PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Allen’s houses

BlackKat
01-04-2006, 12:45
Just wondering what’s going to happen to Johnny’s properties? As far as I can remember he owns Scarlet, 5 Albert Square, 3 Albert Square (Garry and Minty’s) and 41 Albert Square (Jake’s).

So are they all going to be sold? But surely if they were sold, the tenants would need to find somewhere else to live and I can’t see EE have 5 people evicted at the same time. A family maybe, or 1 person. But to have 5 people trying to find somewhere else to live seems a bit overkill.

The club will obviously find a new owner eventually, either a new “gangster” coming in, or someone in the Square buying it. (Or, heaven forbid, someone who’s entirely on the up and up and just wants to run a club).

Not to mention he still owns that enormous house. :p

crazygirl
01-04-2006, 12:53
wow that house was out of this world! i wonder how much that would fetch and the woodland to go with it

Rach33
01-04-2006, 13:01
Ruby will get the lot I presume

Em
01-04-2006, 13:31
Can I just say - who in their right mind woudl live in that house in albert square if they could afford that in the country? Surely there are nicer houses in London if your that well off?

Luna
01-04-2006, 13:48
Can I just say - who in their right mind woudl live in that house in albert square if they could afford that in the country? Surely there are nicer houses in London if your that well off?

I was thinking the exact same thing!!! really come on walford or that wonderful house??? Wouldnt take me long to decide

crazygirl
01-04-2006, 14:32
Ruby will get the lot I presumeshe would only get them through death! its still johnnys money

Angeldelight
01-04-2006, 16:18
I put money on Johnny signing them over to his daughter after all he would want her to be well cared for she could take over at the club

littlemo
01-04-2006, 21:42
I put money on Johnny signing them over to his daughter after all he would want her to be well cared for she could take over at the club

Yeah he did say she could have the lot! But I think for her to take full control she'd need to be 18, and that's not happening for a good few months yet. I'm not sure when her birthday is?!

When Ruby was leaving the house in Essex, my mum was like why is she listening to Jake, and going back to Walford when she's got that huge house (at least take some belongings!). She is going to be a very rich woman!

Do you reckon they are going to have Ruby go down the same road as Sam did? her taking over the family empire, only for it to have it crashing around her ears. With Sam it was the Watts who took over the square, but in this case I think it will be the Mitchells (maybe along with Sharon). It's always about picking off the weaker members of the herd.

Siobhan
03-04-2006, 12:23
Just wondering what’s going to happen to Johnny’s properties? As far as I can remember he owns Scarlet, 5 Albert Square, 3 Albert Square (Garry and Minty’s) and 41 Albert Square (Jake’s).

So are they all going to be sold? But surely if they were sold, the tenants would need to find somewhere else to live and I can’t see EE have 5 people evicted at the same time. A family maybe, or 1 person. But to have 5 people trying to find somewhere else to live seems a bit overkill.

The club will obviously find a new owner eventually, either a new “gangster” coming in, or someone in the Square buying it. (Or, heaven forbid, someone who’s entirely on the up and up and just wants to run a club).

Not to mention he still owns that enormous house. :p

I don't know what it is like in the UK but in Ireland if someone is a known criminal and is caught or hands himself in, all his property goes into state as the government doesn't know which was bought legitmate or not

hazey
03-04-2006, 13:35
I don't know what it is like in the UK but in Ireland if someone is a known criminal and is caught or hands himself in, all his property goes into state as the government doesn't know which was bought legitmate or not The only time that happens in the uk,is if the person has been involved with selling drugs, or a large bank robbery. As he is admitting to killing people,but for no gain. He wont have to hand over any property.

Xx-Vicky-xX
03-04-2006, 13:38
The only time that happens in the uk,is if the person has been involved with selling drugs, or a large bank robbery. As he is admitting to killing people,but for no gain. He wont have to hand over any property.

Even if the rules were that you have to hand over houses no matter what crime you have commited i dont think Eastenders would cover it they seem to forget stuff like that

*-Rooney-*
03-04-2006, 13:42
wont the lot just go to ruby, at least until he is freed which wont be for a few decades yet

*-Rooney-*
03-04-2006, 13:44
wont evrything just go to ruby

BlackKat
03-04-2006, 13:50
I think it would only go to Ruby if he signed it over to her. It would only automatically go to Ruby if he died.

I hope it doesn't go to Ruby -- I'd have trouble believing she could look after a goldfish, let alone a business.

*-Rooney-*
03-04-2006, 13:52
I think it would only go to Ruby if he signed it over to her. It would only automatically go to Ruby if he died.

I hope it doesn't go to Ruby -- I'd have trouble believing she could look after a goldfish, let alone a business.

well who else do you suggest it goes to ruby is the only person johnny has left

Siobhan
03-04-2006, 13:54
well who else do you suggest it goes to ruby is the only person johnny has left

What blackkat said is right.. who says it has to go to anyone. Johnny is in prision not dead so he doesn't have to sign any of his property over to anyone. Maybe he will sell it who knows but Ruby doesn't get any of it unless 1) johnny dies or 2) johnny signs it over

*-Rooney-*
03-04-2006, 13:57
the best thing that could hapen is johnny arranges for one or some of his properties to be sold then the money can be given to ruby so that johnny has peace of mind that ruby is taken care of money wise, so that she can still study

Siobhan
03-04-2006, 13:58
the best thing that could hapen is johnny arranges for one or some of his properties to be sold then the money can be given to ruby so that johnny has peace of mind that ruby is taken care of money wise, so that she can still study

maybe that is what will happen. I don't think it should be given to ruby, but put in a trust she can get when she is 21 or finished her degree but can use the money to pay for college

*-Rooney-*
03-04-2006, 14:00
but the thing is dont you think that ruby will need money to live off of at the time being she cant be expected to live off the slaters until she is 21

Siobhan
03-04-2006, 14:03
but the thing is dont you think that ruby will need money to live off of at the time being she cant be expected to live off the slaters until she is 21

If the money is put in trust she can access only a certain living about.. why can't she just get a job like most student who have to pay for college??

*-Rooney-*
03-04-2006, 14:06
yeah if she does that she will probably end up with no time to study and end up failing, why should she need to do that when her dad can get money to her .

you didnt see sonia working to keep her college paid for she depended on martin

Siobhan
03-04-2006, 14:11
yeah if she does that she will probably end up with no time to study and end up failing, why should she need to do that when her dad can get money to her .

you didnt see sonia working to keep her college paid for she depended on martin

Ruby can't depend on her dad either.. Sonia had a job in the hospital when she was studying so she didn't depend on martin, if she did then it would have been harder for her to leave.
I think Ruby would be a hypocrite to accept her dad's money considering it came for criminal activity which she was against

*-Rooney-*
03-04-2006, 14:17
yeah but ruby is different from others she will need to earn enough money to pay the slaters something towards the rent, money to live on herself and money to pay college, where exactly is she going to get a job that will pay her enough and leave her time to study

Siobhan
03-04-2006, 14:20
yeah but ruby is different from others she will need to earn enough money to pay the slaters something towards the rent, money to live on herself and money to pay college, where exactly is she going to get a job that will pay her enough and leave her time to study

how do other students do it? Ruby is no different except her dad has money from criminal activities which SHE asked him to give up so she can't expect the money and the clean life..

BlackKat
03-04-2006, 14:45
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't sixth form college free? And if Ruby did want to go on to uni, surely she'd do it like everyone else and get a student loan etc.

BlackKat
03-04-2006, 14:48
Not to mention the fact that the majority of Johnny's money is probably gotten from dirty deals etc, even if it couldn't be proved. So if Ruby did accept that money she'd be a hypocrite.

Siobhan
03-04-2006, 14:50
Not to mention the fact that the majority of Johnny's money is probably gotten from dirty deals etc, even if it couldn't be proved. So if Ruby did accept that money she'd be a hypocrite.

That is exactly what I said to Shaza.. get a job Ruby

*-Rooney-*
03-04-2006, 14:50
i wish i could but i dont know, so im not going to tell you you are wrong when i cant be sure

littlemo
03-04-2006, 15:30

She might be, but if that kind of money was handed to you on a plate, could you turn it down?! Johnny's her dad, she deserves something from him. It's not like she would be commiting any criminal activity. She should get all the money!

Johnny wants the best for her. The last thing he would want, would be for her to end up like Stacey Slater, working on a stall. And in Ruby's heart of heart's, I don't think she would want that either. She's got a car, something she wouldn't have if it weren't for Johnny (she might be willing to give that up). But I think she'll find that life without being bailed out, and having no money will be not what she's used to.

Siobhan
03-04-2006, 15:32
She might be, but if that kind of money was handed to you on a plate, could you turn it down?! Johnny's her dad, she deserves something from him. It's not like she would be commiting any criminal activity. She should get all the money!

Johnny wants the best for her. The last thing he would want, would be for her to end up like Stacey Slater, working on a stall. And in Ruby's heart of heart's, I don't think she would want that either. She's got a car, something she wouldn't have if it weren't for Johnny (she might be willing to give that up). But I think she'll find that life without being bailed out, and having no money will be not what she's used to.

Nothing wrong with Stacey Slater, at least it is honest work... With her dad been in prison and having no other family surely ruby would get a grant to go to college... she should stand on her own feet and not rely on her dad to bail her out all the time

BlackKat
03-04-2006, 15:35
If I found out my father was a mass murderer, a gangland boss, and had been ruining peoples lives for 40-odd years I wouldn't want anything to do with him and I certainly wouldn't want his money.

"You have to confess Dad. There are other rules other than the ones you make. You've lied to me. I just want you to be my dad. I never want to see you again. I will however keep the car, the house and all your money."

littlemo
03-04-2006, 15:40
Nothing wrong with Stacey Slater, at least it is honest work... With her dad been in prison and having no other family surely ruby would get a grant to go to college... she should stand on her own feet and not rely on her dad to bail her out all the time

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with Stacey Slater, I'm just giving you an example of the way Johnny's mind works. I personally think she's great!

It's up to Ruby what she feels able to accept but I do think she deserves the money Johnny has to offer her. There's no denying that money improves your life. It's not the most important thing, but it helps.

Em
03-04-2006, 15:41
If I found out my father was a mass murderer, a gangland boss, and had been ruining peoples lives for 40-odd years I wouldn't want anything to do with him and I certainly wouldn't want his money.

"You have to confess Dad. There are other rules other than the ones you make. You've lied to me. I just want you to be my dad. I never want to see you again. I will however keep the car, the house and all your money."

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Ahh well, its not like eastenders is real life so they can pretty much do as they like! They might just forget about all of it they have a tendancy to do that - for example who is in Sharon's flat whilst she is away? Why did Ruby go to the Slaters and not back to Johnnys house? Does Jake live in Alfie's old house?

I think the most likely thing will be for Jonny to employ someone to manage all this for him - selling the businesses / renting out houses etc.

littlemo
03-04-2006, 15:44

That's funny! lol. No she wouldn't say that, but if Johnny signs it over to her, what is she to do?! She's the only one who is set to inherit, why should she have to give it up?!

BlackKat
03-04-2006, 15:52
That's funny! lol. No she wouldn't say that, but if Johnny signs it over to her, what is she to do?! She's the only one who is set to inherit, why should she have to give it up?!

Because her whining about his lifestyle means nothing if she's willing to live off the profits of said lifestyle.

*-Rooney-*
03-04-2006, 16:10
i think she should get something due to it all because after all it was johnnys fault that her sister and her mum are dead and she is a 17 year old with no one

melmarshall858
03-04-2006, 16:15
Well i read in one of last weeks soap magazines that she ends up selling her jewellery so that she can contribute at the slaters.
Jake feels so guilty for everything that happened he tells Charlie he will give him £500 per month for her keep - although where Jake would get this money is behond me as he only has a job in the bookies that i don't think he will be spending too much time managing.

*-Rooney-*
03-04-2006, 16:25
maybe jake will take over scarletts, either that or it will shut down

tammyy2j
03-04-2006, 16:33
Probably some relative of Johnny's will show up and run his business and collect rent from the tenants.

Is the club closed at present? I knew Mike and Amy were working there?

littlemo
03-04-2006, 16:35
maybe jake will take over scarletts, either that or it will shut down

I suppose Johnny might think that Jake is reliable enough to trust with his daughter, despite what's happened. And I can see how Scarlett's would keep Jake close, so maybe Johnny would sell it to him, to make sure that Ruby is taken care of. I can see that! It would also give Jake something to do, because he isn't really involved much at the moment.

Maybe Jake and Sharon could go halves on the club. If she's forgiven him for the whole Chrissie business. They could make a nice couple actually. I think Jake's a nice guy.

Then the Mitchells have the Vic and the Archers. Ian has the cafe and the chip shop. Sharon has the bookies and Patrick has the car lot. Am I right?! Bit confusing. Do you think the Mitchells will buy Johnny's house in the square? Pat's got their old one now, and they could do with a house.

*-Rooney-*
03-04-2006, 16:35
yeah maybe. im not sure if the club is open at the moment, mike was the manager but hes long gone he left with rosies money

*-Rooney-*
03-04-2006, 16:38
yeah but sharon is in america with michelle

littlemo
03-04-2006, 16:38
yeah maybe. im not sure if the club is open at the moment, mike was the manager but hes long gone he left with rosies money

They just seemed to forget about Mike being manager. Johnny was going on at him about having somebody he could rely on, and then all of a sudden he disappeared. But Johnny didn't say a word about it! strange!

littlemo
03-04-2006, 16:39
yeah but sharon is in america with michelle

Yeah, sorry. I think I gave away a bit of a spoiler there, just forget it!

BlackKat
03-04-2006, 16:41
I doubt Sharon would do business with Johnny after that little matter where Johnny ordered her husband's death.

littlemo
03-04-2006, 16:45
I doubt Sharon would do business with Johnny after that little matter where Johnny ordered her husband's death.

True! But if Jake was to buy it, Sharon might do business with him. After all he wasn't responsible for Den's death. He stood by somebody who was, but she stood by Dennis through everything he's done. Maybe they could come to some sort of arrangement.

Mind you there's all that stuff with Danny as well!

Babe14
04-04-2006, 11:59
One of two things could happen here:

Johnny could keep hold of them or the Mitchells will just take them over.

Jake won't have to worry about paying rent nor Gary and Minty even though their current rental agreements probably haven't expired as of yet, with Johnny safely behind bars no one is going to come knocking for it are they?

Phil and Grant are going to want to make their mark on the square so I'm guessing that it will be them who will take over the property in the square, afterall the Vic is becoming very overcrowded, like many of the houses in the square, and some of it's current residents will need somewhere to live. Maybe Phil and Grant or Grant and Courtney plus *** will move in with Jake??

Also there are a lot of newbies on their way and they will need somewhere to live, mean come on surely the houses in the square aren't really tardises!!

One thing I hope is that the House in Essex is never sold or if it is the private woodland which Johnny has brought won't be sold too!!

Babe14
04-04-2006, 12:01
As for Scarlets I still quite fancy Jake running it only now with Grant too. There again I quite like Jake at the Bookies.

Babe14
04-04-2006, 12:04
True! But if Jake was to buy it, Sharon might do business with him. After all he wasn't responsible for Den's death. He stood by somebody who was, but she stood by Dennis through everything he's done. Maybe they could come to some sort of arrangement.

Mind you there's all that stuff with Danny as well!

Sharon would do business with Grant though, so if he was to buy it from her then he could hire or run, Scarlets with Jake. This could help take Jake's mind off of things but there again Scarlets maybe a constant reminder to him of everything which happened with and involving Johnny.