PDA

View Full Version : Doctor Who ratings

Tamzi
23-04-2006, 17:17
I thought if anyone was interested I would post the ratings for this series of doctor who.

Ratings Summary:

Episode 1: New Earth: It had average ratings of 8.0 million and a peak of 8.3 million

Episode 2: Tooth and Claw: It had an average of 8.9 million and at one point it reached 9.3. However if you break the episode down completely it reached 10.03 million viewers!

Episode 3: School Reunion: 7.6 million viewers with a peak of 8.88 million

Episode 4: The Girl in the Fireplace: 7.4 million viewers peaking at 7.8 million

I'll add the ratings for the rest of the episodes when they are released
xxx

P.S More detail on the ratings are further on in the thread

Katy
23-04-2006, 17:18
thats pretty impressive. i had a feeling there would be more tuning in to the second episode.

Layne
23-04-2006, 17:24
oh thansk for posting them babes! Its interesting to know!

Zoesmi
23-04-2006, 17:24
That's really good! i love doctor Who!!!i prefer David Tennant to Christopher Eccleson- i think he's a really good actor!
I'd be really interested to know whereabouts you get those statistics from- is there a database for other programmes too?

Tamzi
23-04-2006, 17:30
I get them off outpost gallifrey who get ratings overnight, they do a breakdown of the episodes ratings. If you're looking for a certain look it up on google, most shows will have their ratings shown somewhere.
I have also found Series 1 ratings if anyone wants to see them.
xxx

dddMac1
24-04-2006, 15:51
thats really good just shows how Good Doctor who is

Abbie
24-04-2006, 19:47
wow thats really good i never knew that many people watched it

the_watts_rule
24-04-2006, 19:53
That's really good. The series seems to be popular.

Cornishbabe
24-04-2006, 20:05
Just wondering. If people record it do they count on the ratings?

di marco
24-04-2006, 20:15
Just wondering. If people record it do they count on the ratings?

erm i dont think so no but im not sure

Abi
27-04-2006, 17:01
The Broadcasters Audience Research Board (BARB) today released the final ratings numbers for New Earth: 8.62 million viewers watched the episode in the UK, an increase of 0.63m on the initial overnight figures. BARB figures traditionally are slightly different than overnights, as they take into account research into timeshifted viewing (watching the episode later after recording it). With this, Doctor Who is third place for the week in all UK programs behind ITV1's "Coronation Street" and BBC1's "EastEnders", and places ninth for the week in the top ten airings (as 'Coronation Street' and 'EastEnders' are both shown multiple times, five and three respectively). These figures also leave 'New Earth', a million viewers up on 'Aliens of London' on the same Saturday in 2005, and 0.62m ahead of the series average for last year, making it the fifth most successful episode since Doctor Who's return, only slightly behind the 8.63m achieved by 'Dalek'.

Also, on the non-terrestrial (multi-channel) charts -- digital and satellite broadcasts -- Doctor Who Confidential episode one was seen by 761,000 viewers to place seventh overall for the week. The documentary was up by over 30,000 on the overnights and almost a quarter of a million more than was achieved by Confidential on the same Saturday in 2005. (Thanks to 'Marcus', Steve Tribe)

SOURCE: Outpost Gallifrey

Tamzi
01-05-2006, 16:03
School Reunion Ratings: An average of 7.6 million viewers watched the episode, with an average 39.8% audience share (peaking very briefly as high as 8.88 million viewers in the final five minutes according to the interval breakdowns.) While this is down over a million viewers from the overnights for the previous episode ("Tooth and Claw"), all of UK television experienced a downturn in ratings due to this weekend's bank holiday; Doctor Who was, in fact, in first place in Saturday's program schedule on all networks by both audience numbers and by share.
Source: Outpost Gallifrey
xxx

DaVeyWaVey
05-05-2006, 23:05
I am glad Doctor Who is doing so well in the ratings, just goes to show how brilliant the show is!

Tamzi
07-05-2006, 12:55
Early news of overnight viewing figures for Saturday's new Doctor Who episode The Girl in the Fireplace on BBC1 are in: an average of 7.4 million viewers watched the episode, with an average 36.6% audience share, down only 0.2 million from the previous week's "School Reunion". According to the ViewingFigures report on 15-minute intervals the episode peaked in the final segment (7:30-7:45) to 7.8 million viewers (the five-minute stats may show it climb even higher). "Doctor Who" was again the #1 rated show on UK television on Saturday both by viewers as well as by audience share.

Source: Outpost Gallifrey
xxx

DaVeyWaVey
07-05-2006, 13:14
Wow that's brilliant! Especially it being the highest figures and audience share on Saturday night. 7.4 million viewers is really good! :)

Abbie
07-05-2006, 15:39
I am glad Doctor Who is doing so well in the ratings, just goes to show how brilliant the show is!I know same here cos when it came back last year it felt like alot of people were making fun of it

star_girl
14-05-2006, 18:57
the ratings seem to be going down :(

Abi
25-05-2006, 15:17
The official audience ratings for Rise of the Cybermen today show a consolidated figure of 9.22 million viwers (including timeshifted viewings), up 0.6 million from the unofficial overnight figure of 8.6 million. The episode was BBC One's second most-watched programme of the week, behind only one edition of EastEnders, and is at number 6 in the chart of the week's highest-rating programmes, the series highest placing since its return last year. It is also Doctor Who's highest chart position since an episode of The Ark in Space reached number 5 in 1975.

DaVeyWaVey
09-07-2006, 19:47
Does anyone have the ratings for the last few episodes of the current series? :)