PDA

View Full Version : New EE character

Florijo
11-04-2006, 09:38
EXCLUSIVE: NO ANGEL JO OFF TO ALBERT SQ

NO Angels actress Jo Joyner is to play Jim Branning's daughter-in-law in EastEnders.

She will star as Tania, wife of new arrival Max Branning, who doesn't get on with his dad.

Delighted Jo said: "The thought of joining the show feels really surreal and I can't wait to arrive in Albert Square."

Her character Tania is a determined mother of two young girls - Lauren and Abi - yet to be cast.

In the past, she has forgiven her husband for straying but now has him on a tight leash.

An insider said: "She is sensible enough to make sure she has got her own money and independence in case she ever has to leave Max again.

"She is smart and funny. Tania will have her work cut out trying to sort out the bad blood between Max and Jim."

It will be a change from playing naughty nurse Beth for Jo. She has been covered in fake poo and sick in C4's No Angels which ends this month.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/tm_objectid=16930190%26method=full%26siteid=94762-name_page.html

BlackKat
11-04-2006, 09:53
Not another one. :rolleyes: Let me guess -- she'll be a "force to be reckoned with." I'm not overly impressed with many of the newcomers -- they're okay, but I wouldn't be bothered if they disappeared either. It seems they're just throwing in a bunch of characters and seeing which ones stick. :rolleyes:

eastenders mad
11-04-2006, 10:08
are they trying to bring all jims family here

Florijo
11-04-2006, 11:38
I can't say I am overly excited about this either. I was really looking forward to the Wicks family but they were a huge disappointment for me and apart from Bradley, all the other newbies suck. Even Joe now, who since Bert turned up and we have had this endless stuff with Joe's dodgy past, has become annoying.

I think they are building up Jim's family. We had the Jacksons who were one side of his family so now they are bringing in another side of his family. Same with the Slaters. By summer, all the Slater sisters will be gone, so they are concentrating on Stacey's side of the family.

It has been confirmed by the BBC now. http://www.bbc.co.uk/eastenders/news/news_content/news_20060411.shtml.

BlackKat
11-04-2006, 11:47
I like Jack and Bradley. The Wicks are okay, I hated them at first but now they're just there. Apart from Deano who's gone from being just there to me hating him. In fact, apart from Jack (who's gone now, but hopefully when he comes back will be staying for good) and Bradley, the rest of the newbies are "just there." I can't imagine getting excited about any of their plots really.

Tanya
11-04-2006, 11:49
I can't say I am overly excited about this either. I was really looking forward to the Wicks family but they were a huge disappointment for me and apart from Bradley, all the other newbies suck. Even Joe now, who since Bert turned up and we have had this endless stuff with Joe's dodgy past, has become annoying.

I think they are building up Jim's family. We had the Jacksons who were one side of his family so now they are bringing in another side of his family. Same with the Slaters. By summer, all the Slater sisters will be gone, so they are concentrating on Stacey's side of the family.

It has been confirmed by the BBC now. http://www.bbc.co.uk/eastenders/news/news_content/news_20060411.shtml.

Amen, i couldnt agree more, Joe has become annoying and I never liked bert in the first place, he is a bad influence on Jo

tammyy2j
11-04-2006, 14:20
Is she Bradley's mother as it doesn't say in the article?

crazygirl
11-04-2006, 14:32
didnt know who she was so i just googled!! deano & gary will be happy

Florijo
11-04-2006, 14:51
Is she Bradley's mother as it doesn't say in the article?

I don't think so. On the EE website it lists down Bradley's mum as being called Rachel.

Johnny Allen
11-04-2006, 19:22
She's great in No Angels, I have my fingers crossed she will be a good signing.

littlemo
11-04-2006, 20:10
I don't think so. On the EE website it lists down Bradley's mum as being called Rachel.

Yeah his mum's name is Rachel. I didn't realise his parents were divorced and that his father had remarried. It says Tania has two daughters. Do you think they are just hers?!

So Max is a womaniser?!

melmarshall858
12-04-2006, 08:48
I agree with most people about most of the new characters being disapointing - although this might be because so many have been introduced and we arent really having time to get to know them before they are concentrating on more new characters like the new Fox family due to arrive soon. I dont like Joe either since Bert has arrived definately don't like Bert not too struck on the Wicks although i think Carla could be a good character also like Honey but that is about it.

Florijo
12-04-2006, 09:11
Yeah his mum's name is Rachel. I didn't realise his parents were divorced and that his father had remarried. It says Tania has two daughters. Do you think they are just hers?!

So Max is a womaniser?!

The daughters could be Max's as well. I don't recall Bradley mentioning anything about having half sisters (or step sisters for that matter) so I guess we will have to wait and see.

kinkybootz
12-04-2006, 10:38
Do we really need all jims family in EE. I think its enough with Jim and Bradley

JustJodi
12-04-2006, 10:51
Do we really need all jims family in EE. I think its enough with Jim and Bradley

Isn't Sonia his grand daughter too, I know those two have sort of made up.. but she is still his family. Whats wrong bringing in a bit more of Jims family, I think he needs them around him.

Florijo
12-04-2006, 10:58
Well they are building up the families and I like that as I prefer families to single characters like Garry and Minty just milling about.

Em
12-04-2006, 11:03
Isn't Sonia his grand daughter too, I know those two have sort of made up.. but she is still his family. Whats wrong bringing in a bit more of Jims family, I think he needs them around him.

We already had the Jacksons though, which was Jim's family as well.

can somone help me though - what relation is sonia to bradley?

and was jim dad to carole (sonias mom)

Florijo
12-04-2006, 11:12
can somone help me though - what relation is sonia to bradley?

and was jim dad to carole (sonias mom)

Sonia is Bradley's cousin. Yes, Jim is Carol's dad.

JustJodi
12-04-2006, 11:45
I would love for it if they brought a family member that was Garry or Mintys.. that would be pretty neat, I like the idea of the families being built around the current characters...

Dr. Tangliss
12-04-2006, 12:38
I am glad she is joining! I liked her a Beth in No Angels.

xlxstaceyxlx
12-04-2006, 14:12
jos great in no angels so i cant wait til shes comes to the square

just ashame no angels finishes this month i love it

DaVeyWaVey
12-04-2006, 22:59
I don't watch No Angels, so i can't comment but it sounds like another great signing. I am glad that they are extending the Branning family and i wonder if Tania's children will be joining the cast in the near future as well?? I like all the new additions so far apart from Bert and i have gone off Joe a lot aswell. I do agree that they are bringing in the new arrivals far too quickly but hopefully this new addition will be great! :)

Florijo
13-04-2006, 08:52
I think they are bringing in her (and Max's?) children as well. Maybe not straight away when she first arrives but I'm pretty sure they would bring them in at some point. I can see Max, Tania and the children living in one house and Jim, Dot and Bradley living in another.