PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye For Now (Duke Of Edinborough Gold)

Bryan
17-04-2006, 19:07
Hiya guys, just thought id let everyone know that i want be around from tomorrow until Sunday, as im going to be off doing my Duke of Edinburugh Gold Award in the Lake District.

I have to walk 20 miles a day for 4 days (3 nights), carrying all my food, clothes, cooking equipment, and tents on my back. So its hard work!!!!

Devon Seas will continue, I have given Abi 3 days worth of episodes to post, and she will post the others days that I am abscent.

The guess the song competion Abi has said she will run whilst im gone, so pm/email your answers to Abi until Sunday if you wish to guess.

If you need to get in touch with me about modding: i.e closing threads or warning members then send me a pm, and ill see to it as soon as im back.

I thought id post to explain my abscnece and make you aware of the above sitautions whilst im away.

I will miss you guys and the boards for the time im away.

~*~Leanne~*~
17-04-2006, 19:16
Hi have fun and it sounds like a lot of walking

.:SpIcYsPy:.
17-04-2006, 19:19
Omg!! I just got back at 4pm and your going now!! :( Anyways, I will speak to you soon, have a nice time and good luck!! Sounds like ALOT of walking but I'm sure you'll do great :D

Shall miss you!! xx

Layne
17-04-2006, 19:21
Ohh your off on a holiday! Well make sure you pack the suncream & your swimming shorts! :rotfl: Sorry!

I could never do that, to much walking - i am lazy! :rolleyes: and i am just so into my luxuries! And i couldn't carry it all round again the lazy thing crops up!
Good on you though honey!
have lot and lots of fun and make sure you think about us all :p
And thank God Devons seas is still going near enough a week without it - i dread to think what i would of done :p
Bye honey and have fun, we'll miss you and see you back next sunday!
Oh and Good luck!
Layne xxx

God i do go on don't i!

shannisrules
17-04-2006, 19:33
see you when you get back then, a lot of walking coming up for you my sister is doing her duke f edinborough dunno what shes on at the moment though although i know she does lots of walking and camping in hills etc

di marco
17-04-2006, 19:34
see ya bryan, have fun and good luck! :)

Abi
17-04-2006, 19:40
Hope everything goes well, hun. Can't beleive your doing Gold :eek: Bronze was hard enough!! Your mad, Mad i tell ya!

20km a day, with that huge backpack... good luck with it!! Sure you'll have a fab time :) (once you get over the blisters, acheing joints, rehydration, broken back... or is that just me?! :p)

Have a great time, i'll miss ya :D

Cornishbabe
17-04-2006, 19:55
hope everything goes well. Im up in the lakes doing mine next month.
wishing you great weather!

have fun

Luna
17-04-2006, 20:11
have a great time hunni xxx dont work too hard

alan45
17-04-2006, 20:19
Enjoy Bry hope the weather is kind to you and you pass your GOLD

Jessie Wallace
17-04-2006, 21:05
Good luck hun, hope all goes well, and i'm sure will be fine. Take Care xx

Chloe-Elise
17-04-2006, 21:10
Good luck, take care, and have a good time :D Hope the weathers ok ,you are very brave doing gold by the way :p

Debs
17-04-2006, 21:12
good luck bry and have a fab time!!

Kim
17-04-2006, 21:19
Good luck Bry and have fun doing it.

Meh
17-04-2006, 22:20
Good luck Bryan. 20km/day is tough - watch those blisters

feelingyellow
17-04-2006, 22:40
Aww bye BB! Have fun and good luck with it! :cheer:

Luna
17-04-2006, 22:42
Good luck Bryan. 20km/day is tough - watch those blisters

thered be blisters on the blisters if it was me doing it

Chloe O'brien
17-04-2006, 23:09
Good luck Bryan you're a lot more braver than I would 20km a day look after yourself and take care see you sunday xxx

samantha nixon
18-04-2006, 17:53
i no youve already gone now but good luck and have fun doing all that walking

chance
18-04-2006, 22:54
Good luck bryan,hope you get your gold! :)

the_watts_rule
20-04-2006, 20:12
Good luck , have a nice time. I hope you get your award! :)

22-04-2006, 21:23
I see BB your online, though I think your meant to be back tomorrow..

So how did it go?! :D x

Bryan
22-04-2006, 21:44
I see BB your online, though I think your meant to be back tomorrow..

So how did it go?! :D x

I was meant to be back tonight but i thought i wouldnt be home until later than i did, therfore im online tonight!

Bad news im afraid - 3 of the members from our 2 groups had to drop out due to major injuries, as were such a tight night group we decided to all pull out after 1 and a half days so we could all complete it together at a later date with more traning and practice.

This is no big deal really as we have until we are 25, and at the moment were working on our physical, skill, residential and service aswell. We ended up having a few days in a shallet in the lakes which wasnt too bad, despite the obvious disapointment.

feelingyellow
22-04-2006, 21:48
Aww sorry it didn't go well BB, but I suppose it gives you a bit of practise :) And you have 8 years to do at least lol :)

22-04-2006, 21:55
Awww sorry it didn't go to plan but as Emmie said, you got 8 more years!! I'm sure your get your gold next time :cheer: x

Carrie Bradshaw
26-04-2006, 11:57
Thats a shame you had to postpone. Things never seem to go to plan where Duke of Edinburgh is concerned, do they? Lol! :) We had a few drop out on our Gold as well. And the computer added up our distances on our route cards wrong so we ended up walking almost 100km in total for our assessment expedition. :eek: I was well tired by the end of it but its so much fun!
I'm usuall a bit of a girly girl, hardly ever without my make up on and my hair straightened, but when you're on duke of edinburgh everyone's in the same boat and you don't really think about it. I got sunburnt too, so I was abit red faced. :angry: I'm prob the only person in the world who can get sunburnt in Scotland!

Cornishbabe
26-04-2006, 12:05
sorry to here things didnt go to plan. At least you've got plenty of time left. You could think of it as extra training..... at least you didnt fail for going to the pub and getting hammered like a group of my mates did.

Katy
26-04-2006, 16:34
youll get there in the end. I could nt do it i tell you that now. Walking and Katy dont ever appear in the same sentence.

Is this where you meet the queen if you complete it. good luck with it in the future anyway.

Abi
26-04-2006, 18:20
Is this where you meet the queen if you complete it. good luck with it in the future anyway.

Thats a point. Yeah, you do once you've completed gold.

You better hurry up and pass it, so you can come down to London and say hey to me :p :rotfl:

Hope everything goes better next time, hun x

shannisrules
22-05-2006, 16:43
my sisters just come back ftom a practice for her gold in the lakes said she did 26 miles walking and the real one is 50 miles but it was really wet with all the rain we've had so wasnt the best weekend to do it! apparently when you've done the gold you get to see the duke of edinburgh not the queen but some parts of your gold count towards the queens scout award-if you do it then you get to meet the queen when you complete the queens scout award

Cornishbabe
22-05-2006, 17:29
youll get there in the end. I could nt do it i tell you that now. Walking and Katy dont ever appear in the same sentence.

not everyone get to meet to queen or any of teh royal family. you just get to see their representatives