PDA

View Full Version : the coil- any advice

*-Rooney-*
12-04-2006, 20:20
hi im 24 and im thinking about going on the coil because i heard it kept you protected for 5 years and you didnt have periods in that time. If so does anyone know if there are any side effects

*-Rooney-*
12-04-2006, 20:22
oh and does anyone who has experienced this tell me if its sore and are there any special requests before you can have this done

twinkle_eyes83
12-04-2006, 20:31
i had it done last year it does hurt when they put in the coil but its not really alot of pain its like having a smear down and cold lol but i still get periods and you get slight cramps after but its not painfull what coil are you have done

*-Rooney-*
12-04-2006, 21:11
oh i dont know i havent spoke to the dr yet. is there any requirements before you can get it done like should you already have children that kind of thing

Luna
13-04-2006, 06:34
i asked for this and my docotr wouldnt do it because i hadnt had any kids yets - he said it was because there is a small chance of damage. Your better with the implant or the injection - i get the injection and its only a small jab every three months - i havent had a period in 3 years its brilliant

Em
13-04-2006, 08:49
oh i dont know i havent spoke to the dr yet. is there any requirements before you can get it done like should you already have children that kind of thing

My friend has had 2 kids, and was in so much pain trying to get the coil fitted she had to ask them to stop.

I agree with Luna, the implant is cool, lasts for 5 years and no periods! :cheer:

willow
13-04-2006, 10:16
i had the coil put in about 18 months ago, and i would reccomend it to anyone!! it has worked for me, my periods are virtually gone and hardly any cramps at all (i did have really bad ones!!) it does just feel like a smear na dthere is a bit of cramping afterwoods but nothing too bad

Siobhan
13-04-2006, 11:06
My sister got the coil and she said it was brilliant.. I didn't get it done cause it would have cost me €400 as I don't have a medical card and I work.

*-Rooney-*
13-04-2006, 11:27
see im 24 with no kids what do you think the docs would recommend

doesnt the needle have a side effect where you put weight on