PDA

View Full Version : Pubs closed in Ireland

Siobhan
14-04-2006, 09:17
Every christmas and good friday the pubs shut in Ireland. I am fine with it but yesterday there were queues miles long outside off licence cause people wanted to have drink in the house for today. The majority of these people are those who wouldn't normally go drink but as soon as they hear the pub are shut they have to stock up

Do you think that the Pubs should stay open on these day like they do in the UK or do you think the UK should close the pubs as it is only 2 days a year?

willow
14-04-2006, 09:46
yes they people who work there should have a day off!!

nothing to do woth the extra sales i would make in the off licence where i work!!! he he

Kim
14-04-2006, 10:14
No they shouldn't, it stops my dad moaning at me all day!

twinkle_eyes83
14-04-2006, 11:46
christmas day yes i think they should mybe open for a couple of hours on christmas day night not really to sure on good friday as its really the same as any other day

chance
14-04-2006, 12:06
Doesnt bother me either way.Dont go to pub and neither does other half.

samantha nixon
14-04-2006, 13:00
wouldnt make no difference to me as christmas day we are all together as a family so no one goes down the pub but i dont see why it closes on good friday as like laura sais its just a normal day

Siobhan
14-04-2006, 13:02
wouldnt make no difference to me as christmas day we are all together as a family so no one goes down the pub but i dont see why it closes on good friday as like laura sais its just a normal day

Not in Ireland.. it is a big Catholic day and as we are 95% catholic we close the pubs for some reason

Em
14-04-2006, 13:04
Not in Ireland.. it is a big Catholic day and as we are 95% catholic we close the pubs for some reason

In that case it should stay the way it is I think, If there wasnt a good reason then Id say yes, change it, but if its the religion of 95% of the population i think its ok.

I think its weird that its ok to drink on that day but not go to the pub though

Chloe O'brien
14-04-2006, 16:50
I think that the pubs should stay closed on these days as they are opened the rest of the year and bar staff deserve to have time to spend with their families as much as anyone else. I'm sure it would not kill some people to do without a visit to the pub twice a year. I remember when I was at primary school that all the shops closed for the whole 2 weeks over xmas

Cornishbabe
14-04-2006, 18:11
I clicked no but its no for good friday as not evryone celebrates easter and plus if you work in a poub you get double time :cheer:

BUT they shouldnt be open on christmas day just beacuse

Luna
15-04-2006, 20:04
christmas day and new years day yup but not good friday dont see the point in that

Debs
15-04-2006, 20:56
dosent bother me at all i dont go to pubs anymore

i can see the point in xmas day closure but why good friday???? all the shops are open so pubs should be too

Jojo
15-04-2006, 21:00
I don't go pubs anymore and get my months supply of booze when i go shopping each month (£2.52 for a lovely bottle to get me merry of a fri/sat night does me fine!! :rotfl: ) So it doesn't really bother me to be honest