PDA

View Full Version : paypal

Luna
03-04-2006, 09:41
not sure if ive put this in the right place.

Ive just bought two things from ebay the first one i paid straight way which cost round about £50

The second only costs £5 and paypal wont let me pay for it unless i sent up a direct debit???????

It says - The amount of this transaction exceeds your remaining Sending Limit and cannot be processed until you set up Direct Debit. You can complete this payment now by setting up Direct Debit below. Once you have set up Direct Debit, please go back to eBay to complete this payment.

and then asks me to check my bank statement in 3-5 days time to get the two payments they have put into my account let them know how much the payments are for and then i can make the payment????

Has anyone else had this??? Ive been using paypal for 4 years and never had this problem

willow
03-04-2006, 09:48
i had that happen to me a few months ago, it was very strange!!

Luna
03-04-2006, 09:54
so what happens ??? i dont want to set up a direct debit how do i get passed it

Jojo
03-04-2006, 09:57
I've never had this Lee - is it to do with the account being verified??

I've never had to set up a dd or anything like that - have you tried emailing them??

Do you have a verified account?? :searchme: Could it be something like a daily limit??

Can you tell I haven't a clue really :rotfl:

willow
03-04-2006, 09:58
i just followed the instructions, i have not set up a direct debit though. it said it would take 2 small amounts and then when the statement comes you have to enter the amounts and then you can carry on using it, really strange though!!!

Luna
03-04-2006, 10:18
my only problem is that the seller wants payment within 2 days and it says it will take 3-5 days to appear on the statement. I've emailed the seller to explain to them hope they are ok with it

willow
03-04-2006, 12:16
i am sure they will be ok as you are being honest with them,

pookie1968uk
03-04-2006, 14:53
i have an account with paypal and had to set up a direct debit so the money can be taken from my bank account then also give them a credit card as back up payment. you have yo wait for a statemnet to come and on it paypal will have deposited two small amounts into your account which you then have to email back to them. it is a security measure i think.

samantha nixon
03-04-2006, 18:06
hiya
with some paypal accounts you only get a certain amount of money in it each month as that happened to us so my mum done the other thing to get more money allowed

Luna
05-04-2006, 13:34
well ive just checked my bank account and they have still not deposited the money so i can verift the account - luckly the seller is ok about this

Jojo
05-04-2006, 14:30
I had a thing today, where i sold something but to accept the payment had to upgrade my account - the upgrade was free though, and when I sold something in Nov, this didnt happen, so maybe its a new thing they have started for security reasons...:searchme:

Luna
05-04-2006, 15:03
if its not there by tomorrow im going to have to find a contact number for them. Im addicted to ebay and finding it really hard cause i cant bid on anything :mad:

Em
06-04-2006, 14:44
I had a thing today, where i sold something but to accept the payment had to upgrade my account - the upgrade was free though, and when I sold something in Nov, this didnt happen, so maybe its a new thing they have started for security reasons...:searchme:

Thats because the seller would have been paying by credit card. You cant accept that unless you upgrade - I had the same problem.

Em
06-04-2006, 14:47
if its not there by tomorrow im going to have to find a contact number for them. Im addicted to ebay and finding it really hard cause i cant bid on anything :mad:

It can take a while for it to come through.

you have a limit each month of how much you can spend/pay for with paypal on a debit/credit card (for secutiry reasons in case of card fraud)

Your limit will increase when you enter your bank details, and rather than coming out of your card it will come out of your bank direct.

Hope that helps :D

Luna
20-04-2006, 16:35
you know that money is still not in my account!!!!! just about to make my 5th phone call to paypal....this is going to be nasty

willow
20-04-2006, 16:36
flipping heck that has been ages!!!!!

really glad i don't work for paypal!!!!!!

Luna
20-04-2006, 17:23
they do apologise and will do all they can to help unfrotunatly they dont have a supervisor there at the moment (yeah right used that one) and i will get a call back in the next 24 hours (used that one too and i wont hold my breath)

Luna
20-04-2006, 17:52
omg!!! what have they done to my account!!! just went on to see if i could do something and now its telling me that deposits have been sent to my bank account in may 2005

Jojo
14-11-2006, 19:30
Be warned

Today I have received 2 emails, supposedly from Paypal Inc, asking me to follow the link and log into my account, and that if I don't within 24 hrs my account will be closed.

Do not do it....

If you hover over the link and don't click on it, it isn't a paypal address. Plus, the email is sent to a group of people, not singly AND the email I received, wasn't sent to the email address that I have registered with Paypal, so 3 fatal errors on these peoples parts. Unfortunately though, some people may be taken in by them... so please....do not follow the link, ignore it.

I have reported both emails to paypal, so they are aware of this, but wanted to warn everyone.

Debs
14-11-2006, 19:35
ive had the same sort of thing before, very nearly entered my details something stopped me though!

alan45
14-11-2006, 19:35
I got these too to email addresses which have nowt to do with my paypal account i reported them to [email protected]

Jojo
14-11-2006, 21:16
I also forwarded the entire email to [email protected] so hopefully they'll investigate it fully too.

pookie1968uk
16-11-2006, 14:11
there is quite a lot of dodgey stuff going on in ebay and paypal at the moment. i keep getting iffy emails through people sending a question to the seller and they are nothing to do with the item i am selling.

pookie1968uk
08-01-2007, 14:51
you know with paypal if the funds to pay arent in your bank you give a credit card for back up? well when someone pays me and some of the money is coming off their credit card pay pal wont let me accept the money from the credit card and tell me ive got to upgrade to the premium account to accept credit card payments. ive now received a payment by pay pal, ive sent the book off and now pay pal wont let me accept the money unless i upgrade. does any one else have this problem?

Jojo
08-01-2007, 15:51
I've not come across this yet at all Pookie. I've been lucky enough to have accepted payments for anything I've sold, which have all gone through fine, prior to sending the goods off. There does seem to be a lot of things surrounding the whole upgrading thing now though - it seems as if Paypal is trying to get everyone to upgrade by the seems of it.

Siobhan
08-01-2007, 17:39
Be warned

Today I have received 2 emails, supposedly from Paypal Inc, asking me to follow the link and log into my account, and that if I don't within 24 hrs my account will be closed.

Do not do it....

I have reported both emails to paypal, so they are aware of this, but wanted to warn everyone.

I got them too Em and I don't even have a paypal account so I know it was fake.. I also got one from Halifax and we don't even have one of them in Ireland

Em
08-01-2007, 23:02
you know with paypal if the funds to pay arent in your bank you give a credit card for back up? well when someone pays me and some of the money is coming off their credit card pay pal wont let me accept the money from the credit card and tell me ive got to upgrade to the premium account to accept credit card payments. ive now received a payment by pay pal, ive sent the book off and now pay pal wont let me accept the money unless i upgrade. does any one else have this problem?

Hey Pookie ... its quite common for this to happen with Paypal. with a standard account you can only accept pament from someones bank account, and not any of their cards (even if it is a debit card)

Ive got a premium account though and i dont hink it cost me anything ... the only other thing to do really is not accept paypal payments,as most people these days pay by soem form of card, even through paypal.

hope that helps

pookie1968uk
10-01-2007, 19:15

Hey Pookie ... its quite common for this to happen with Paypal. with a standard account you can only accept pament from someones bank account, and not any of their cards (even if it is a debit card)

Ive got a premium account though and i dont hink it cost me anything ... the only other thing to do really is not accept paypal payments,as most people these days pay by soem form of card, even through paypal.

hope that helps

thanks. i decided to upgrade to the premium account and the money went into my account straight away after i had done this.

Abigail
14-01-2007, 01:10

hope that helps

thanks. i decided to upgrade to the premium account and the money went into my account straight away after i had done this.

I upgraded my account from basic to the next lever (premium? can't remember what its called) and I get charged a certain percentage for recieving all types of payment.

Kind of annoys me because I had to upgrade my account as almost everyone who bought my stuff paid by credit card so effectivly I'm paying for their bank/credit card company to issue the payment. And its against paypal policy to ask buyers to pay the surcharge. :angry:

Luna
17-05-2007, 10:24
i have another problem with paypal. Every payment i make sits for 10 days(sometimes more) as unclaimed i contacted them and they said it because the seller hasnt accepted the payment. But i just contacted on the sellers and she said the payment it there and paypal are refusing the release the money so its sitting on hers as uncleared?? its not just that one payment i have 5 things waiting to clear and the fund are there so why are they holding on it?

Has anyone had this problem before?

Abigail
18-05-2007, 22:10
i have another problem with paypal. Every payment i make sits for 10 days(sometimes more) as unclaimed i contacted them and they said it because the seller hasnt accepted the payment. But i just contacted on the sellers and she said the payment it there and paypal are refusing the release the money so its sitting on hers as uncleared?? its not just that one payment i have 5 things waiting to clear and the fund are there so why are they holding on it?

Has anyone had this problem before?

My sister had this problem with the same message but the woman she was sending money to kept denying that she had recieved the money. She closed her account in the end because she sent money several times but it kept saying it was uncleared. She rang paypal and they said the same as what they told you.

Will the seller post your goods if she has the payment there but it hasn't cleared yet?

Have you checked with your bank to make sure everything is ok that end (if its coming from your bank account)?

In my experience paypal customer service is absolutly rubbish, you ask them a question and they give you an answer to a question you didn't ask and don't seem to understand what you're saying.