PDA

View Full Version : Worst holiday ever!!!!

Siobhan
11-04-2006, 12:47
I know lots of us will be going all over the world this summer for holidays but so we know which places to avoid I thought it would be good if you posted your worst holiday and why here!!!

Pixie
11-05-2006, 01:39
my worst ever holiday wasin france but it was because of the people i was staying with ( it was years ago when i did the french exchange) rather than the place. When i was with my friends I really enjoyed where i was.

Meh
11-05-2006, 01:44
I think mine would have to be Dubai. Last time we went there was just tons of building work everywhere and apart from the Wild Wadi Water park I thought it was pretty dull.

Mind you, it is cheap going there.

Siobhan
11-05-2006, 09:58
my worst holiday was Cardiff.. it was closed on the Sunday and there was nothing to do. Once you been to all the shops, that's it. Cardiff is not as big as I thought

Chris_2k11
11-05-2006, 13:36
Mine would probably be Marmaris in Turkey. I hated the way you got pestered to buy something everytime you walked past all the market stalls on a night. They practically followed you down the road to try and persuade you to buy something, and yes, I know it's because they're not very well off there, but it was still a big irritation when it was happening every single night. And then you had to buy something that you didn't even want because you felt guilty about just ignoring them. It was also boiling at the time we went, and I mean boiling! Their was no way you could sunbathe in it. Most people were in and out of the pool and in the shade most of the time. You just couldn't relax. Everytime you walked back to your apartment you were just sweating and gasping for air. It wasn't nice at all. :thumbsdow And it just stopped you from going anywhere throughout the day because it just wore you out so much. Anyway, I just generally didn't enjoy that holiday at all, so defintely Marmaris as my worst. :thumbsdow

.:SpIcYsPy:.
11-05-2006, 13:40
Don't think there's been one for us yet but I have to agree with NB, Wild Wadi water park is rubbish!!

chance
11-05-2006, 14:44
I havent had a really bad holiday yet,touch wood.

Katy
11-05-2006, 17:05
ive not really had a bad holiday really. Evian in switzerland was quite dull after the first few days because once youve looked around youve kind of done everything.

Cornishbabe
11-05-2006, 17:28
My worst holiday was near dawlish. The campsite was hardly open. the entertainment wasnt on. there was the old campsite nearby on the walk to the beach.. it was horrible to walk though like a goast town. my brother tries to cycle down a cliff.and my mother spent the whole week attached to a bottle of sherry. So yeh that was my worst week. NOT all the fault of the site.

Florijo
21-05-2006, 20:11
My worst holiday was in Tenerife. People trying to sell your timeshare all the time. Plus the apartments we were staying in had building work going on and most nights we had loud music till late in the evening. We also had bugs in the apartment. :angry:

Another bad holiday was mainland southern Spain in October. Everything was shut and it was really, really quiet.

DaVeyWaVey
11-08-2006, 23:03
my worst holiday was Cardiff.. it was closed on the Sunday and there was nothing to do. Once you been to all the shops, that's it. Cardiff is not as big as I thought

I live an hour away from Cardiff...i agree though, most of Cardiff is just shops and stuff, i only go to Newport for shopping purposes, there's nothing else to do there.

EE Rocks
25-10-2006, 17:37
Worst holiday was Tenerife earlier this year, it was absolutely rubbish, had to walk far and i mean really far to find shop s(when i went to america the shops were right across the road),it's not that i'm lazy it's just too hot to be walking far and lets face it i am not really used to hot weather all the time in the UK. The shops were crap, hotel was minging, basically couldn't wait to get home!! Never again!!

Tori
26-10-2006, 16:08
My worst one was in the interior of france on the bank holiday weekend- all the residents went to the sea and that meant everything was shut, it was cold and rainy and the pool was freezing. so i hated it!

annaz
25-11-2006, 09:28
My worst holiday was my third holiday in Benidorm and I love Benidorm. My mum got severe food poisoning and I had an ear infection, there was blood everywhere from my ear. The weather was mostly cloudy and it was just horrible!

littlemo
21-04-2007, 23:14

I live an hour away from Cardiff...i agree though, most of Cardiff is just shops and stuff, i only go to Newport for shopping purposes, there's nothing else to do there.

I'm in Uni in Cardiff, and i think it's great! Love my roomates, and there's quite a lot of stuff to do! It's really pretty as well. :)

I also live (home address) about an hour away from Cardiff, Swansea. Where do you live?

Can't really think of a bad holiday!

thestud2k7
22-04-2007, 00:40
mine was malta we went in an apartment which was on a road full of pot holes if it rained for 5 minutes you'll be flooded, no where was open on a week night but the town came to alive at the weekend

StarsOfCCTV
10-08-2007, 23:29
my only bad holiday so far has been a school trip 2 years ago...somehow the school thought it would be a good idea to go by coach to Spain...it took24 hours :wall:the toilet kept breaking down :ninja: even the coach drivers said they'd never do it again :p

I don't know who's idea it was to go to a cheese factory...a mountain village, or an sea museum :p

Abigail
11-08-2007, 10:03
We went to France in year seven on a coach and ferry. It took eight hours to get to wherever we were sailing from (Portsmouth or somewhere like that) then another 12 hours on the ferry finished off with another three hours to the chateux.

We went to visit the Bayeux Tapestry and had to walk around for hours on end listening to this little radio thing telling us all about it. To somebody interested in that I'm sure it would have been riveting, but to 160 eleven/twelve year olds it was mind numbingly boring. Then we were taken to see some WW2 guns. Just two guns sat on a cliff face. That was it.

My worst family holiday was when I was little, about six. We were having work done in the house and we couldn't stay there so we rented a caravan somewhere along the coast. On the second day we went to Robin Hoods Bay. There was loads of algae covering the rocks and my sister, who was eight at the time, slipped, cutting her toe right open. She went to hospital and got stitched up. The next day we were going out somewhere and I put my finger in the place where the hinges are and pulled the door shut, causing my finger to burst and blood to spurt all over. So that was another trip to the hospital, one of several that day because it wouldn't stop bleeding. So basically our holiday was spent in A&E at various hospitals.