PDA

View Full Version : Bad Actors

Jada-GDR
22-04-2006, 18:47
has anyone else noticed that ee seem to be recruiting more actors because of how good-looking they are and not because of talent? like dawn, naomi, carly etc... it always has to be someone who will "catch the eye of the walford men" as the papers put it. ee is turning into hollyoaks!!! well, no, hollyoaks is cool, but all the people somehow have to be very attractive (like rhys :love: ) but to the point, what does everyone else think?

alan45
22-04-2006, 18:52
I couldnt compare the woman of EE with those of Holloaks.

Chris_2k11
22-04-2006, 18:54
has anyone else noticed that ee seem to be recruiting more actors because of how good-looking they are and not because of talent? like dawn, naomi, carly etc... it always has to be someone who will "catch the eye of the walford men" as the papers put it. ee is turning into hollyoaks!!! well, no, hollyoaks is cool, but all the people somehow have to be very attractive (like rhys :love: ) but to the point, what does everyone else think?Naomi? Attractive? :sick:

Safia.bradford@
22-04-2006, 19:27
Yeah they are doing it more often now with Carly Wicks, Dawn Swann and Dean Wicks. All of them are dreadful actors.

Katy
22-04-2006, 20:59
the acting isnt that bad. I think the storylines arent that good, and new characters have been overlooked by the mitchells returning.

Jada-GDR
22-04-2006, 21:35
Naomi? Attractive? :sick:she's supposed to be. i dont think so, don't worry!!!

Daisyduck
22-04-2006, 22:46
Yeah they are doing it more often now with Carly Wicks, Dawn Swann and Dean Wicks. All of them are dreadful actors. Yes well said, the acting is rubbish and they are only getting the girls in noe to pull the male viewers. :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

instinct
22-04-2006, 22:55
she's supposed to be. i dont think so, don't worry!!!

Phew i was going to say!! I thought I might have gone blind or somthing.

callummc
23-04-2006, 01:10
well my grans fuming,she says ee has gone to the dogs,and even the new dogs are as useless as the new cast,she says shes stopprd watching now cos in her opinion ee is now just catering for kids,except for dot of course,mind you she likes most of the old cast,but says they are being overlooked for ridiculas unrealistic hype hoping to attract youngsters,and in her opinion ee dont care what their old loyal veiwers want to see they are just chasing ratings,and shes fuming cos she says she has to pay her licence,so they can pay high wages to actors who should go back to acting school,and writers who have lost the plot

alan45
23-04-2006, 07:48
Yes well said, the acting is rubbish and they are only getting the girls in noe to pull the male viewers. :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdowWell they have failed miserably then.. No matter how good looking the actresses are if the storylines and acting remain crap then I will continue to give the show a miss

Johnny Allen
23-04-2006, 07:58
Well the thing is they are going for the fresh approach and getting in the young characters for the young audience and it's not working. The worst actress at the moments has to be a toss up between the girl that plays Carly or Louisa Lytton, both absolutely appalling at times.

Chris_2k11
23-04-2006, 08:06
Well the thing is they are going for the fresh approach and getting in the young characters for the young audience and it's not working.I must admit, it does seem to be reminding me more & more of Hollyoaks recently with Bradley, Stacey, Ruby, Deano, and the rest of the clan..

Florijo
23-04-2006, 10:11
I'm 22 but I can't stand most of the younger characters and the storylines they have. I'd much prefer to watch a storyline with Dot or Pat than watch a storyline where Ruby Allen sleeps with Juley Smith and Carly Wicks has a cat fight with Dawn Swann.

I do think that EE is more about the younger audience now and I hate it. When was the last time EE tackled a gritty, real life storyline. Hollyoaks does have a lot of young and good looking characters but they have had some good storylines that I have enjoyed (the date rapes, OCD, J/B) a lot more than anything I have watched in EE.

DaVeyWaVey
23-04-2006, 11:27
I don't think the new actors in EE are that bad, if some of the new actors who have come into the show get a good serious or gritty storyline, then i think that could show their true acting ability but i like most of the new characters and i think they are ok actors, it does sometimes remind me of turning more and more into Hollyoaks though which i don't want :p

di marco
23-04-2006, 12:01
I'm 22 but I can't stand most of the younger characters and the storylines they have. I'd much prefer to watch a storyline with Dot or Pat than watch a storyline where Ruby Allen sleeps with Juley Smith and Carly Wicks has a cat fight with Dawn Swann.

I do think that EE is more about the younger audience now and I hate it. When was the last time EE tackled a gritty, real life storyline. Hollyoaks does have a lot of young and good looking characters but they have had some good storylines that I have enjoyed (the date rapes, OCD, J/B) a lot more than anything I have watched in EE.

i agree with you there. i quite like having younger characters in it, i think that soaps need to have a mixture of different age groups. however, these younger actors need to be able to act and not be brought in just cos they are fit or whatever. also they need to give the younger characters some decent storylines rather than the rubbish they seem to get given. like florijo, i watch hollyoaks, and yes most of their cast consist of younger characters, and yes most of them are good looking, and yes some of them cant act to save their lives, but the different between hollyoaks and ee is that hollyoaks are giving these younger characters decent serious storylines to do, yes some of the storylines are immature and pointless, but they are put alongside issues such as date rape, ocd, racist bullying etc. i think if ee got in people who could act and gave them better storylines, then it would be good to have a group of younger characters as well as older ones, and i also think that they need to be used the same amount as each other, the younger characters should be given a storyline but so should the older characters

Katy
23-04-2006, 12:16
i dont really think that you can compare Eastenders to hollyoaks, they are both different and are meant to appeal to different age groups. I think Eastenders would not be able to show alot of their stories if it was in a 6 30 time slot, and again Hollyoaks could show more detail if they were shown at 8 00. I think Actors arent that bad i just think that there diferent to alot we have had in the past. All soaps go through a patch where the characters chnge due to people leaving i think it takes a bit of getting used to.

Jada-GDR
23-04-2006, 12:32
but hollyoaks show more detail anyway :lol:

Florijo
23-04-2006, 12:40
i dont really think that you can compare Eastenders to hollyoaks, they are both different and are meant to appeal to different age groups. I think Eastenders would not be able to show alot of their stories if it was in a 6 30 time slot, and again Hollyoaks could show more detail if they were shown at 8 00.

I don't know if that is true. I can't think of anything that EE has shown that could not be shown at 6:30.

xxchicxx
23-04-2006, 22:12
Going back to the bad acting, add little Ben Mitchell, the latest on the list of bad ones. After the throwing the pen on the floor scene, his bad acting shone out in true colour.

diamond1
24-04-2006, 12:14
hahahaha :lol: the actor who plays ben is 10 years old he is entitled to be bad oh well that was funny when he threw the pen on the floor

why does everyone pick on hollyoaks its not like everyone in coronation street can act either look i know its the biggest soap but even they have bad actors

Florijo
24-04-2006, 12:56
hahahaha :lol: the actor who plays ben is 10 years old he is entitled to be bad oh well that was funny when he threw the pen on the floor

why does everyone pick on hollyoaks its not like everyone in coronation street can act either look i know its the biggest soap but even they have bad actors

Personally I reckon EE has just as many bad actors as Hollyoaks.

di marco
24-04-2006, 14:03
hahahaha :lol: the actor who plays ben is 10 years old he is entitled to be bad

no hes not imo, if hes being hired to act then at 10 hes old enough to be able to act properly, i know some kids who can act better than him and some are younger than 10. when you get really young kids, like 3 or 4, then they have an excuse not to be able to act, but at 10 hes had enough time to learn and so should be able to act if hes going to do professional acting

di marco
24-04-2006, 14:04
Personally I reckon EE has just as many bad actors as Hollyoaks.

i agree, i can pick out some good actors on ee and some good actors on hollyoaks, i can also pick out a lot of bad actors on both soaps

DaVeyWaVey
24-04-2006, 16:58
Going back to the bad acting, add little Ben Mitchell, the latest on the list of bad ones. After the throwing the pen on the floor scene, his bad acting shone out in true colour.

I have to disagree. I think the boy who plays Ben Mitchell is a very good young actor but doesn't seem like the son of Phil Mitchell :D

Florijo
24-04-2006, 17:02
I have to disagree. I think the boy who plays Ben Mitchell is a very good young actor but doesn't seem like the son of Phil Mitchell :D

I think it is a good thing that he doesn't seem like the son of Phil. :)

Siobhan
24-04-2006, 17:04
I think it is a good thing that he doesn't seem like the son of Phil. :)

me too. I am glad he is not a mitchell.. he was brought up by Kathy and gavin so we don't know what Gavin was like...

xxchicxx
24-04-2006, 23:49
no hes not imo, if hes being hired to act then at 10 hes old enough to be able to act properly, i know some kids who can act better than him and some are younger than 10. when you get really young kids, like 3 or 4, then they have an excuse not to be able to act, but at 10 hes had enough time to learn and so should be able to act if hes going to do professional acting

Belle in Emmerdale is a good example! She is a fantastic little actress!!

Pixie
25-04-2006, 02:46
i dont think little ben is a bad actor - i thinks he's just portraying the character like he's been told.

i also dont think the new actors are particually bad but many of them are being given pretty pathetic storylines so they don't really have the oppertunity to shine (like the rather annoying Dawn modeling storyline).

DaVeyWaVey
27-04-2006, 21:20
i dont think little ben is a bad actor - i thinks he's just portraying the character like he's been told.

i also dont think the new actors are particually bad but many of them are being given pretty pathetic storylines so they don't really have the oppertunity to shine (like the rather annoying Dawn modeling storyline).

I have to agree with everything you have said here :)

Babe14
29-04-2006, 10:18
It's the lack of decent storylines that's letting most of the actors/actresses down. If they are given a good script and a very gritty/dramatic/action/emotinal etc storyline then their true acting ability will shine through.

Dr. Tangliss
29-04-2006, 14:25
has anyone else noticed that ee seem to be recruiting more actors because of how good-looking they are and not because of talent? like dawn, naomi, carly etc... it always has to be someone who will "catch the eye of the walford men" as the papers put it. ee is turning into hollyoaks!!! well, no, hollyoaks is cool, but all the people somehow have to be very attractive (like rhys :love: ) but to the point, what does everyone else think?

I would not say that Naomi is good looking.