PDA

View Full Version : Ivan Quits

tammyy2j
18-04-2006, 16:23
Emmerdale actor Daniel Brocklebank has revealed he is to leave the Dales later this year.

Brocklebank, who plays Ivan Jones in the ITV soap, will film his final scenes in early June and remain on screen until July.

Speaking of his departure, he told Inside Soap: "I originally came in to do just three episodes, so to stay for a year-and-a-half has been great. I'm pleased that I'll be leaving Ivan behind on a high note, as I've really enjoyed playing him."

An insider added: "He's [Ivan] going to become a pawn in the rivalry between King & Sons and Matthew and Sadie's new business. There's also a romantic liaison on the cards for Ivan, which will come as a big shock to viewers and villagers alike."

I wonder will his new love be male or female?

chance
18-04-2006, 17:28
I didnt actuallly mind ivan as a character,i can think of many more people i would like to see leave the dales.

bakedbean
18-04-2006, 20:43
maybe he will be one of the people to be killed in the explosion

DaVeyWaVey
18-04-2006, 21:03
I am actually gutted that he is leaving. I think there was a lot more Emmerdale producers could have done with his character but if he wanted to leave, then producers can't actually stop him.
I really wanted Paul and Ivan to get back together but this won't happen now :(
His exit sounds interesting though involving the Kings and a love interest :)

kaz505
18-04-2006, 21:20
As far as I know, Daniel (Ivan) didn't leave of his own accord - the producers decided not to renew his contract, which baffles me, as I thought that Ivan was a very popular character.

iocioc
18-04-2006, 21:29
pity he's going alot more storylines were left in him

DaVeyWaVey
18-04-2006, 22:21
pity he's going alot more storylines were left in him

Yeah exactly. This is a big letdown, so much more could have been done with him.
And why did the producers not renew his contract?? It baffles me :confused:
As far as i knew he was popular with viewers and there were lots of stuff left for him to do.

kaz505
18-04-2006, 22:35
Yeah exactly. This is a big letdown, so much more could have been done with him.
And why did the producers not renew his contract?? It baffles me :confused:
As far as i knew he was popular with viewers and there were lots of stuff left for him to do.

I completely agree with you there, that's why I set up a petition for viewers who disagree with the decision.

You can sign it at:

http://www.petitiononline.com/db3d0201/petition.html

Luna
18-04-2006, 23:19
i think its really sad to see him go he's brilliant in emmerdale sorry to see him go

kaz505
19-04-2006, 18:27
ITV Teletex page 116 has confirmed what most of us already knew - that the character of Ivan was axed as part of a cast cull. (The article starts with the sentence: 'And the cull goes on...it's been revealed that actor Daniel Brocklebank will be leaving Emmerdale in June...').

So, if anyone hasn't yet signed the petition yet, and disagree with the decision to axe Ivan, please sign the petition to keep him, at:

http://www.petitiononline.com/db3d0201/petition.html

Thanks,
Kaz.

DaVeyWaVey
19-04-2006, 21:23
If they are doing cast cull they should axe Terry, Paddy, Matthew, Sadie, Dawn and Kelly to name a few. All of these people deserve to go more than Ivan in my opinion.

kaz505
19-04-2006, 21:29
Apparently, the characters rumoured (some already confirmed) to be culled, are:

Simon,
Lesley,
Ivan,
Alice,
Dawn,
Danny,
Adam,
Noreen.

The first four have already been confirmed to be leaving.

DaVeyWaVey
19-04-2006, 21:36

Simon,
Lesley,
Ivan,
Alice,
Dawn,
Danny,
Adam,
Noreen.

Yeah i knew the first four were already leaving. I am glad about Dawn and Danny being rumoured to go as well. Pointless characters in my opinion but i like Adam and Noreen as well, she could be kept in Emmerdale for light hearted comedy :)

kaz505
19-04-2006, 21:55
I agree with you about Noreen, her friendship with Val is hilarious to watch! I can see why the producers decided to axe most of the characters on the list, but why Ivan? There's no justifying their decision, he's one of the most promising characters, and there's so much more that can be done with him, especially his relationship with Paul, which ended far too quickly for my liking, there was a lot more mileage in it yet. There were endless possibilities for them as a couple, they could have even been the first gay soap couple to take part in the new marriage ceremony (aside from Doctors, of course!).

tammyy2j
20-04-2006, 10:45

Simon,
Lesley,
Ivan,
Alice,
Dawn,
Danny,
Adam,
Noreen.

You can add Sadie and Cain as both are confirmed to be leaving.

dddMac1
20-04-2006, 12:25
thats a shame i liked the Character of Ivan