PDA

View Full Version : nasty nick to die

chance
04-04-2006, 09:58
According to the Sun today:

EASTENDERS Nasty Nick Cotton is being killed off – finally!

Long-suffering mum Dot will rush to his side after he’s diagnosed with terminal cancer.

Dot will nurse Nick in the summer. But actor John Altman is NOT coming back as the plot will unfold off screen.

It's so that June Brown can have a well deserved break.

chance
04-04-2006, 10:00
very silly in my opinion,he was a great character,they should at least bring him back to kill him off.

eastenders mad
04-04-2006, 10:08
yep like they should have done when they killed Kathy off

diamond1
04-04-2006, 11:17
oh no he was such a great character and another return would have complimented the show cant dot and jim have an holiday with nigel or robbie so that way they still get a deserved break but to write off another great character off screen is stupid

Siobhan
04-04-2006, 11:30
No!!!!!!! they can't do that.. Nick Cotton is a fantastic character.. I hope this is not true

Kim
04-04-2006, 11:36
Dot's too soft for her own good. She should never have any contact with him again after what has been said and done, let alone nurse him.

Chloe O'brien
04-04-2006, 12:06
Nick Cotton was the best baddie ever on eastenders I would love to see him back on the square terrorising everyone again. hopefully he will change his mind about wanting killed off

bubblez_05
04-04-2006, 12:07
i thought he was already dead!!! why did he leave the last time, cant remember????

BlackKat
04-04-2006, 12:12
If the storyline is only to allow June Brown a holiday, why don't they just say that Dot's gone on holiday, or to go and visit a sick friend. They don't need to kill off another character for a rather crap reason. At least killing Kathy brought Ben back to the Square. What will killing Nick achieve?

alan45
04-04-2006, 12:12
This is a disgrace. At least Nick Cotton was a believable villan unlike The New Mitchells or Johnny 'Born Again' Allen. The Beeb are MAD getting rid of him.

Siobhan
04-04-2006, 12:25
i thought he was already dead!!! why did he leave the last time, cant remember????

he left because he was responsible for his son's death

lisa cullumbine
04-04-2006, 12:42
:cheer: ABOUT TIME WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND HE WAS WICKED TO DOT BLESS HER

Florijo
04-04-2006, 14:25
Are the EE producers mentally deficient? Killing off yet another EE character is bad enough, but to do it off screen is even worse!

Why kill him off? Yes, June Brown might need a break, so why not send her to visit Nigel or just send them on holiday somewhere else. Or they could even have Dot go and reconcile with Nick off screen as this could then lead to storylines for Dot involving Nick later on if the actor decides to make a return.

There are far too many deaths in EE now and they have lost all impact for me now. There was a time when a character death at least made an impact on me, now I just think to myself, "Oh look, another EE character has just died, a character has not died for at least a month so I knew we were due another death soon" :rolleyes:

Bryan
04-04-2006, 14:33
John Altman and June Browne are talents to Eastenders! They desere these scenes to be aired!

First Kathy now Nick...lets hope they dont get the habit of killing off all off screen characters, or well have no returns to look forward to.

Dr. Tangliss
04-04-2006, 14:49
They can't kill off Nick Cotton! Not like that anyway, they should bring him back for one last time.

Richie_lecturer
04-04-2006, 15:32
Another nail in the EE coffin. If this is true, this is an absolute disgrace. First Kathy, and now Nick. The bosses seem to be totally and utterly ignorant to its past history/glory. Absolutely bewildering.

This would mean that Sharon and Michelle woulod be the only survivors left from day 1 of EastEnders in 1985. The show is losing touch, not only with its viewers, but with reality as well.

Florijo
04-04-2006, 15:44
I would not be surprised if EE decided to kill Michelle off in order to get Mark Jr in Walford so that the Mitchells could get their hands on him. After all they did sacrifice Kathy so that Ben could become a proper Mitchell.

BlackKat
04-04-2006, 15:49
I would not be surprised if EE decided to kill Michelle off in order to get Mark Jr in Walford so that the Mitchells could get their hands on him. After all they did sacrifice Kathy so that Ben could become a proper Mitchell.

At least that would have a purpose and would create a storyline. This doesn't seem to have any reason other than getting Dot out the Square for a while.

Layne
04-04-2006, 16:28
I don't think they should kill nick off, and specially not like you said kat just so dot can get out of the square!

i_luv_dennis
04-04-2006, 16:44
i liked nick lol i dont no why

BlackKat
04-04-2006, 17:17
From DS

EE's Nasty Nick Cotton NOT being killed off
Tuesday, April 4 2006, 15:52 BST - by Kris Green

Another day and yet another misleading story in the tabloids.

Today's claim is that Nasty Nick Cotton, who was played by John Altman from 1985 to 1993, is to be killed off in another off-screen death.

Reports suggested that Dot (June Brown) was to learn of her son's battle with terminal cancer over the summer month eventually resulting in his death.

An EastEnders spokesperson, however, told DS: "Dot will discover that her son Nick has cancer and she will go and visit him. The character of Nick Cotton WILL NOT be killed off in this storyline."

Well that puts paid to that one, doesn't it?

Siobhan
04-04-2006, 17:19
From DS

EE's Nasty Nick Cotton NOT being killed off
Tuesday, April 4 2006, 15:52 BST - by Kris Green

Another day and yet another misleading story in the tabloids.

Today's claim is that Nasty Nick Cotton, who was played by John Altman from 1985 to 1993, is to be killed off in another off-screen death.

Reports suggested that Dot (June Brown) was to learn of her son's battle with terminal cancer over the summer month eventually resulting in his death.

An EastEnders spokesperson, however, told DS: "Dot will discover that her son Nick has cancer and she will go and visit him. The character of Nick Cotton WILL NOT be killed off in this storyline."

Well that puts paid to that one, doesn't it?

It says won't be killed off in THIS storyline, does that mean there may be plans in the future???

BlackKat
04-04-2006, 17:35
It could just be that they are covering their backs -- if they said "Nick Cotton will not be killed off," and then in the future decided to (even if they have no plans presently) someone might dig the article up and whine. That seems a little pedantic though.

littlemo
04-04-2006, 18:14
I'm glad they're not killing him off. I liked his character. It's true he was the ultimate bad boy, but there were a lot of sides to him. He could be quite a comedian at times. I wonder if they will bring Nick back some time in the future?!

It's strange they'd make him have cancer, I thought it would have been something like Hepatitas. Although maybe they thought it would be going down the same route as the Mark situation. Also they don't want to kill him off, and cancer can be cured ' be in remission anyway'.

Dot's going away in the Summer, do you reckon it's about the time Max comes back? if it is she won't be there to help Jim with that situation. He'll have to work it out on his own. I'm sure he'll cope, Bradley will be there.

alkalinetrio
04-04-2006, 23:34
i loved hes caracter glad they aint killing him off! giving him cancer wud be good story line but i want him to recover that way he aint killed off and dot can come back after her break:P

Richie_lecturer
05-04-2006, 00:00
It says won't be killed off in THIS storyline, does that mean there may be plans in the future???
I'm sure there will. June Brown is 80 next year, and inevitably she won't have long left on EE at her age, so there's going to have be some developments regarding Nick, sooner or later.

matt1378
05-04-2006, 01:26
i'm glad he's not being killed off and i hope he does come back

callummc
05-04-2006, 11:46
bad idea to even consider killing him off,why give him cancer,isn't ee miserable enough,from what i read a couple of years ago nick was gonna return soon after den but the actor who plays him had a nervous breakdown and ended up in hospital,poor man had probably read some ee scripts,they are enough to send the sanest person to have a breakdown

crazygirl
05-04-2006, 13:52
i hope they dont kill him off, i like nick cotton and would like to see him return

Richie_lecturer
05-04-2006, 15:32
from what i read a couple of years ago nick was gonna return soon after den but the actor who plays him had a nervous breakdown and ended up in hospital,poor man had probably read some ee scripts,they are enough to send the sanest person to have a breakdown
:D

I agree with you 100% Callum!

xcutiekatiex
05-04-2006, 19:09
this is stupid at least bring him back

crazygirl
07-04-2006, 14:40
sharon marshall said this morning that he does not die! he does get cancer and dot does go and look after him but he does not die

callummc
08-04-2006, 01:39
well he dosn't die yet she means,cos it sounds to me like ee are planting the seed,nick has a bad illness and when they run out of ideas for a script yhey'll say ,i know lets kill of nick,have dot bring him home for the funeral,so with the wake and funeral that should fill a week up,then we'll look for our next victim to either get a dying illness,fall down the stairs ,get knocked over or get knocked over the head with somthing

alvinsduckie
09-04-2006, 02:25
well he dosn't die yet she means,cos it sounds to me like ee are planting the seed,nick has a bad illness and when they run out of ideas for a script yhey'll say ,i know lets kill of nick,have dot bring him home for the funeral,so with the wake and funeral that should fill a week up,then we'll look for our next victim to either get a dying illness,fall down the stairs ,get knocked over or get knocked over the head with somthing

or getting knocked up* :rotfl:

.:SpIcYsPy:.
17-04-2006, 18:16
I thought he was already dead too!! June deserves that break so :thumbsup: