PDA

View Full Version : Naomi's axe fear

Florijo
24-04-2006, 09:53
NAOMI'S AXE FEAR

EASTENDERS star Petra Letang fears being axed after a bad public reaction to her character's lesbian fling with married Sonia.

Petra, 26, who plays trainee nurse Naomi Julien in the BBC soap, feels the departure of Natalie Cassidy and James Alexandrou, who play Sonia and husband Martin, leaves her future in doubt.

She said: "My one year contract ends in June. I doubt it will be renewed. Nobody has talked about it. The public weren't pleased with me breaking up Sonia and Martin."

Petra added that the return of Ross Kemp and Steve McFadden as the Mitchell brothers had also outshone other storylines.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/tm_objectid=16984599%26method=full%26siteid=94762-name_page.html

RealityGap
24-04-2006, 10:04
I think if I were her I would be worried too - she hasnt really put down roots in the square, appart from Sonia and Gary and Minty no-one really takes her on - I must say I wont be sorry to see her go - I am not a fan of her

tammyy2j
24-04-2006, 10:40
Its time to get rid of Naomi she is awful character with an awful storyline

callummc
24-04-2006, 11:04
If she gets the axe,it wont be because she broke up a marrhe dosnt want to loseiage it will be cos her charector has not really worked,i personlly couldnt care less,i feel a bit sorry for the actress if she dosn't want to lose herjob,but her charector is just one more reason why i am fast losing interest in EE

crazygirl
24-04-2006, 11:17
i agree with callummc it will be because her character has not worked! personally i hope she does get the chop

starla
24-04-2006, 11:20
[B]i would say get RID OF HER she is awful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

diamond1
24-04-2006, 11:34
awww not naomi she cant go she is one of the few characters that excite me and make eastenders so intresting when has she ever been in a bad episode?

only joking the characters terrible.......i do feel bad for the actress though i mean its not her fault her character didnt become popular but thats the way it goes i supose

i do hope no one influences the producers to get rid of her

(mental note: send check to elstree straight away-just joking)

JustJodi
24-04-2006, 12:46
aw let her go, she hasn't done any thing but stir up trouble, not going to cry if she goes..as for Ross and Steve outshining her,, she never SHINED to begin with..:ninja:

Florijo
24-04-2006, 12:51
I feel sorry for her in a way as it is not her fault she has got such a terrible storyline. However I don't think she is a good enough actress and her character is awful and I for one won't miss her. The problem is if she leaves, no doubt another awful badly acted character will just take her place.

Xx-Vicky-xX
24-04-2006, 12:57
I think shes right about the departue of James and Nat causing her future at Eastenders to be in trouble after all she hasnt really had much to do that doesnt involve Martin and Sonia.

I hope she is right she has been boring and annoying since she started and i deffinatly wont miss her

Florijo
24-04-2006, 13:09
I think shes right about the departue of James and Nat causing her future at Eastenders to be in trouble after all she hasnt really had much to do that doesnt involve Martin and Sonia.

That is one of the reasons that I think the writing on EE has become so appalling. Naomi was so obviously brought in as a plot device to split Sonia and Martin up. We hardly know anything about her as a person. The plotline with Naomi/Sonia/Martin came before the characters.

eastenders mad
24-04-2006, 13:34
well i didn't really her from the start she is so boring espically now

Xx-Vicky-xX
24-04-2006, 13:59
That is one of the reasons that I think the writing on EE has become so appalling. Naomi was so obviously brought in as a plot device to split Sonia and Martin up. We hardly know anything about her as a person. The plotline with Naomi/Sonia/Martin came before the characters.

Exactly when she first came in we hardly saw her then all of a sudden she appears and suddenly we find out she likes Sonia more than we thought and then she breaks Martin and Sonia up and is in it practically every week :( This isnt the first time this has happened either Joe would only pop up in occasional episodes at Salsa until he started chasing Pauline.

di marco
24-04-2006, 14:09
wahoo thats made my day! :D get rid of her and fast, shes the most awful character on there, i cant wait til she goes!

Xx-Vicky-xX
24-04-2006, 14:17
wahoo thats made my day! :D get rid of her and fast, shes the most awful character on there, i cant wait til she goes!

I agree she annoys me so much not just because of what she has done to Martin and Sonia but she hasnt really done anything for the show has she she is so boring and really bugs me and has done since she arrived

Jessie Wallace
24-04-2006, 14:28
Horay, at last, the sooner she goes the better.

dddMac1
24-04-2006, 16:09
she's unpopular and does not bring anything into the show so they should just let her go

Johnny Allen
24-04-2006, 16:10
I knew all my moaning to the BBC and Eastenders scriptwriters would pay of, at last they listened to me, I really do hope she gets axed.

BlackKat
24-04-2006, 16:14
I feel sorry for the actress, because the character and storyline aren't her responsibility. However I wouldn't be sad to see Naomi go.

Also, it may sound better in the context of a whole interview, but that quote just sounds like she's throwing a pity party. :nono:

x Amby x
24-04-2006, 16:31
i can't wait til the moment she leaves, shes a dreadful character!

i_luv_dennis
24-04-2006, 16:36
yeah i think it is time to get rid of her i dont like her though lol

Katy
24-04-2006, 16:41
her character hasnt workde at al. Its not her fault but i feel that if shes axed it will be better as she can do other things. If i were an actor id hate to be tied down to one thing especially if it was my first job.

Kim
24-04-2006, 16:43
She should be very worried. She could at least do better acting of the storylines that she is given.

DaVeyWaVey
24-04-2006, 17:26
I don't care if Naomi is axed or not, she was only brought in for a storyline to be honest and that was splitting Martin and Sonia up and beginning her fling with Sonia. Now Martin and Sonia are both leaving next year, the character will be left isolated as she doesn't really connect/interact with any other characters apart from Garry and Minty.
I think it would be a good decision if her contract wasn't renewed :)

littlemo
24-04-2006, 17:45
Yeah I can't see she has a future with EE, unless they do what they were suggesting before. Bring her family into the square.

leanne27
24-04-2006, 18:16
finally she's leaving! i thought EE producers would never listen, Naomi has been a disaster ever since she arrived on the Square

xcutiekatiex
26-04-2006, 11:59
good i dont like her anyway and maybe sonia might go too that will be a relief there storyline lesibians/bis whatever they are has bored me

Dr. Tangliss
26-04-2006, 16:08
She is highly annoying, I defo think EE should axe her. The sooner the better too!

crazygirl
26-04-2006, 19:21
i don't think anyone like her but her character is so boring

Dr. Tangliss
26-04-2006, 19:26
And she has to stick her nose into people's business!

.:SpIcYsPy:.
27-04-2006, 13:35
*chants* Leave!! Leave!! Leave!!.. :cheer:

star_girl
29-04-2006, 10:18
i really don't like naomis character anyway so good ridance please! x

Dr. Tangliss
29-04-2006, 14:23
She is irritating, I hope they axe her sooner rather then later.

Angeldelight
30-04-2006, 18:49
I really haven't warmed to her character at all. I mean it was an interesting storyline but we all know she's guna get back together with Martin and they'll leave together.
if she had more interaction/friendships with or characters an another interesting storyline before june i may be pursuaded to like her.

chance
30-04-2006, 19:28
NAOMI'S AXE FEAR

EASTENDERS star Petra Letang fears being axed after a bad public reaction to her character's lesbian fling with married Sonia.

Petra, 26, who plays trainee nurse Naomi Julien in the BBC soap, feels the departure of Natalie Cassidy and James Alexandrou, who play Sonia and husband Martin, leaves her future in doubt.

She said: "My one year contract ends in June. I doubt it will be renewed. Nobody has talked about it. The public weren't pleased with me breaking up Sonia and Martin."

Petra added that the return of Ross Kemp and Steve McFadden as the Mitchell brothers had also outshone other storylines.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/tm_objectid=16984599%26method=full%26siteid=94762-name_page.html

It wasnt just because she broke up martin and sonia,none of us re bothered about that i dont think,its just cus your acting is naff love.

eastenders mad
01-05-2006, 10:10
well said that is the truth she can't act and she bores people

JustJodi
01-05-2006, 10:17
Truth be told she couldn't act her way out of a hat !!! She bored the pants off of me !!!!!!!!!!!!:ninja:

leanne27
01-05-2006, 10:24
i agree before she even took and interest in martin and sonia i never liked her she's a total bore to watch

?????
04-05-2006, 11:15
good hope to god she gets the sack, never liked that her.

crazygirl
04-05-2006, 11:39
she is boring so i think eastenders will get shot of her

sarah21
04-05-2006, 16:37
According to Inside Soap this week, Petra knows nothing about this article and there are no plans to axe Naomi. Her contract is up in June but Natalie and James don't leave until Autumn next year so she said anything could happen.

This was obviously the newspaper making something out of nothing, but having said that, public opinion is against her breaking up Sonia and Martin.

BlackKat
04-05-2006, 16:56
This was obviously the newspaper making something out of nothing, but having said that, public opinion is against her breaking up Sonia and Martin.

I never really minded that. I wasn't that fond of Sonia and Martin as a couple, though I could live with them, so I wasn't automatically going to hate anyone who split them up. I dislike her because she's a one-dimensional character, with no potential that I can see, especially with Sonia going.

Richie_lecturer
11-05-2006, 21:16
Confirmed by the Press Association tonight that Naomi is leaving.

DaVeyWaVey
11-05-2006, 21:58
Confirmed by the Press Association tonight that Naomi is leaving.

Oh so it is true then, how reliable is the Press Association??:)

Richie_lecturer
11-05-2006, 22:06
Normally quite reliable, not 100% sure this is true though. Stick around. :)

JustJodi
11-05-2006, 23:28
Do you folks think we have seen the end of Naomi as of this evenings episode ??? or is it too soon for her to be leaving ?:searchme:

DaVeyWaVey
12-05-2006, 18:11
Do you folks think we have seen the end of Naomi as of this evenings episode ??? or is it too soon for her to be leaving ?:searchme:

I think it is a bit too soon for her to be leaving but in last night's episode, it sounded like she was cutting her ties to the Square. :)

Layne
12-05-2006, 18:51
I aint bothered that Naomi split up sonia and martin, but i really do not like her character! Not meaning to sound harsh but i do hope her contract isn't renewed :)

DaVeyWaVey
12-05-2006, 18:54
I aint bothered that Naomi split up sonia and martin, but i really do not like her character! Not meaning to sound harsh but i do hope her contract isn't renewed :)

I have to agree with you, i don't mean to sound harsh either but i don't think her acting is that good:o

Florijo
13-05-2006, 08:39
I have to agree with you, i don't mean to sound harsh either but i don't think her acting is that good:o

Not harsh at all IMO. She is paid to do a job and that is to act. She's not up to standard so she shouldn't be there. :ninja:

Richie_lecturer
13-05-2006, 15:44
Sorry, she isn't leaving now it seems. Only a matter of time though.

Florijo
13-05-2006, 16:16
Sorry, she isn't leaving now it seems. Only a matter of time though.

That's very disappointing. I have nothing against the actress but characters like Naomi have lost me as an EE fan so would rather she left so that I might start watching EE again properly.

matt1378
16-05-2006, 04:04
i hope she does go, she is the worst charactor they have ever brought in,

i even prefer little mo over her:rotfl:

Dr. Tangliss
16-05-2006, 09:20
Why is she not leaving now, her character is so wooden and boring, she has to go!

xStephaniex
17-05-2006, 10:53
poor petra :( shes only doing her job. i think shes a good actress but she needs a better storyline than this one to help broaden her horizons if i used that in the right context :confused: .... i think she could show off her acting skills more if she was given better storylines

Richie_lecturer
17-05-2006, 18:04
By the way, she isn't leaving after all it seems, however it's only a matter of time.