PDA

View Full Version : Davina complains..

chance
23-04-2006, 10:16
Davina McCall has complained about negative press coverage of her ratings-flop chat show.

Speaking to Radio 5 Live, the Big Brother presenter said "depressing" reports on the programme had affected her team's morale and made her job "really difficult". She stopped reading papers to avoid the stories, she said.

"I'm not going to lie and say it hasn't affected me at all because it does," explained the host. "What I think is a shame is that something's not given a chance, and I'm really proud of the show that I did.

"When you get that much negative press, people just don't bother switching on to have a look, and if you'd actually tried it out it was actually a great alternative."

McCall also blamed the show's bad ratings on its time slot. "It was a light entertainment programme that was put in the toughest slot on the BBC," she commented. "But people, members of the public, come up to me and say is everything alright so I kind of inadvertently get it through them."

The show, called Davina, performed poorly from the start. The BBC has yet to confirm if it will continue.

alan45
23-04-2006, 10:37
Davina McCall has complained about negative press coverage of her ratings-flop chat show.

The show, called Davina, performed poorly from the start. The BBC has yet to confirm if it will continue.

Why cant she face facts. The show was Crap and so was she.

Tori
23-04-2006, 12:47
we have too many chat shows, thats why! she can do BB and thats about all

Katy
23-04-2006, 12:57
is she not competing with the apprentice.

Lets see.....Which ones better..................

pookie1968uk
23-04-2006, 18:38
it wasnt the press coverage that did it for me it was the fact that i knew she was hosting the programme! come on, there are many better people than davina McCall to host a chat show!

Jessie Wallace
23-04-2006, 21:10
I don't have a problem with Davina's show, i quite like her, she can be funny and very amusing at times, the shows i saw were very good, especially the one with Dawn French, but as with all chat shows you only watch it when you know that there is going to be someone your interested about is going to be on it. Plus she was up against The Apprentise, (Boring) which a lot of people like, so she never really stood a chance. Poor managementr on the BBC's side if you ask me.

chance
23-04-2006, 21:46
Im not that keen on Davina never have been,doesnt she read the questions off a card on her show though? Thats not a sign of a good host..

Jessie Wallace
23-04-2006, 23:23
So does Johnathon Ross, and a few other people i've seen. I expect the other have an auto-que style thing, telling them bit's and pieces, or an ear maybe an piece.

dddMac1
24-04-2006, 15:38
i like Davina she's a good presenter but her show lacks something