PDA

View Full Version : That'll Teach 'Em!

Chris_2k11
04-04-2006, 21:28
Is anyone watching?? I can't stop laughing! :rotfl:

Abi
04-04-2006, 21:31
Yeah, i'm watching it. Its histerical!! Especially that girl sneaking in chewing gum and chocolate in her Tampan box :rotfl: Classic!

Bryan
04-04-2006, 21:32
i forgot about this! :crying: i was looking forward to watching it. oh well another series i cant watch now *sobs*

Abi
04-04-2006, 21:34
i forgot about this! :crying: i was looking forward to watching it. oh well another series i cant watch now *sobs*

You've only missed half an hour of it, switch over now, and watch it!! :rotfl: Its histerical!!

Bryan
04-04-2006, 21:34
You've only missed half an hour of it, switch over now, and watch it!! :rotfl: Its histerical!!

whats the theme this year? its always different each series?

Abi
04-04-2006, 21:36
whats the theme this year? its always different each series?

Boys Vs. Girls.

Though its a well known fact already that us girls are better then boys :p :ninja: :rotfl:

Bryan
04-04-2006, 21:38
Boys Vs. Girls.

Though its a well known fact already that us girls are better then boys :p :ninja: :rotfl:

not in those days with those kinds of education! and watch your lip you! :p

Chris_2k11
04-04-2006, 21:39
"la la la la!"

"Oh for goodness sake!" :rolleyes: :mad:

:rotfl:

Abi
04-04-2006, 21:40
not in those days with those kinds of education! and watch your lip you! :p
Me? Be lippy?! Never! :rotfl: :p

did you hear those boys singing?! Talk about strangling cats!

The girls, of course, were much better..... :rotfl:

Bryan
04-04-2006, 21:41
Me? Be lippy?! Never! :rotfl: :p

did you hear those boys singing?! Talk about strangling cats!

The girls, of course, were much better..... :rotfl:

oh yeah and that phyciscs lesson is showing that isnt it... :rolleyes: :lol:

Abi
04-04-2006, 21:42
oh yeah and that phyciscs lesson is showing that isnt it... :rolleyes: :lol:

Erm, yeah well... at least they didn't think you keep food in your mouth for 6-8 hours!! :rotfl:

samantha nixon
04-04-2006, 21:49
abi what is that'l teach em i no its a tv show thing but what is it about

Abi
04-04-2006, 21:54
Its on Channel 4 at the moment. Its basically a group of teenage kids have been sent to a school, that mimiks a 1950's school, to teach them how to behave and everything.

Each series has a theme, and this series is "Boys Vs. Girls", so they're going to have competitions and things, i guess.

Its on untill 10.00. Turn over an have a look, its histerical!

samantha nixon
04-04-2006, 21:55
cool sounds like it was good, ill have a look next time its on

Chris_2k11
04-04-2006, 22:00
What a crap headmaster! He doesn't scare me!!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Abi
04-04-2006, 22:02
Do they actually beleive that anyone would take him seriously?! Headteacher? More like Head Gardener, or something like that!!! :rotfl:

Bryan
04-04-2006, 22:03
the headmaster looks like a cross between anthony woreel thompson and robin cook!

and doesnt that lad feel smelly! doing an impression of him and getting caught!!! :lol: :rotfl: GUTTED!!!!

adorableangel
04-04-2006, 22:44
i like the cheeky scouser!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris_2k11
11-04-2006, 21:19
Abi? :D BB? :D You watchin this week? :p

Abi
11-04-2006, 21:20
Yep, sure am!! :rotfl:

That girl lap danced for her head teacher at her prom!! OMFG!! :sick::lol:

Chris_2k11
11-04-2006, 21:39
Haha! The headmaster cracks me up! :rotfl: "Explain yourself INGRAM!" :lol:

Abi
11-04-2006, 21:41
He's trying to sound so stern and everything, but he's just he complete opposite. My school cleaners are scarier than him!

Chris_2k11
11-04-2006, 21:46
BACH!

EL!

OR!

:lol:

Abi
11-04-2006, 21:47
Whats with that?! Who doesn't know how to spell Bachelor!?

Come on, guys, you're making us GCSE people look bad here!!

Siobhan
12-04-2006, 09:26
I was shocked at the level that the girls had.. Is it true that you don't do experiment in science anymore? and that it is all one subject. when I was doing my finals I was doing Biology as a seperate subject and I have to disect rats, eyes, lungs, hearts and all manner of stuff... I enjoyed it...

Tori
13-04-2006, 09:36
there isn't enough time to do lots of experiments anymore, it is 2 subjects (2 GCSEs). as i don;t like science it is good, but you can still take each separately as an option at my school.

the programme is fab- but the headmaster is weird. he is using language which is a bit strange. he said something about wrapping up his hands to vikki, but used a word beginning with M (can't remember it!!)

some of those pupils worry me- i don;t know anyone like that and people that i know can spell bachelor!

Abi
13-04-2006, 12:09
I was shocked at the level that the girls had.. Is it true that you don't do experiment in science anymore? and that it is all one subject. when I was doing my finals I was doing Biology as a seperate subject and I have to disect rats, eyes, lungs, hearts and all manner of stuff... I enjoyed it...

It depends what exams board and course you do really. I do a Double Award Science. That means that you do three exams- one for each Science- then all your marks are added together, and you get a double GCSE in the end, depending on what you got when they added them up.

If done disection in biology. I've disected a heart, a liver and an eye. But they can't do that much anymore, because of all these health and safetly nonsense. Our teachers disected a rat in our lesson... that wasn't that great...

dddMac1
18-04-2006, 13:20
that'll teach them is funny i can't stop laughing when it's on
But it just shows that 1950's education was better and tougher.kids today have it easy

Siobhan
18-04-2006, 14:17
If done disection in biology. I've disected a heart, a liver and an eye. But they can't do that much anymore, because of all these health and safetly nonsense. Our teachers disected a rat in our lesson... that wasn't that great...

I remeber back in the late 80's when I was at school we couldn't do a blood test because of AIDS scare!!!

Siobhan
19-04-2006, 17:35
I watched this again last night and I was suprised so many couldn't do long division without a calculator... :eek:

.:SpIcYsPy:.
19-04-2006, 17:41
What channel and what time?! :eek:

Siobhan
19-04-2006, 17:43
What channel and what time?! :eek:

it is on channel 4 at 9pm on Tuesdays... really really good.. and the teachers are just laughable...

Siobhan
03-05-2006, 14:54
I just watched the last episode last night and I was shocked to hear that you can pass GCSE with just 16% in an exam. Most of it is based on course work :eek::eek:

Maybe cause I am older but we didn't have that option in school and had to do our exams like the O levels exams they took last night. We were not given poems in our english exam and were marked on grammer, spelling and handwriting.. In Maths, we didn't get calculators and had to do everything with log table.. you people have it too easy nowadays

Abi
03-05-2006, 14:58
Totally went off this programme. They lied about so much.

A) Only vocational subjects like Art have mainly coursework, generally talking. English, Maths and Science are at MOST 20%. Hardly most of it.

B) They said we can have Annotated texts. We can't.

C) The accepted pass rate in jobs and work is a C, which is around 60%. that 16% they were going on about is basically a fail. Anything lower then a C is classed as a fail in most places.

D) You are marked on Spelling, puncuation and grammer in English Language, and a lot of Science questions too. Not as much as in O levels, but still it exsists.

E) You can only use calculators in 2 exams: Maths calculator and Physics. Not all of them. You still have to be able to do maths in your head for the rest ( like chemestry and non-calculator maths)

:angry:

The headteacher was funny though!!