PDA

View Full Version : Sonia Jackson Fowler (Natalie Cassidy)

Layne
22-03-2005, 21:29
What do you think?

*JSW*
22-03-2005, 21:33
Yes they're meant to be a family! :)

Brummiegirl4805
22-03-2005, 22:06
I think they should, they are her natural parents after all. It is a difficult situation though cos she was adopted. I think it would be lovely to see them looking after her. It would be difficult to make up for the last four years. It could be the best thing for all of them. It would certainly be a very sweet story, that's for sure.

Debs
22-03-2005, 22:20
no they shouldnt. chloe has just lost her parents and to be taken away from her adoptive family who love her very much would be very wrong!

Brummiegirl4805
22-03-2005, 22:24
Yeah, that's a good point, plus they don't know her. To be honest I don't really know. What would be best for her? If it would be for her to stay with her adoptive grandparents, maybe that would be the answer. Or maybe getting to know her real mum and dad could be good for her. Maybe they could start off by having contact with her.

Debs
22-03-2005, 22:42
i think it is best for the child to stay with people she knows. if there is noonne in the family who can look after her full time then i guess she will be put back up for adoption and if that is the case maybe sonia and martincould apply to adopt her??

Siobhan
23-03-2005, 12:17
No, they should not get her.. this would lead to legal complications and Sonia knew the story when she put her child up for adoption... she cannot take the child back until 18 years old or the child wants to contact her.. It would be ok if she was forstered.

This could lead to alot of complication and we all know what happen last time Sonia was allowed to have contact with chloe... She gave up her rights to Chloe when she adopted her

Torrie
23-03-2005, 12:28
I agree that they shouldn't get her back - it would send out the wrong message about adoption and it wouldn't be realistic either as legally Sonia and Martin have no claim. It might be different if there was absolutely no one to look after her, but there are family and friends. I do think it's good to show the continuing affects on Sonia though - she did the right thing by Chloe/Rebecca by giving her up at a time when she felt unable to cope with a baby, but no one should expect it to be easy and it means this storyline hasn't just been forgotten about.

.:Kitz:.
25-03-2005, 09:50
I'm torn, on one hand if sonia wants to see her child she sould be able to but it is sending out TOTALLY the wrong message for adoption that if you want your kid back all you have to do wait for the parents to die (or watever) and then stake your claim. It's like 'i didn't want it then but i really want it back now....' do you know what i mean? It's like going back on your words and i don't know why but i see it as almost selfish. It might just be me..........

soapaddict
25-03-2005, 10:59
Yes Definetely.

You can tell Sonia is still very much in Love with Chloe and regrets putting her up for adoption.

They deserve to be a family after all thats happened

Eastenders_4ev@
25-03-2005, 15:16
I think she should get chloe back, because afterall she is her daughter, i kno she doesnt know sonia and martin, but its better for them to get to know her now. then it would be to get, to kno her whens she a teenager or older because she will be upset for them giving her up.

If ya get what i mean lol
thanks
K@T!E

gbnut
25-03-2005, 15:28
it would be a shame for chloe to be removed from her family and as most have said chloe was adopted therfore sonia has no legal rights to her. sonia and martin need to move on. if sonia does not she will become very bitter and let it rule her life. they need to start a family of there own.

Siobhan
25-03-2005, 16:05
it would be a shame for chloe to be removed from her family and as most have said chloe was adopted therfore sonia has no legal rights to her. sonia and martin need to move on. if sonia does not she will become very bitter and let it rule her life. they need to start a family of there own.

Well said.. I have said that before... Sonia or Martin have no right since Chloe was adopted

Debs
25-03-2005, 18:28
Yes Definetely.

You can tell Sonia is still very much in Love with Chloe and regrets putting her up for adoption.

They deserve to be a family after all thats happened

yes sonia is still very much in love with chloe. That is because she is her biological daughter. yes she regrets putting her up for adoption! that is what people have to go through every day. a mother would never forget the son/daughter that she gave away. but that dosent mean she can go and get her back whenever she feels like it!! if that was the case peole would do it every day!!

Lizzie Brookes
25-03-2005, 21:43
Yes - They are meant to be a family. Definitely. They are fated to be together but they should leave it to God rather than interfering.

Penguin8191
27-03-2005, 11:52
yes i think they should get chloe back. Sonia was Young and Scared when she gave her up and yo can see that she really regrets it. A child should be with their real mum and dad.

littlemo
27-03-2005, 18:20
yes i think they should get chloe back. Sonia was Young and Scared when she gave her up and yo can see that she really regrets it.

I agree that Sonia and Martin should be reunited with their daughter. I don't think Chloe/Rebecca should be automatically taken out of her grans house and placed at the Fowlers, but I do think that Sonia and Martin should be allowed access.

It was a very confusing time for Sonia when she gave her daughter up, she was 15, she didn't know she was pregnant, she was scared, she had very few people to turn too for support. Now Sonia is in a completely different place in her life. It may seem selfish, that Sonia is just picking and choosing when she wants her daughter, but it's about Rebecca too. Sonia has the means too look after her properly now. If Rebecca returns back to the Fowlers she has 2 parents who love her, and will try and give her everything she needs. It's difficult to know who would benefit Rebecca the most, but Sonia & Martin should definetely be given the chance to get to know their child. At least she will know that she isn't an orphan.

MysticKitten
27-03-2005, 18:47
Hi does anyone know the real legal standing on this, would they in real life stand a chance of getting her back because I hate it when these soaps seem to make up their own rules and I hope that EE stays with what would happen really. Morally chloe should stay with her nan but im sure that lots of us would like to see how the Fowlers coped with a little girl in the house. xx. :p

littlemo
27-03-2005, 20:18
I'm sure I read a while ago on this board, by somebody who was involved in family law, who said it was possible for Martin and Sonia to get Rebecca back. I'm not sure how this would work, I would be interested to know more though.

Can somebody also tell me whether this storyline is over when Sonia tells the adopted gran about who she really is? I know the gran is furious, and Martin & Sonia leave tearfully. James has said that this is the end of the storyline for now, but will cause problems in their marraige. Is there going to be a custody battle or not?

chance
27-03-2005, 20:22
i thought the law was that once you have signed the papers you have signed the child away for good unless that child wishes to find you when it grows up?

littlemo
27-03-2005, 20:27
i thought the law was that once you have signed the papers you have signed the child away for good unless that child wishes to find you when it grows up?

It is, but I don't think it's always as simple as that. I think the only way Martin and Sonia could get Rebecca back is if she was put back into the adoption system. I suppose this could happen if the adopted gran couldn't look after her (and it seemed Neil's cousin didn't think she was coping very well). To be honest I'm not very well informed about this subject, I think it's better to hear about it from an expert.

Katy
27-03-2005, 20:29
But if the parents are dead then i dont know who better than the child to go back to its real parents. I dont se the problem

littlemo
27-03-2005, 20:39
But if the parents are dead then i dont know who better than the child to go back to its real parents. I dont se the problem

Sonia gave Chloe up for adoption, so she doesn't at this moment have rights to the child. If the adopted parents are dead, their family would get first priority. The adopted grandmother has now taken over custody of Rebecca, I'm not sure if it's a permanent arrangement.

I think it's really sad that Sonia is not allowed access to her own daughter. When she gave her up, Sue and Neil Miller were quite understanding to her predicament, she was allowed to send cards and presents on Chloe's birthday. But when things got too much for Sonia and she ended up kidnapping her, they moved away from the area. The adopted parents still seemed to sympathise, but they certainly didn't want her visiting them anymore. Now it seems that what was taken away from her as been brought back, and she finds it very hard to let go again. And I really don't think she should have too.

It is very unfair too Martin and Sonia to keep them away. I don't think anyone should lose contact with the little girl. Nobody needs to be excluded.

Tamzi
28-03-2005, 09:00
They shouldn't as that would never happen in real life. In real life they have given Chloe/Rebecca up for ever. When they signed that document they were agreeing that they were no longer her parents, they have no rights. It is stupid if ee let them have her. Also I think it is nice for them just to be a couple and spending time together without a kid.

28-03-2005, 11:53
yeah, like i've said before. Just because she gave birth to her doesn't give her the right to come back and take her away again just because she feels like it! It's wrong.

littlemo
29-03-2005, 21:16
yeah, like i've said before. Just because she gave birth to her doesn't give her the right to come back and take her away again just because she feels like it! It's wrong.

I know, but you can't help feeling sorry for her can you? I know at this moment she is probably thinking more about herself than what's best for Chloe, but I truly believe that she loves her, and can't be without her. I also feel that being with Martin and Sonia may prove beneficial for Chloe in the long run. She no longer has her adopted parents and if Martin and Sonia can give her a happy and secure life, why can't it be good for her?

Lizzie Brookes
30-03-2005, 07:12
I think Sonia should wait till shes 18 ( I'm assuming shes 17 now), and then ask about it. They deserve to be a proper family again but she should just be patient for a while. I am aware that lying is wrong but I can understand Sonia's reasons and it isn't like shes going to snatch her or anything.

di marco
30-03-2005, 12:22
( I'm assuming shes 17 now)

do you mean sonia? shes nearly 20

Siobhan
30-03-2005, 12:25
it isn't like shes going to snatch her or anything.

isnt' that what she did the last time she got friendly with the childminder...

littlemo
30-03-2005, 19:21
isnt' that what she did the last time she got friendly with the childminder...

Yes she did kidnap Chloe before, but she was about 15 then and not in a good state of mind. However upset Sonia is with being parted from her daughter, I think having Martin makes it a bit easier on her. Would she really want to risk her marraige and future for something she could never have anyway (unless done legally)? I don't think she would do it again. Mind you I suppose you can never say never, you never know what they'd do in soaps.

RIP_Rubbish_Gangster
31-03-2005, 12:39
No, absolutly NOT. She should have no rights.

littlemo
05-04-2005, 20:58
I'm not entirely sure if this is true, but I read towards the back of Inside Soap magazine, it was talking about what was coming up in the next edition of the magazine. It said a newlywed leaves her husband. Sonia sprung to mind. I know Sonia isn't technically a newly wed, they've been married almost a year now, but I couldn't think of anybody else who would fit the bill.

I read in an interview with James (Martin) and it said although Martin and Sonia are comforting each other now, their marraige problems are not over.

I read the back of a few soap magazines, 1 had Pauline's face on it, saying something like 'who has got her in a rage?', I'm not sure who that would be, maybe Sonia (I read about Pauline making snide comments towards her), the law or Margaret, or even Martin. Pauline's not giving up withoug a fight.

Abi
05-04-2005, 21:05
well i haven't heard otherwise, but i get what you mean. Martin and Sonia have had loads of problems since Chloes adopted parents died. They could easily split over whether to get her back or not, and knowing what Pauline is like, that would get her rage woudn't it

Jade
05-04-2005, 21:07
I think the've had loads of prolems full stop!. If it was real life I could see them splitting up but as its not I really cant, I think they may move in to Dot and Jims if they move out.

littlemo
05-04-2005, 21:21
I think the've had loads of prolems full stop!. If it was real life I could see them splitting up but as its not I really cant, I think they may move in to Dot and Jims if they move out.

I think Jim and Dot could give the house to Martin and Sonia, it would be great! they could get away from Pauline, get some privacy and Jim and Dot would probably move across the square or something. It woul be lovely for Martin and Sonia to start their own family in that house, it was great when the Jackson clan were living in it. Always full of children. And I think that's what Jim and Dot want for the place.

If Sonia does leave Martin, it would be for some space, mostly from Pauline probably. But Sonia would be back. She loves him! And Martin wouldn't give her up without a fight.

Siobhan
06-04-2005, 12:30
It would be a shame if they did split up.. they look great together and seem really close over the Chloe suitation on Friday when they told her grandmother who they were....

I am trying to think of other new weds on EE at the moment

crazygirl
06-04-2005, 12:40
maybe sonia n martin will have a big row over rebecca and sonia will stay at dot n jim's for a while until they get back together again

Ruby21
07-04-2005, 17:54
You should'nt start a thread titled Sonia leaves her husband as if it were fact when you are just guessing . I doubt it is about Martin and Sonia as its just when Pauline finds out and I doubt Sonia would just leave that quickly. I remenber reading interviews with James about the stalking storyline and he kept hinting Sonia would'nt forgive Martin this time, so you can't always go by him !

07-04-2005, 18:01
I hope Sonia and Martin don't split....but, what ever will be will be!

littlemo
07-04-2005, 20:16
You should'nt start a thread titled Sonia leaves her husband as if it were fact when you are just guessing . I doubt it is about Martin and Sonia as its just when Pauline finds out and I doubt Sonia would just leave that quickly. I remenber reading interviews with James about the stalking storyline and he kept hinting Sonia would'nt forgive Martin this time, so you can't always go by him !

I just can't think of any more newly weds who are having a big storyline at the moment, it may not be Martin and Sonia, but they are the first people that came to mind. And I think what James has said may be true, he said that although they are comforting each other now, there are going to be a lot more problems to come. He says that Martin just wants a quiet life but it doesn't look like he is going to get it. I've got a feeling Pauline and Sonia are going to band together, and Martin is going to be left out in the cold.

I can see that Sonia would be upset if Martin doesn't get on board with her. If she wants to fight to get her daughter back and he doesn't support her, it could cause big arguments.

sarah21
07-04-2005, 22:33
I did wonder about Sonia and Martin tonight. When they were shouting at each other about Chloe the other week, Sonia said something like, oh here we go again, not wanting to know. They have never really discussed or sorted out how they felt about Chloe or the hurt that Martin has caused Sonia in the past. Has seeing Chloe brought that hurt back?

I didn't like the remarks at Jim and Dot's when Sonia said about Martin not having a clue about shopping or how he was like an elephant around the house. Martin looked quite hurt. Have the rose coloured glasses come off? I hope not, I would hate them to split up, but I could see Sonia moving back to the Jackson house.

Debs
08-04-2005, 07:52
i hope they dont split up they are so good together. maybe they will just have an arguement and she will move oout for a bit!!

purple81
08-04-2005, 10:05
I read the bit about the newly-weds aswell but to honest I thought first of Mandy and Tony in Hollyoaks! There was no indication that it was about eastenders - there are plenty of newly-weds in soapland

phils little sister
08-04-2005, 10:20
I think Jim and Dot could give the house to Martin and Sonia, it would be great! they could get away from Pauline, get some privacy and Jim and Dot would probably move across the square or something. It woul be lovely for Martin and Sonia to start their own family in that house, it was great when the Jackson clan were living in it. Always full of children. And I think that's what Jim and Dot want for the place.

If Sonia does leave Martin, it would be for some space, mostly from Pauline probably. But Sonia would be back. She loves him! And Martin wouldn't give her up without a fight.
I was thinking that the other night about Jim and Dot they could give the house to martin and sonia and they could go and live with Pauline and Derek, can you imangine pauline walking into Jim in his undies late at night :rotfl:

Debs
08-04-2005, 11:23
oh god her face would be a picture!!!:rotfl:

but then thanks philslittlesister i now have that picture in my mind!!!:lol:

littlemo
08-04-2005, 21:47
I was thinking that the other night about Jim and Dot they could give the house to martin and sonia and they could go and live with Pauline and Derek, can you imangine pauline walking into Jim in his undies late at night :rotfl:

I'm not sure Dot and Jim moving into Derek and Pauline's is the best plan. A marrried couple need their own space, no matter how old they are. Although Derek is leaving the soap soon, so Pauline would be alone if Sonia and Martin moved out. It would certainly provide some great comedy, Pauline and Dot create a great double act, as do Jim and Dot. Brilliant stuff! Do you think Jim could stand it being so close to Pauline all the time?

Ruby21
08-04-2005, 22:17
I just can't think of any more newly weds who are having a big storyline at the moment, it may not be Martin and Sonia, but they are the first people that came to mind. And I think what James has said may be true, he said that although they are comforting each other now, there are going to be a lot more problems to come. He says that Martin just wants a quiet life but it doesn't look like he is going to get it. I've got a feeling Pauline and Sonia are going to band together, and Martin is going to be left out in the cold.

I can see that Sonia would be upset if Martin doesn't get on board with her. If she wants to fight to get her daughter back and he doesn't support her, it could cause big arguments.

Judging from week 17 spoilers, things get nasty between Sonia and Pauline when she confronts Martin and Sonia about Chloe and its turns into a personal argument. I can see Pauline blaming Sonia for giving Chloe up for adoption, James did say the upcoming storylines involved the in laws and Pauline was doing her worst. I can see Sonia moving out as she will be unable to forgive Pauline been so nasty. I wish I knew where this storyline is going !

littlemo
10-04-2005, 15:26
Judging from week 17 spoilers, things get nasty between Sonia and Pauline when she confronts Martin and Sonia about Chloe and its turns into a personal argument. I can see Pauline blaming Sonia for giving Chloe up for adoption, James did say the upcoming storylines involved the in laws and Pauline was doing her worst. I can see Sonia moving out as she will be unable to forgive Pauline been so nasty. I wish I knew where this storyline is going !

This sounds great! Did James actually say that the storyline involved the inlaws? I know it involves Pauline, because she finds out about Rebecca, but does it mean that they will all be involved in getting her back? Do you think the reason Sonia moves out is because of Pauline's interfering? Reading the spoilers it seems that it is Sonia causing most of the argument. It says Martin tries to have a quiet word with his mother, and Sonia can't help getting involved. I know Pauline can give as good as she gets, but I'm just wondering what actually happens and if Sonia does move out?

angelblue
29-04-2005, 20:38
I thought sonia played a blinder tonight very talented young actress and i think she very under rated like other actresses in ee i also thought it was a good espisode :clap:

soap addict queen
29-04-2005, 20:40
Eastenders does seem to be getting better lately

Chris_2k11
29-04-2005, 20:41
Yeah I thought sonia was great tonight. I had to laugh at the bit where martin went mad at stacey and she went "what ya gonna do, call the apple police?!" :lol:

kelly05
29-04-2005, 20:47
Yeah... I agree that Sonia was brill tonight. Pauline just gets worse!!! I just wish that the writers would put an end to the Alfie and Little Mo fiasco!!! She annoys me more with every episode! I wish someone would remind her that he is married to her sister....and he's still wearing a wedding ring to prove it! :banned:

angelblue
29-04-2005, 20:51
I know little mo and alfie storyline is awful :thumbsdow thank god kats coming back should spice things up an bit

Alisha
29-04-2005, 21:03
Absolutely

Sonia is and always has been a favourite character of mine. When I was at school she was the only I could relate to. She is very 'real' and a good strong young female. We need more of them on the show.

As for Natalie Cassidy, she excelled herself tonight. Not that I'm surprised though. Nothing she does disappoints me. She is the best young actress on the show and never fails to deliver in my opinion.

A great episode that was and the writting was superb

littlemo
29-04-2005, 21:29
Yes I really saw it from Sonia's point of view tonight, I thought I was going to think she was being irrational having a go at Pauline like that, but she was well within her rights too. Pauline said some really harsh things too her, which were unexcusable. Also even though Sonia was a bit angry with here, she did sit down and listen to a lot of what Pauline had too say, which she didn't have too.

Natalie Cassidy is a great actress!

That bit with Martin and Stacey was on the webcam a while ago, when Stacey says 'what are you going to do, call the apple police?' Martin was mean't to say 'don't take the rise out of me' instead he replaced rise with mick, which I think pleased most people. Did anybody else notice that? It was more in keeping with the language people use in Walford.

Another phrase I thought was funny tonight was Sonia saying that she couldn't even move the fruit bowl without there being arguments (something to that effect), great line! It just summed up how much it was getting to Sonia living with Pauline, she's lasted almost a year though (surprisingly) without there being too much of a row.

Alisha
29-04-2005, 21:51
Another phrase I thought was funny tonight was Sonia saying that she couldn't even move the fruit bowl without there being arguments (something to that effect), great line! It just summed up how much it was getting to Sonia living with Pauline, she's lasted almost a year though (surprisingly) without there being too much of a row.

I loved that line to and I had to laugh when she moved the fruit bowl :lol:

I really do think the story turned a corner tonight. I'm really interested in finding out whats to come. The dialogue tonight was spot on. Just as long as the story is handled sensitively and sensibly, it does have a lot of potential. I heard that ee have don extensive research on this one so what ever the out come, it won’t be unfeasible or unrealistic. :)

Rach33
29-04-2005, 22:14
Another smashing performance by the wonderful Nat Cassidy she's brill and every word Sonai sopke tonight was the truth and I wish that this was the end to this tedious and frankly very boring storyline and don't even get me started on Pauline Fowler grrrrrrrr!!!! or Alfie and Little Mo the pair of cold fish who have NO I repeat No chesmistry at all and as for Garry and Minty funny once or twice but every episode HELP I can't take it anymore the only joy tonight well apart from fabby Sonia giving Pauline hometruths YAY was Stacey "What are you gonna do call the apple police" Love her give Stacey more storys and get rid of Mrs interfering, self centred, controlling, fruit bowl obsessive Pauline Fowler well ok One last storyline Pauline Fowler kidnapped by aliens (damn that won't work they'll send her back) how about Pauline has to go on the run after Killing Derek in a frenzy after he moved the fruit bowl YES

sarah21
29-04-2005, 22:22
Yes, great episode tonight. Finally, EE is using the right characters and having the sort of storylines that it does best. I could've watched the dialogue between Pauline and Sonia all episode, Natalie and Wendy were brilliant. You could see Sonia's frustration at putting up with Pauline this last year, she must idolise Martin, that is all I can say! Sonia speaking of not being able to move the fruit bowl without causing an atmosphere and then moving it later! LOL. And did I hear Sonia say 'sodding'?? :)

Enjoyed the Stacey and Ruby scenes and I loved Martin shouting at Stacey, she deserved it the little minx.

Amber
29-04-2005, 22:30
YAY was Stacey "What are you gonna do call the apple police" Love her give Stacey more storys and get rid of Mrs interfering, self centred, controlling, fruit bowl obsessive Pauline Fowler well ok One last storyline Pauline Fowler kidnapped by aliens (damn that won't work they'll send her back) how about Pauline has to go on the run after Killing Derek in a frenzy after he moved the fruit bowl YES
:lol::rotfl::lol::rotfl: Apple Police hehehe!

Maybe after the muggings it wasn't Daryl's fault, it was Pauline all along. She could've been hypnotizing people to do her dirty work. The evil 'fruit bowl obsessive' (I love that :rotfl: ) criminal :nono:. Hehehehe!

Rach33
29-04-2005, 22:36
Ha ha Pauline is secretly a criminal mastermind can you see it giving Johnny Allen a run for his money and as for the fruit bowl she could go on the rampage with it innocent peoples lives hang in the balance as Pauline goes on the rampage first victim hopefully Zoe for being equally annoying

littlemo
30-04-2005, 00:26
Yes, great episode tonight. Finally, EE is using the right characters and having the sort of storylines that it does best. I could've watched the dialogue between Pauline and Sonia all episode, Natalie and Wendy were brilliant. You could see Sonia's frustration at putting up with Pauline this last year, she must idolise Martin, that is all I can say! Sonia speaking of not being able to move the fruit bowl without causing an atmosphere and then moving it later! LOL. And did I hear Sonia say 'sodding'?? :)

Enjoyed the Stacey and Ruby scenes and I loved Martin shouting at Stacey, she deserved it the little minx.

Couldn't have put it better myself! Although I would have enjoyed a bit more interaction with Martin. Sonia is a rock she manages to keep everything together in the most impossible situations. I do admire Martin for his strength also, he's shown a emotional side to his character, like he's grown and matured. I do think Sonia and Martin really love each other.

And yes Sonia did say 'sodding', I don't think it really classed as a swear word though, as Pauline seemed to think it did. Being in that situation yourself, you would say a lot worse than that, wouldn't you? I thought it was quite amusing, it's clearly as bad as they could go pre watershed.

I do feel a bit sorry for Pauline, the fact that she feels this grandaughter is the only thing in her life worth anything (apart from her son) is quite sad. But she does need to appreciate that Sonia and Martin are her parents not her, and it's their decision, which she should respect.

i_luv_dennis
30-04-2005, 12:44
I thought sonia played a blinder tonight very talented young actress and i think she very under rated like other actresses in ee i also thought it was a good espisode :clap:
i agree :lol:

Lisa321
01-05-2005, 15:00
Totally Agree, Natalie Cassidy is a fantastic actress.

I do thinks she's underrated because she isn't in the spotlight as much as any of the other. Say, Shane Richie and Jessie Wallace are quite publicised.

I hope she stay in EE, Not that ive heard anything of her leaving. She is one of the best actressess there.
xXx

*Roxy*
01-05-2005, 15:03
Yeah I thought sonia was great tonight. I had to laugh at the bit where martin went mad at stacey and she went "what ya gonna do, call the apple police?!" :lol:

i laughed to much at that

littlemo
01-05-2005, 16:53
There's a really heated discussion about Sonia on the talk walford message board, people are getting really irrate. Someone even said that Sonia is a chav and that it was ridiculous to depict her as intelligent, because she didn't use contraception and got pregnant. I think that's really unfair, but I can't reply on that board because I'm not registered, so I'm going to express my upset on this one instead.

Everyone makes mistakes, and even the most intelligent people can get pregnant (without wanting too). Sonia is cleverer than most people living in the square.

I don't understand why Pauline sees Sonia as a selfish person. Giving your child away, so that they can have a better life than you, isn't selfish. And Sonia is an ambitious person, but right now I'm sure she'd be very happy to exchange that to have Rebecca back in her life. I feel so sorry for Sonia, it makes me really upset to see her suffering.

littlemo
01-05-2005, 17:54
I forgot to mention some people seem to think Sonia's argument with Pauline is partly because of her own unresolved issues with her mother. I started thinking about when Sonia kidnapped Chloe/Rebecca, she talked about how her mum was furious to hear she had given her child up for adoption. This is a similar feeling to which Pauline expresses. I think this might be a valid point.

As we haven't seen Carol for many years, we don't really know how Sonia gets on with her. We very occasionally hear Sonia talk about her mother. She doesn't seem to be a big part of her life. And perhaps this has also altered the way she feels about giving Chloe/Rebecca up. Her mother's disaproval may have made her feel even more guilty than she did before, and with Paulien going on about it twenty four-seven, it's bound to get her irrate.

~.~becky~.~
01-05-2005, 18:45
maybe they could repeat the storyline with saskia being hit by an ashtray by steve, but with pauline hitting sonia round the head with the fruitbowl! lol

littlemo
01-05-2005, 18:51
maybe they could repeat the storyline with saskia being hit by an ashtray by steve, but with pauline hitting sonia round the head with the fruitbowl! lol

I'd rather see Sonia hit Pauline over the head with a fruitbowl!

Alisha
02-05-2005, 00:05
There's a really heated discussion about Sonia on the talk walford message board, people are getting really irrate. Someone even said that Sonia is a chav and that it was ridiculous to depict her as intelligent, because she didn't use contraception and got pregnant. I think that's really unfair, but I can't reply on that board because I'm not registered, so I'm going to express my upset on this one instead.

I'm central to that debate :lol:

and I'm not backing down!

While I do respect everyone's opinion a lot of what’s said (no names mentioned) is very invalid and off. I felt the need to reply to that. You should join. Your comments are really good and you always have something interesting to say, especially in regards to Sonia. Overall it is a great forum with conflicting opinions and maintained well. However the negative thing is that it restricts you from using a lot of the common e-mails like yahoo, msn, Lycos. I joined through myway.com. If you register for an account there, you should get on talk Walford no problem. It's quick and easy.

As you've been reading it, you probably know my views concerning it anyway. :)

sarah21
02-05-2005, 11:26
LOL. You keep going Alisha!! That horrible little boy need sorting out! I daren't reply or I will lose it and get myself into trouble. :nono: I have, however been showing my support in other topics, notably the Pauline one lol.

Yes, Littlemo you really should join that forum. It would be good to have another interesting poster like yourself on there! :bow: We need your support...

littlemo
02-05-2005, 14:32
Thanks, I think I will join the Talk Walford Forum, it's quite an interesting debate.

~.~becky~.~
02-05-2005, 20:13
I'd rather see Sonia hit Pauline over the head with a fruitbowl!

yeah, now you mention it, that would be a bit better.

littlemo
02-05-2005, 21:07
I'm afraid I can't join the Talk Walford message board because i'm on AOL.

There wasn't much of the Sonia/Rebecca storyline tonight, but I can see it building up. I can't believe Ian's getting involved, when he told Jane he wouldn't. He can't think that getting Pauline involved with Rebecca's life is good.

sarah21
02-05-2005, 21:20
I joined through myway.com. If you register for an account there, you should get on talk Walford no problem. It's quick and easy.

Can you not use this? Or does AOL stop you?

Back to Pauline tonight. She was totally horrible and I have no sympathy for her whatsoever. Ian has no right to get involved either and what is Jane thinking of? She keeps telling Ian it is Sonia and Martin's business and now she is going to try and help them find her!! :thumbsdow

Martin shouldn't have gone to Edinburgh. I know he'd promised Asif but he should have stayed and supported his wife. That was a very bad decision. :nono:

emma_strange
02-05-2005, 21:21
I'm afraid I can't join the Talk Walford message board because i'm on AOL.

There wasn't much of the Sonia/Rebecca storyline tonight, but I can see it building up. I can't believe Ian's getting involved, when he told Jane he wouldn't. He can't think that getting Pauline involved with Rebecca's life is good.

I think he's just trying to do things which he thinks his dad would be proud of, and you know how family oriented the Beale's were.

littlemo
02-05-2005, 21:33
Can you not use this? Or does AOL stop you?

Back to Pauline tonight. She was totally horrible and I have no sympathy for her whatsoever. Ian has no right to get involved either and what is Jane thinking of? She keeps telling Ian it is Sonia and Martin's business and now she is going to try and help them find her!! :thumbsdow

Martin shouldn't have gone to Edinburgh. I know he'd promised Asif but he should have stayed and supported his wife. That was a very bad decision. :nono:

I can't believe Ian, it's definetely wrong for him to get involved. He knows Rebecca has been adopted, and he has no right to interfere with that. Ian said he wouldn't get involved to Jane, he was just going to provide Pauline with some support, the next thing he's finding himself saying he will talk to Margaret so she can have regular contact with Rebecca. What is that all about?!

Watching Pauline tonight, there seems to be an element of desperation about her. If she stopped to think a minute, she would realise that she is not alone, she has family, and just because Rebecca isn't part of that anymore, it doesn't mean she won't have more grandchildren eventually.

Lastly I felt sorry for Sonia tonight, she is hurting and it's so hard for her to cope with. I think Martin could have easily got out of Asif's stag party, I know he is a good friend of his, but there's always other times he could go and see him, his wife needs him more.

Alisha
02-05-2005, 21:59
The topic got closed because it went a little too far but it's not suprising really.

Anyway, if your e-mail account does not allow you to join you can set up a new one. :)

sarah21
02-05-2005, 22:45
The topic got closed because it went a little too far but it's not suprising really.

Anyway, if your e-mail account does not allow you to join you can set up a new one. :)

I'm actually surprised it was allowed to go so far ...

soapyclean
09-04-2006, 08:23
I was listening to the radio news this morning and it's rumoured Natalie Cassidy who plays Sonia is leaving EE after 12yrs. Is this true??

(OOPPSS think this should be in rumour mill SORRY)

x Amby x
09-04-2006, 09:06
i read this on WalfordWeb.co.uk, im not sure if its been confirmed yet though?

Tannie
09-04-2006, 09:12
I've never heard it but she has said she would like to stay on but then most lines for Sonia have been used i think.

kinkybootz
09-04-2006, 09:45
Not heard anything yet and i read all the soap mags. but how much more can that story line go.

alan45
09-04-2006, 09:47
It seems as if its true if you can believe The People (http://www.people.co.uk/news/tm_objectid=16923441%26method=full%26siteid=93463% 26headline=nat%2ds%2dthat%2d%2d-name_page.html)

eastenders mad
09-04-2006, 10:27
i wish she would go now she bords me their is nothing for her now.

BlackKat
09-04-2006, 10:51
Apparently it's in The People and NOTW. The People has a quote from a spokesperson, usually they just have an "insider."

If it is true, I can't wait. Sonia's had some good storylines in the past, but she's annoying the hell out me lately and I won't miss her. I can only hope she takes Naomi with her.

livergirl24
09-04-2006, 10:59
lol i totally agree she just makes me wanna shout at her the way she used to be i felt pretty sorry for her but since being married to martin she has turned into an annoying ***** it was the end of the world when she thought martin had slept with sarah but look who done the dirty lol hurry up sonia go go go

Florijo
09-04-2006, 11:22
She used to be a good character, until they decided to have her marry her boyfriends killer and then she went to depths that she could never return when she got with Naomi.

i_luv_dennis
09-04-2006, 11:42
i dont think she will leave i havent heard it yet we will have to see if it is on the eastenders site

Kim
09-04-2006, 12:02
About time as far as I'm concerned. For almost two years now she has been nothing but complete bore. A year :wall:

crazygirl
09-04-2006, 12:07
i hope she does and i think she will because i think they have done everything with her now

livergirl24
09-04-2006, 12:19
they should get rid of sonia & naomi and bring in some new blood for martin & just to spice things up for martin to have rebecca ??? wat ya think :thumbsup:

melmarshall858
09-04-2006, 12:21
I don't want to see Sonia leave as i feel she is a good character but she has been ruined just lately by having a complete personality change

littlemo
09-04-2006, 15:40
I think Natalie Cassidy is a good actress. I wonder if her decision to leave was influenced by the split of Sonia and Martin?! Whenever i've seen her talking about it in interviews she has seemed quite happy with it, but I suppose seeing where the storyline was heading she might have thought it wasn't right for her character. I don't know.

A year is a long time for her to stay in the soap, after she's announced her decision to quit. A contract is usually 6 months isn't it?!

I find it strange Sonia would leave Rebecca. Maybe her and Margaret have a falling out?!

livergirl24
09-04-2006, 15:43
i cant wait to see i too like natalie as an actress but her story lines have been poor and just twisted sonia ive no problem with lesbians but there just rubbing it in martins face i feel so sorry for him , bless :wub:

chance
09-04-2006, 15:48
yey trumpet girl is off!! not before time either.

Jojo
09-04-2006, 15:51
yey trumpet girl is off!! not before time either.:rotfl: :clap: What ever happened to her trumpet?? Anyone know?? I can't wait to be honest....shes definitely run her course...

soapyclean
Contracts are usually a year long, and she's been on for 12. One interview I saw she said she didn't want to have Martin and SOnia split, but obviously the higher ups thought they knew better.

Now she has a storyline the fans don't like at all, much to the credit of bungling writers.

littlemo
yey trumpet girl is off!! not before time either.

I wouldn't get your hopes up! According to the Sunday Mirror (link on DS), she's not leaving until next autumn 2007, and she will be back. I don't even see the point of mentioning it really! lol.

Jojo
09-04-2006, 15:53
I wouldn't get your hopes up! According to the Sunday Mirror (link on DS), she's not leaving until next autumn 2007Darn, I was getting all excited then too.....

chance
09-04-2006, 15:55
I wouldn't get your hopes up! According to the Sunday Mirror (link on DS), she's not leaving until next autumn 2007, and she will be back. I don't even see the point of mentioning it really! lol.

Oh god your kidding me right!! I was elated with that news and now you gone and ruined my day!! :)

littlemo
09-04-2006, 15:57
Oh god your kidding me right!! I was elated with that news and now you gone and ruined my day!! :)

Really not a Sonia fan then! lol.

crazygirl
09-04-2006, 15:58
i dont think sonia has many fans does she?

littlemo
09-04-2006, 16:57

She used to. I think a lot of people have gone off her character now, because of her behaviour towards Martin.

There are some qualities I like about her. She stands her ground, and won't be bossed around. She's always been very strong, in that she doesn't allow anything to bother her. She has handled everything that life has thrown at her (in her very young life). I do admire that.

soapyclean
09-04-2006, 18:11
Yeah but its how she's dealt with this issue that has gotten up everyones nose, she hasn't given her marriage a chance really. She said oh well, if things aren't the way I want them I gonna try out being a lesbian and all of you have to back me.

Well sunshine nothing works like that, no one has to take anything anyone shoves down their throat.

parkerman
09-04-2006, 19:00
Well sunshine nothing works like that, no one has to take anything anyone shoves down their throat.

Er...could you rephrase that? :o

Jojo
09-04-2006, 19:03
Er...could you rephrase that? :o:rotfl: :rotfl: How about, we've all got to work at marriage, it doesn't just happen...would that be better ?? :rotfl:

sarah21
09-04-2006, 19:03

Actually, she is one of the most popular characters at EE. Just because she has a storyline that some people don't like, doesn't mean she has no fans.

Natalie Cassidy is a great actress and Sonia has a lot of life in her storylines yet. It's a shame because everyone will be new and the characters that we have seen grow up and care about will all be gone. There has been too much change at EE recently and this doesn't help. Jim and Dot, Pauline and Pat won't be around for ever. I'm very disappointed by this news, I can only hope she will return quickly and it will be like Sharon. She is very highly thought of by EE so she she will probably be given the time off. That's what it seems like to me anyway.

Abbie
09-04-2006, 19:17
awwwww i dont wnat her to leave is a great character

BlackKat
09-04-2006, 20:42
I think it's quite rude of her to just take a break and try to further her career. What if in 12 months Sonia no longer fits into the show? I hate it when actors mess shows about by coming and going - Tish Dean's being doing it for years, I hope Natalie Cassidy doesn't start to follow her.

Abbie
09-04-2006, 20:53
Contracts are usually a year long, and she's been on for 12. One interview I saw she said she didn't want to have Martin and SOnia split, but obviously the higher ups thought they knew better.

Now she has a storyline the fans don't like at all, much to the credit of bungling writers.i know it really annoys me when they do that too

Jada-GDR
09-04-2006, 22:23
She used to be a good character, until they decided to have her marry her boyfriends killer and then she went to depths that she could never return when she got with Naomi.i agree, and she's a good actress too. they could have done so much with her but they've taken her character in totally the wrong direction, and they can't really put that right now. shame.

Emmak2005
10-04-2006, 00:02
I was listening to the radio news this morning and it's rumoured Natalie Cassidy who plays Sonia is leaving EE after 12yrs. Is this true??

(OOPPSS think this should be in rumour mill SORRY)

Natalie is not permanently leaving ee. Just taking a well-deserved break next year to persue other acting projects to further her career. Which I can understand as she's spent over a decade playing the same character. I can see her still playing Sonia until she draws out her pension and becomes too old and frail to carry on working there. So she needs a bit of 'me' time to spread herself out a bit, because being in a soap can typecast you a bit, and she is talented enough to do other work. Whether it be theatre, tv soaps/dramas or actual films - which is usually an actors goal.

Xx-Vicky-xX
10-04-2006, 07:36
I read this in the news of the world yesterday i was so glad i will not miss her one bit she is so annoying and i agree with the comment that she should take Naomi with her because really without Sonia what is Naomi but i also heard we have to wait until summer 2007 for it to happen which im really dissapointed about

eastenders mad
10-04-2006, 09:59
get rid of her she is so boring and needs to move on

no1abbafan
10-04-2006, 10:15
Glad she is going - the character has been on a downhill spiral since she married Martin - and now its almost at rock bottom. This taking a year out is a joke though, it's like keeping their options open, she is an actress so if she is any good she should easily get other parts and move on, look at Michelle Collins, Gillian Taylforth, they did it. Can we look forward to her turning up in the Bill now or Footballers Wives - please God no.

kinkybootz
10-04-2006, 10:18
Yes seams to be true now but as i said before story line not going anywere now.
So she should get out and try other things before she gets type casted.

tammyy2j
10-04-2006, 10:28
Great news Sonia leaving hopefully she takes annoying Naomi with her.

Dr. Tangliss
10-04-2006, 11:00
Lol, I raise a glass to that, tammy!

Layne
10-04-2006, 11:18
If it is true, I can't wait. Sonia's had some good storylines in the past, but she's annoying the hell out me lately and I won't miss her. I can only hope she takes Naomi with her.

I second that!Just make sure naomi goes aswell!

denyerjamie
10-04-2006, 13:56
thank god for that i hate sonya in it now. She use to be alright but now i just hope she leaves with naomi!!

willow
10-04-2006, 15:16
Great news Sonia leaving hopefully she takes annoying Naomi with her.

oh i really hope she does!!! there is nothing left for the pair of them to do execpt leave!!

di marco
10-04-2006, 15:20
oh i really hope she does!!! there is nothing left for the pair of them to do execpt leave!!

theres never been anything for naomi to do lol! i hope if sonia goes then naomi does too, the sooner the better

willow
10-04-2006, 15:25
theres never been anything for naomi to do lol! i hope if sonia goes then naomi does too, the sooner the better

exactly!!! she has got to be one of the most pointless characters ever!!! if one goes the other has to, what else can naomi do without sonia???
go to the pub with minty and gary???? the excitement builds!!!!:rotfl:

Em
10-04-2006, 15:28
Am all for this if it means no Naomi!!

Ive hated this whole storyline, Natalie is a good actress and deserved better. When she had the baby years ago she was fab, I feel really sorry for her as I dont know anyone who likes this story, no wonder she is taking a break!

x Amby x
10-04-2006, 15:30
i just read on Walford Web that the BBC have confirmed that Natalies taking a break! Hopefuly Naomi leaves too! I don't actually know anyone who likes her?

di marco
10-04-2006, 15:31
i just read on Walford Web that the BBC have confirmed that Natalies taking a break! Hopefuly Naomi leaves too! I don't actually know anyone who likes her?

well if sonias only leaving for a short period, i hope she takes naomi with her and then conveniently forgets to bring her back lol!

Abbie
10-04-2006, 16:25
Myabe she just whants to do more than just eastenders afterall she has benn in it for so long

livergirl24
10-04-2006, 16:28
lol here here i think the votes in get rid and if she comes back dont bring naomi with her lol

Abbie
10-04-2006, 16:41
lol here here i think the votes in get rid and if she comes back dont bring naomi with her lollol yep that sounds about right

soapyclean
11-04-2006, 09:17
She hasn't really taken a long break in 12yrs she's been on, so this is a well deserved break for her. I hope this naomi storyline falls on its face well before she leaves, can't be dealing with this really crappy storyline for much longer.

Get rid of Naomi permanently :D

livergirl24
11-04-2006, 11:26
She hasn't really taken a long break in 12yrs she's been on, so this is a well deserved break for her. I hope this naomi storyline falls on its face well before she leaves, can't be dealing with this really crappy storyline for much longer.

Get rid of Naomi permanently :D
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :bow: :bow: :bow: bring terrance back lol

Florijo
11-04-2006, 11:53

Yes, it has been confirmed by the BBC. http://www.bbc.co.uk/eastenders/news/news_content/news_20060410.shtml

Totally agree about Naomi. Die, Naomi, die. :angry: :ninja:

Cornishbabe
11-04-2006, 11:58
I dont see what all the fuss it about. she said she wants to leave at the end of next year! thats quite a while really. and secondly she is also saying she only wants to take a break. Therefore she will be comming back at some point

melmarshall858
11-04-2006, 12:07
I can't believe it has been announced already yet she is still going to be on our screens for the next 18 months or so

Abbie
11-04-2006, 20:07
She hasn't really taken a long break in 12yrs she's been on, so this is a well deserved break for her.Yer i suppose that is true so she does deseerve one

Florijo
12-04-2006, 20:40
Maybe the BBC announced it now cos the papers leaked it.

Abbie
12-04-2006, 22:21
Maybe the BBC announced it now cos the papers leaked it.yer well that sounds most likely

DaVeyWaVey
12-04-2006, 23:06
I am sad to see Sonia go but i suppose this is a good decision as Natalie Cassidy can move and work onto other projects. I can't wait to see what her exit will be and i wish her all the luck for the future :)

di marco
27-08-2008, 11:31
from the sun

NATALIE Cassidy is desperate to return to EastEnders as frumpy Sonia Jackson.
According to reports, the 25-year-old – who has reverted back to her curvy figure after regaining most of the four stones she lost after leaving the soap – wants BBC bosses to bring her back to the show.

Nat left Albert Square in February 2007 but has failed to boost her acting career since then.

And after the return of her on-screen half-sister Bianca (Patsy Palmer), she’s hoping Sonia can make a comeback too.

Maybe the last bell hasn’t rung at the Queen Vic for Sonia just yet...

JustJodi
27-08-2008, 14:15
Would that mean she would be dragging Martin and the kid behind her ???
Not sure she should come back,, maybe she should wait 9 yrs like Bianca did :lol:

di marco
27-08-2008, 14:17
Would that mean she would be dragging Martin and the kid behind her ???
Not sure she should come back,, maybe she should wait 9 yrs like Bianca did :lol:

im guessing if she came back it would probably be cos martin and sonia had split up :rolleyes: dunno if she would bring rebecca back or not. i dont think she should come back though, shes not been gone that long

sindydoll
27-08-2008, 22:19
i think her character is over and done with now! it would be ashame to bring her back

Kim
27-08-2008, 22:37
Yeah I guess she'd come back if she split with Martin, though I don't see her ever leaving Rebecca with him though. I guess the writers will find a way if they want her back; I think she's got a lot more of a chance than some who'd like to return as Bianca and all of the kids are there.

Bad Wolf
28-08-2008, 00:37
dear, soap-gods (kylie, jason and the enrire cast of sunset beach) noooooooo!!!!!!

Katy
28-08-2008, 07:44
dear soap gods !!!!!! I love that. I'm with you ^^^

I did read in heat or now or another of those magazines that she has had to sell her 600 grand house in london and is now living above a shop as she has had no work and no money.

Siobhan
28-08-2008, 08:46
dear, soap-gods (kylie, jason and the enrire cast of sunset beach) noooooooo!!!!!!
yes they are the soap gods....

Bryan
28-08-2008, 09:44
leave the dull gymslip mom and her trumpet in the past! times have moved on, she's done everything one soap character can do!!!

tammyy2j
28-08-2008, 14:27
I hope she doesnt come back she was terrible character

JustJodi
28-08-2008, 14:43
they should not have brought back Denise but they did:mad:
Sonia just didn't HAVE IT,,, :rolleyes:

Timalay
29-08-2008, 21:09
If there is anybody i'd like too see EE bring in of the Jackson Clan it's Billy Jackson. When he turned up for Martin and Sonia wedding reception I thought he could be a real little heart throb.

Chloe O'brien
31-08-2008, 00:48
dear soap gods !!!!!! I love that. I'm with you ^^^

I did read in heat or now or another of those magazines that she has had to sell her 600 grand house in london and is now living above a shop as she has had no work and no money.

As much as I liked Sonia as a character and Natalie was one of the good actresses of EE. Time has moved on and she shouldn't be allowed to return to the show. In the real world you don't leave a job then go and ask for it back because no-one else will employ you. If Natalie is struggiling for money well she can always go and find a normal job to pay the bills.

This is why I am against soaps employing young actors/actresses with no acting experience as they do a couple of years in a soap, leave because they think they will walk into a hollywood blockbuster. So many have sunk without a trace since leaving a soap. Spencer, Demi, Jamie. The same goes for Emmerdale why do you think Katie came back because she has no proper trainning.

If Natalie is serious about acting then she should go back to drama school and learn how to become a good actress. Soaps need to stop taking on people without proper training other wise many more are going to find themselves jobless and talentless.

queenie
31-08-2008, 14:31

its a pity they never listen though

Bad Wolf
31-08-2008, 14:39
i wonder if you can get the final crazy episode of SB on you tube?????......................................... ..just a thought

HoneyBee
01-09-2008, 00:30
I couldn't stand Sonia and her constant whining. I hope they don't bring her back.

matt1378
05-09-2008, 23:12
god no, was so glad when she left, please don't bring her back:lol:

Cat2687
06-09-2008, 02:17
"Few years" Natalie was in EE for years as a constant and believeable character, better that the **** we get these days

Chris_2k11
06-09-2008, 13:50
Move on Eastenders

Pinkbanana
06-09-2008, 14:22
I couldn't stand Sonia and her constant whining. I hope they don't bring her back.

Yeah I agree....I think towards the end they had ruined Sonia to be honest and I cant see the benefit to the show, in bringing her back.

Kim
07-09-2008, 01:05
Yeah, whatever Martin did I don't think in reality she would have ever gone for a girl. I think they ruined her when she got with Martin really; there's getting over the fact that someone killed your boyfriend and being civil with those concerned, but marrying them is a different matter entirely.

I thought Demi (Shana Swash) was sacked? And I'm sure Christopher Parker (Spencer) was sacked too when he wouldn't agree to go and see the BBC's psychologist or something.

Perdita
07-09-2008, 07:21
Why would Christopher Parker have to see the BBC's psychologist? :confused: Is this mandatory for all soap actors?

di marco
07-09-2008, 07:56
Why would Christopher Parker have to see the BBC's psychologist? :confused: Is this mandatory for all soap actors?

i think he tried to kill himself (from what i can remember), something to do with people/the media saying things that werent true about him i think. i know to start with he was just given a bit of time off so im guessing when he wanted to come back to work they might have wanted to check his mental state and he refused?

di marco
07-09-2008, 07:59
I thought Demi (Shana Swash) was sacked?

yeh i think she was too, her and rosie were both sacked i think

sindydoll
10-09-2008, 23:32
i was reading today in a mag that she has seen how well bianca has done and now is hoping for a return herself.....and im sat thinking noooooooo please dont bring her back:lol:

Xx-Vicky-xX
11-09-2008, 10:37
Please don't do it to us it is bad enough that the whole Sonia/Martin break up is happening on UKGold at the moment i don't think i could take her being back :nono: just don't do it to use fans EE it would be pure abuse.

lizann
15-09-2008, 17:03
No way should Sonia and Martin return :angry:

Bad Wolf
14-01-2009, 19:21
Natalie Cassidy is reportedly 'desperate' to return to EastEnders.

The actress has held talks with BBC bosses to reprise her role as Sonia Jackson, according to Bang Showbiz.
"Natalie would love to go back and watches the show avidly," a source said.
Patsy Palmer, who plays her on-screen half-sister Bianca Jackson, admitted that she is eager for Cassidy to return.
"I would love her to come back. I mean, she is family! I've told bosses that it's a good time, when you think about it, as the Jacksons are back now as well."
Cassidy left the soap in spring 2007 to pursue other projects.

noooooooooooooooooo:wall: :lweek:

sindydoll
14-01-2009, 20:02
she will come back one day but not until the timing is right

*-Rooney-*
14-01-2009, 20:13
ahh i liked sonia, and it would be good to see her re-united with bi and her nieces and nephews. but if she comes back it means her and martin have split and i liked them together.

Bryan
14-01-2009, 20:28
she couldn't come back until Jim dies. That would be a great time for her to return. They could bring Carol back at the same time then! And Suzy! :D

*-Rooney-*
14-01-2009, 20:57
nooooooo not suzy

di marco
15-01-2009, 11:09
i dont think she should come back yet, she annoyed me towards the end. and also then wouldnt martin and rebecca have to come back too otherwise their leaving storyline would be a bit pointless

Chloe O'brien
15-01-2009, 11:27
It was bound to happen once they bring back one old face then everyone wants back, that is why once they've left the soap they're gone. Actors leave a soap or series because they are bored and they want to do other projects. It's the same as changing employment. You wouldn't go and ask for your old job back so why can actors return to soaps. Sonia was alright she was one of the better cast members who could act until the hooked her up with drippy Martin.

Chris_2k11
15-01-2009, 15:31
could work i suppose now Bianca's around, dont want Rebecca the dalek back though :lol:

*-Rooney-*
15-01-2009, 16:33
the real question would anyone recognise her since she has lost all her weight

Bad Wolf
15-01-2009, 18:30

didnt she put it back on tho?

*-Rooney-*
15-01-2009, 18:32
oh i didnt know that

Abbie
15-01-2009, 22:02
could work i suppose now Bianca's around, dont want Rebecca the dalek back though :lol:

Yeah I suppose it could work

Abbie
15-01-2009, 22:03

didnt she put it back on tho?

I think she did

*-Rooney-*
15-01-2009, 23:20
oh right thats a shame then

matt1378
16-01-2009, 13:39
please no, she was soooo annoying :nono:

Perdita
08-06-2010, 18:49
Natalie Cassidy has revealed that she may return to EastEnders in the future.

Speaking to TV Times, the 27-year-old actress insisted that any comeback to the soap would be dependant on the state of affairs for her alter ego Sonia Jackson.

She said: "It's down to circumstances, but I think if Sonia's needed then I'd help them."

The star added: "People on the street still call out to me, 'How's Martin?' or, 'Where's your trumpet?' It's nice because people have grown up with that character and they obviously relate to her."

Cassidy briefly returned earlier this year together with her on-screen family for the wedding of Bianca and Ricky, as part of the show's 25th anniversary celebrations.

tammyy2j
09-06-2010, 14:11
^ I hope she dont return

alan45
17-12-2010, 00:08
Former EastEnders star Natalie Cassidy is to make another appearance as Sonia Fowler in the New Year, Digital Spy can confirm.

In early 2011, fans will see Sonia return to Albert Square for one episode as she finds herself drawn into a new storyline centring around her half-sister Bianca Jackson (Patsy Palmer).

Sonia's sudden reappearance in Walford comes after a huge confrontation between Carol, Whitney and Connor sees truths emerge over Connor's relationships with Bianca's mother and stepdaughter.

After events come to a head, Bianca mysteriously disappears from the Square - but Sonia's comeback sees her provide some answers to questions that Carol and Ricky have about the feisty mum's whereabouts.

A Walford insider revealed: "True to form, Bianca has got herself into big trouble while trying to protect her family and, scared about what might happen, she does a runner.

"When she suddenly goes missing, Sonia turns up unannounced and drops the bombshell that she knows where Bianca is and what she is going to do next."

Sonia's brief return will also see some other truths revealed as viewers discover what she and husband Martin have been getting up to away from Walford.

Cassidy's last appearance in EastEnders was in February, when Sonia attended Ricky and Bianca's wedding.

JustJodi
21-12-2010, 13:54
awwwwwwwwwwwwwww let her come back,, and if I am not mistaken, last time I read about her she was preggo...so I doubt she is SKINNY ..this is only for a brief appearance, so lets see how it all pans out....

alan45
16-01-2011, 15:55
Natalie Cassidy give an interview to The People

http://www.people.co.uk/celebs-tv/celebrities/2011/01/16/doolittle-not-with-my-eliza-102039-22852420/

Dazzle
16-01-2011, 17:01
It's nice to hear Natalie's so happy. I would welcome Sonia back more often.

alan45
06-10-2013, 01:07
EastEnders star Natalie Cassidy is to make a *dramatic *return to Albert Square - the Sunday People can reveal.

The TV favourite, who played Sonia Fowler for 14 years, will *rejoin the BBC show for the third time in an explosive New Year *storyline.

Natalie, 30, is being brought back by new executive producer Dominic Treadwell-Collins as part of a radical make-over after viewing figures dropped below six million.

A source said: “Natalie has been one of the *programme’s best-loved characters.

“Dominic was *determined to get her back. They are finalising deals and she should be back in a couple of months.”

Natalie, a former Sunday People columnist, joined EastEnders as a child star in 1993.

She quit in 2007 when Sonia was wrongly accused of her grandma Pauline’s murder.

Scriptwriters sent Sonia to Manchester with her husband Martin. She *returned in 2010 to tell mum Carol her marriage was on the rocks.

Then in 2011 she briefly came back again to reveal she had split from Martin and was living in Essex.

alan45
06-10-2013, 01:07
EastEnders star Natalie Cassidy is to make a *dramatic *return to Albert Square - the Sunday People can reveal.

The TV favourite, who played Sonia Fowler for 14 years, will *rejoin the BBC show for the third time in an explosive New Year *storyline.

Natalie, 30, is being brought back by new executive producer Dominic Treadwell-Collins as part of a radical make-over after viewing figures dropped below six million.

A source said: “Natalie has been one of the *programme’s best-loved characters.

“Dominic was *determined to get her back. They are finalising deals and she should be back in a couple of months.”

Natalie, a former Sunday People columnist, joined EastEnders as a child star in 1993.

She quit in 2007 when Sonia was wrongly accused of her grandma Pauline’s murder.

Scriptwriters sent Sonia to Manchester with her husband Martin. She *returned in 2010 to tell mum Carol her marriage was on the rocks.

Then in 2011 she briefly came back again to reveal she had split from Martin and was living in Essex.

Kim
06-10-2013, 10:54
Dear me. I hope Sonia's return is more true to the character than that report - Pauline was her mother in law, not her Grandma.

I hope they bring Rebecca back with her because I don't believe that she'd leave her with Martin indefinitely.

lizann
14-10-2013, 23:50
i don't want sonia back

tammyy2j
15-10-2013, 00:14
EastEnders bosses have confirmed that Natalie Cassidy is returning to the soap as Sonia Fowler.

The actress will arrive back on screen in January as part of a "gripping" and "dramatic" storyline for the women in the Butcher household.

Sonia's return will see her reunited with mum Carol (Lindsey Coulson) and half-sister Bianca (Patsy Palmer). She will also be accompanied by her teenage daughter Rebecca.

Long-term fans will remember that Sonia gave birth to Rebecca on the living room floor in 2000 when she didn't even know she was pregnant.

Cassidy commented: "After seven years being out of the show, apart from the odd episode, I am extremely excited and honoured to be making a full-time return.

"I feel so lucky as an actress to get back to my roots. With Dominic [Treadwell-Collins] as executive producer, it's such an exciting time for the show. I cannot wait to work with Patsy and Lindsey again. Bring it on!"

Cassidy was an EastEnders regular between 1993 and 2007. She later returned for brief guest appearances in 2010 and 2011.

In her last episode on screen, Sonia revealed that she had split from husband Martin and was living in Essex.

Cassidy's return was first rumoured earlier this month but show bosses kept quiet over the reports until confirming the news today.

tammyy2j
15-10-2013, 00:14

Perdita
15-10-2013, 05:36
EastEnders bosses have confirmed that Natalie Cassidy is returning to the soap as Sonia Fowler.

The actress will arrive back on screen in January as part of a "gripping" and "dramatic" storyline for the women in the Butcher household.

Sonia's return will see her reunited with mum Carol (Lindsey Coulson) and half-sister Bianca (Patsy Palmer). She will also be accompanied by her teenage daughter Rebecca.

Long-term fans will remember that Sonia gave birth to Rebecca on the living room floor in 2000 when she didn't even know she was pregnant.

Cassidy commented: "After seven years being out of the show, apart from the odd episode, I am extremely excited and honoured to be making a full-time return.

"I feel so lucky as an actress to get back to my roots. With Dominic [Treadwell-Collins] as executive producer, it's such an exciting time for the show. I cannot wait to work with Patsy and Lindsey again. Bring it on!"

Cassidy was an EastEnders regular between 1993 and 2007. She later returned for brief guest appearances in 2010 and 2011.

In her last episode on screen, Sonia revealed that she had split from husband Martin and was living in Essex.

Cassidy's return was first rumoured earlier this month but show bosses kept quiet over the reports until confirming the news today.

Perdita
15-10-2013, 05:36

Perdita
12-11-2013, 17:32
EastEnders returnee Natalie Cassidy has admitted that she is keen to be known for her acting again.

The 30-year-old recently confirmed that she is making a full-time comeback to her role as Walford's Sonia Fowler, who will appear on screen again in the New Year.

Speaking to the Chelmsford Weekly News, Cassidy revealed that she is embracing the opportunity to return to her roots.

She explained: "I think a lot of people have forgotten I am actually an actress. So much I have done in the last seven years has been about my personal life, rather than acting.

"I am so grateful to be able to return to EastEnders and get back to something I love. I didn't want to be arrogant and assume that I was going to be given the part back."

While little is known about Sonia's return, show bosses have confirmed that she will be involved in a "gripping" and "dramatic" storyline for the women in the Butcher household.

Cassidy will also be appearing in pantomime over Christmas, starring in Jack and the Beanstalk at the Thameside Theatre in Grays, Essex.

She said: "I took on the role in the panto for my daughter Eliza. I have never done one before and I wanted her to experience the magic of it and seeing me up there.

"People knock pantos, but I think for kids they are their first experiences of theatre and there is something really magical about them."

Digital Spy Soap Scoop video - press play be

Perdita
22-04-2014, 05:19
EastEnders returnee Sonia Fowler sparks family tension next week after making a move on Tina Carter.

Sonia (Natalie Cassidy) gives into temptation as her relationship with husband Martin continues to deteriorate.

Viewers know that the couple have encountered problems recently, and Martin makes things worse next week when he cancels their date night to go out with his friends instead.

With their romance far from stable at the moment, Sonia has also failed to tell Martin about testing positive for the breast cancer gene.

As Sonia clearly needs someone to talk to, it's Tina (Luisa Bradshaw-White) who steps up to show support when she spots her sitting alone on the Square.

Tina offers reassurance to her friend, but Sonia's behaviour takes an unexpected turn when she responds by kissing her.

The next day, a guilty Sonia tells Bianca about the kiss but doesn't get much understanding from her sister.

The siblings end up bickering over Sonia's infidelity, even though it's a time when their mum Carol (Lindsey Coulson) needs their joint support more than ever.

At home, Bianca and Sonia find Carol secretly meeting a wig specialist, having shaved all of her hair off. Bianca tries to be there for Carol, but she still can't resist continuing the row with Sonia - and the argument soon gets out of hand when it moves onto the Square…

EastEnders airs these scenes next week on BBC One.

xx_Dan_xx
08-01-2015, 16:23
Sonia and Tina, could it be love?
Eastenders are to go back to the Sonia/Tina storyline and hints at a romance for the pair.

This was far too obvious. What the hell has happened to Martin, is he coming back? I know he and Sonia split but...

xx_Dan_xx
08-01-2015, 16:23

tammyy2j
08-01-2015, 16:45
Sonia and Tina, could it be love?
Eastenders are to go back to the Sonia/Tina storyline and hints at a romance for the pair.

This was far too obvious. What the hell has happened to Martin, is he coming back? I know he and Sonia split but...

I hope new Martin comes to stay with Ian and takes over the stall from Peter

I don't like Tina and Sonia as a potential couple which was obvious from the get go, cant anyone be just friends in soaps

Perdita
09-05-2015, 07:25
New EastEnders pictures show Sonia Fowler desperately trying to save her relationship now that her cheating secret is out in the open.

Sonia (Natalie Cassidy) betrayed her girlfriend Tina Carter this week by sleeping with her estranged husband Martin, although she regretted her actions the next morning.

The one-night stand didn't stay secret for long and the former couple's daughter Bex has already exposed the truth to Tina.

Although Sonia will beg for a chance to explain herself in Monday night's episode, a heartbroken Tina (Luisa Bradshaw-White) refuses to forgive her and storms out.
http://i2.cdnds.net/15/18/618x443/soaps-eastenders-5065-50.jpg
Tina is devastated by Sonia's actions
© BBC
Tina is devastated by Sonia's actions
http://i2.cdnds.net/15/18/618x417/soaps-eastenders-5065-52.jpg
Sonia is furious when she realises Rebecca has told Tina everything
© BBC
Sonia tries to reason with Tina
http://i1.cdnds.net/15/19/618x411/soaps-eastenders-sonia-fowler-tina-carter-row.jpg
Tina insists on leaving
© BBC
Tina insists on leaving

The dramatic events then spark a huge argument between mother and daughter as Bex and Sonia clash further over what happened.

Sonia struggles to make amends with Bex afterwards, but there is a ray of hope on the romance front when Whitney Dean encourages a drunken Tina to text Sonia and hear her out. Will Tina take Whitney's advice?

lizann
10-05-2015, 01:17
did she ever pay back cancer money she stole

Dazzle
10-05-2015, 18:10
did she ever pay back cancer money she stole

She said she was going to and nothing further's been mentioned so I assume she did.

lizann
01-09-2015, 20:21
even lady di hates her :p

Perdita
13-02-2016, 05:03
* 'I'm expecting!' EastEnders Natalie Cassidy is pregnant *
Congratulations go out to Natalie Cassidy and Marc Humphreys, who are expecting a baby.
The EastEnders actress shared the happy news with her fans on Twitter last night (February 12).
"Evening all... Time to let everybody know that @cameramarc and I are having a baby in the summer. The three musketeers become four," she tweeted.
Cassidy has a 5-year-old daughter named Eliza from a prior relationship.
The 32-year-old is of course best known for playing Sonia Fowler in EastEnders on and off for the last 23 years.
She's also become a TV favourite on Strictly Come Dancing and Celebrity Big Brother, as well as for her stint as a Loose Women panelist.

Wonder whether they include her pregnancy in storylines or whether he will wear baggy clothes and hide the bump behind large handbags

parkerman
13-02-2016, 09:00
Another exit storyline to be hastily written......

lizann
06-09-2016, 00:18

she is offered a job away which she takes, bex stays with martin and stacey

lizann
06-09-2016, 00:18

she is offered a job away which she takes, bex stays with martin and stacey

Perdita
08-03-2017, 18:25
EastEnders teen Bex Fowler has been taking centre stage recently in a harrowing bullying plot – and it looks like her mum Sonia will be returning to Walford to support her.

Bex's problems have gone from bad to worse in recent weeks thanks to nasty troublemaker Keegan, who made a humiliating porn video of her which soon went viral.

And last night's episode saw poor Bex face further turmoil as she learned that she would be facing police charges for sharing indecent pictures of her ex-boyfriend Shakil Kazemi (despite the fact that Louise Mitchell was responsible).

With Bex's dad Martin horrified over her behaviour, the schoolgirl was left more isolated than ever – and the sad scenes prompted fans to take to Twitter, urging for Sonia to return and support her daughter.

Follow
Emma Bullimore ✔ @EmmaBullimore
Where's Sonia?! #EastEnders
8:38 PM - 7 Mar 2017
Retweets likes
Follow
Sean Fergsuon @fergu65
Bex really needs Sonia back on the square #eastenders
Retweets 2 2 likes
Follow
🌸🌻🌼Shaky🎀👡💖 @ShakyWoon
Sonia needs to come back soon #EastEnders
Retweets likes
But don't worry, as it looks like Sonia will be heading be back to Walford soon, which is just as well seeing as Bex's story is set to get even darker.

Sonia has been off screen since September when she took a job outside of Walford to coincide with the birth of Natalie Cassidy's second child last year.

However, it looks like Natalie's maternity leave might be over already as she was spotted on the EastEnders set in Elstree recently.

It's not clear whether Natalie was actually back for filming, for talks with the EastEnders bosses, or merely just to see her friends. But for Bex's sake, let's hope it's the first one...

Digital Spy

tammyy2j
08-03-2017, 21:20
Sonia needs to return to help and be there for Bex

Perdita
19-04-2017, 04:17
EastEnders just waved goodbye to Sonia Fowler once again as she left Walford – and Bex – behind after a brief return.

Sonia stormed back onto the Square last week, devastated to learn what had been going on with Bex and determined to put a stop to her bullying ordeal once and for all.

Bex has endured a hellish few weeks thanks to the cruel antics of school bullies Madison and Alexandra, which eventually drove her to make a desperate phone call to Sonia.

Sonia certainly took no prisoners as she laid into Martin, Stacey, Michelle, Sharon and Louise for their individual roles in her daughter's nightmare. And she didn't stop there either, as tonight's episode saw her stick to her word when she headed into the school to tackle Madison and Alexandra head on.

Although Sonia had planned to report Louise for her role in the bullying as well, she had a change of heart at the last minute following a desperate plea from Bex, who still feels loyal to her old pal.

Not wanting to get her former best friend into trouble, Bex had asked Sonia to keep Louise's name out of it – leaving Madison and Alexandra to face the headteacher's wrath alone.

Whether Bex's ordeal really does end here still remains to be seen, but Sonia was certainly convinced that she had done enough to help the troubled teen, having decided to let her carry on living with Martin and Stacey in Walford.

Sonia later wished Bex a heartfelt goodbye, before heading back to Kettering – where she is now living with her brother Robbie Jackson, ahead of his return to the show.

Bex wasn't the only person left grateful for Sonia's support as she also made her ex-girlfriend Tina Carter's day by turning up unannounced at Sylvie's funeral.

Off screen, Natalie Cassidy is currently on maternity leave after giving birth to her second child last summer. She will return to EastEnders full time later on this year.

Digital Spy

lizann
09-06-2020, 18:22
she is going to look for her father

lizann
30-12-2020, 00:13
taking extended break

Perdita
19-04-2021, 07:39

When: April 2021

More info: Fan favourite Sonia Fowler was off our screens for a while in the early part of 2021, as Natalie Cassidy took a break from the role.

Emotional scenes saw Sonia make the decision to visit her daughter Bex in India, realising that she needed time out after struggles working at the hospital amid the coronavirus pandemic.

Natalie returned to filming in February and Sonia will reappear on screen this month.

Digital Spy

parkerman
19-04-2021, 08:53

When: April 2021

More info: Fan favourite Sonia Fowler was off our screens for a while in the early part of 2021, as Natalie Cassidy took a break from the role.

Emotional scenes saw Sonia make the decision to visit her daughter Bex in India, realising that she needed time out after struggles working at the hospital amid the coronavirus pandemic.

Natalie returned to filming in February and Sonia will reappear on screen this month.

Digital Spy
As indeed she did last Friday.

lizann
19-04-2021, 13:04
she returned dressed as a leprechaun at least a hat and hurley

tammyy2j
21-04-2021, 00:33
she returned dressed as a leprechaun at least a hat and hurley

Sonia was in Ireland with Dot also could explain those accessories, Sonia now has Dot's power of attorney

lizann
20-05-2021, 19:57
sonia is 35