PDA

View Full Version : The Mc Cartneys v The Fur Trade

Luna
20-04-2006, 15:33
Did anyone watch this last night? im watching it now and feel physically sick.

ive just watched a poor dog being skinned alive just so someone can have a coat made for them.

They have also proved that alot of the fake fur that is for sale over here is actually real!!!

Disgusting

Siobhan
20-04-2006, 15:46

ive just watched a poor dog being skinned alive just so someone can have a coat made for them.

They have also proved that alot of the fake fur that is for sale over here is actually real!!!

Disgusting

That is just wrong.. I can understand in very very cold countries, like the artic, where they kill an animal for food, clothes and warmth as they can't really grow veg and nip out to the shops for manmade fibre clothes but to kill a dog and sell it as fake fur is completely wrong.. Well done the Mc Cartneys

Luna
20-04-2006, 16:17
well thats me watched the full thing - good thing i wasnt eating that was horrible those poor wee animals. I dont think i could ever watch that china film again

Cornishbabe
20-04-2006, 16:28
I watched it. Its was good to see them using their famous status to get a message across. I can understand in cold places the need to wear fur. But if you have money you dont need to wear fur to show it you could buy dimonds and nice things instead.

Siobhan
20-04-2006, 16:31
I watched it. Its was good to see them using their famous status to get a message across. I can understand in cold places the need to wear fur. But if you have money you dont need to wear fur to show it you could buy dimonds and nice things instead.

Yes, you could use your money to save the animal rather than wear it.

JustJodi
20-04-2006, 16:31

Disgusting

I have to say I watched the entire program, hubby cringed at seeing those dogs and cats pitched over in those metal cages, the fear in those poor animals eyes,, it was way too much,, if they make even some head way to out law the fur trading in areas where it should be forbidden ( ie the baby harp seals) then well done !!!!

crazygirl
20-04-2006, 16:33
i watched it too! it was horrible them poor cats and dogs it was very disturbing but since seeing that i would never buy fur now!

JustJodi
20-04-2006, 16:34
Yes, you could use your money to save the animal rather than wear it.

Good one Siobhan, I know I would contribute to saving those poor animals, and there are some wonderful FAKE furs out there ( no dogs or cats) that people can buy ( cos I have one and it is 100% fake) it looks just like black mink,, but I know for sure it does not contain one REAL pelt in it.. Those celebrites who want furs can get these gorgeous FAKE FURS !!!

Luna
20-04-2006, 17:42
ive got a jacket with a fake fur hood on it....got me wondering now

dddMac1
24-04-2006, 15:44
i watched the program and it left me in tears cause it's just Cruel how can anyone skin a Animal when it's still alive and use it's fur like nothing had happned celebs like Jlo should not be wearing it

but the program needed to be shown well done to the BBC and the Macartneys