PDA

View Full Version : Adam Barlow Baldwin (Sam Robertson)

Lennie
08-04-2006, 10:41
I dont watch Corrie regularly - so i have some questions about Adam

I remember watching Adam and Danny arguing coz of Mike and also Mike accused him of having an affair with Penny - why did Adam go away, is he at university?

And also when is he coming back? as i did watch Mike die yesterday which was sad, and very well done,i had some doubts on it but it was done well

Also there is Mike's will reading soon so that should be interesting

And also i think Adam should go after Frankie to get his own back on Danny lol (but in the process really fall ffor Frankie) - i really dont like Jamie/Frankie getting together idea

Lennie
08-04-2006, 11:49
SPOILERS

10th April - 14th April

Monday, April 10 2006 at 19:30 BST on ITV1
Adam is disgusted that Danny has opened the factory, and when he finds out that Danny is planning the funeral he is even angrier. Leanne gets a surprise visit form Janice to admits she is finding life hard in London, so Leanne invites her to stay with her and Danny. Later on, Leanne takes it upon herself to start packing up Mike’s belongings. She is shocked when she discovers a new will hidden in an atlas that has been drawn up in Spain, therefore postdating the will that he wrote leaving everything to Danny. The new will leaves everything to Adam. What does Lady Macbeth Leanne do with it?

Friday, April 14 2006 at 19:30 BST on ITV1
It is the day of the will reading and tension is mounting on Coronation Street. Adam is a little bemused that Danny doesn’t seem to know what the will contains. As the Baldwin and Barlow clan gather at the solicitors’, Danny grows more and more concerned that the new will is about to be revealed. The solicitor starts to read out the last will and testament of Michael Vernon Baldwin and Danny can’t help wondering which ‘last will’ it is going to be. Who will emerge as the winner of Mike’s Empire – Danny or Adam?

17th April - 21st April

Monday, April 17 2006 at 19:30 & 20:30
It’s a sad day as the residents of Coronation Street prepare to say goodbye to someone who has touched all their lives; as a friend, lover, relative, boss or sworn enemy. But tensions are running high as the fallout from Mike’s will rumbles on. Leanne’s appearance doesn’t go down well and as the horse drawn funeral cortege arrives on the street the Baldwins jostle for position. Will Adam and Danny come to blows as they bid farewell to the man who was their dad?

As the mourners leave the church Adam is still seething about Danny and Leanne but Penny reminds him that today is about his dad not about family feuds. Ken is forced to act as peacemaker as Danny and Adam square up to each other at the graveside. Elsewhere, the women in Mike's life struggle to cope with their grief as they remember the man who touched their lives so significantly.

There's another shock in store for Adam however when he pays a visit to the factory and is joined by Mark. Adam is angry to come face to face with another brother who did the dirty on his dad but is surprised to be given some advice about the future.

Back at the Rovers, Danny tries to make amends with Adam but the youngster does not want to listen, especially as a drunken Janice is making much of Danny's new role as factory boss. Unable to stand it any longer, he leaves the pub and, spurred on by Mark's words, Adam makes a surprise announcement to his family.

Wednesday, April 19 2006 at 19:30 BST on ITV1
Ken offers Adam his complete support and says he will go to the solicitors with him to talk about contesting the will. Adam is convinced he has a case and wastes no time in heading off to the Rovers and filling a shocked Danny in on the latest development. Danny puts on a brave face but it is clear Adam's plans have got him rattled.

eastenders mad
09-04-2006, 10:26
wow all looks like it is going to kick off. I wonder if the real will be found by Adam and then he can show Danny the door that will be great to see.

Lennie
09-04-2006, 11:43
I agree

But i have to say i am looking forward to Adam and Danny's clash, about time Adam was in the show more

Johnny Allen
09-04-2006, 14:19
Yeah but the Adam and Danny rows always look so daft, Bradley Walsh knocks Sam Robertson of the screen, it's just kind of laughable, I would personally rather see the character of Adam leave for good or failing that re-cast the part.

soapyclean
09-04-2006, 14:28
Neither Adam or Danny should have Mike's money or business, none of his sons have treated him well. They all scammed him, so Penny should get the money, or Ken HEHE

Johnny Allen
09-04-2006, 14:41
I would have preferred Deidre to, you never know there might be another will with Deidre's name on it, as Mike really did love her.

Lennie
28-04-2006, 15:33
SPOILERS

Wednesday 3 May 7.30 - 8pm ITV1
Ken and Deirdre have convinced Adam to have a birthday party and he is doing his best to try and enjoy himself despite not feeling at all like celebrating. Keen to help the party go with a swing he heads off to the corner shop for some more booze. Unfortunately he bumps into Danny in the street and it isn’t long before they are trading insults once more. More than a little worse for wear, Adam can’t control his temper and lashes out at his older brother. Later he confides in Sean that he really misses Mike and can’t help feeling that his dad loved Danny more than him.

Friday 5 May 7.30 - 8pm ITV1
It is the morning after the night before as Adam copes with a hangover and a telling off from his granddad. Ken tries to convince Adam that violence is not the answer and wants him to start looking to the future. Adam promises to speak to Penny about a job, but does he really mean it?

Lennie
28-04-2006, 21:03
Felt sorry for Adam today - Danny making him feel worse and small and also hinting that Mike didnt love him as much as he loved me (Danny)

Rach33
28-04-2006, 21:33
God I hate Danny right now I adore Adam he's so sweet I hope Adam gets his revenge in the end beating Danny up just isn't enough

Lennie
28-04-2006, 21:38
God I hate Danny right now I adore Adam he's so sweet I hope Adam gets his revenge in the end beating Danny up just isn't enough

In todays episode - I was surprised Adam didnt deck him there, he's got alot of patience to take that from Danny and then just walk away from him - takes alot of guts, backing down to someone like Danny

I think Adam will feel slightly better once he's hit Danny and i hope he gives his all

Rach33
28-04-2006, 21:40
So Do I a good punch may stop Danny in his tracks for a while but I want Adam to get what's rightly his.

I read in an interview with Bradley Walsh that his ego takes a beating after being taken down by his little brother Frankie also has a pop at him I can't wait

Lennie
28-04-2006, 22:05
So Do I a good punch may stop Danny in his tracks for a while but I want Adam to get what's rightly his.

I read in an interview with Bradley Walsh that his ego takes a beating after being taken down by his little brother Frankie also has a pop at him I can't wait

I cant wait either - i think Adam surprises Danny by punching him coz i didnt think Danny thinks Adam hasnt got the nerve too hit him lol

I hope Frankie bites his head off

Lennie
28-04-2006, 22:31
Corrie Preview Clips - there's one of Adam punching Danny
http://www.itv.com/page.asp?partid=4222

melmarshall858
29-04-2006, 07:48
I hate the character of Danny now for how cold he has been since Mike died.
I hope that the business at least somehow gets split between them perhaps when Jane leaves for maternity leave Leanne and Danny will have split up so she gets her own back on hiim by giving Adam the real will.
Although i would love for Mark to get something too just so that his character has to return.

Lennie
29-04-2006, 15:10
The business should have been split between the brothers

Lennie
29-04-2006, 15:10
Sam pics

http://www.sexymalecelebs.co.uk/Galeries/categories.php?cat_id=278&sessionid=6c00c9ebda1e238eb57850e230217bd1

Rach33
30-04-2006, 00:58
OHHHHHHH yummmmmmeeeee (Still didn't get 30 letters Bummer)

Johnny Allen
30-04-2006, 13:28
Oh Adam Barlow sucks as a character, his stupid looks, his ridicolous accent, the bad acting from Sam Robertson has made the Baldwin Vs Barlow's so repetitive and boring. I hope Danny keeps the lot, Adam and Ken are just whinging on about what Adam is entitled to and it's become so annoying.

DaVeyWaVey
30-04-2006, 16:13
I can't wait until Adam punches Danny in this weeks episodes. I really don't like Danny at the moment :mad:

beck1907
30-04-2006, 18:06
I think its ridiculous having a grown man fighting with a teenager, I think Danny Baldwin as a character is great and would love to see him get away with everything. Adam really annoys me, I think he should be got rid of.

alvinsduckie
30-04-2006, 20:25
Id like to see a different haircut on the boy....looks like he has an old coconut on his head :ninja:

Lennie
01-05-2006, 22:57
Looking forward to wednesday's episode - Adam's party and the fight with him and Danny

Rach33
02-05-2006, 17:32
ohhhh I can't wait will have to set my video as I have a stupid staff meeting but I can't wait

Lennie
03-05-2006, 00:16
Few pics of Sam on Celebrity Football Match -

http://www.fmforums.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=53245

Modelling Days -
http://www.fmforums.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=53210

Lennie
03-05-2006, 00:17
ohhhh I can't wait will have to set my video as I have a stupid staff meeting but I can't wait

I am also going to record the episode :D

eastenders mad
03-05-2006, 09:58
i am going to record mine aswell really wanted to see it

Rain_
03-05-2006, 10:08
Is it just me or does the accent seem totally out of character on Adam?

Lennie
03-05-2006, 12:04
Is it just me or does the accent seem totally out of character on Adam?

I think the accent is fine onm Adam :)

Johnny Allen
03-05-2006, 16:02
This accent is all over the place, it's appalling in my opinion. I don't think he's good looking and I think he's a dreadful actor, they should have kept the original Adam, I liked him. I think this Sam fella should go back to modelling.

Lennie
03-05-2006, 20:12
Enjoyed watching tonights episode - good to see Adam smiling today, i am not surprised that Adam punched Danny after days of Danny making snide comments to Adam making him feel useless and worthless

I have to say i did like Adam's chat with Sean - i think Sean made me talk about his dad and i felt Adam needed to coz no one really hasnt bothered to talk to Adam about how he is feeling about the death

Rach33
03-05-2006, 21:06
I loved tonight's episode Danny certainly had it coming and I agree about Sean I thought that was soooooo sweet awwwww

chance
03-05-2006, 22:21
He needs a good haircut! Someone please sort out the hair covering his ears!

Lennie
03-05-2006, 23:00
Its the way his haircut is done, on the side and the back its long and then on the front its short

Johnny Allen
04-05-2006, 16:23
Although Danny needed a smack in the end Danny has won, because he's got a reaction, Adam stupidly played into Danny's hands, part from that fight I thought it was a very boring episode.

eastenders mad
05-05-2006, 18:44
do you think Adam is turning into his dad cause Mike was always fighting.
I heard that Ken is trying to change him.

DaVeyWaVey
05-05-2006, 21:50
do you think Adam is turning into his dad cause Mike was always fighting.
I heard that Ken is trying to change him.

Yeah i think Adam is starting to be like Mike a lot. This could cause a huge rift between Adam and Ken as Ken always hated Mike, and if Adam is slowly turning like his father, fireworks could fly.
And i think Ken is trying his best to change Adam because he advised him in tonight's episode to rise above Danny and that violence isn't the answer.

Lennie
08-05-2006, 13:40
I think Adam has got a bit of Ken and Mike in himself

eastenders mad
08-05-2006, 19:02
i think he only has Mike in him

Babe14
13-03-2007, 09:50
Adam Barlow is leaving Corrie as the powers to be have decided that there is not really a place for him after the Tracy Murder storyline. He is being packed off to Portsmouth to run a chain of Bookies with Peter Barlow:crying: :crying:

I'm distruaght of course.............

About Peter!

Source: Corrie Blog (Full article on there)

alan45
13-03-2007, 10:41
What is Peter going to employ him as.

A wooden counter. Good riddance

tammyy2j
13-03-2007, 11:12
Keep Peter get rid of Adam he is an useless character

Jessie Wallace
13-03-2007, 13:07
And Yet Anotyher Corrie member bites the dust, will there be anyone left in the cast at this rate! :lol:

alan45
13-03-2007, 13:19
And Yet Anotyher Corrie member bites the dust, will there be anyone left in the cast at this rate! :lol:Fortuantely Corrie have many EXCELLENT actors left in the cast. The loss of this minor character will only improve this great programme. After all he was only brought back because of Traceyluvs murder case. At least he returned for his sister's trial and wasnt brought back from the 'dead':rotfl: :p

Richie_lecturer
13-03-2007, 14:28
And Yet Anotyher Corrie member bites the dust, will there be anyone left in the cast at this rate! :lol:

The cast list is still very healthy, certainly not so bad that you can count the number of characters pre-2000 left on your hands. :cool:

Anyway, Adam Barlow is no loss. He'll make an excellent door. Infact as he's going to Pompey, maybe he'll board HMS Victory and collapse and die on aboard - nobody would notice him propped up against the wooden sides of the ship.

Katy
13-03-2007, 15:14
I agree i cant stick the bloke. Hes as wooden as a forest.

parkerman
13-03-2007, 17:39
Poor Adam. Someone needs to put in a good word for him....er....unfortunately I can't think of any...

bakedbean
13-03-2007, 17:49
Finally Adam was only good for one storyline and that was Mikes death which was brilliant. Adam should have left when he gave Danny the factory back.

Kim
13-03-2007, 17:50
Adam hasn't had much of a purpose for ages. The stuff with Mike and Ken had a new route with Adam there, but seeing as both his parents are dead everything with him is just filling in time, given that he sold his share of the factory to Liam to wind Danny up.

Jessie Wallace
13-03-2007, 18:05
Fortuantely Corrie have many EXCELLENT actors left in the cast.

Now that's a matter of opinion! :p

alan45
13-03-2007, 18:27

Now that's a matter of opinion! :pWell apparently 10.8 million think its excellent. Dont take my word for it. Ask BARB:p

Jessie Wallace
13-03-2007, 18:43

Now that's a matter of opinion! :pWell apparently 10.8 million think its excellent. Dont take my word for it. Ask BARB:p

10.8 million aren't putting kids to bed at that time of day then :P

alan45
13-03-2007, 21:08

10.8 million aren't putting kids to bed at that time of day then :PNo. They put them to bed after they have watched their favourite soap which is on after Corrie. The name eludes me at present:p

Jessie Wallace
13-03-2007, 21:41
Aww bless ya Alan, i know you love it really, i know your a little teddy bear really! :p

Richie_lecturer
13-03-2007, 23:06
Finally Adam was only good for one storyline and that was Mikes death which was brilliant.

I thought he was awful in that as well. I remember when he found out his dad had died in the following episode. His facial expressions were non-existent, a couldn't care less attitude. He is painful to watch, but mercifully his ties with the street like the factory have slowly been cut, and his appearances less frequent. If he doesn't go now, it's only a matter of time.

Ermintrude
14-03-2007, 16:50
Well he dont do a lot of acting in corrie does he. :)

Perdita
05-08-2012, 19:32
Sam Robertson has said that he would like to return to Coronation Street.

The Beaver Falls star originally joined the soap in 2004 as Adam Barlow, the grandson of Ken Barlow.

However, he stated that he "wasn't a very good actor" during his days on the ITV1 drama, which he left in 2007.

"I wasn't a very good actor back then. It's as simple as that," he told the Daily Star.

"I was getting recognised all the time and getting all this attention but I didn't think I had earned it. I knew I was doing a pretty s**t job and I was too scared to learn on the job.

"I was in it for two and a half years and I did definitely improve because I had never acted before in my life. But it was some of the worst Corrie acting, to be fair."

He continued: "I was with two of the show's biggest stars and I had never read a script in my life before. I was a rabbit in the headlights.

"Now I look back and see the amazing opportunity but at the time I just couldn't cope with it."

Robertson added that he would like a comeback on the soap to show that his acting has improved.

"It's not a job you can dip your toes in. It really does take over your life. It's a life choice at the end of the day.

"A part of me wants to go back just for a few episodes just to show I can actually act. Beaver Falls has definitely helped as the response I've been getting from people has been amazing."

Beaver Falls series two starts on Monday (August 6) at 10pm on E4.

Perdita
05-08-2012, 19:32
Sam Robertson has said that he would like to return to Coronation Street.

The Beaver Falls star originally joined the soap in 2004 as Adam Barlow, the grandson of Ken Barlow.

However, he stated that he "wasn't a very good actor" during his days on the ITV1 drama, which he left in 2007.

"I wasn't a very good actor back then. It's as simple as that," he told the Daily Star.

"I was getting recognised all the time and getting all this attention but I didn't think I had earned it. I knew I was doing a pretty s**t job and I was too scared to learn on the job.

"I was in it for two and a half years and I did definitely improve because I had never acted before in my life. But it was some of the worst Corrie acting, to be fair."

He continued: "I was with two of the show's biggest stars and I had never read a script in my life before. I was a rabbit in the headlights.

"Now I look back and see the amazing opportunity but at the time I just couldn't cope with it."

Robertson added that he would like a comeback on the soap to show that his acting has improved.

"It's not a job you can dip your toes in. It really does take over your life. It's a life choice at the end of the day.

"A part of me wants to go back just for a few episodes just to show I can actually act. Beaver Falls has definitely helped as the response I've been getting from people has been amazing."

Beaver Falls series two starts on Monday (August 6) at 10pm on E4.

LostVoodoo
06-08-2012, 17:27
Gosh, I've only just realised it's him! I doubt they'd bring him back in, although I have totally forgotten how they wrote him out...

tammyy2j
18-10-2016, 22:20
Kate Oates revealed her excitement at bringing the Barlow dynasty back to the heart of the show with, first, the return of Peter Barlow and soon the arrival of Adam Barlow and Daniel Osbourne.

Kate told What’s on TV it was a no-brainer to bring back Peter (Chris Gascoyne).

“Chris has such a love for the show I think there was always the hope that he would come back,” she said. “I think it was good mutual timing thing really. I think he lights up the screen, he’s so charismatic, he’s such a fantastic actor, he’s so deeply dedicated to what he does, he thinks about every word and every nuance, he loves the craft of it.

“So having Chris back is great not just for the viewers, but for the people behind the scenes. Everyone loves him, so I think that when Peter is here you have a more whole Coronation Street.”

Kate said expanding the Barlow presence in Corrie was a logical step. “There was no bringing back or creating new characters, you know, long-lost siblings. These characters already existed. You’ve got Mike Baldwin’s grandson and Ken’s son. Historically Mike and Ken were always at loggerheads, so the idea of having their two offspring arrive at the same time and having that dynamic between them was just too good to pass, so I’m really excited to have that nice, strong Barlow core at the centre of the show.”

Kate has been in the job at Corrie for six months and before that was series producer at Emmerdale for three years. She said Corrie and Emmerdale share more than they differ.

“There is a different element because you’re dealing with cast who’ve been here [at Corrie] such a long time and because they’ve been through such change and so many producers. When you sit and talk to some of the actors who have been here since the beginning, the stories and the anecdotes, you could just stay chatting to them for days on end and not get bored. It’s fascinating stuff.”

She continued: “You do get a sense of the history and the icons as you work on a show like this. It’s important not to dwell on it too much because you’d probably be so terrified of doing anything that you wouldn’t get out of bed! But it is a privilege.”

http://www.whatsontv.co.uk/coronation-street/coronation-street-news/kate-oates-barlow-core-423745/

tammyy2j
08-11-2016, 16:18
Sam Robertson has given a candid and honest assessment of his previous stint of the show ahead of his long awaited comeback. Admitting that he was still developing as an actor when he first played Adam Barlow, the star admitted that he was only persuaded back to Weatherfield because Adam would have more depth this time – as well as the reputation of his new boss Kate Oates.
Speaking to Metro.co.uk ahead of the episodes which see him spin back onto the cobbled streets in a Jag, Sam said: ‘I think I’m very different as an actor compared to when I left the show. I class myself as an actor now whereas when I left, I felt like I was a trainee or a runner of some kind, I was pretty useless wasn’t I!?
‘So yes, it was good to do that because I felt a lot more confident and secure as a performer but I was back in this old environment, which brought back memories of being the opposite. So it was nice to actually be able to express myself a bit more and I felt a that okay, maybe this will work.’
He added: ‘I think the character’s more fully formed. When he first came to the show, no-one knew even what his second name was, sometimes I’d get a script and it would be Adam Baldwin and then the next week it would be Adam Barlow. One minute, I think the idea was that he was going to be a bit of a cool kid, a hit with the ladies, and then the next minute he was a little bit bookish and a bit nerdy, I don’t think anyone quite had an idea what to do with him and I felt that really.

‘I never got the momentum going from that beginning and ultimately decided it would be best if I left. So for it to come back again, I wanted to have assurances that it was going to be a lot more fully formed and a lot more involved and already that’s clearly happened, so for me it’s a lot more exciting to be here this time than it was last time.’
Adam comes back to the Street with some secrets – and is immediately rubbing up certain people the wrong way, with clashes unfolding with Robert Preston and the Connors. Excited about the drama ahead for his alter-ego, Sam told us of his joy at working with Kate.

He explained: ‘I actually said to Kate that my mum is always my reference for soaps and I trust her eye, and I watched all the soaps back and I said to my mum, “I think Emmerdale’s a bit better than Corrie at the moment” and she went “Yeah, it’s Emmerdale’s producer that’s moving to Corrie.” I was like “Aah, that’s alright then.”
‘I told her the first day I met her. I thought Emmerdale was fantastic when I watched it and I thought Corrie was a bit lacklustre and I was a bit concerned about the direction it was going in, so when I heard that Kate was coming in and it was her going to be editing, I was more excited about the prospect of coming back.’

http://metro.co.uk/2016/11/08/coronation-street-spoilers-i-was-pretty-useless-adam-barlow-returnee-sam-robertson-talks-show-return-6243749/#ixzz4PR0zs51f

swmc66
08-11-2016, 17:37
Seems down to earth

lizann
08-11-2016, 23:24
seen some talk of him and tracy getting very close,, yes him and "aunty tracy" though technically not blood related

flappinfanny
08-11-2016, 23:39
Sam Robertson has given a candid and honest assessment of his previous stint of the show ahead of his long awaited comeback. Admitting that he was still developing as an actor when he first played Adam Barlow, the star admitted that he was only persuaded back to Weatherfield because Adam would have more depth this time – as well as the reputation of his new boss Kate Oates.
Speaking to Metro.co.uk ahead of the episodes which see him spin back onto the cobbled streets in a Jag, Sam said: ‘I think I’m very different as an actor compared to when I left the show. I class myself as an actor now whereas when I left, I felt like I was a trainee or a runner of some kind, I was pretty useless wasn’t I!?
‘So yes, it was good to do that because I felt a lot more confident and secure as a performer but I was back in this old environment, which brought back memories of being the opposite. So it was nice to actually be able to express myself a bit more and I felt a that okay, maybe this will work.’
He added: ‘I think the character’s more fully formed. When he first came to the show, no-one knew even what his second name was, sometimes I’d get a script and it would be Adam Baldwin and then the next week it would be Adam Barlow. One minute, I think the idea was that he was going to be a bit of a cool kid, a hit with the ladies, and then the next minute he was a little bit bookish and a bit nerdy, I don’t think anyone quite had an idea what to do with him and I felt that really.

‘I never got the momentum going from that beginning and ultimately decided it would be best if I left. So for it to come back again, I wanted to have assurances that it was going to be a lot more fully formed and a lot more involved and already that’s clearly happened, so for me it’s a lot more exciting to be here this time than it was last time.’
Adam comes back to the Street with some secrets – and is immediately rubbing up certain people the wrong way, with clashes unfolding with Robert Preston and the Connors. Excited about the drama ahead for his alter-ego, Sam told us of his joy at working with Kate.

He explained: ‘I actually said to Kate that my mum is always my reference for soaps and I trust her eye, and I watched all the soaps back and I said to my mum, “I think Emmerdale’s a bit better than Corrie at the moment” and she went “Yeah, it’s Emmerdale’s producer that’s moving to Corrie.” I was like “Aah, that’s alright then.”
‘I told her the first day I met her. I thought Emmerdale was fantastic when I watched it and I thought Corrie was a bit lacklustre and I was a bit concerned about the direction it was going in, so when I heard that Kate was coming in and it was her going to be editing, I was more excited about the prospect of coming back.’

http://metro.co.uk/2016/11/08/coronation-street-spoilers-i-was-pretty-useless-adam-barlow-returnee-sam-robertson-talks-show-return-6243749/#ixzz4PR0zs51f

Seems to be up his own ****!

swmc66
09-11-2016, 07:50
I suppose the end comments are questionable but he has admitted his acting was poor before and he did not have a clue. Not many actors do that

lizann
16-11-2016, 23:49
young squire baldwin rocking up in to the factory for a whiskey was naff just to have a few moments with eva and new enemy aidan

swmc66
17-11-2016, 13:34
i do not like his attitude or his dress sense!

lizann
18-11-2016, 20:46
his scottish accent is impressing me very sexy reminds me of sir sean connery

Perdita
28-03-2017, 10:12
Coronation Street's Adam Barlow resorts to blackmail next week as he desperately tries to keep himself out of the frame for Ken's attack.

Adam (Samuel Robertson) is one of several sinister suspects in the mix after Ken was pushed down the stairs by a mystery attacker in Monday night's dramatic double bill of episodes.

Although everyone thought that Adam had returned to Canada after being rejected by Ken earlier in the month, viewers saw him skulking around the Street around the time of the attack.

Next week's Corrie episodes see Adam admit that he never left the country at all, which leaves the whole family very wary over his lies.

Still recovering in hospital, Ken (Bill Roache) also lets everyone know about how Adam got himself involved with drugs – causing the rest of the Barlows to question what he's truly capable of.

Sensing that the walls could be closing in on him, Adam approaches Rosie Webster (Helen Flanagan) and urges her to give him a false alibi for the time of Ken's attack.

When Rosie refuses to lie to the police, Adam retaliates by threatening to expose her recent drugs smuggling and points out that it would drag her mum Sally's name through the mud too.

Later on, the inevitable happens as no-nonsense DS Mackinnon – who's leading the case – decides to question Adam about the Ken incident.

Adam admits that he never left the country, but adds that he's in the clear because he was with his "girlfriend" Rosie all night when Ken was targeted.

Under pressure, will Rosie back up Adam's false claims?

Digital Spy

Perdita
06-04-2017, 08:02
Coronation Street spoilers: Adam Barlow shoves Daniel Osbourne in a car boot after they launch into huge scuffle
Adam Barlow’s feud with Daniel Osbourne will escalate over the coming weeks of Coronation Street – with shady Adam locking his uncle in a boot.
The pair haven’t had a good relationship since stepping onto the cobbles and back into their family’s lives once again.
And since Ken Barlow (Bill Roache) was pushed down the stairs, their relationship appears to have become even more fractured.
New snaps have shown Adam (Sam Robertson) grabbing Daniel (Rob Mallard) around the neck with his arm.
Adam grits his teeth in fury as he throws his uncle backwards into the open boot of the parked car.
The polar opposites have frequently bickered, with Daniel snitching on his cheating to Ken and Adam telling Chesney that Sinead cheated on him with his uncle.
Both Daniel and Adam are currently suspects in pushing Ken down the stairs.
Since waking up from his coma and finding out what happened to him, Ken has demanded that his relatives leave his hospital room as he believes one of them tried to kill him.
He said: “I never thought it would come to this. It wasn’t affection I felt from them, it was menace. I was genuinely frightened. The worst thing is, I couldn’t begin to tell you which one.”
https://fb-s-c-a.akamaihd.net/h-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-0/p480x480/17796255_814831515332345_7628403610820165050_n.jpg ?oh=0c18b42f7c44ccd5fb6e170ab5c2eea7&oe=596158E2&__gda__=1502553662_cef45b0675c7aa400c4a1ee15851e57 b

lizann
05-06-2017, 21:47
i think he discovers aidan and maria kissing

Perdita
06-06-2017, 04:19
i think he discovers aidan and maria kissing

He does, he takes a photo ... guess he will blackmail Aidan to get his hands on Underworld?

lizann
07-07-2017, 22:21
how can adam open a practice when he failed his exams and todd is only a clerk, they need a qualified solicitor for the practice and where did they open?

rossfan
10-07-2017, 20:53
isn't Todd qualified it's just he only had admin jobs when he was in London?

Perdita
10-07-2017, 21:45
isn't Todd qualified it's just he only had admin jobs when he was in London?

Bit confusion, one website I read said he qualified, another said he was lawyer's clerk so not sure

lizann
10-07-2017, 22:00
i assume todd was a law clerk only

Perdita
08-11-2017, 10:52
Coronation Street could see another character's life hang in the balance, as Adam Barlow is rumoured to overdose in an upcoming storyline.

Previous reports suggested that Billy Mayhew (Daniel Brocklebank) will be revealed as having been involved in the death of Adam's mother Susan 16 years ago.

It turns out that Adam (Sam Robertson) could be making that shocking discovery – and he reacts by downing painkillers and alcohol, according to The Sun.

Adam is in a bad state, but fortunately he is saved by his uncle Daniel (Rob Mallard). Sam Robertson's character at first asks Daniel not to call an ambulance.

Ken Barlow (Bill Roache) supports his grandson after the overdose.

https://youtu.be/aqfnul-9Dbw

Susan was thought to have died in a road accident back in 2001, while fleeing a vengeful Mike Baldwin with their son Adam – who at the time was played by Agents of SHIELD's Iain De Caestecker. Adam only suffered minor injuries.

But how will everyone else respond when the truth behind Susan's death is revealed?

Digital Spy

parkerman
08-11-2017, 10:58
It's amazing how many coincidences there are in Corrie with all the characters somehow being involved in the lives of other characters years before they came to Coronation Street. Pat Phelan/Nicola, Norris/Colin, Adam/Billy.......

Or is it something to do with very lazy and unimaginative writing?

tammyy2j
16-11-2017, 15:49
The good news for any Eva and Adam shippers is that there's still hope for the pair, as an upcoming Christmas storyline sees them thrown back into each other's orbits.

It's been revealed that Adam and Eva will start working together as they help out with the community centre's Christmas celebrations.

We have a feeling that the Corrie writers aren't just throwing the pair back together for no reason, so could this be the moment that they become a proper couple?

Teasing the possibility, Corrie's producer Kate Oates told Soaplife: "Adam's been a player with the ladies in the past, but he does have genuine feelings for Eva.

"Eva's been so traumatised by what's happened to her over the past year that, for once, she hasn't been thinking about moving on to the next man straight away – as she always has done before."

Samuel Robertson, who plays Adam, has previously backed his character's possible union with Eva – tipping them as a great new couple for the show.

Speaking in August, he explained: "Cath is great to work with. I've watched the scenes we have done and I think the chemistry is there between them.

"Adam has spent the first nine months being on the periphery of other people's relationships and having nothing of his own, but that is like real life. As an outsider, you are circling round trying to find your place."

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/coronation-street/news/a843223/coronation-street-christmas-spoilers-adam-barlow-eva-price/

Kim
16-11-2017, 15:55
I'm betting she's about to find out she's pregnant for real. She slept with Aidan the night before the wedding and Adam shortly after...

lizann
24-07-2018, 00:29
is he leaving with eva?

swmc66
27-07-2018, 23:55
Hope he will return

olivia1896
28-07-2018, 01:33
If the actor isn’t really leaving the show, maybe when Adam and Eva return for aiden’s Inquest Adam realises she she never love him the way she loved aiden and decides to stay

lizann
31-07-2018, 00:36
If the actor isn’t really leaving the show, maybe when Adam and Eva return for aiden’s Inquest Adam realises she she never love him the way she loved aiden and decides to stay

i think uncle petey will talk him into staying, that eva dont love him really

Perdita
31-07-2018, 04:59
Coronation Street has revealed that Adam Barlow will be back on the cobbles next week – even after Eva Price has left for good.

Adam recently departed Weatherfield with Eva and baby Susie, leaving fans to wonder whether Samuel Robertson was bowing out from the role.

We already knew to expect Adam back this Friday (August 3), as he accompanies Eva to Aidan Connor's inquest in her final two episodes.

However, new spoilers for next week have now revealed that Adam is back working at the solicitor's office on Friday, August 10 – suggesting that there's no happy ending for him and Eva after all.

Next week, Imran Habeeb (Charlie de Melo) takes on a controversial new client at the law firm, agreeing to represent conman Duncan Radfield.

Duncan (Nicholas Gleaves) is facing fraud charges after stealing £40,000 of council money, but when he's backed into a corner next week, he lies that Sally Metcalfe was the true mastermind behind the scam.

Back at work, Adam tells Imran that it's not a good idea to represent Duncan, as Sally has so many friends in the local community and it won't go down well.

Despite this, Imran goes ahead with the idea – backing Duncan rather than Sally.

http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/18/30/768x512/gallery-soaps-coronation-street-5-duncan-lies-to-imran-l8w7e0vajnkpqltqlpuj-2-1.jpg
Duncan Radfield lies to Imran Habeeb in Coronation Street
© ITV

Corrie has yet to reveal how things end between Adam and Eva, so for the time being, fans will have to draw their own conclusions about why he's still present on the cobbles after Catherine Tyldesley's final scenes have aired. What could drive them apart again?

Coronation Street airs these scenes on Friday, August 10 at 7.30pm and 8.30pm on ITV.

Digital Spy

tammyy2j
02-08-2018, 00:10
I wanted a nice happy ending for him with Eva and the baby

lizann
03-08-2018, 23:28

correcto

he can maybe rebound with single sistas uncle petey's exs leanne or toyah

swmc66
05-08-2018, 23:27
I hope they pair him with someone new but i think its going to be Angie

Perdita
25-01-2019, 04:15
He is leaving :(

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/tv/adam-barlow-leaves-coronation-street-15729285?fbclid=IwAR3Gqdvav1cHWN_rOdyq9wg0J3nxItVE EwD8Ua0hyR3fnRsMGD6rCxM0e3c

lizann
25-01-2019, 17:35
He is leaving :(

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/tv/adam-barlow-leaves-coronation-street-15729285?fbclid=IwAR3Gqdvav1cHWN_rOdyq9wg0J3nxItVE EwD8Ua0hyR3fnRsMGD6rCxM0e3c

he should have left with eva

swmc66
27-01-2019, 20:54
I am sure he will be back and will hopefully end up with Sarah.

tammyy2j
30-01-2019, 14:13
I am sure he will be back and will hopefully end up with Sarah.

I want him to return but not for Sarah

He could come back with a new lady or new relative, a new Baldwin

Perdita
03-02-2019, 06:01
https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/coronation-street/a26119403/coronation-street-reassures-fans-adam-barlow-future-after-exit/

He will be back soon :cheer::clap:

Perdita
20-04-2019, 11:57
https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/57486566_10157305600482422_5696117272997789696_n.j pg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=3fa35a7376704463ddf072d2f85a2adc&oe=5D3492BB

Back filming :)

swmc66
20-04-2019, 15:33
Hope Sarah goes out with him

Perdita
23-04-2019, 12:06
Hope Sarah goes out with him

Yes, they are going to get together ...https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/coronation-street/a27236208/coronation-street-spoilers-adam-barlow-sarah-platt-passion/?utm_content=bufferf99cf&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=soapsfacebookpost&fbclid=IwAR0_oNrsJ0HFABTAsHvi8eRxYqLtBq8Z6zyrm6W9g 5-zd-CQQgK_Jz2M8-M

tammyy2j
23-04-2019, 15:41
Yes, they are going to get together ...https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/coronation-street/a27236208/coronation-street-spoilers-adam-barlow-sarah-platt-passion/?utm_content=bufferf99cf&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=soapsfacebookpost&fbclid=IwAR0_oNrsJ0HFABTAsHvi8eRxYqLtBq8Z6zyrm6W9g 5-zd-CQQgK_Jz2M8-M

Oh no I would prefer someone else for him

swmc66
28-04-2019, 15:16
As long as she does not mess him around and pine for ;loser Gary they will be ok. It would be nice for Adam to be with someone and have some happiness after Eva.

tammyy2j
29-09-2019, 00:28
Can Adam not afford his own place (he is a solicitor) or move in with Ken even instead of living in the pub?

Perdita
16-10-2019, 10:33
https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/coronation-street/a29481811/coronation-street-cast-sam-robertson-new-look/

New look for Sam ...

Perdita
19-11-2019, 14:41
https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/coronation-street/a29481811/coronation-street-cast-sam-robertson-new-look/

New look for Sam ...

Sorry but I think he looks awful ...:nono:

mysangry
25-11-2019, 16:11
Sorry but I think he looks awful ...:nono:

Yea but is it really any worst than his long greasy tucked behind the ears style, such a shame as he does have nice hair, just needs a good hairdresser, not Maria pehaps!

Ruffed_lemur
25-11-2019, 16:57
Yea but is it really any worst than his long greasy tucked behind the ears style, such a shame as he does have nice hair, just needs a good hairdresser, not Maria pehaps!

I think the new style is worse. His hair isn't greasy, just looks like lots of hair oil to me.

Perdita
09-12-2019, 07:10
Coronation Street lawyer Adam Barlow surprises his girlfriend Sarah Platt with a marriage proposal on Christmas Day.

Adam (Samaul Robertson) pops the question after he and Sarah (Tina O'Brien) have spent the day with their mutual families.

Whether Sarah agrees to be Adam's wife remains to be seen, but as they head to the pub afterwards, trouble brews when a vengeful Derek Milligan (Craige Els) chases Gary Windass (Mikey North) into the Rovers with a gun.

With an unstable Derek intent on payback after Gary kidnaps him and ties him up in the furniture shop on Christmas Eve, things soon escalate as the pair fight it out on the street.

As at least one person then gets shot, Sarah and Adam's joy is short-lived as the day ends in tragedy. But who has been shot and will they die?

Looking forward to this episode :D

lizann
10-12-2019, 00:44
As long as she does not mess him around and pine for ;loser Gary they will be ok. It would be nice for Adam to be with someone and have some happiness after Eva.

is sarah after gary still?

adam and her, not feeling their match up

is adam robert and shona shot?

Perdita
10-12-2019, 04:22

Robert shot and to die of heart attack, Shona shot and in a coma for 4 months until Julia comes back from maternity leave. Might have filmed scenes with her in hospital already so she will not be missed much on screen????

mysangry
28-12-2019, 20:57

yea but ADam has had a "nice" hair cut and ditched the long greasy locks, what girl would have wanted to run her fingers throught that mucky mop!!!

lizann
22-01-2020, 21:26
too soon for them to marry plus he was a rebound for her

lizann
25-08-2020, 16:20
adam to get close to nikki as she becomes afraid of daniel

lizann
12-12-2020, 01:22
he survives, so was it simon?

Perdita
12-12-2020, 04:31
he survives, so was it simon?

Or Peter, or Gary, or Sarah or Carla ... or even Ray? Why would he let him have the keys??? :hmm:

swmc66
12-12-2020, 07:21
I think its Simon too
There is supposed to be a story that involves all the youngsters in new year. Maybe he spirals out of control after that
Leanne is going to be protecting Simon from something as well

Perdita
27-02-2022, 04:43
https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/1571630/Coronation-Street-spoilers-Adam-Barlow-exit-Sam-Robertson

Leaving ....

CorneliusBlanc
28-02-2022, 10:14
https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/1571630/Coronation-Street-spoilers-Adam-Barlow-exit-Sam-Robertson

Leaving ....

He's not confirmed to be leaving, it is just a clickbait headline because he discusses the possibility of leaving.

lizann
01-03-2022, 00:58
hope he stays and dumps sarah

LouiseP
01-03-2022, 02:56
hope he stays and dumps sarah

Can?t wait for the truth to come out.

Perdita
03-03-2022, 05:35
He is staying for another year

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tv/17819747/coronation-street-sam-robertson-new-deal-adam-barlow/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=suncorriefacebook&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1646232201-1

Perdita
28-01-2023, 13:21
Wish he would consult David for a decent hair cut... please get rid of the man bun, Adam ..

Perdita
23-02-2024, 13:08
https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/coronation-street/a46912944/coronation-street-adam-barlow-harvey-gaskell-deception/

Adam Barlow will be drawn deeper into Harvey Gaskell?s web of deception on Coronation Street next week.

The lawyer has been speaking with the incarcerated Harvey in recent weeks, hoping to drive Damon Hay out of town in a bid to rekindle things with estranged wife Sarah.

Part of the deal requires Adam to pin Harvey?s murder of Natasha Blakeman on somebody else, and next Monday?s (February 26) scenes will see the pair?s plan come together.

They have agreed to pin the blame on John Perry, who is currently undergoing treatment for cancer, but their plan hits a snag as John was seen on CCTV visiting a shop at the same time of Harvey?s crime.

To remedy this, Harvey suggests to a despairing Adam that the only option left is to destroy the footage, but will the lawyer go as far as breaking the law to continue with his plan?

Whilst Adam is struggling with his own morality, his adoptive aunt Tracy is facing her own test following her affair with Tommy Orpington, which has thus far remained undetected by her husband Steve McDonald.

Whilst Tommy?s affair with Tracy is yet to be discovered, actor Matt Milburn recently spoke about the potential repercussions for Steve, referencing the character?s friendship with Tommy making the possible wounds cut even deeper.

?I think he's going to be mortified at the fact that it's Tommy as opposed to finding out that Tracy's had an affair,? he remarked during an appearance on Lorraine. ?But yeah, poor old Steve.?

Perdita
09-04-2024, 11:23
https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/coronation-street/a60432239/coronation-street-spoilers-adam-alya/

Coronation Street confirms show regular as Adam's next love interest
Coronation Street has named Alya Nazir as a potential new love interest for Adam Barlow.
Adam's feelings for Alya will become apparent next week as they clash over her future at the solicitor's firm.
Adam has been single since splitting from his wife Sarah late last year.
Early next week, the lawyer's fortunes start to change, as he meets up with new client Rebecca at the Chariot Square Hotel. Rebecca is played by former Hollyoaks star Gemma Merna, who's making a guest appearance in the soap.
Adam orders a bottle of wine and flirts with Rebecca. There's an obvious chemistry between them, so when Alya calls to warn that he's needed at the office for a meeting, Adam ignores her and hangs up.
Alya ends up leading the meeting with Rich, who's from the Fabian's firm. Rich praises her knowledge and suggests that she has the potential to become a partner in the future.
Alya says her goodbyes to Rich following the successful meeting, but Adam's unprofessional behaviour continues, as the door suddenly bursts open to show him and Rebecca mid-snog.
Later in the week, Alya accepts the job offer from Rich and they celebrate the news over lunch in the Bistro.
Adam is alarmed when his biggest client then gets in touch to reveal that they're transferring their work to Fabian's. He's livid that Alya is already poaching the firm's business.
Michael Bailey inadvertently inflames the tensions when he informs Alya that Adam is telling people she has accepted her job back.
Alya knows this isn't true, so she storms over to confront Adam, telling him to stick his job.
However, as Alya storms off, it's clear that Adam is smitten. What could the future hold for them both?

Perdita
30-04-2024, 03:59
https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/coronation-street/a60635219/coronation-street-spoilers-adam-barlow-heartbreak/

Coronation Street's Adam Barlow faces another romantic setback next week as Alya Nazir prepares to leave Weatherfield.

The ITV soap is exploring a new-found chemistry between Adam and Alya, but they look set to be torn apart already in upcoming scenes.

As we've previously revealed, Adam and Alya grow closer this week as they continue to work together on a joint case.

They're interrupted when Alya's new boss Rich walks into Adam's law office and catches them passionately kissing when they're supposed to be working.

In follow-on scenes next week, Alya complains to Adam that their kiss has ruined her career as she's now in trouble for behaving unprofessionally.

Fortunately, Rich soon meets up with Alya and confirms that she's still able to take the planned work placement in Dublin.

This is thanks to Adam, who has spoken to Rich and assured him that any "misunderstanding" was his fault rather than Alya's.

Later in the week, Alya's grandmother Yasmeen spots her chatting to Adam again. Yasmeen spots the growing connection between the pair and wonders whether Alya is going to miss Adam more than she's letting on.

Adam's caring behaviour continues as he hands over an expensive law book to Alya as a gift.

Adam wishes Alya all the best with her time in Dublin, but now that she's falling for Adam, will Alya be able to bring herself to leave?

A temporary departure seems likely at this stage, as Sair Khan ? who plays Alya ? announced in December that she's expecting her first child with partner Nathan Chilton. The baby is due to arrive this spring.