PDA

View Full Version : lord of the rings v's harry potter

chance
06-04-2006, 11:22
which set of movies do you prefer over all?
The books are great for both of them but which movies do you prefer? Are you generation Harry potter or generation Lord of the rings?

Chloe O'brien
06-04-2006, 11:29
I'm a LOTR fan I could watch the films over and over again without being tired of them. Though I do understand why a lot of people love the harry potter films and books. My daughter is 7 and since last summer she has got into reading the harry potter books thanks to her cousins so I find myself reading them with her and watching the films together, but I think a lot of the ideas that JK rowlings has for her books have been infulenced by LOTR

chance
06-04-2006, 11:41
Those dementers in prison of azcaban (sp) were a rip off of the ring raiths (sp) in lotr.(the ones who chased frodo on the back of the horses.

Em
06-04-2006, 12:19
Harry Potter all the way!

LOTR was to difficult for me to read (im 23). I tjust didnt catch my imagination the way HP did.

Go Team Potter!

Abi
06-04-2006, 12:33
Harry Potter, definetly.

I saw "the Fellowship of the Ring" at the cinema, and frankly just thought it was a load of tosh. It was a few years ago, i know that, but i didn't have the faintest idea what was going on. Film-wise, Harry Potter is a lot more gripping in my opinion.

I'd love to read the LOTR books at some point though, maybe in the summer, and compare the books. I generally prefer books anyway, so i might appriciate the films more once i've read the books.

Chloe O'brien
06-04-2006, 12:43
I had to read the hobbit first then LOTR twice to understand it properly I also watch the films to understand the proper pronouncing of the names and places

chance
06-04-2006, 13:07
I thought the first potter film was good but i couldnt really get into the second for some reason,i can see the appeal though but those films arent really for me.Where as i can watch lotr over and over again and love them more each time and dont get bored of them.You notice new things each time you watch it.

willow
06-04-2006, 13:26
i prefer harry potter, just can't seem to get in to lord of the rings

pookie1968uk
07-04-2006, 13:55
lord of the rings. dont like harry potter and all it represents.