PDA

View Full Version : 1 good thing to come from dens death

callummc
03-05-2005, 13:16
I beleive 1 good thing to come from dens death will be the end of the relationship between sharon and dennis cos once it all comes out sharon will never forgive herself for the way her and her dad parted company,it will be history repeating itself,she said on his return that she had allways felt guilty for the final wordsshe said last time and now she gone and done it again,she also said she could forgive him anything while she beleived he was dead,she also swore on dens life that she was not seeing dennis she is gonna blame herself allover again,poor sharon her dads death is going to ruin her life allover again

Jade
03-05-2005, 13:19
Not a spoiler

Moving

Siobhan
03-05-2005, 13:55
Sharon did tell Den that as far as she was concerned her dad died 19 years ago.

Alisha
03-05-2005, 14:10
I beleive 1 good thing to come from dens death will be the end of the relationship between sharon and dennis cos once it all comes out sharon will never forgive herself for the way her and her dad parted company,it will be history repeating itself,she said on his return that she had allways felt guilty for the final wordsshe said last time and now she gone and done it again,she also said she could forgive him anything while she beleived he was dead,she also swore on dens life that she was not seeing dennis she is gonna blame herself allover again,poor sharon her dads death is going to ruin her life allover again

Hi there

Just because Den has died that doesn't necessarily mean that it will end the relationship between her and Dennis. I actually think the opposite.

When she was 19 and Den died, Sharon was consumed with guilt over what she said to him and she will probably feel the same now. However what he did back then was nothing to do with hurting her, whereas using her infertility to split her up with Dennis was the lowest of low. Regardless of him being dead, it doesn't cancel out what he did to her. I'm thinking that she will grieve for him but also find some closure. Now that he will be out of her life she and Dennis can make a life for themselves. However I do agree that Sharon and Dennis will have their problems. They are both character with much depth and led complex lives. Their past insecurities will crop up at some point. However I doubt they would have a permanent long term break up over it. I have no doubt that it may cause some problems between them but I can't see this as the sole cause for them splitting up in the long run. :)

Siobhan
03-05-2005, 14:13
I think it is their past lives that bond them together... They have both felt abandoned by their parents. Sharon will get the closure she needs, I don't think Vicky will not grieve as much.. she didn't know him and then she heard him saying that he doesn't feel even a bit for Vicky what he does for Sharon

dddMac1
03-05-2005, 14:49
have to wait and see what hapens

Bad Wolf
03-05-2005, 14:50
one good thing- he will not be coming back!

Rach33
03-05-2005, 15:16
Couldn't of put it better myself Rach

alan45
03-05-2005, 15:49
one good thing- he will not be coming back!

Dont bet on that. We all thought he was away for good before. However this is EE we are talking about and anything can happen at the whim of a scriptwriter. Never let reality get in the way of a sensational :rotfl: storyline

Alisha
03-05-2005, 16:49
Dont bet on that. We all thought he was away for good before. However this is EE we are talking about and anything can happen at the whim of a scriptwriter. Never let reality get in the way of a sensational :rotfl: storyline

Surely ee won't be that desperate

Anyway that wont be happening because Leslie Grantham (Den) revealed on this morning not long ago that he is not returning to the show. He is busy working on other projects and moveing on.....

callummc
03-05-2005, 18:16
Unless sharon has had a personality transplant she will blame herself,god help chrissy cos sharon will make sure she pays,mind you its possible she could join the rest of people who have recently had a quick personality transplant,its these changes that are playing a big part in ee downfall,they seem to think we have all got the attention span of a budgie and will just accept that half a community have a total personality change,and this is why some of us are getting fed up with it

Alisha
03-05-2005, 18:42
I don't think she will 'blame' herself as such. After all she was not the one who killed Den. However I do feel that guilt will play a tremendous part for her. Den died with the notion that Sharon hated him and she wanted know more. That's something that will live with her. However Den is no saint and she knows it. He has caused her so much grief, despite the fact that he loved her and visa versa. It doesn't change what he has done though. Sharon is a survivor. She won't forget but hopefully she will move on and put her happiness first for a change. She deserves it.

As for Chrissie, she is a sharp woman and with Sharon around she is going to be more wary. I don't see her dropping her guard just yet. However the return of Sharon and Dennis is bound to shake her up. She is strong but she is human and I have a feeling hat her conscience is going to eat away at her once they come back. I think it will be a while before Sharon finds out the truth but I have no doubt that she will eventually. Nothing stays secret in ee. Chrissie better watch out. I doubt Sharon will take this one lying down...

Interesting times ahead!

i_luv_dennis
05-05-2005, 17:25
That Is Not True It Says They Come Bk As A Couple

callummc
05-05-2005, 18:00
Yes but for how long,if Ee will break up every other couple why not them,i give them 6 months together infact id put money on them not being together in a years time.

Alisha
05-05-2005, 22:42
Yeif Ee will break up every other couple why not them,i give them 6 months together infact id put money on them not being together in a years time.

Yeah I agree, I mean in ee’s standards couples don’t last the long term. They need break ups to implement changes and keep viewers gripped depending on the grounds of break up and writing around it)

It would however be nice to see Sharon and Dennis to stick it out though. In real life couples do last and be happy. I feel that Sharon and Dennis are certainly capable of surpassing the 1 year stage- other ee couples have. However as long as the storylines are creditable, then it's all good.

Speaking of couples 'splitting' though, I feel if anything it's more to do with the actors. When one of them leaves it disturbs the dynamics in a couple and ee have no alternative but to split them up. It was like that for Little Mo and Billy in 2003 where she left for maternity leave and then we had Phil and Kate where Phil took 18 months out the show, Kat and Alfie (Jessie’s maternity leave) and the list goes on. This is why Sharon and Dennis split at Christmas because Letitia went on break. I feel for as long as they are both on screen for a long duration of time, then ee can really evolve them as a couple. :)

callummc
06-05-2005, 09:52
The other reason ee won't have plans to make them close as a couple is leticia dean beeing very proffesional and not wanting to spring things on them,has allready publicly announced she wants to start a family,so ee will obviously not want to make any relationship she maybe involved in to stable cos if she does become pregnant a she will have to be wrote out and that would cause them more headaches

Alisha
06-05-2005, 10:19
The other reason ee won't have plans to make them close as a couple is leticia dean beeing very proffesional and not wanting to spring things on them,has allready publicly announced she wants to start a family,so ee will obviously not want to make any relationship she maybe involved in to stable cos if she does become pregnant a she will have to be wrote out and that would cause them more headaches

I find this highly unlikely. I don't see how her ee planning a relationship will effect her wanting or having a child in the foreseeable future. Scripts are scripts and she is not pregnant yet so it’s not something they have to worry about just yet. As long as she is healthy and fit to work, ee will give her the storylines that they feel she can carry off, whether that be a relationship with Dennis or a drunken bawl with Chrissie. Letitia has made no secret that she wants to start a family and ee know that so I would think that they are prephered for the likelihood of it actually happening :) .

There is every chance that she could become pregnant but it's up to the soap on how they plan her exit. It doesn't have to be highly dramatic. Kacey and Jessie managed it. EE provides the storylines to their cast member months in advanced so it wont get 'sprung' on her. I'm pretty confident that they take personal circumstances into consideration, especially something as huge as pregnancy.

callummc
06-05-2005, 13:16
EE didn't manage it to well in both those cases,it couldn't be helped cos of the 2 actresse's being pregnant,but the result was that 2 happy newly married couples had to break down to fast and this didn't help ee

Alisha
06-05-2005, 13:37
EE didn't manage it to well in both those cases,it couldn't be helped cos of the 2 actresse's being pregnant,but the result was that 2 happy newly married couples had to break down to fast and this didn't help ee

I agree. I thought Little Mo and Billy's was average. I wasn’t impressed with Kat's departure. Obviously, this is no fault of the actress but the way it was written. That’s the thing with pregnancies, it forces the script writers to alter storylines and there original plans get flushed down the toilet. However in saying this ee need to pull their socks up. Stuff like this is bound to happen all the time and with other soaps too. Although splitting them up is the only way to go when actors leave for months at a time, more plausible plots needs to come into effect to convince the audience. :)

callummc
06-05-2005, 18:35
Thats all i was trying to say,so it would be better to split them up naturally,rather than having to rush things if need be,that way dennis will be free to act like he did to sta

callummc
06-05-2005, 18:38
sorry,hit button accidentley,ill try again dennis will be free toact like he did to start with,a chip of the old block.

Alisha
07-05-2005, 12:54
but they don't have to rush things. If Dennis returned on his own and with no Sharon present, then yes him becoming more like how he was back then sounds likely. However he has no reason to behave that way if he is with Sharon. He will have meaning to his life, just how he did when they got together first time. I do think temper problems will be there and just because he with her that doesn't necessarily mean that he won't still carry that trait to his character. To be honest I think the death of Den will bring out a different reaction to him and I don't think he will be too chuft to see Andy dead. I imagine he will want to get to the bottom of what happened and therefore she angrier and vengeful Dennis. There is also Phil who will rock the boat.

If anything I think Dennis’s character was rather one dimensional until him and Sharon became a couple. Yes he was hard, tough, with a shield but it was only when he got involved with her that his barriers dropped, viewers got to see a vulnerable side to his character and in that sense he became more 3D and evolved. However I don’t think the 'rough and tough' side to him has gone. It’s there and is bound to resurface depending on the storyline he is given. Dennis is a complex character so I'm looking forward to seeing what ee have in store for him. I so feel that regardless of whether he is with Sharon or not, we will see more sides to him rather than all ‘coy’ and hopefully that it will be the same with Sharon too. They have both been through a lot so I’m intrigued to find out how they will suppress and deal with their emotions.