PDA

View Full Version : Succeed the Queen?

chance
21-04-2006, 09:14
Who do you think should succeed the Queen?

alan45
21-04-2006, 10:01
If it were up to me I think Princess Anne. She is the hardest working of the whole lot of them.

Florijo
21-04-2006, 11:12
If I had to choose I would choose Prince William but I'd rather neither.

pookie1968uk
21-04-2006, 11:39
if i picked one it would have to be william.

Siobhan
21-04-2006, 11:47
I think I would make a great replacement for the queen :rotfl::rotfl:

Only joking, I don't really care but I would like to think that it would be William as he is young and might bring in fresh idea and get people in the UK to believe in the monarcy again

Cornishbabe
21-04-2006, 12:07
william. by the time the queen stops ebing the queen charles will be too old

Siobhan
21-04-2006, 12:43
it is a bit unfair on Charles if William gets it.. he has waited so long that he deserves it even if for a week... he is too old but he is also next in line for the throne.

dddMac1
21-04-2006, 15:02
After the Queen dies i would like William to be king because i don't like or trust Prince Charles
If Charles gets it may as well be the end of the Monarchy

(sorry voted for Prince charles by mistake)

Jojo
21-04-2006, 15:59
I personally don't think Charles should succeed the Queen.

This may be an "old" view, but in my opinion, King Edward had to abdicate over his romance and love for Mrs Simpson and whilst times may have changed, as the Head of the Church of England, he should be setting an example to the sanctity (sp?) of marriage and what wedding vows mean, which means extra marital affairs are forbidden, and he didn't do that. If Edward had to give up the thrown for the love of his life, then Charles should do the same, no matter how long he may have waited for it - he conducted an extra marital affair for many years and whether he always loved Camilla or not, the day he took his wedding vows with Diana, it should have stopped.

Though by todays standards, what is the monarchy all about anyway :searchme: It doesn't mean the same these days as it used to does it?? :searchme:

Abbie
21-04-2006, 18:43
If it were up to me I think Princess Anne. She is the hardest working of the whole lot of them.well now that you mention it i agree with you

Jessie Wallace
21-04-2006, 19:16
I think William should be next, Charles is a plonker, and i really don't like or trust him.
William seems much more with it, and able to do the job, he apears to have a wiser head on his shoulders.