. I am also glad there will be only 10 episodes in this series as it's quality not quantity. Looking forward to seeing Sid Owen and Amanda Donohoe being in the show as well. I am a big fan of both of them :)

shannisrules
06-05-2006, 16:42
i hope this series will be good it used to be excellent when shell denny yvonne and the rest were in it the inmates never try to get out anymore i remember when was it denny and someone else were digging a hole through the prison to try and escape now its just unimaginative storylines like drinking and driving or killing, i love this show so i hope it will be good to watch

DaVeyWaVey
06-05-2006, 21:12
i hope this series will be good it used to be excellent when shell denny yvonne and the rest were in it the inmates never try to get out anymore i remember when was it denny and someone else were digging a hole through the prison to try and escape now its just unimaginative storylines like drinking and driving or killing, i love this show so i hope it will be good to watch

Yeah i hope it will be good to watch this series as well, i started watching from the prison fire where Shaz was killed and from that series, every series has been great, so hopefully this series will be no different :)

Bryan
06-05-2006, 21:55

theres been loads of escape attempts since Shell, Shaz and Denny...

the costa cons left in the bakery van and went to Spain!

Yvonne tried to escape but as we know she didnt suceed!

Kris tried to escape but she found Yvonn!

Snowball with the bomb, and snowball with the gun...

dddMac1
08-05-2006, 16:16
sounds great can't wait to see it