PDA

View Full Version : MSN Quiz Nights - Which Night?? Please Vote

Jojo
23-04-2006, 15:43
As everyone is pretty keen on doing the msn quiz nights, I'd appreciate it if everyone who would like to join in, would vote for the particular night that is convenient to them - this way, we can start getting things arranged and have our first night :D

Personally - if everyone would prefer an evening, 8pm is best for me, but I will try and accomodate what time is best for everyone else...

Thanks everyone :D

.:SpIcYsPy:.
23-04-2006, 16:02
I voted Mon-Fri as sometimes Im busy on the weekends :D x

Mon and Fri have EE at 8pm :eek: :rotfl:

Tamzi
23-04-2006, 16:05
I can do Fridays and Saturdays and normally Sundays, but I can't do Mon-Thurs, sorry. I may be able to do Mon-Thurs after half-term but right now it's impossible
xxx

shannisrules
23-04-2006, 16:11
i can do any day but with exams and stuff in the next two weeks a friday or saturday night would be best for me

Abi
23-04-2006, 16:32
And day really, apart from Friday. If it was a friday, then i can be on from about just after 9.00 onwards, but theres no way i can get on at 8.00 on a Friday. Sorry! :D

samantha nixon
23-04-2006, 16:40
any day is fine except i might not be able to do it every other weekend, but im not always on here at 8 as mum and dad sometimes come on here i am most of the time though

mikepemb
23-04-2006, 17:07
Any day will suit me apart from first tuesday of the month

lollymay
23-04-2006, 17:22
i can do friday and saturday cos most of the other nights im either at cadets or revising for exams.

Cornishbabe
23-04-2006, 17:27
mondays or fridays are best for me

CrazyLea
23-04-2006, 18:15
Well i definately can't do a Sunday!
Any other day would be ok for me probably. But on Mon, Tues, Fri I can't do 8 But weds Thurs and possibly Sat I can do 8.

Jada-GDR
23-04-2006, 18:51
friday or saturday should do me fine :D

hazey
23-04-2006, 19:06
I can do any evening, as I don't leave for work until 11pm, so I will be happy to go with the majority

Bryan
23-04-2006, 19:09
Monday is explorers night, wednesday is scouts night

any other day suits me fine, but weekends are always dodgy.

di marco
23-04-2006, 19:56
any weekday night at 8pm is probably fine, saturdays i can be on after dr who finishes lol! sundays isnt a very good day, i dont know when i can get on on sundays, it differs, so really any day apart from sundays

the_watts_rule
23-04-2006, 20:15
Well I could do weekday nights. I normally go offline about 8.40 on weekdays but anytime before that would be fine. I can't do Tuesday as I have dancing and drama. I could probably do weekend nights unless I go out somewhere. I would say weekdays if it wasn't too late but preferebly Friday or Saturday.

Chloe O'brien
23-04-2006, 20:22
Monday to saturdat would suit me better as sunday is quiet difficult to get on with being a school night I'm usuallly up to my eye balls in ironing on a sunday

Jessie Wallace
23-04-2006, 21:04
Monday or Sunday evening, as they are the only two night i never work.

Abi
23-04-2006, 21:39
Maybe it could rotate between a few days, so more people can have a go at it...?

Tannie
23-04-2006, 21:44
I wouild have to say a saturday as i can't on a tuesday as i have tutoring which is really boring but i have to go to:p

Jojo
24-04-2006, 16:53
I've had a thought for those that can't nudge (due to having web messenger etc) but could you let me know how many of you there are so I can see whether the idea is worth it please?? Thanks guys and I hope to get this all started in the next week :D

Abi
24-04-2006, 16:56
Can't everyone just shout out their answers, instead of using nudges? Because you'll still be able to see whose got it first then. Just an idea :D

Siobhan
24-04-2006, 17:01
Can't everyone just shout out their answers, instead of using nudges? Because you'll still be able to see whose got it first then. Just an idea :D

or people could just type "Buzz" and Em will be able to know who did it first!! plus it would be more fun and I might join in some night but nothing definite cause I am moving again

Jojo
24-04-2006, 17:02
Well, that was one of the options I was thinking of Abbey :D :p

Jojo
24-04-2006, 17:04
or people could just type "Buzz" and Em will be able to know who did it first!! plus it would be more fun and I might join in some night but nothing definite cause I am moving againI was thinking more along those lines or even just using # as its the closest to the enter key for those who arent fast typers etc

Siobhan
24-04-2006, 17:05
I was thinking more along those lines or even just using # as its the closest to the enter key for those who arent fast typers etc

but Buzz is funnier :rotfl: and wether you can hear it or not, you know people will be saying it too...

di marco
24-04-2006, 19:45
I've had a thought for those that can't nudge (due to having web messenger etc) but could you let me know how many of you there are so I can see whether the idea is worth it please?? Thanks guys and I hope to get this all started in the next week :D

i have web msn so i dont think i can nudge

Jojo
24-04-2006, 20:00
i have web msn so i dont think i can nudgeThats why i am thinking of a new way to "buzz" in hun, so everyone can be included - I'm going to scrap the nudge idea i think, so everyone can join in and have fun.

di marco
24-04-2006, 20:01
Thats why i am thinking of a new way to "buzz" in hun, so everyone can be included - I'm going to scrap the nudge idea i think, so everyone can join in and have fun.

cool, i didnt understand the nudge idea in the first place anyway lol!

samantha nixon
25-04-2006, 18:56
could people not be giving a number then, type that in the text box when you say then when youve done the question people can just click enter

Jojo
25-04-2006, 19:15
I was thinking more along those lines or even just using # as its the closest to the enter key for those who arent fast typers etc

This is why i suggested the above Sam - to try and give everyone as much of a chance as possible.

Meh
25-04-2006, 20:12

Can't you use the chat? http://www.soapboards.co.uk/chat/flashchat.php

Jojo
25-04-2006, 22:49
Can't you use the chat? http://www.soapboards.co.uk/chat/flashchat.phpIf people would prefer that way, then that is fine - I just want to do what is easier and better for the majority...

di marco
26-04-2006, 08:00
If people would prefer that way, then that is fine - I just want to do what is easier and better for the majority...

i dont mind, either way is ok with me

Tori
26-04-2006, 09:12
to use chat, don;t you have to have more than 150 posts or something? if you do, then some people who have less than 150 posts couldn't be included

JustJodi
26-04-2006, 12:03
I chose Wednesday cos there is actually nothing on ...... if I had 2 choices I would have also voted for Sunday...:searchme:

Cornishbabe
26-04-2006, 12:08
I chose Wednesday cos there is actually nothing on ...... if I had 2 choices I would have also voted for Sunday...:searchme:

You could vote for as many days as you wanted couldnt you??

Im more likely to be around on a monday or friday. But it varies. as fir the msn or chat question im not fussed personally as I can use both

Debs
26-04-2006, 12:14
Can't you use the chat? http://www.soapboards.co.uk/chat/flashchat.php

weve tried quizzes on the chat before, when we first got the chat thing and it was really really slow!

msn will be a lot quicker

JustJodi
26-04-2006, 12:17
weve tried quizzes on the chat before, when we first got the chat thing and it was really really slow!

msn will be a lot quicker

I have to agree with Debs on this one NB the chat is way way way too slow, its really alot quicker in MSN.:searchme:

Siobhan
26-04-2006, 12:28
I have to agree with Debs on this one NB the chat is way way way too slow, its really alot quicker in MSN.:searchme:

the thing is with Chat if you click on the button beside you name, it prints you name to send
that can be used as a buzzer

Cornishbabe
26-04-2006, 12:37
the thing is with Chat if you click on the button beside you name, it prints you name to send
that can be used as a buzzer

Im not sure. you cant press send by pressing enter. so it would slow down your time you can respond in if the # key was used it would be ok to use the chat unless it gets too slow

di marco
26-04-2006, 13:48
to use chat, don;t you have to have more than 150 posts or something? if you do, then some people who have less than 150 posts couldn't be included

i think anyone can use chat, i dont think you need a certain amount of posts?

samantha nixon
26-04-2006, 17:38
i dont mind either one is good but msn is quicker
and ems i didnt see that you wrote about the # as thats a better idea than mine

Xx-Vicky-xX
27-04-2006, 20:39
Any day is fine by me look foward to it :)

Jojo
02-05-2006, 11:27
OK - time to get this off the ground i think.

I'm thinking of doing a rota with one week, its a friday night, a fortnight later the saturday and the fortnight after that the sunday night.

So the first quiz night will be on Friday 12th May at 8pm. If you wish to join in - add me to your msn lists, and give me a nudge and you will be added to the group convo.

Get ready to play :D

di marco
02-05-2006, 15:32

I'm thinking of doing a rota with one week, its a friday night, a fortnight later the saturday and the fortnight after that the sunday night.

So the first quiz night will be on Friday 12th May at 8pm. If you wish to join in - add me to your msn lists, and give me a nudge and you will be added to the group convo.

so are you doing the nudging thing? cos i dont think i can do that :(

Xx-Vicky-xX
02-05-2006, 16:07

Can you add me because ive tried to add you and it wont work

Jojo
02-05-2006, 20:50
so are you doing the nudging thing? cos i dont think i can do that :(If you join in, we won't do the nudging - we'll do something else, say # or something like that, so everyone is in the same boat

Can you add me because ive tried to add you and it wont workI'll add you to mine - any probs i'll let you know :D

di marco
02-05-2006, 20:54
If you join in, we won't do the nudging - we'll do something else, say # or something like that, so everyone is in the same boat

oh ok thanks :) also, this may sound silly, but how do you join a convo?

Chris_2k11
02-05-2006, 20:59
oh ok thanks :) also, this may sound silly, but how do you join a convo?The 'invite' part at the top of a convo window...

di marco
02-05-2006, 21:03
The 'invite' part at the top of a convo window...

hang on, im confused, would that be for me to invite someone into a convo, or for me to join someone elses convo? (sorry about all the questions lol!)

Jojo
02-05-2006, 21:06
hang on, im confused, would that be for me to invite someone into a convo, or for me to join someone elses convo? (sorry about all the questions lol!)If you are talking to someone already, then you can click on invite and drag someone else into the same window to talk to you aswell, like lea and I did with you the other night :D

And I'll invite all that want to take part into a convo window with me :D

Chris_2k11
02-05-2006, 21:07
hang on, im confused, would that be for me to invite someone into a convo, or for me to join someone elses convo? (sorry about all the questions lol!)lol, if you went onto the invite part that would mean you were inviting someone into your convo. So if they wanted to invite you into theirs, you'd have to ask them to do it.. :)

CrazyLea
02-05-2006, 21:07

8pm... I can't play :( aw well, might be able to on the saturday fortnight, if casualty isn't on til later.

Jojo
02-05-2006, 21:08
8pm... I can't play :( aw well, might be able to on the saturday fortnight, if casualty isn't on til later.Oh no!!! I can't do any earlier cos of the boys though unless people can take part a 9pm if thats easier ???

di marco
02-05-2006, 21:12
Oh no!!! I can't do any earlier cos of the boys though unless people can take part a 9pm if thats easier ???

9pm probably too late for me cos i have to be off the computer by half past 9! :(

di marco
02-05-2006, 21:14
If you are talking to someone already, then you can click on invite and drag someone else into the same window to talk to you aswell, like lea and I did with you the other night :D

And I'll invite all that want to take part into a convo window with me :D

lol, if you went onto the invite part that would mean you were inviting someone into your convo. So if they wanted to invite you into theirs, you'd have to ask them to do it.. :)

oh right thanks, i understand now! :) i cant see the invite thing, so maybe you cant do that using web msn?

CrazyLea
02-05-2006, 21:15
It's alright. I might be able to get on if my mum goes out though lol. So fingers crossed :)

Jojo
02-05-2006, 21:25
In that case - i'm sticking to 8pm and for those who be there yay!!

I've added all people that have so far said they'd like to play, to my addy list - so will invite all of you lovely people into the convo - if you don't want to play or cant, just leave the convo, simple as that :D

CrazyLea
02-05-2006, 21:32
*cries* :crying: ... only kidding :p

Jojo
10-05-2006, 14:11
Just a reminder for everyone - the first MSN Quiz Night will be held on this coming Friday 12th May at 8pm.

If you wish to be included, ensure you have added me to your contact list, and nudge me when you are online to be added to the conversation. First 10 only will be brought into the game each time, so first come, first served :D

Hope to see you all then :D

di marco
10-05-2006, 15:41
Just a reminder for everyone - the first MSN Quiz Night will be held on this coming Friday 12th May at 8pm.

If you wish to be included, ensure you have added me to your contact list, and nudge me when you are online to be added to the conversation. First 10 only will be brought into the game each time, so first come, first served :D

Hope to see you all then :D

thanks for reminding me! last week i came on at half 8 and thought oh ive missed the quiz when i saw you on msn, then realised it hadnt started yet lol!

Jojo
10-05-2006, 15:51
lol - obviously there won't be petz money up for grabs - but I will still have a leader board etc, and we shall see how popular it is and then we shall see :)

di marco
10-05-2006, 15:55
lol - obviously there won't be petz money up for grabs - but I will still have a leader board etc, and we shall see how popular it is and then we shall see :)

i dont mind that theres not a prize, a prize would have been good but just taking part would be fun! plus im not clever enough to win so i wouldnt have got the money anyway lol!

Jojo
10-05-2006, 15:59
i dont mind that theres not a prize, a prize would have been good but just taking part would be fun! plus im not clever enough to win so i wouldnt have got the money anyway lol! lol - I will be doing points for the first 5 places scoring wise, and not everyone will be able to take part each time, but it should be a good laugh if nothing else

di marco
10-05-2006, 16:04
lol - I will be doing points for the first 5 places scoring wise, and not everyone will be able to take part each time, but it should be a good laugh if nothing else

yeh it should be fun, even if i cant answer the questions lol!

Jojo
10-05-2006, 16:11
yeh it should be fun, even if i cant answer the questions lol! I'm making them suitable for all :D So you should know some of the answers hun :D

di marco
10-05-2006, 16:23
I'm making them suitable for all :D So you should know some of the answers hun :D

oh good lol! well ill try and answer them lol!

Chloe-Elise
10-05-2006, 17:34
Hey, is it too late to sign up for this? It sounds really good :p :D

Cornishbabe
10-05-2006, 20:43
Can I sign up for the quiz please? was it decied what night it would be?

samantha nixon
10-05-2006, 20:47
hiya its this friday emma

also im going out this friday so wont be able to do it but will i be able to do it next time

Cornishbabe
10-05-2006, 20:49
hiya its this friday emma

ok how do i take part? AS I havnt got many peeople from here on msn

mikepemb
10-05-2006, 21:07
jojo whats ur msn address i added that one in your profile but it didnt work

Chloe O'brien
10-05-2006, 23:10
I'm in I will try and be online at 8 on Friday. By the way I want easy questions darling :D

Jojo
11-05-2006, 00:36
jojo whats ur msn address i added that one in your profile but it didnt work I've just checked, and for some reason, i hadn't put the correct address lol, but i have now amended it, so you should all be able to add me to your contact lists. :D

The first quiz will be on friday 12th May. The next one will be a fortnight later on the Saturday night - I will add reminders to the calendar so everyone can see the rota.

In order to join, just nudge me on the night of the quiz for me to add you to the conversation.

Any problems or questions, please let me know.

Xx-Vicky-xX
11-05-2006, 08:51
Its still not come up that you have added me or anything and when ever i add you it says its successful but where as usually with people who have hotmail.com addresses it will show ive added them by saying their email address in my contact list until they accept it doesnt add your email address to my list but i will try again :)

Edit:Actually i think it worked this time but youll have to let me know

Jojo
11-05-2006, 10:32
Its still not come up that you have added me or anything and when ever i add you it says its successful but where as usually with people who have hotmail.com addresses it will show ive added them by saying their email address in my contact list until they accept it doesnt add your email address to my list but i will try again :)

Edit:Actually i think it worked this time but youll have to let me know Has it worked now hun?? I know I have had a couple of requests this morning and I think one of them could have been you :D

Xx-Vicky-xX
11-05-2006, 12:08
Has it worked now hun?? I know I have had a couple of requests this morning and I think one of them could have been you :D

Yeh i think it is ill have a look on my list and if i find you ill say hi so you know its me and it worked

.:SpIcYsPy:.
11-05-2006, 13:53
Oh I really want to take part this Friday but... I haven't got my computer back yet, using dad's and he comes home aorund 8pm!! I guess we will wait and see :p

Cornishbabe
11-05-2006, 15:44
Ive added you emz. Ill hopefully be online tomorrow night