PDA

View Full Version : Obesity crisis

chance
04-04-2006, 14:57
Who is to blame for the obesity crisis?

hazey
04-04-2006, 15:07
it is the parents in the first instants,as child to small to buy chips etc. The old saying you are what you eat is so true. If you bring your children up with a sensible diet and sweets and chocolate are a rare treat,you are building a good ground of rules for them to follow,It is when they reach the teens it is hard to help them,as they are old enough to make their own choices,all be it the wrong ones at times.But most people come to a point in their lives when they say that enough of eating rubbish,like I did. When I was young we didnt have all the take aways and so many sweets, it was the puddings that our grannies fed us that put on the weight, like treacle sponge and jam rollypolly,chocolate sponge, and cooking with Lard.

Siobhan
04-04-2006, 16:28
it is the parents in the first instants,as child to small to buy chips etc. The old saying you are what you eat is so true. If you bring your children up with a sensible diet and sweets and chocolate are a rare treat,you are building a good ground of rules for them to follow,It is when they reach the teens it is hard to help them,as they are old enough to make their own choices,all be it the wrong ones at times.But most people come to a point in their lives when they say that enough of eating rubbish,like I did. When I was young we didnt have all the take aways and so many sweets, it was the puddings that our grannies fed us that put on the weight, like treacle sponge and jam rollypolly,chocolate sponge, and cooking with Lard.

I agree with you, it is initally down to the parents. They are the ones who buy the food for the Kids and if the kids see these things on TV that does not necessary mean the parents have to buy it for them.. it is called disipline!!

xCharliex
04-04-2006, 16:42
None of the above, its whoever chooses to shove the food into their mouths as far as im concerned, obviously with younger children then its the parents

Tori
04-04-2006, 17:00
firstly as a young adult i think that firstly parents are to blame because they let children eat fatty foods and sweets. but i also think it is the fault of the government for not doing something about school meals and healthy eating sooner- they let the consequences appear before action

hazey
04-04-2006, 19:26
firstly as a young adult i think that firstly parents are to blame because they let children eat fatty foods and sweets. but i also think it is the fault of the government for not doing something about school meals and healthy eating sooner- they let the consequences appear before action I have to agree with you on this as well,healthy eating at school was around,back in the sixties when I was at school even had a salad bar all year round.I was horrified when my son went to school and it was burgers and chips and all fatty food. the goverment are now realising that they have made a mistake,but at what cost to the children of the 80's and beyond.